Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nenonen)
What should the presidential powers be in 2020?
This poll is closed.
UNLIMITED!!!! URKKI 2.0!!!!!! 3 23.08%
Sauli should be allowed to telecast to our homes whenever he pleases, but that should be the limit. 2 15.38%
He should be limited to writing mildly worded letters to HBL and other provincial newspapers. 2 15.38%
None. More power to Sanna & Katri & Maria & Li & Anna-Maja & Jenni! 2 15.38%
Unlimited, but every decision must be subject to a plebiscite. 0 0%
None, but the president's life must be video streamed 24 /7 for the duration of their term, with no censorship. 4 30.77%
Total: 13 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Darkest Auer posted:

Why even pretend that this is a real party instead of lumping it together with MUUT?

Honeslty I think I am going to miss siniset. Always makes me smile when their purely theoretical support is shown.

Almost wish they could get one guy through just to see them standing alone in the parliament.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jyppe
Jun 13, 2007
For the Fireman!

DarkCrawler posted:

Befriend? Who is talking about that? It is just a lot less easier and lot less harmful to Finland to deal with the dumb fucks in PS then the loving gold-eating lizard-people wearing human masks in Cock. Government work is poison for the former because ultimately they can achieve about 1/100th of what their retard followers actually want. While the latter can just keep festering as second-partners (or first, doesn't matter), worming in their kill the poor, privatize winnings and socialize the losses bullshit everywhere and never taking the hit from it because they are actually doing what their inhuman constituents want.

I'd rather have neither, but I know what I want if it is between the two. Couple of years ago I would have spoken differently but Jesus gently caress I am just so loving done with the bullshit weasel word siphoning of public money to rich fuckwad pockets. This government has been the worst, and very little of it is ultimately because of persut. Most of it has been because one of the lizard-men somehow ended up running Kepu so we had two parties who want to make soylent green out of anyone who isn't at least upper middle class.

Doesn’t PS (at least HAlo) support right wing policies anyway?

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011

Jyppe posted:

Doesn’t PS (at least HAlo) support right wing policies anyway?

While they've been categorised by basically all mainstream media as a right wing party, I see very limited evidence supporting this. I'd say they could easily be persuaded into left wing policies as they seem to mostly care about immigration. Note that right wing parties typically support the influx of cheap, exploitable labour.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

SnowblindFatal posted:

While they've been categorised by basically all mainstream media as a right wing party, I see very limited evidence supporting this. I'd say they could easily be persuaded into left wing policies as they seem to mostly care about immigration. Note that right wing parties typically support the influx of cheap, exploitable labour.

Have you ever read or listened to a single policy that they have suggested? They propose budget cuts, tax cuts, bootstraps, flexibility in work market (from the workers' side of course) and polluting more. There is not a single policy in their program that could be construed as leftist. At most there is populist lip service to the työkkärinatsi by promising that things will get better as soon as we slash funding from negroes.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I'm sure this time the far-right gives some lip service to workers' causes they actually mean it instead of loving everyone over like they have literally always done

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Oh wait, forgot that Siniset is going to be featured last and next on YLE in a few minutes. I bet they thank their lucky stars it's on April's fools day, maybe the dumbest voters will think they're just pulling a prank when they see their state today.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019
Terho is such a goober.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

Oh wait, forgot that Siniset is going to be featured last and next on YLE in a few minutes. I bet they thank their lucky stars it's on April's fools day, maybe the dumbest voters will think they're just pulling a prank when they see their state today.

"A thousand new cops! A hundred new fighter jets! An army of genetically bred super-patriot centaurs wielding swords and shields, ready to crush any interloper, be it the Rus horde from the east or the cursed legions of the Mahomeddians invading us from decadent Swedelands! Oh God I am not ready for my political career to end, please vote for me!"

- Sampo Terho, soon to be former MP from a party that never really existed in the first place

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

A thousand new cops are going to be needed just to investigate Helsinki narc cops' crimes within their lifetimes. Maybe we could instead just train 100 good cops and not train any more bad cops?

Meanwhile, the Oulu imam who a week earlier was reported to have told the family of an underage rape victim to not admit that she was raped in the mosque because it would cause trouble and then publically denied such possibility is now in the news because his daughter and son in law went to Syria to fight for ISIS. Despite his persu views on women and homos this isi was SDP candidate in the last kuntavaalit but they have since become estranged.

My question to you, dear experts, is what type of authority, if any, should the general public exercise on a church community that is led by a pedocultist? Soft would be public attention with expressed suggestions to replace the leadership, hard would be closing down the place of worship. Hopefully once we have resolved this we can use the same solution to all religious communities somehow.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
Adopt mongolian shamanism as state religion, abolish all others.

Upsides:
Respecting our traditions
It's called Böö mörgöl
Way more swag than priests or imams

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Nenonen posted:

A thousand new cops are going to be needed just to investigate Helsinki narc cops' crimes within their lifetimes. Maybe we could instead just train 100 good cops and not train any more bad cops?

Meanwhile, the Oulu imam who a week earlier was reported to have told the family of an underage rape victim to not admit that she was raped in the mosque because it would cause trouble and then publically denied such possibility is now in the news because his daughter and son in law went to Syria to fight for ISIS. Despite his persu views on women and homos this isi was SDP candidate in the last kuntavaalit but they have since become estranged.

My question to you, dear experts, is what type of authority, if any, should the general public exercise on a church community that is led by a pedocultist? Soft would be public attention with expressed suggestions to replace the leadership, hard would be closing down the place of worship. Hopefully once we have resolved this we can use the same solution to all religious communities somehow.

