Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

JOE EXOTIC?!

Baba Yaga Fanboy
May 18, 2011

You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...

Inzombiac posted:

JOE EXOTIC?!

To quote Baba Yaga...

Baba Yaga Fanboy posted:

:(

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Exeunt, pursued by duck.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

Baba Yaga Fanboy posted:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

FreudianSlippers posted:

The Finns have a similar saying:
"Älä ruppe isääs nussimaa."

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

BillyC
Feb 19, 2013

everythin' under heaven is in utter chaos, cloud

Bread Liar

:hmmyes:

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

:shroom:
:lsd:
:q:
:barf:
:ghost:

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

I sent that as a pm because it was meant to be private.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Needs more grapefruit.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

jobson groeth posted:

I sent that as a pm because it was meant to be private.
You know how I like to share :pervert:

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1113862077842640898

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
Wrong thread my dude.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

This belongs here

MarcusSA has a new favorite as of 19:54 on Apr 4, 2019

null_pointer
Nov 9, 2004

Center in, pull back. Stop. Track 45 right. Stop. Center and stop.

trapped mouse posted:

probably a little of both. like this:

I can't believe I'm asking this, and I deserve whatever happens ... but is this a jerking off joke?

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

null_pointer posted:

I can't believe I'm asking this, and I deserve whatever happens ... but is this a jerking off joke?

How do you even get to that?

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

null_pointer posted:

??? ? ??

null_pointer
Nov 9, 2004

Keeping crap off of your fingers. Look man I don't know I just don't get the joke! :smith:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

the joke is that a life-hack is hailed as genius, because the cartoonist thinks the idea of using eating tools to avoid getting food all over your hands is a revolutionary innovation

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

null_pointer posted:

Keeping crap off of your fingers. Look man I don't know I just don't get the joke! :smith:

are you familiar with a cheeto? warning they are dangerously cheesy

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Or the joke is people celebrate inane things.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Leperflesh posted:

the joke is that a life-hack is hailed as genius, because the cartoonist thinks the idea of using eating tools to avoid getting food all over your hands is a revolutionary innovation

...But unlike the most "saw a hand grenade to halves for nifty paper weight gifts"-lifehacks, this actually works and achieves something?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Sure, but that doesn't make it funny.

Basically what I'm saying is, it's not a funny picture, unless you find the humor in the cartoonist's banality, as I did

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Try posting something funny for once

null_pointer
Nov 9, 2004

Thank you for explaining that to my autistic self. I posit that my derail was still marginally funnier than Guy Goodbody.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
aiming higher than GG is still aiming at the ground friend

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

No man ever did me so much good, or enemy so much harm, but I repaid him with ENDLESS SHITPOSTING

Pookah posted:

Exeunt, pursued by duck.

fugiunt, more like. respect the duckling

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

DiggityDoink posted:

Devin Townsend is my favorite musician in the world so I'm glad to get more people listening to him. Ocean Machine is probably my favorite album of his but he was an addict then so it's kinda against the whole "artists need to be hosed up" thing that's going on, but like I said, the new album is super good too so I'm glad he's doing well.

The first Ziltoid album is also super loving good. Hell, his entire catalogue going back to when he was singing for Steve Vai is really loving good. Strapping Young Lad is good if you like operatic heavy metal and before that was Punky Breuster, which was a good take on the pop punk scene. All of the Devin Townsend Project stuff after that is amazing as well, although I'm not a huge fan of Transcendence, the second CD is better than the first.

Im listening to Ocean Machine right now and its loving awesome, I cant believe Ive never heard his stuff before. Was he in Sparta at all? He sounds a lot like the singer if not. Two of my favorite bands ever are Failure and Hum and Devin has a lot of the huge guitar sound like them that Iove. So glad that you posted about this, looking forward to exploring the other albums, hell yea.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

How does it feel to have a similar sense of humor to Donald Trump?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Enola Gay-For-Pay posted:

How does it feel to have a similar sense of humor to Donald Trump?

I've criticized the guy a lot in the past, the only things I agree with him on are that NATO is a pointless institution and that gif of Joe Biden is funny.

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

Gripweed posted:

I've criticized the guy a lot in the past, the only things I agree with him on are that NATO is a pointless institution and that gif of Joe Biden is funny.

... and that it's pronounced MPEG.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
yeah sorry but the Biden clip is funny. I don't like it either, but Trump does one thing well, and that's clown on easy targets, and boy oh boy is Biden a massive easy target right now.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
I'm glad people can still find humor in politics, because it's all gotten so depressing for me I can't find humor in Trump of all people taking potshots at someone else being accused of inappropriate behavior towards women.

Jamesman has a new favorite as of 22:26 on Apr 4, 2019

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
For me at least, a lot of the humor comes from the fact that he can credibly make fun of Biden for his inappropriate behavior, because Biden's is on camera, dozens of times over the years, for anyone to see. Trump brags about it in private, but Biden did it in front of everyone.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

For me at least, a lot of the humor comes from the fact that he can credibly make fun of Biden for his inappropriate behavior, because Biden's is on camera, dozens of times over the years, for anyone to see. Trump brags about it in private, but Biden did it in front of everyone.

I mean we have it on camera for Trump too.

But none of this matters because we all collectively decided this kind of behavior doesn't invalidate someone from a position of power, let alone the most powerful position in the country.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Jamesman posted:

I'm glad people can still find humor in politics, because it's all gotten so depressing for me to find humor in Trump of all people taking potshots at someone else being accused of inappropriate behavior towards women.

You know how they say that the jester was the only member of the royal court who could speak unwelcome truths to the king? That was literally never true. The most famous court jester was a guy named Roland the Farter whose entire act was a combination of acrobatics and his ability to fart on command. Another famous jester was a little person who the king would put between two loaves of bread and pretend to eat like a sandwich. All jesters just did slapstick and dick and fart jokes, the idea that they did cutting political commentary is a complete historical myth made up by Jon Stewart fans

That doesn't have anything to do with what you said but I just wanted to talk about Roland the Farter