Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Morkfang
Dec 9, 2009

I'm awesome.
:smug:

RoadCrewWorker posted:

I've bought like 3 things from ticker total when i needed to gild some kitgungs while i visit the others a dozen times per day but i still listed him as my favorite trader. Because he is.

Her. Stop misgendering virtual space pixel characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
like i said ive seen her thrice and that was months ago and i was already corrected over it, calm down :smith:

Anyway it's super nice that equis relics are in extremely easily accessible bounty drop tables, i picked up 30+ from like 90 minutes of fortuna pubbing without having to burn my entire standing stock on relic packs. :toot:

RoadCrewWorker fucked around with this message at 09:09 on Apr 3, 2019

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
I finally understand everything there is to know about axes!
At least until the have the next unvaulting, and those relics overwrite the bounty relics.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
I was reading the Kotaku Anthem article: https://kotaku.com/how-biowares-anthem-went-wrong-1833731964

I was constantly thinking about similarities to Warframe, but it never comes up (there even is a complaint about how cold Canada is). After the Mogamu interview(s) you can also see the stark differences, too, so I guess its exclusion is warranted.

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp

Goa Tse-tung posted:

I was reading the Kotaku Anthem article: https://kotaku.com/how-biowares-anthem-went-wrong-1833731964

I was constantly thinking about similarities to Warframe, but it never comes up (there even is a complaint about how cold Canada is). After the Mogamu interview(s) you can also see the stark differences, too, so I guess its exclusion is warranted.

Nah, Warframe is mentioned once in the article:

Jason Schreier posted:

And there was pressure from the competition, as The Division 2 was announced, Destiny 2 continued to improve, and other loot shooters like Warframe just kept getting better.

But yeah nothing in-depth.

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

Would I be correct in thinking I'd be better off potatoing my Rattleguts rather than my Akjagara prime for my hitscan viral/slash needs?

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)

Mailer posted:

It's also the weirdest attempt at balance I've ever seen. If you're not in the 4k+ riven bracket then their balancing does nothing and the tier list never changes. The bulk of the playerbase is unaffected and their favorite lovely gun is still lovely. If you are deep in the high end riven hole then potentially you've lost tens of thousands of plat with every light touch DE makes.

I'm not quite sure who they're trying to cater to.

The "veterans". The entire riven system is an endless grind for a chance at the slot machine. If they removed every single riven tomorrow, the game would still play the same. It's a shallow way to appease the grind addicts. I also wouldn't be surprised if they were also using it to learn what stats are actually beneficial to weapons. Like, let the player base pick which stat they like.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
The game would be totally different tomorrow if they removed all rivens because I wouldn't have my portable minigun, the Supra Vandal, with a +120% rate of fire mod, among other things.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Goa Tse-tung posted:

that article is really great research into labor and production practices, it's a great read if you want some more casual than academic level insight into that stuff

The article didn't really focus on the experience of the game, which is fine, but it's really amazing to me that current state Destiny 2 is considered good. It's incredibly dull and unfun. I put in about 80 hours before I realized that it was effectively a blander version of playing Vor's Prize over and over for 80 hours.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Bug Squash posted:

Would I be correct in thinking I'd be better off potatoing my Rattleguts rather than my Akjagara prime for my hitscan viral/slash needs?

They’re both fun and good and fairly different from each other, however kitguns are generally considered first in class. Do what’s fun though.

Antillie
Mar 14, 2015

So I spent money and got the Stradavar Prime and Tipedo Prime because I am a sperg. Here is what I think of them after running them both through their paces in a totally not scientific way.

I feel that that the Tipedo Prime is the better of the two when you compare them both to their peers. It does a crit/status hybrid build very well and it even does condition overload very well in such a setup. I had no problems tearing things apart with it in ESO or sorties. In a nutshell its a Tipedo that swings slightly slower but hits harder, crits more often, crits harder, and inflicts status more often. I have no math to back this up but I feel its a reasonable alternative to the Galatine Prime or Gram Prime on the "slow but hits hard vs fast but doesn't hit as hard" sliding scale of melee weapons with the Gram Prime being the slow end, the Tipedo Prime being the fast end, and the Galatine Prime being in the middle.

My build for it was: Flailing Branch, Drifting Contact, Berserker, Pressure Point, Blood Rush, True Steel, Condition Overload, Virulent Scourge, and Voltaic Strike.

The Stradavar Prime feels a lot like the Soma Prime to me. The clip is smaller but it reloads faster. It doesn't fire nearly as fast but each bullet hits much harder. So it feels like a side grade vs the Soma Prime. It also does crit very well and status reasonably well and its physical damage is fairly balanced. A crit/status build with viral damage and hunter munitions works very well, just like on the Soma Prime. But any crit/status build will perform. It handles well and gets the job done in much the same way the Soma Prime does. And I think that is the Stradavar Prime's biggest problem. It's just a Soma Prime that trades clip size and rate of fire for damage and reload speed. So its a good gun, but not an amazing gun. It doesn't stand out for me. I should also note that I was not able to find any real difference in accuracy when switching between hip fire and aiming. (Unlike the base Stradavar which actually has an accuracy penalty when aiming.)

