Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Hellsau posted:

"remove the red zone" is on a sticky note on the back of the dartboard where it is safe from accidental glances

Why would anyone want that removed? They're incredibly easy to avoid, and if you die from it (like I have) it's because you're dumb enough to think you can avoid it because you're going too fast on a vehicle. Or you aren't paying attention until you hear the doom whistle right on top of you and it's already too late.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Jiro posted:

Why would anyone want that removed? They're incredibly easy to avoid, and if you die from it (like I have) it's because you're dumb enough to think you can avoid it because you're going too fast on a vehicle. Or you aren't paying attention until you hear the doom whistle right on top of you and it's already too late.

It's the worst RNG element of the entire game that can easily be gotten rid of by... just not having it. Sure, you can run to the nearest hut and sit inside of it for 30 seconds. But why....

Thanks!

B-Mac
Apr 21, 2003
I'll never catch "the gay"!

Jiro posted:

It's a dumb feature and you're a dumb dumb for defending it, you dummy.

B-Mac fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Apr 1, 2019

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Thom P. Tiers posted:

It's the worst RNG element of the entire game that can easily be gotten rid of by... just not having it. Sure, you can run to the nearest hut and sit inside of it for 30 seconds. But why....

Thanks!

First off, drat good play with the smoke! Secondly the worst rng of the game is when you run into a town and it's full of nothing but gun parts some ammo and nothing else for at least a full circle.

B-Mac posted:

It's a dumb feature and you're a dumb dumb for defending it, you dummy.

How is it dumb when it's easily avoidable? For almost everyone it's practically a non factor, unless it spawns right on top of you. It so rarely kills anyone anymore that when it does it's HILARIOUS.

Shooting Blanks posted:

I got killed by a red zone while inside a building yesterday. Yes, an unavoidable RNG death that spawns right on top of me is an awesome feature.

So....were you like right near a window? Or a door? It's still pretty loving funny.

Jiro fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Apr 1, 2019

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

I got killed by a red zone while inside a building yesterday. Yes, an unavoidable RNG death that spawns right on top of me is an awesome feature.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
If you guys have never watched kaymind play he's absolutely nuts.

https://clips.twitch.tv/FantasticMushyTrollHassaanChop

his aim in this game is insane

https://clips.twitch.tv/WealthyCaringRhinocerosTwitchRPG

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I think the point of the red zone is to keep you moving. But when all it takes is to hide in a building for a minute, it's pretty easy to dodge.

Chair In A Basket
Aug 6, 2005

I'm basically Jesus.

Nap Ghost
I like that it makes a ton of noise to help cover the ungodly loud clanking all my equipment makes now.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
they should add per bullet clanking as players 350 5.56 and 250 7.62 rustle around in their backpack, maybe it would finally cut back on the loot goblinning

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

Herstory Begins Now posted:

they should add per bullet clanking as players 350 5.56 and 250 7.62 rustle around in their backpack, maybe it would finally cut back on the loot goblinning

yesss

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
they'll add more realism by making you loot magazines, loot boxes of appropriate bullets for those magazines, put individual bullets in to fill the magazines, then find the appropriate gun for those magazines.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
the more full your backpack the slower you run

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Thom P. Tiers posted:

the more full your backpack the slower you run

jesus christ

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Hellsau posted:

they'll add more realism by making you loot magazines, loot boxes of appropriate bullets for those magazines, put individual bullets in to fill the magazines, then find the appropriate gun for those magazines.

Nah, SCUM came and left already.

Molchane
Dec 13, 2014
yea but what if they added poison berries you can put into energy drinks so you can leave poisoned drinks laying around

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Hockles posted:

oh god poor fuckin SCUM, released way too early and died on the vine

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Loading mags bullet by bullet and camping all day is the Tarkov thing, but that level of realism isn’t very popular.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I like the redzone because it's a goddamn war out there you babbys, and b) because it really irritates just the right sort of person

mrking
May 27, 2006

There's No Limit To What We Can't Accomplish

I like the red zone because driving through the explosions makes me feel like I'm in a good Michael Bay movie.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Hockles posted:

So many different stats to keep checking on in that game. :stare:

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat
Is there still groups of goons playing this? I got back into it recently but it looks like the old discord only has people playing Apex.

