Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Please send this to Washington, D.C., immediately.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

Arya Stark knows what's up

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.
It's only been a week, but after my drafts went the way they did, seeing my team stumble out of the gate is like one of those games where you're a super powerful being in the opening scene, but something steals all your stuff and powers and you start at level 1.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Broken finger as per ESPN. Ugh

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's still okay that I went with him over Yelich seeing as Yelich is hitting around .100 with no homers.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I'm pretty pleased about Adalberto Mondesi so far. He was on a lot of "Avoid" draft lists because he was going early in drafts and his track record was one great quarter of a season where he also struck out 50 times and walked 9 times. But talent is talent, hope he keeps it up

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I can't wait to see how this turns to poo poo for me.

EDIT: I would not have guessed Nola.

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Apr 3, 2019

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

freddy peralta :eyepop:

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
Willians Astudillo should be playing every day.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

coronaball posted:

Willians Astudillo should be playing every day.

Agreed. I wish I had drafted him instead of Mejia.

Mollymauk
Apr 20, 2006
This trade is pending in my league:
Guy A: Receives Gleyber Torres and Sean Doolittle
Guy B: Receives Mookie Betts and Marcus Semien.

I made a post basically saying what the hell is this trade and the commissioner said he would put the trade to a vote in the league. Guy A was upset about this. I clarified that I wasn't trying to stop the trade and as long as there is no collusion then it's on the rest of us for not trying to fleece this guy first.

But seriously is this just hardcore NY homerism or does this seem fishy?

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yeah that's a bad trade. :stare:

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

I saw Acuna traded for Strasburg earlier. Come on man

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Those are bad trades but unless it’s collusion they should go through.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
I just traded Cody Bellinger for Tatis jr and Paddack in our Dynasty Lite league.

Is there some German word for terrified and elated? Elatified?

(This could really go any way. If Bellinger actually can hit LHP, as his HR off Bum last night shows, he could be an MVP caliber player.)

Mollymauk
Apr 20, 2006

Bregor posted:

Those are bad trades but unless it’s collusion they should go through.

I agree and said basically that to the league, just wanted to make sure I wasn't out of line saying that one guy is getting ripped off.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

I woke up to an offer in my Trout league (a yahoo Winner's league) this morning, and mashed.

Gave: Greg Holland

Got: Eddie Rosario and Mychal Givens

Bregor
May 31, 2013

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

I woke up to an offer in my Trout league (a yahoo Winner's league) this morning, and mashed.

Gave: Greg Holland

Got: Eddie Rosario and Mychal Givens

Why does this never happen to me. Love Rosario this year

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
I have Matt Boyd, and benched him today against the Yankees. gently caress.

e: And in a league that has QS and K/9 as categories too

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Can I drop David Robertson? Is he still the favorite for saves ROS?

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Mikolas wake up buddy

Bregor
May 31, 2013

The Pussy Boss posted:

Can I drop David Robertson? Is he still the favorite for saves ROS?

I snagged Seranthony in drafts in three leagues (one is Sv+Hld) but I think Robertson is still worth a roster spot until it clears up.

Unless they sign Kimbrel overnight...

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

lol someone just offered me corbin for mondesi in my obp and qs league

not a loving chance, jackass

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Abel Wingnut posted:

lol someone just offered me corbin for mondesi in my obp and qs league

not a loving chance, jackass

That’s not a terrible offer? Reliable SPs are pretty hard to trade for in my experience.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Bregor posted:

That’s not a terrible offer? Reliable SPs are pretty hard to trade for in my experience.

Yeah, but that UCL strain today though...

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Simpsons Reference posted:

Yeah, but that UCL strain today though...

Do what now? Anibal pitched today?

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

April fo- oh

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Please do not troll, in the fantasy base ball thread :colbert:

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Not that I own any shares of Corbin, he was insanely overdrafted in the leagues I'm in

Bregor
May 31, 2013

:smith:

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Bregor posted:

it is a bad offer.

corbin succeeded last year because, yes, he retooled his repertoire and went extreme on his slider--that's great. but that wasn't everything. i believe the real reason he went insane is that drat humidor in arizona. him moving to a not so friendly park, and the revamped nl east (there are some serious offenses there now), and just regression in general, means some significant walk back in those numbers.

on the other side, you have mondesi, who has first round upside. he does look improved at the plate, and obviously the power and speed are real and he has carte blanche on the basepaths.

so i'd be trading a potential first rounder for a guy you could probably get in the 10th-12th. it's a no-brainer to take a chance on the guy with the immense upside.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET

mentholmoose posted:

I have Matt Boyd, and benched him today against the Yankees. gently caress.

e: And in a league that has QS and K/9 as categories too

:rip: I'd be leading in K's at the moment and ultra close on K/9. Had a semi-realistic shot at winning every category this week but it seems unlikely now.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
I still have 0 saves.

gently caress relief pitching.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

on another note, espn's new site is beyond trash. they gotta get this nonsense fixed soon. boyd's performance isn't even showing up for me, no active stats pages, the fantasycast doesn't work after 5min, and even when it does the layout makes zero sense

just atrocious

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Abel Wingnut posted:

on another note, espn's new site is beyond trash. they gotta get this nonsense fixed soon. boyd's performance isn't even showing up for me, no active stats pages, the fantasycast doesn't work after 5min, and even when it does the layout makes zero sense

just atrocious

When I was following the Twins game at work yesterday they didn't have any pitcher data for the Twins while Gibson was in the game lol

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

Abel Wingnut posted:

just atrocious

its so baaaaaaad.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

mentholmoose posted:

:rip: I'd be leading in K's at the moment and ultra close on K/9. Had a semi-realistic shot at winning every category this week but it seems unlikely now.

Hey regarding using K/9 in weekly-scoring leagues, do you find it tilts the scales towards high end RPs? Our commish wanted to do it because people complained that aces weren't being valued enough but I feel like K/9 in such a small sample size would just devalue them more.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

Inspector_666 posted:

Hey regarding using K/9 in weekly-scoring leagues, do you find it tilts the scales towards high end RPs? Our commish wanted to do it because people complained that aces weren't being valued enough but I feel like K/9 in such a small sample size would just devalue them more.

One of my leagues does this and I find it is kind of easy to game by keeping my IPs down...there are a lot of RPs out there with 10+k/9. If you want to value starters higher, you have to use straight Ks.

My platonic ideal of pitching categories are IPs, ERA, WHIP, and K/9. I think that values SPs and RPs fairly while using actual meaningful pitching metrics instead of silly things like wins and saves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

bewbies posted:

One of my leagues does this and I find it is kind of easy to game by keeping my IPs down...there are a lot of RPs out there with 10+k/9. If you want to value starters higher, you have to use straight Ks.

Ok, that was my argument against the change and I just wanted to make sure I wasn't being crazy. It ended up not even going to a vote because of my case.