Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

moths posted:

Or their mothers were through most of their pregnancy.

lol it's probably both

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Jesus christ, Elliot Rodgers is almost as much an inspiration for these types as Breivek.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

re:country music

https://mobile.twitter.com/IamShaneMorris/status/1112101933374943234

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

One More Fat Nerd posted:

Jesus christ, Elliot Rodgers is almost as much an inspiration for these types as Breivek.

Not surprised. Ideological details aside, Rogers and Breivik had basically the same motivations.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

check out the demographics of artists listed under "christian" sometime as well lol

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Epic High Five posted:

check out the demographics of artists listed under "christian" sometime as well lol

I wonder why Christian music would need to be separate from gospel 🤔🤔🤔

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

youre kidding me, modern country music a bastion of racism????????????????

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
https://twitter.com/IamShaneMorris/status/1112105429608353792

lol

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

if they were honest about the obvious segregation of southern identity music styles, especially Christian v Gospel, they could cite historical examples as tradition, things like jim crow and the bible they made specifically and only for slaves

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

anyway the precedent he should be citing is Bubba Sparxxx

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/thetomzone/status/1113841542937153536

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

zegermans posted:

see that's how you gotta hand it to Golden Dawn, they're meanderstika is actually kinda tough to draw
it may just be words but getting the spelling right when you're doing one of those isis flags must be tricky. you gotta hand it to them.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

zegermans posted:

see that's how you gotta hand it to Golden Dawn, they're meanderstika is actually kinda tough to draw

"issuing a correction to a previous post"

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

lol

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

country music is trash and it sucks how many women have that they love it in their tinder bios despite not living where country music should be popular.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
really enjoying the replies, particularly the one where an exciting new cryptocoin-powered streaming service will solve this problem

90s Cringe Rock has issued a correction as of 17:45 on Apr 4, 2019

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Groovelord Neato posted:

country music is trash and it sucks how many women have that they love it in their tinder bios despite not living where country music should be popular.

it means their conservatives looking for other conservatives, it's a way for chuds to dogwgistle how reactionary they are to eachother

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

^ ^ ^ yea this

Groovelord Neato posted:

it's probably a shibboleth, or possibly stems from the fact that any music that is obviously all-white is considered to be country no matter how obviously pop it actually is

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i mean i work with women that are normal and they go to countryfest type poo poo.

usually the conservative signalling on dating sites is them owning a jeep for some reason.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Groovelord Neato posted:

i mean i work with women that are normal and they go to countryfest type poo poo.

usually the conservative signalling on dating sites is them owning a jeep for some reason.

the only person I know who owns a jeep is a gay communist, I think that particular brand of brain worms has a vector outside of politics

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
^^Some people just catch the Jeep parasite and spend the rest of their lives talking about Jeeps with other Jeep-infested people. Never seen a particular demographic.

Groovelord Neato posted:

Tinder is also trash.

Zeroisanumber has issued a correction as of 17:53 on Apr 4, 2019

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Groovelord Neato posted:

Country music is great, it's just whats called country today is actually 80s butt rock with a fake accent

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Zeroisanumber posted:

^^Some people just catch the Jeep parasite and spend the rest of their lives talking about Jeeps with other Jeep-infested people. Never seen a particular demographic.

Tinder is also trash.

yeah my inlaws are all weird jeep people and one is a megalib, while two are magachuds

my wife became a mini cooper person which seems to be lib af from my limited time doing mini stuff with her

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

mandatory lesbian posted:

Country music is great, it's just whats called country today is actually 80s butt rock with a fake accent

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

look at this budding conservative political cartoonist

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

i love all kinds of music except rap and country

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

i feel like everyone who said that unironically is probably now a big supporter of beto

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Zeroisanumber posted:

Tinder is also trash.

it makes getting laid so easy though.

i think that's what most of us mean when we say country music. like that fella with the two first names.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

This was a genuine Scooby Doo reveal for me as soon as I read it

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Zeroisanumber posted:

Not surprised. Ideological details aside, Rogers and Breivik had basically the same motivations.

I thought Breivek was an anti-Muslim crusader type. Was he an Incel too? I don't recall Rodgers manifesto even mentioning religion, and all mentions of race were based around anger that people he saw as lesser (literally everyone) were allowed access to sex.

I know Breivek was actively trying to inspire others to follow suit, but I don't recall Rodgers trying to do that, probably because he was basically incapable of caring about what other people thought or did if it didn't involve himself.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy
Bluegrass is where it's at.

Not kidding.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

C2C - 2.0 posted:

Bluegrass is where it's at.

Not kidding.

Ya it's good, so is old folk poo poo but you can't market that and it was mostly frankly subversive

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whVGNnuJHxE

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

Epic High Five posted:

Ya it's good, so is old folk poo poo but you can't market that and it was mostly frankly subversive

I think the thing I love about bluegrass is that A)there's a ton of female artists and B)there's a lot of "gently caress capitalism" & "gently caress regressives" themes

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

I would hardly call that song country. But country music really has killed itself as a distinct musical genre as it became far more about singing about supposed countriness then it did about keeping a real musical style. Outside of an occasional twang. Compare that to say Funk, Metal, or Punk. All have a distinct style and sound. When I was working my student job the other day I heard something that pretty much sounded like a pop song, but with a slight twang, and the singer talking about "Living in the country". Country Music by becoming a cultural signifier is pretty much dead currently as a genre.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Crowsbeak posted:

I would hardly call that song country. But country music really has killed itself as a distinct musical genre as it became far more about singing about supposed countriness then it did about keeping a real musical style. Outside of an occasional twang. Compare that to say Funk, Metal, or Punk. All have a distinct style and sound. When I was working my student job the other day I heard something that pretty much sounded like a pop song, but with a slight twang, and the singer talking about "Living in the country". Country Music by becoming a cultural signifier is pretty much dead currently as a genre.

if Bubba Sparxxx gets to be country, then so does Lil Nas X

The Dipshit
Dec 21, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Lol, Identity Europa dude uses his actual last name in web chats and gets caught.

https://twitter.com/Identify_Evropa/status/1113811667425488896?s=09

Apparently there's a campaign to report this to the school district now.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I can easily believe that these people are nazis, as most of them look like they looked at the ark after it was opened.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

90s Cringe Rock posted:

really enjoying the replies, particularly the one where an exciting new cryptocoin-powered streaming service will solve this problem

this is definitely going to be used for white people to rap and use the n word in their song

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
If you unironically use the term degenerate there's a 95% chance you're a giant turbo dork.