Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sex Tragedy
Jan 28, 2007

father of three with an extra large butt
There are also many people working their asses off as we speak, creating robotic arms controlled with the mind, and other such things. Protest for more government funding of this technology if you actually give a poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Sex Tragedy posted:

There are also many people working their asses off as we speak, creating robotic arms controlled with the mind, and other such things. Protest for more government funding of this technology if you actually give a poo poo.

it's article writers getting mad at "get gud" comments and nothing else

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Are you surprised at my tears, Riku? Strong men also cry... strong men also cry.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

i love it when people conflate difficulty with accessibility, as if tons of disabled people aren't much better at these 'hard' games as able bodied and minded people, or enjoy the difficulty or w/e

people should take their outrage and point it toward idk more accessible controllers or general options being introduced and standardized instead of whining about difficulty modes

Sex Tragedy
Jan 28, 2007

father of three with an extra large butt

esperterra posted:

i love it when people conflate difficulty with accessibility, as if tons of disabled people aren't much better at these 'hard' games as able bodied and minded people, or enjoy the difficulty or w/e

people should take their outrage and point it toward idk more accessible controllers or general options being introduced and standardized instead of whining about difficulty modes

Sex Tragedy posted:

The insomniacs already got owned by this epic gamer's vid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tso8u4OJLuI

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

that owns

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Huh. Game journalists are complete retards who have no idea what their talking about. Wow.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

not entirely related, but there's also a blind dude who loves the oddworld games b/c the sound design in them is so good he could learn to beat them from mostly that alone

it's real cool !!

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Wormskull posted:

Huh. Game journalists are complete retards who have no idea what their talking about. Wow.

https://twitter.com/pcgamesn/status/1113449595701485571

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The coolest disabled gamer is my boy NoHandsMan who is paralyzed from the neck down and plays with his him and a stick in his mouth and is better at Starcraft 2 than anyone in this forum and could probably whoop brads rear end.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

I found the Sekiro article. It's cool how he complains about gatekeeping and compares people who play games on easy to the mentally challenged and then spends a paragraph bragging about his Dark Souls talent.

lmao its so revealing when they cry foul and then infantalize people with disabilities

Wormskull posted:

The coolest disabled gamer is my boy NoHandsMan who is paralyzed from the neck down and plays with his him and a stick in his mouth and is better at Starcraft 2 than anyone in this forum and could probably whoop brads rear end.

this guy is amazing. he is playing starcraft 2 with his loving mouth at master rank last i checked

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

"every game needs a baby mode" also admits unawareness of how important difficulty is for these games

its like saying "there should be a mode for wii sports where you just push a button and it does the thing" with a straight face, overlooking how boring that would be

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

truly, china don't care

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Wormskull posted:

As lovely as League of Legends is, there was a really awesome dude playing at a high level with just his feet.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

going to read the patty k articel and then debate it on these very forums

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Are you surprised at my tears, Riku? Strong men also cry... strong men also cry.

Wormskull posted:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

trying to jack off posted:

going to read the patty k articel and then debate it on these very forums

Debate it with some CSGO aussies.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

me after 100000 years of only communicating w/ the words oof and yikes: Nice, uh, fuckin.. gatekeeping! *all the allies roaring, cheering, carrying me through resetera on their shoulders*

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Wormskull posted:

Debate it with some CSGO aussies.

im too scared. i dont want to be called the gay f word or other gendered slurs

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

HolePisser1982 posted:

me after 100000 years of only communicating w/ the words oof and yikes: Nice, uh, fuckin.. gatekeeping! *all the allies roaring, cheering, carrying me through resetera on their shoulders*

lol

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

Fluffdaddy posted:

As lovely as League of Legends is, there was a really awesome dude playing at a high level with just his feet.

sounds hot

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

101 posted:

sounds hot

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

its actually really infantalizing to listen to people who ask for accessibility options, as a true ally I understand they can just figure it out just like this guy on YouTube

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

mysterious loyall X posted:

Broly sucks rear end

Found this post while looking through Tender Benders post history and I just wanted to say WTF.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Tender Bender posted:

its actually really infantalizing to listen to people who ask for accessibility options, as a true ally I understand they can just figure it out just like this guy on YouTube

blatant troll, i shant be engaging

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

je1 healthcare
Sep 29, 2015
I remember all the toxic gatekeeping and backlash when Xbox announced their adaptive controllers.

Wait no I don't

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Tender Bender posted:

Yeah if there's one thing disabled people love it's being treated like a retarded baby, lmao you clearly have no loving idea what you're talking about. Go pat yourself on the back for being such a Good Duder at resetera while I listen to and respect the ppl I know irl with these issues. Savior complex piece of poo poo. 😂😂😂

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Yeah if there's one thing disabled people love it's being treated like a retarded baby, lmao you clearly have no loving idea what you're talking about. Go pat yourself on the back for being such a Good Duder at resetera while I listen to and respect the ppl I know irl with these issues. Savior complex piece of poo poo. 😂😂😂

The whole conversation around difficulty and accessibility came about because of people with those issues, but sure pretend that you're just being deeply respectful of people you know irl by fighting virtue signaling sjw's or whatever. They're lucky to have you to protect them from seeing an easy mode in some video games

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

A bigger and easier thing a lot of games should have as standard are visibility and auditory options in menus etc

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Tender Bender posted:

The whole conversation around difficulty and accessibility came about because of people with those issues, but sure pretend that you're just being deeply respectful of people you know irl by fighting virtue signaling sjw's or whatever. They're lucky to have you to protect them from seeing an easy mode in some video games

Kinda hosed up to talk about Patrick like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Tender Bender posted:

It absolutely didn't come about from disabled people since they were too busy playing Sekiro to complain about it online. Journalists are bad at games and this conversation comes up literally every time a souls game comes out, which is interesting since plenty of tough games never catch their pants on fire quite like it. Dead Cells won awards just a few months ago and that conversation never came up. You're straight up wrong and an rear end in a top hat to boot, but stay woke king. 👌😂