Now yes the Stradavar Prime has a semi auto mode, but semi auto's are not generally all that great. Even then it feels like a side grade from the Tiberon Prime trading rate of fire and status chance for damage and crit chance. On the other hand, if you have always wanted to carry around both a Soma Prime and a semi auto Tiberon Prime at the same time them the Stradavar Prime may be the gun you have always wanted.

TLDR; The Tipedo Prime is a top tier weapon while the Stradavar Prime is good but not amazing.

Antillie fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Apr 3, 2019

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Jobbo_Fett posted:

The game would be totally different tomorrow if they removed all rivens because I wouldn't have my portable minigun, the Supra Vandal, with a +120% rate of fire mod, among other things.

Game needs an actual spinnygun imo. Imperator vandal feels a bit like one I guess.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Pipski posted:

Game needs an actual spinnygun imo. Imperator vandal feels a bit like one I guess.

Grattler is a good imprompty minigun

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Tenora spins a lot.

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

clone on the phone posted:

They’re both fun and good and fairly different from each other, however kitguns are generally considered first in class. Do what’s fun though.

Potatoed the Akjagara since I was Heming and Hawing about whether I had the best possible Rattleguts (I'll probably potato it next).

Trip report: Akjagara rips some fairly substantial amount of rear end and is a ton of fun.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Akjagara Prime is awesome since you can build it as a hybrid crit/status gun with an IPS balanced heavily towards slash. If you put Maim on it to load the status dice, you'll constantly pop these wild slash status procs that stack tons of DoT.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

My new favorite thing to do is play sorties with a Rants Dark dagger and see how fast I can max out my overshields.

Spoilermode spoiler

It's kind odd that you get spoilermode in war within, but it sucks until you visit the quills, who given you an amp and a permanent health upgrade

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Antillie posted:

I should also note that I was not able to find any real difference in accuracy when switching between hip fire and aiming.

I don't believe any weapon in Warframe does this, and thank god, because it's one of the worst things that happened to FPS games post-2004.

(Sniper rifles get other bonuses, mostly damage-related, when zoomed in but that's not nearly as bad as changes to handling, plus they're a special case for obvious reasons.)

Antillie posted:

Now yes the Stradavar Prime has a semi auto mode, but semi auto's are not generally all that great.

Semi-auto modes are usually the best DPS of guns with multiple fire modes. (To my frustration!) I know for a fact it's the case with the Tiberon Prime, and I would be surprised if it weren't also true of the Stradavar.

Tuxedo Catfish fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Apr 3, 2019

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

SardonicTyrant posted:

My new favorite thing to do is play sorties with a Rants Dark dagger and see how fast I can max out my overshields.

Spoilermode spoiler

It's kind odd that you get spoilermode in war within, but it sucks until you visit the quills, who given you an amp and a permanent health upgrade

the lovely chest laser mode was the only version for a while. the upside was that you could get substantial energy regen for the rest of the mission after using it once, which was nice. the downside was that you had to wait for the initial charge, instead of having it available on demand like energizing dash.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Apr 3, 2019

Antillie
Mar 14, 2015

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

I don't believe any weapon in Warframe does this, and thank god, because it's one of the worst things that happened to FPS games post-2004.

I agree. I only mentioned it because the baseline Stradavar is supposedly less accurate when aiming and more accurate when hip firing.

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Semi-auto modes are pretty consistently the best DPS of guns with multiple fire modes. (To my frustration!) I know for a fact it's the case with the Tiberon Prime, and I would be surprised if it weren't also true of the Stradavar.

Yeah but my god the perfect click spamming required to actually get that DPS. Semi auto guns that aren't sniper rifles or bows and semi auto modes can go gently caress themselves as far as I'm concerned. Although I'm sure someone likes them. I love the Tiberon Prime as a burst fire weapon though. For full auto I like the Battacor with speed trigger, not optimal for DPS but I like the way it handles with the extra fire rate.

Antillie fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Apr 3, 2019

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Antillie posted:

Yeah but my god the perfect click spamming required to actually get that DPS. Semi auto guns that aren't sniper rifles or bows and semi auto modes can go gently caress themselves as far as I'm concerned. Although I'm sure someone likes them. I love the Tiberon Prime as a burst fire weapon though. For full auto I like the Battacor with speed trigger, not optimal for DPS but I like the way it handles with the extra fire rate.