The fact that is not a crime of some sort is the problem here. It honestly should be illegal to tell someone not to report on sexual abuse IMO if you are in an authority position any sort, be it in school or church. If it already is this guy and all the pedocultists in JW or Lestadiomafia should be prosecuted.

Personally I'd just buy one of those hornets and eject the guy over one of the Wahhabist shitholes that he loves so much but :shrug:

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Nenonen posted:

Are you talking about the government here or something?

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

Nenonen posted:

Have you ever read or listened to a single policy that they have suggested? They propose budget cuts, tax cuts, bootstraps, flexibility in work market (from the workers' side of course) and polluting more. There is not a single policy in their program that could be construed as leftist. At most there is populist lip service to the työkkärinatsi by promising that things will get better as soon as we slash funding from negroes.

Whether that is true or not, are you saying Hallis would not allow leftist economics if he got immigration concessions in return? Because I believe you are 100% in the wrong.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

All organized religion is bad. Take your priests and imams and laugh at them, and then go have sex outside marriage, drink, etc. and gently caress you god and anyone who would use his name to exert any control on another.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

The Catholic church alone has proven it is a perverse system, and you can mention Islam too if you want but no need Catholicism is enough.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
It's funny because last week it was revealed by the police that someone who was in the travel business and participated in church summer camps was part of an international Satanist Nazi pedophile circle where they sexually abused and even murdered little boys while pumping them full of meth.

And by funny I meant absolutely terrifying.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Yeah, any time someone accuses me of being an internet atheist, from now on I guess, I'm gonna say "but what about the Catholic Church and that meth Church pedo guy in Finland?"

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

doverhog posted:

Whether that is true or not, are you saying Hallis would not allow leftist economics if he got immigration concessions in return? Because I believe you are 100% in the wrong.

I don't know about Hallis but the majority of the persu voters would not have it. The official party propaganda has constantly painted all the progressive/left wing parties as their primary antagonists, a 180 turn on something like that just does not happen overnight.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

It doesn't have to be a 180 turn. I am not clear on what the left/right economics of the Persu are, but believe they will sell them out for a price. Now you may think that price is too high. I do not. I agree with DarkCrawler.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Populism, the people, must beat back the Cock and the land owners. If the left wants to win an election they must use the rear end. If they want a leftist government they must go rear end. Leave the Cock and the forest pedos out.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
The trouble with populist parties is that they disintegrate on contact with being in the government. While it would be absolutely hilarious to see PS split again, I'd rather have a functioning government this time around.

Kemper Boyd
Aug 6, 2007

no kings, no gods, no masters but a comfy chair and no socks
Last time around, the PS couldn't scratch together five competent people for cabinet positions. Guess if they're better or worse off now?

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

are you saying Teuvo and Laura shouldnt be given cabinet positions

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Kemper Boyd posted:

Last time around, the PS couldn't scratch together five competent people for cabinet positions. Guess if they're better or worse off now?

Put Henna Kajava in as minister, or whatever, as long as that means Li Andersson is also in and Cock remains out.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Tässä muuten vinkki teille, jotka joutuvat väittelemään kokoomuslaisten kanssa politiikasta. Pakottakaa ne ensin hyväksymään että verot on tarpeellisia ja eivät todellakaan ole varkautta. Kieltäytykää etenemästä keskustelussa yhtään edemmäksi ennenkuin ne myöntää sen.

Sen jälkeen väittely on paljon helpompaa, valitaan enää kohteita joilla saavutetaan paras lopputulos yhteiskunnalle.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
My fiance took the vaalikompassi last night. I told her she ought to take it to see where she leans so she filled it in while we were driving. She is totally not at all into politics, don't even really follow the news and I think she wouldn't have a clue what's going on if I didn't tell her from time to time.

She showed me her ideal candidate that the program selected for her and said it was a woman, from "FKP" and asked is that like "Finlands kristliga parti" or something, she thought she got a match with KD :suicide:

She took the compass in swedish so I said click on the FKP link to see what party it is. And FKP is SKP = Suomen Kommunistinen Puolue :v:

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Darkest Auer posted:

The trouble with populist parties is that they disintegrate on contact with being in the government. While it would be absolutely hilarious to see PS split again, I'd rather have a functioning government this time around.

I'd rather have a broken government than one with Cock in it. I'd rather have SOTE and Keskusta if all the privatization crap went away and even if it didn't save jack poo poo in money, than have the cocks in government.

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011
Yeah I'm sure they chose Hallis over Soini because Soini wasn't right wing enough. :B

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
Watching YLE's debate with small parties, and Marco de Wit is providing the comedy with his constant talks about globalists. I like how the host cuts him off everytime he's accusing YLE of censorship.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

I wasn't familiar with Marco boy so this has been an enlightening experience. Overall this has been the best vaalitentti so far.

fart_man_69
May 18, 2009
Finland sucks

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
Harsh but true.

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

I see he's using the Finnish weakness for free buckets. Is buying votes like this even lawful?

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011
Yeah he's undermining people's faith in our political system!

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
I unironically voted today and anyone posting itt who doesn't should get banned

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
https://twitter.com/Vapaavuori/status/1113379846124711936
Easy million euros on offer if you can solve the energy problem.

brakeless
Apr 11, 2011

comedy answer: nuclear

real answer: harvesting my flatulence

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
Burn all the coal so we can be the new Mediterranean, therefore no need for kaukolämpö

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

I see he's using the Finnish weakness for free buckets. Is buying votes like this even lawful?

Chaotic good.

Darkest Auer posted:

I unironically voted today and anyone posting itt who doesn't should get banned

Can't hold it any longer, eh? Let me tell you some great edging techniques, I swear it feels so much better when you wait to the last minute before you slip it in.