Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Considering what's going on with Penner's wife Stacy right now, it seems unlikely he'll ever play again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqjQEoo7AYo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
#IStandWithWardog

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I love that he calls himself wardog and is like one of the wimpiest challengers on the show.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Fun fact: if you look at the tribe flag, you will see that it has the initials of every contestant who made the merge.

Including a W. For Wardog. :dukedoge:

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

The Walrus posted:

Hm yeah that's true enough, and I guess if my comment was accurate they would have considered something similar for redemption island, etc. FTC is gonna be a cluster if that's true jeez.

Well considering the style of FTC they have been doing, it doesn't really matter how many people are there as they get to ask open questions instead of the old 1 at a time format.

Also, I feel like the "invisible" player thing is less to do with the twist and more to do with having so many players not having to go to tribal until the merge. Like they need to actually put a classic both tribes go to tribal twist premerge so people can actually see what's going on in the other camp.

Like, we don't know who those people are, because they probably haven't had to do any real gameplay until the merge.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Well considering the style of FTC they have been doing, it doesn't really matter how many people are there as they get to ask open questions instead of the old 1 at a time format.

Also, I feel like the "invisible" player thing is less to do with the twist and more to do with having so many players not having to go to tribal until the merge. Like they need to actually put a classic both tribes go to tribal twist premerge so people can actually see what's going on in the other camp.

Like, we don't know who those people are, because they probably haven't had to do any real gameplay until the merge.

Philippines had an entire tribe not go to tribal before the merge and we still got plenty of dirt about them (and one of them's Abi-Maria, so yeah, we saw plenty).

Honestly, I think it's the combination of both the twist and having captains. Just one of them would be fine, but now you have both a separate twist taking up time, and then returning players that everyone's confessionals are about. At least Ghost Island, for all it's mess, didn't have anyone coming back from previous seasons to guzzle up more screentime.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I think its just a perfect storm of stuff. Manu/Lesu were not only more game important but were also more dramatic and better TV. If Wendy was on Kama then we would have seen a lot of crazy nonsense over there. Kama's crew seem largely low key with Aubry, Ron, and Victoria seeming like the only ones really even thinking about drama. Then we got that screwy tribe divide. So we end up with a complete Kama tribe at the merge who we barely even know and who have no outspoken personalities or games to speak of.

And yeah, Edge of Extinction eats up time but like, do we really get the sense that Gavin, Julia, and Julie were gonna be more entertaining and take up more time as they practiced Ron's dance routine?

I'm sure Survivor didn't intend for Kama to be basic.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
I'm thinking that they'll probably never bring back Joe again because it's just so unfairly stacked in his tribe's favour now and it takes away their precious drama. Even Ozzy wasn't that dominant in his own captain season.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Big Taint posted:

Stop bringing back lovely returnees please.

I don't mind bringing them back as long as they're not mixed with newbies. But 4th time out is way too much.

Is this the first season after Lynne Spillman got the boot? They might not have been confident in their ability to get good newbies and used returnees as a way to soften it.

The Walrus posted:

You can't have 17 people on a jury

Why not? They're trying something and I think part of it comes with a variable jury. I think everyone who drops out isn't on the Jury. It looks like they were playing it by ear during production and didn't have a set plan on how the jury worked, based on how many actually drop out.

Zesty fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Apr 4, 2019

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

Zesty posted:

Is this the first season after Lynne Spillman got the boot? They might not have been confident in their ability to get good newbies and used returnees as a way to soften it.

My understanding is that this is the last one before she was fired, and I guess we'll know if she was fired for cause based on how the rest of the season goes. :sweatdrop:

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

ApplesandOranges posted:

Philippines had an entire tribe not go to tribal before the merge and we still got plenty of dirt about them (and one of them's Abi-Maria, so yeah, we saw plenty).

Honestly, I think it's the combination of both the twist and having captains. Just one of them would be fine, but now you have both a separate twist taking up time, and then returning players that everyone's confessionals are about. At least Ghost Island, for all it's mess, didn't have anyone coming back from previous seasons to guzzle up more screentime.

