Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

“Removing the cylinder” is a lot like the defusing scenes from The Rock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
It's definitely not The Rock. I thought Octopussy might have been it when I saw the scene of them arming the bomb but Bond just pulls it apart in a couple of seconds - this was definitely slower and it buzzed when the core got near the sides.

It could well have been a Bond film, though searching for "Bond disarms bomb" only gets me Octopussy and Goldfinger and I'm pretty sure there has to be more than just those two.

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010

Pilchenstein posted:

Someone is defusing a bomb by pulling something out of it and it's basically Operation - they have to not let the thing they're taking out touch the sides. I have no idea why I remembered this suddenly. I think the part they're removing is a cylinder, if that helps. :v:

Your description sounded familiar to me, but it took me a while to figure out where from. I was thinking along the lines of some 90s blockbuster, but in my case, it definitely was Octopussy. In any case, Juggernaut with Richard Harris is a pretty great bomb defusal movie that's also worth watching.

Edit:

Pilchenstein posted:

I thought Octopussy might have been it when I saw the scene of them arming the bomb but Bond just pulls it apart in a couple of seconds - this was definitely slower and it buzzed when the core got near the sides.

Ok, this is getting to me. I'm pretty sure I've seen this. Compared to Octopussy, the detonator, or whatever part the hero is pulling out is a longer silver tube, so you definitely get the impression that it's a heavy strain to pull it out and keep it balanced, right? I'm not sure, but the bomb might be on a moving vehicle (train ship, plane) to add even more tension. I'm 99% sure the movie post-dates Octopussy and is inspired by it, and I'm fairly certain it's from the mid-late 90s or no later than the early oughts. I'm thinking it's some off-brand Bond/Clancy techno-thriller, like Death Train, The Peacemaker, Speed 2 or Under Siege.

Hannibal Rex fucked around with this message at 11:48 on Mar 29, 2019

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Hannibal Rex posted:

Ok, this is getting to me. I'm pretty sure I've seen this. Compared to Octopussy, the detonator, or whatever part the hero is pulling out is a longer silver tube, so you definitely get the impression that it's a heavy strain to pull it out and keep it balanced, right? I'm not sure, but the bomb might be on a moving vehicle (train ship, plane) to add even more tension.
Yeah, exactly this. I thought maybe it happens on the supertanker in Spy Who Loved Me but I can't find the scene following this one lol:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWOhH4eI7vs
I think my mam has all the Bond films on dvd so I might have to go borrow this one to check. :v:

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
gently caress, I know this one, it’s on the tip of my tongue. I think they actually say the collar of the bomb is magnetic which is why the cylinder keeps moving toward the edge.

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

Torquemada posted:

gently caress, I know this one, it’s on the tip of my tongue. I think they actually say the collar of the bomb is magnetic which is why the cylinder keeps moving toward the edge.

I also think this definitely Octopussy, the clip may have been shortened. Or possibly there's an earlier scene where Bond is shown how to do it?

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Close. The Spy Who Loved Me. Can't find a clip, but he needs to get through an armored door and the only explosive big enough is the HE section from a Polaris missile, but if he touches it to the side of the missile while extracting it it'll explode.

Here's from the script:

Bond: Blast!

Dude #1: What's the problem?

Bond: I mustn't touch the impulse conductor circuit.

Dude #2: This ring houses the impulse conductor circuit.

Bond: It's magnetic. I mustn't touch it with any part of the detonator.

Dude #1 What happens if you do?

Bond: It'll go off.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

re: Bomb talk.

Could it possibly the Justice League episode "Wild Cards"?

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Phanatic posted:

Close. The Spy Who Loved Me. Can't find a clip, but he needs to get through an armored door and the only explosive big enough is the HE section from a Polaris missile, but if he touches it to the side of the missile while extracting it it'll explode.
You're spot on mate. I went and borrowed the dvd, so in case anyone isn't convinced:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emlSzZid90I
Absolutely loving the exaggerated nervous gulp that one guy does for comic effect. :v:

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010

Phanatic posted:

Close. The Spy Who Loved Me.

Huh. That's certainly what I was thinking off. Didn't expect them to have such similar scenes across two Roger Moore Bonds.