Get an autofire macro. It's not cheating, it's literally protecting your physical health against a stupid game mechanic.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Most of my favorite weapons are one click per shot, but I'd rather that one click be between 1 and 10 deaths with AOE or sniper damage, rather not spam click the same guy with one measly bullet.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i just don't have the reflexes to pop individual heads which are concealed behind waves of neon vomit. there's no real benefit to doing so, either.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i just don't have the reflexes to pop individual heads which are concealed behind waves of neon vomit. there's no real benefit to doing so, either.

:same:

If it doesn't do some sort of area damage, its hard for me to use.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram
People talking about Khora up thread made me look up how to get that frame. Oh wow, sanctuary onslaught. Didn't know that was a thing. Got a systems and main bp. Hopefully the rest won't be too difficult.

Also, ignis wraith. Monster gun. I whaled it up and bought a kitgun, rattleguts, haymaker, and killstream. It's fun with some ROF mods on there.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the rng can be very unkind when farming khora, but nos is something you'll do a bunch of anyway. everyone needs to level frames some time.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice
Hardest part is getting groups that stick around to wave 8, if you still need the rotation C pieces.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
I have ivara and Octavia, nidus, and harrow, all the super grind frames, and khora was the worst one for me

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

the rng can be very unkind when farming khora, but nos is something you'll do a bunch of anyway. everyone needs to level frames some time.

yeah nos is pretty good for leveling frames, eos is extremely good for leveling weapons and/or focus

ughhhh
Oct 17, 2012

Hobold posted:

Hardest part is getting groups that stick around to wave 8, if you still need the rotation C pieces.

It's good right now even with pubbies since everyone wants the equinox relics.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Hobold posted:

i ended up just going in with saryn and soloing my way to 8 if necessary.

rotaryfun
Jun 30, 2008

you can be my wingman anytime
Can someone explain how Prime Vault works for me because now I'm confused.

I got Akstiletto Prime blueprint from a relic the other day but was told that I should hold on to it since it's a vaulted prime.
https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Akstiletto_Prime - confirms it's vaulted

So my understanding of Prime Vault is that you can no longer receive any of the items as a reward from any activity if it's vaulted. So how did I end up with the blueprint?

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

rotaryfun posted:

I got Akstiletto Prime blueprint from a relic the other day but was told that I should hold on to it since it's a vaulted prime.

So my understanding of Prime Vault is that you can no longer receive any of the items as a reward from any activity if it's vaulted. So how did I end up with the blueprint?

Basically only relics get vaulted, not their items. So if a prime warframe/weapon is vaulted, it only means you cannot get their relics via activities anymore, you can still trade for them. The relics still drop whatever they have listed.

Malkof
Oct 13, 2001

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.

Moral_Hazard posted:

People talking about Khora up thread made me look up how to get that frame. Oh wow, sanctuary onslaught. Didn't know that was a thing. Got a systems and main bp. Hopefully the rest won't be too difficult.

Grab some frames to level up, helps battle the crushing disappointment when the khora bits don't drop, or if you're weird like me and feel the need to maximise your time AT ALL TIMES.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Blhue posted:

I have ivara and Octavia, nidus, and harrow, all the super grind frames, and khora was the worst one for me

Khora is the only frame I don't have mastered, she's baking now but the only worse ones for me were Equinox and Ash Prime (I believe I did over 40 T4Ds, many of them for multiple rotations).

ughhhh
Oct 17, 2012

rotaryfun posted:

You might have gotten the relic when it wasn't vaulted. You can still crack vaulted relics and get vaulted parts.

rotaryfun
Jun 30, 2008

you can be my wingman anytime

Seditiar posted:

Basically only relics get vaulted, not their items. So if a prime warframe/weapon is vaulted, it only means you cannot get their relics via activities anymore, you can still trade for them. The relics still drop whatever they have listed.

Ooooh so if I have a ton of relics that could drop an item of a vaulted prime, they are still viable drops from the relic. The relic drop table itself doesn't actually change.

EDIT: thank you. makes sense.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

rotaryfun posted:

Ooooh so if I have a ton of relics that could drop an item of a vaulted prime, they are still viable drops from the relic. The relic drop table itself doesn't actually change.

EDIT: thank you. makes sense.

Also if someone else brings one of those relics into a fissure, you can choose that reward (yet another reason why playing with <4 people in a fissure is throwing your relics down a hole). I've found a surprising amount of people throwing around old relics in public games - in fact just the other day I got the expensive piece of Saryn Prime from one, and I got a Helios Prime part yesterday.

Sesquiculus
Aug 15, 2002

When can we expect the next prime vault access? I kind of want to throw some money DE's way and I've missed out on a bunch of frames over the years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice

Sesquiculus posted:

When can we expect the next prime vault access? I kind of want to throw some money DE's way and I've missed out on a bunch of frames over the years.

As far as anyone knew, they were going to open another one when they put frost/ember away, but didn't and have not said anything on the subject as far as I'm aware.

So no loving clue.