Yea, but Abi-Maria is a special castaway. It's truly quite possible the most entertaining stuff to come out of the no tribal tribe this season is the plotting against Aubry and Joe, which we saw play out.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Spergatory posted:

My understanding is that this is the last one before she was fired, and I guess we'll know if she was fired for cause based on how the rest of the season goes. :sweatdrop:

There are so many worse casts than this.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Yea, but Abi-Maria is a special castaway. It's truly quite possible the most entertaining stuff to come out of the no tribal tribe this season is the plotting against Aubry and Joe, which we saw play out.

Yeah. If you have an Abi Marie or Wendy on an otherwise boring tribe it can change everything TV wise. Not only are you watching their antics but you're getting to know their tribe mates by watching them react and try and deal with this force of nature.

But Kama had Joe carrying them in challenges and tribe hoping that it wins some loyalty to save him, Aubry spiraling in on herself, Ron teaching people to dance and trolling Joe, and Victoria occasionally sharing her ambitions to one day be sneaky. Its entirely possible they were just boring.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Aurora speaks!

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

Aurora speaks!

Who?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
lmao that wardogs plan is to get David/Devin to vote against their best interests in order to take a shot at being eliminated by random chance.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

just tuned in, what I miss?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
The inevitable Ron blindside is going to be glorious.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
This guy I don't know his name says he's puppet master so he's happy they lost challenge so lauren and wentworth are weak.

They should put names on screen everytime or give everyone a distinct funny hat.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

If Ron doesn't go home this week I'm going to have such blue balls.

TMMadman posted:

lmao that wardogs plan is to get David/Devin to vote against their best interests in order to take a shot at being eliminated by random chance.

I mean, he's a week late but at least its better than last week's plan.

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Why do I always want to sock it to you so hard?
I think that was the first time I've ever literally done a spit take

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
hahahaa devons owns the wardog

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

LOL RICK!

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Wait, i thought the idol turned into two full idols, they are still splitting it?? And wait, if Devons is so against loser tribe, why did he give the goddamn idol half to old man returnee?

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Both Wardog and Rick suck at this entire thing.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I mean I'm totally on Ricks side here. I wouldn't want to work with them either at this point.

And it's like nobody even seems to consider that the kama 6 is NOT going to stay 6 strong all the way to the end.

edit - I mean I might consider biting the bullet and doing the vote that way this tribal, but I would certainly be giving them poo poo like Rick.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Khanstant posted:

Wait, i thought the idol turned into two full idols, they are still splitting it?? And wait, if Devons is so against loser tribe, why did he give the goddamn idol half to old man returnee?

its one idol and David was the only one he trusts.

The real question is why wait until you tell david You're not on board to ask for the other half back?

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Khanstant posted:

They only become an idol when combined, otherwise they're two pieces of junk.

Rick was with David but doesn't want to work with the rest of Lesu because they voted four him twice.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

I hope there's a stake.

e: A post! Close enough

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Rick being a dick to Wardog probably wasn't great gameplay. Like i basically agree with him that its bullshit they pull this "we gotta rise above and go to rocks" thing a day after backstabbing him. They should be begging for forgiveness. But like, he probably shouldn't be saying that.

But its funny as gently caress to watch.

I'm somewhere between Rick and David on what the right move is. They both have valid points. I think its a real crapshoot of a decision for them, but its also moot until someone talks to Aurora.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
he's the WARdog not the STANDdog

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

lmao Devins

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Devens is like a troll got on Survivor. Like he knows how to play the game, but just trolling everyone.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

The War Dog is fit in the same way my grandmother thinks I'm handsome.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
That editing for the blackout effect wow.

This cringey inappropriate deal making hahahahaha

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

lol if Lauren dies before the loved ones visit

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Well Aurora kind of just pulled some bad shade on herself for no reason then!

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Devens is like a troll got on Survivor. Like he knows how to play the game, but just trolling everyone.

I love him so much

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

That Lauren passing out buildup was harrowing poo poo, man.

"You fainted."
"DAMNIT!"

I'm sympathetic to Aurora's game position... but yikes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
lmao at that whole thing.

Lauren knowing she was going to blackout and staying up there until she blacks out is both totally stupid and totally admirable.

Then the negotiation going on and sideline chatter was just a perfect topper.