MachineryNoise
Jan 13, 2008

So I shout "Set your life on fire!"
Does anyone recognize what movie this Enzo Sciotti piece could be for?

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

MachineryNoise posted:

Sciotti is so prolific, this is gonna be tough. He's done art for pretty much everything, movies, books, albums, fumetto erotica and action comics, advertisements, etc, so it may be from a book.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

Phanatic posted:

Here's from the script:

Bond: Blast!

Dude #1: What's the problem?

Bond: I mustn't touch the impulse conductor circuit.

Dude #2: This ring houses the impulse conductor circuit.

Bond: It's magnetic. I mustn't touch it with any part of the detonator.

Dude #1 What happens if you do?

Bond: It'll go off.

Also that guy died yesterday, weirdly enough.

MachineryNoise
Jan 13, 2008

Origami Dali posted:

Sciotti is so prolific, this is gonna be tough. He's done art for pretty much everything, movies, books, albums, fumetto erotica and action comics, advertisements, etc, so it may be from a book.

Yeah, I found a list of comic book covers he drew and didn't see it, but it could be from another book.
https://comicvine.gamespot.com/enzo-sciotti/4040-83932/

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

MachineryNoise posted:

Am I insane or does the woman on the right look like Sean Young? Maybe that's a lead, if the legendary goon face-blindness isn't an issue here.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Pastry of the Year posted:

Am I insane or does the woman on the right look like Sean Young? Maybe that's a lead, if the legendary goon face-blindness isn't an issue here.

Actually, I find the woman in the middle looks more like Sean Young, but I DO see a resemblance with the other one. And a tiny bit of Anne Hatheway.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
The guy on the left is pretty clearly based on Christopher Lee in my eyes.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side
I thought it was Geena Davis and the guy looked like a generic 70s cop movie dirtbag... and while researching the latter my mind was blown when I discovered they guy who played Scorpio in in Dirty Harry (Andrew Robinson) was Garak in DS9. It clearly isn't him, he's got a pretty distinctive face, but it just reminded me of one of those movies.

If it's a book cover the people on it could easily be based an amalgam of various actors, which would explain why everyone is seeing hints of different people.

Gravy Jones fucked around with this message at 14:06 on Apr 2, 2019

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

feedmyleg posted:

The guy on the left is pretty clearly based on Christopher Lee in my eyes.

definitely

gey muckle mowser fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Apr 2, 2019

MachineryNoise
Jan 13, 2008

Pastry of the Year posted:

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Actually, I find the woman in the middle looks more like Sean Young, but I DO see a resemblance with the other one. And a tiny bit of Anne Hatheway.

It turns out you're both right! Sean Young is both of those women, and the man is Edward James Olmos. Thanks to you guys, I took a look through Young's filmography and figured out the poster's movie: an obscure 90s thriller called Mirage.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0113827/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBQ41XeJON8

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

MachineryNoise posted:

It turns out you're both right! Sean Young is both of those women, and the man is Edward James Olmos. Thanks to you guys, I took a look through Young's filmography and figured out the poster's movie: an obscure 90s thriller called Mirage.

Ha, holy poo poo, I was going to add to my post, kind of like a 'huh, what about this?' that the dude looked like Olmos. Neat!

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Post from a friend of mine on FB:

quote:

I need help, y'all.

Kid said they watched a movie in music class today and I am trying to figure out what the hell it is.

The details I have so far, per the boy:

1) It starts with three dudes talking.
2) There is a scene where there's a king (?) and a bunch of women in different color dresses.
3) There is a scene (that was very disturbing to the group of 3rd graders) where a man and woman "went under a sheet and then they got a baby."
4) There is an evil witch who shows up and brags about how she is not supposed to be there.
5) It's live-action.
6) Even though they watched it in music, kid says there were no songs.

PLEASE HELP IT'S DRIVING ME BANANAS.

