Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Bip Roberts posted:

manga carta?

the manga encarta

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

it’s what Billy Idol wants in the midnight hour

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

Drunkboxer posted:

magma charizard

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

That was a pretty kickass episode.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

ive never been more disgusted than i am to hear people call washing up liquid "soap"

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

soap is a hard bar that you use in conjunction with the boiling tap and freezing tap to wash all the nandos from under your fingernails

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
next they're going to say they don't call it hand wash

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Xsoap with X being the thing which is washed.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

there will be adequate frothy cleaning goo

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?
Don't get me started with "biscuits".

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

the hell cares

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Don't get your fanny in a twist

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Doctor Who is the *throws dart at lost of bad british things* marmite of television

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

What do americans say if they need to distinguish between the stuff they use to wash dishes and the stuff they use to wash themselves?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

the english all being born brain damaged would explain a lot of their silly "dialect" and brexit

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

marktheando posted:

What do americans say if they need to distinguish between the stuff they use to wash dishes and the stuff they use to wash themselves?

by putting the word dish in front of it

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group
Wouldn't this be the point where a Monarch steps in? Like, why keep her except for poo poo like this?

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

marktheando posted:

dish soap
hand soap
bar of soap

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

marktheando posted:

bath soap
dish soap

A Big Fuckin Hornet
Nov 1, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

marktheando posted:

dish soap, or we just say soap and figure any amount of context will do the rest

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Zoran posted:

dish soap
hand soap
bar of soap

no i'm afraid we need to break it up thus:

dish washing up liquid
hand washing up liquid
soap

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Raskolnikov38 posted:

the english all being born brain damaged would explain a lot of their silly "dialect" and brexit

you're really mad that you're from an even more retarded country aren't you

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
House of Lords Facts:

- instead of aye and nay, the lords vote ‘content’ or ‘not content’
- the Lord Speaker has a very uncommanding presence and whiny, pitiful voice and sits on a sack of wool.
- there are two types of lords, the Lords Temporal (Time Lords) and the Lords Spiritual (God Lords)

funny names in the House of Lords:
- Baron Alf Dubs
- Lord Sugar, Lord Curry, Lord Crisp, Lord Pickles, Baroness of Old Scone, Lord of Oldham
- Dick Taverne
- Baron Foulkes of Cumnock, Baroness Cox
- Baron Moonie
- the Lord Cuckney, the Lord Chadlington
- Lord Cromwell
- Lord Farmer, Lord German, Baroness Goldie, Lord Goodlad, Earl of Home, Baroness Jolly

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Squizzle posted:

the queen empowers 2 maces associated w the house of lords. one mace is placed, by a yeoman usher of the black rod, behind the presiding lord on an ceremonial cushion symbolizing the importance of wool. until ww2, this cushion was stuffed w horse-hair. unless this mace is present, the lords temporal and lords spiritual are powerless to do a governance

the other mace is part of the accoutrements borne w the lord chancellor when conducting business outside of the houses of parliament, so that they can wield proper royal authority when the other parliamentary maces arent nearby. other accoutrements include a potent stamp called the great seal of the realm, and the chancellors purse (which holds the great seal)

Is this what a Scientologist finding out about Xenu is like?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Don't get your fanny in a twist

Please don't reveal the Crown's signature sex move.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Jose posted:

you're really mad that you're from an even more retarded country aren't you

i dunno i just wake up mad these days, i dont think its about anything in particular anymore

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

what sort of name is hotdish lol

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

dr whomstsoëver

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Jose posted:

what sort of name is hotdish lol

an accurate one. It is a dish, that is hot you see. The englishmans desire to overcomplicate simple matters is what got y'all into this brexit mess

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

marktheando posted:

Are you

Is this

Alright, I'm taking the bait.

You wash dishes with "dish soap." In the shower you can use liquid "body wash" or those rubbing blocks which can be called interchangeably "soap," "bath soap," or "bar soap."

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Dish soap? I don't like it

twoday
May 4, 2005

Raskolnikov38 posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Debate & Discussion > C-SPAM: i dunno i just wake up mad these days, i dont think its about anything in particular anymore

twoday
May 4, 2005

These lords are filibustering like champs

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one
Do you like having high blood pressure and repeatedly swearing at a monitor? Do what I'm doing and watch the House of Lords live!

It's worth noting down the pro Brexit mentals in case you have to go raid someone's house after we No-deal into oblivion and starvation. Personally I'm gunning for invading Lord Lilley's house. Dude seems like he knows food, bet it's all French too.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
are they voting to break filibusters or what? house of lords is hard to follow

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

rear end cobra posted:

are they voting to break filibusters or what? house of lords is hard to follow

I don't know how the procedures work, I'm not sure they can do poo poo about it. Every amendment gets someone standing for 15 minutes talking poo poo, then 15 minutes of procedurals.

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

twoday posted:

House of Lords Facts:

- instead of aye and nay, the lords vote ‘content’ or ‘not content’
- the Lord Speaker has a very uncommanding presence and whiny, pitiful voice and sits on a sack of wool.
- there are two types of lords, the Lords Temporal (Time Lords) and the Lords Spiritual (God Lords)

funny names in the House of Lords:
- Baron Alf Dubs
- Lord Sugar, Lord Curry, Lord Crisp, Lord Pickles, Baroness of Old Scone, Lord of Oldham
- Dick Taverne
- Baron Foulkes of Cumnock, Baroness Cox
- Baron Moonie
- Lord Cromwell
- Lord Farmer, Lord German, Baroness Goldie, Lord Goodlad, Earl of Home, Baroness Jolly

- Kept alive by flying skulls that administer injections
- Required to have a least one cybernetic red glowing eye

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

twoday posted:

i'm sorry, how did the house of lords at one point having both the virgin and the chad slip by us

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Pook Good Mook posted:

Wouldn't this be the point where a Monarch steps in? Like, why keep her except for poo poo like this?

Sometimes a Monarch needs a pep-talk before they bring their A-game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eICyqjtsizo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Washing up liquid covers every item you wash when doing the washing up.
Dish soap is weirdly specific and therefore dumb and you're dumb for going along with it much like the British public and brexit.