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Supesudandi wa, kukan-nai no dandidesu

Jiro posted:

So many different stats to keep checking on in that game. :stare:

Your micronutrients and if you need to poop we’re my faves

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

General Probe posted:

Is there still groups of goons playing this? I got back into it recently but it looks like the old discord only has people playing Apex.

There are some goons that still play but not a lot of posting for squads in the discord. I play with a pretty set group of friends and never post on the discord for games.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Mae posted:

Your micronutrients and if you need to poop we’re my faves

Were you able to poop and take a spear and dip it in said poop to poison and make other players sick with infection? If so GOTY.

And yeah I play duos and squads mainly with friends a few nights out of the week. Usually TTP, duos for when we want to try and win, squads when we just want to have a good time gently caress around and somehow stumble onto a chicken dinner.

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?

Jiro posted:

Were you able to poop and take a spear and dip it in said poop to poison and make other players sick with infection? If so GOTY.

Nah. And the guys didn't even pull their pants down before they squatted, either.

BTW I'll just leave these here.

https://www.twitch.tv/chocotaco/clip/EsteemedToughSnoodRiPepperonis
https://www.twitch.tv/chocotaco/clip/AgreeableArbitraryRatBigBrother
https://www.twitch.tv/chocotaco/clip/SnappySeductiveBaconCorgiDerp

Hippie Hedgehog fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Apr 2, 2019

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

General Probe posted:

Pinged you the other discord server where goons still play this dead broken gay game.

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

I'm the greatest thing since World War III.

Soiled Meat
Post the discord invite link? Still want to get back into PUBG

edit - got it. thanks!

Canuckistan fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Apr 3, 2019

aqu
Aug 1, 2006

But Mooooooooom
Could you send it to me, too? I would love to play with goons again.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Just post the link in the thread

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat
Thanks for the invite to the discord, playing some games rn with goons and it's still good.

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?
Thanks to the player who killed me and then told me my mic was hot.
gently caress you to Bluehole who keep resetting the mic setting to "open" with seemingly every patch.

Luckily I've had my mic disconnected until tonight, or these last 20 games or so would have gone even worse...

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe

Hippie Hedgehog posted:

gently caress you to Bluehole who keep resetting the mic setting to "open" with seemingly every patch.

Luckily I've had my mic disconnected until tonight, or these last 20 games or so would have gone even worse...

Default keys ctrl+y cycles between off, teamonly and all

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb

Hippie Hedgehog posted:

Sooooo many players have hot mics and don't know it, and it is always hilarious to mess with them

JadaX
Nov 25, 2008
Could I get an inv to the goon discord as well, thanks.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Star Man posted:

Just post the link in the thread

That's how you get weedbaby joining your discord tho

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Herstory Begins Now posted:

That's how you get weedbaby joining your discord tho

oic

Well, I too would like to join and I can be reached by PM on SA or on Discord at Star Man#4508

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?

Willfrey posted:

Default keys ctrl+y cycles between off, teamonly and all

No, the setting for "Open" vs "Push to Talk" is hidden way over in Settings - > Audio somewhere.
I could play with voice on the wrong channel, or even muted (CTRL-T), but then I wouldn't hear teammates or other teams, so that kind of unhelpful.

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009
Can I get a discord invite to play this terrible yet fun game? PMs or mastercoo#0142 on discord

JadaX
Nov 25, 2008
I started playing pubg after a 6-7 month gap, and can't remember what the goon discord was (the one linked in OP is basically dead at this point, or just seems like it).

Any Asian time-zone goons?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hippie Hedgehog posted:

That reminds me of a duo whose downed player kept talking about my location and started narrating what the other player should do at which point I'm like, thank you for the closed caption.