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
Yeah I'm curious too but why not just ask the teacher

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

s.i.r.e. posted:

No one responded to this in the Horror thread so I'll ask here:

Need some goon help with a film again, came out a couple years back and I think I posted about it and maybe even asked about it after (having forgotten the name). I can't remember. Anyway, the premise is a mother and son move into a new house and spooky poo poo starts happening as par for the course. I think it comes to the point where someone breaks in to rob or kill them and the creepy haunts start happening to them. But the twist is the mother and son are aliens/otherworldly being and that the hauntings are their powers at play. I think the son might not be fully in control of his or something. I remember at the end they move and the mother goes "Hopefully this next house won't be that bad." as they drive by a sign that says "Welcome to Amityville." I remember the film taking place around a lot of pine trees, definitely some north west small down type deal.

I remember being kinda lukewarm about the film but I liked the premise since it explained the haunts in a way I never saw before. I want to watch it again but all my searches come up empty, I'm curious if I'll enjoy the film more now.

Still trying to find this.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

MachineryNoise posted:

i can see why they didn't use this

and instead went with this

:shuckyes:

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

s.i.r.e. posted:

Gotta be one of the Amityville installments: http://oh-the-horror.com/page.php?id=1969

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

Post from a friend of mine on FB:

Excalibur?

e: it’s almost definitely this. They probably watched it in music because it features Carmina Burana.

Torquemada fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Apr 3, 2019

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Torquemada posted:

Excalibur?

e: it’s almost definitely this. They probably watched it in music because it features Carmina Burana.

Thanks! I've passed that along, hoping to hear back confirming it.

moller
Jan 10, 2007

Swan stole my music and framed me!

Torquemada posted:

Excalibur?

Oh, you know, just showing the nine year olds two and a half hours of completely crackers Boorman. Yeah, the one after Zardoz and Exorcist II. You know, for the kids.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

moller posted:

Oh, you know, just showing the nine year olds two and a half hours of completely crackers Boorman. Yeah, the one after Zardoz and Exorcist II. You know, for the kids.

Helen Mirren is drat delicious, it’s never too early to learn that.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

s.i.r.e. posted:

Did some googling and I’m pretty sure it’s this movie The Unspoken from 2015... the quotes page has the Amityville thing as the mother’s last line

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4229298/

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Andorra posted:

Yeah I'm curious too but why not just ask the teacher

quote:

Update: I asked the teacher and she was not helpful. She said they were watching parts of Willy Wonka and The Wizard of Oz, but he would have known those.

I advised her to show the kid a clip from YouTube and ask him if he saw it.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

The mystery continues... I had her show this clip to her son, but he said this wasn't in the movie he saw:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XTa-xigZEg

She then followed up with this:

quote:

All right, got a few more details. The women did not have different color dresses, they had different color skin. Blue, pink, purple, etc. And, when the witch shows up, she has green skin. Also, at the beginning when the three dudes are talking, the next scene is one of the dudes telling a story about what happened to him.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Torquemada posted:

Helen Mirren is drat delicious, it’s never too early to learn that.

Ok, so I knew that she is still hot (she is!), but I just looked her up in this movie and holy loving gently caress :swoon:

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Ok, so I knew that she is still hot (she is!), but I just looked her up in this movie and holy loving gently caress :swoon:

You should watch Age of Consent.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
Or The Cook, the Thief, His Wife, & Her Lover

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

FitFortDanga posted:

You should watch Age of Consent Caligula.

Don't actually watch Caligula.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Do for bit where they drive some crazy harvester over people who are buried up to their necks.

DorianGravy
Sep 12, 2007

I watched part of a cheesy fantasy movie a long time ago. It probably came out in the 70s or 80s, and the villain has one half of a magical gem and wants to get the other half because it will give him incredible power or something. He finally manages to get the other half from the hero, but when he tries to put the two pieces together, he realizes it's still incomplete, and melodramatically yells about there being a third piece. I believe there's a bit of awkward swordplay, including a scene where the hero jumps off a bookcase at the villain (but this move doesn't accomplish much).

The movie "Deathstalker III: Deathstalker and the Warriors from Hell" (which I just watched the MST3K episode of) had some similar elements, but I don't think that was it (but maybe it was?). I think The Dark Crystal has some similar elements as well, but the movie I remember definitely had real actors. Does this sound familiar to anyone?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
Looking for a movie i did not see, so descrption is all based on trailers. Movie came out some time in the last 5 years I want to say. Most of the movie takes place in a warehouse where a gun/drug deal is happening. Looks like someone trying to make a Tarantino esqe movie.