Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
https://twitter.com/LeagueOfLegends/status/1113124181057478657

God the IG skins are so beautiful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Oops All Ezreals

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
There's five female champions on that team I'll never be able to tell apart at a glance, and LeBlanc.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

It’s weird their signatures are part of the skin, do they get royalties? Ha yea right Riot probably owns every dumb screen name in the game. It’s probably buried in the EULA.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Invalid Validation posted:

It’s weird their signatures are part of the skin, do they get royalties? Ha yea right Riot probably owns every dumb screen name in the game. It’s probably buried in the EULA.
They addressed that a few years ago, they do get royalties but I think it's only like 10% at best on every skin sold.

e:

quote:

- Team Championship skins - Beginning with the winning team from this year’s Worlds, we will be sharing 25% of the revenue earned on skin sales in the launch year of each set of Team Championship skins directly with the players who inspired them, as well as their team and league (because it takes a village to make a champion). In the spirit of celebrating past champions, we’ll also be sharing revenue from past Team Championship skins with the previous winners - players, teams and leagues (Fnatic, TPA, SKT, Samsung White and SKT again)
Still vague so I'm sure that 25% is broken up between the org and player, so on a $10 skin the player is probably getting $2.50 if it's split even. If iG Rookie's skin sells 10,000 he'll make $250 I guess

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Apr 3, 2019

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Haha for just the first year, what chumps. That 2.50 would be split between the whole org too.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Invalid Validation posted:

Haha for just the first year, what chumps. That 2.50 would be split between the whole org too.

They're only sold in the store for a year, after that they're replaced by the next set of Worlds skins and can only be gotten from chests. I think I remember hearing before that Worlds skin sales usually end up giving the team around $8-10m.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?

njsykora posted:

They're only sold in the store for a year, after that they're replaced by the next set of Worlds skins and can only be gotten from chests. I think I remember hearing before that Worlds skin sales usually end up giving the team around $8-10m.

you can buy all the previous worlds skins during worlds. and msi, I think.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

curiousCat posted:

you can buy all the previous worlds skins during worlds. and msi, I think.
Yeah they're all out of the vault for a month during MSI and like two months during World's and they retroactively started paying out for the old skins but it's still probably less than an active pro makes streaming for a month

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

I really love the effects on all of those champions but Rakan twice in a row makes me real sad because I'm bad at Rakan no matter how many games of him I try to play to get better. :(

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

I at least am interested in short hair Kai'sa.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

njsykora posted:

I at least am interested in short hair Kai'sa.
Which skin is that one

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

I keep getting autofilled during my placements. I thought that wasn't supposed to happen?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Kite Pride Worldwide posted:

I keep getting autofilled during my placements. I thought that wasn't supposed to happen?

You don't get autofilled during promotions, during placements you can be autofilled.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

njsykora posted:

You don't get autofilled during promotions, during placements you can be autofilled.

Er, I meant promotions. For both Bronze 1 -> Silver 4/Silver 4 -> Silver 3 promos I've been autofilled into Jungle.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
Is there any way to get Windows Defender to permanently stop trying to block my patches? I'm tired of my computer freezing for 2 minutes wile Defender shits itself every single patch and hotfix

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Is it true uncle Ryze skin does more dmg vs Artic Caitlyn?

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

ARAM bans are in and now I will never have to see that piece of loving trash Sona in another game ever again

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Syrinxx posted:

ARAM bans are in and now I will never have to see that piece of loving trash Sona in another game ever again

same but replace every instance of Sona with Shaco

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Small sample size but so far Darius has always ended up banned in ARAM and I can't figure out why

I'd have named a dozen other tank-initiators as problematic ahead of Darius

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
All those skins look the same to me

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

Smol posted:

All those skins look the same to me

That's racist

I don't like that they now have a Rakan skin without a corresponding Xayah. But the Irelia is really cool.

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

pidan posted:

I don't like that they now have a Rakan skin without a corresponding Xayah.

Their relationship is solid and they don't need to be joined at the hip.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

SKULL.GIF posted:

Small sample size but so far Darius has always ended up banned in ARAM and I can't figure out why

I'd have named a dozen other tank-initiators as problematic ahead of Darius

It's because Darius is probably the most capable of actually getting an ARAM penta if played well, just by pentadunking.

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

The bans in ARAM should be random

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

new mechanic idea: if a champion gets banned by both teams they cancel out and the champion can be played. let chaos reign

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005
Now with 22% more apathy!

rabidsquid posted:

all these aram changes coming down the pipe long after snowball made dumb loving melee champs supremely strong is really weird

Top 20 champs in ARAM winrate is almost entirely pokechamps.

Gin posted:

Because Sona. I bet her winrate is 60±

~70, as is Ziggs. There are ~25 champs rocking ~60%+ winrates in ARAM

pog boyfriend posted:

because mother gently caress aram accounts

Free champ rotation for ARAM is last three free rotations, each of which has 14 champs, nowadays.

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005

Syrinxx posted:

My top bans are gonna be Xerath, Fiddles, Zilean, maybe Mao.

Yeah, Sona and Ziggs are stronger, but they're not as unfun, imo.

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005

pog boyfriend posted:

new mechanic idea: if a champion gets banned by both teams they cancel out and the champion can be played. let chaos reign

New mechanic idea: Instead of randomizing champs, every time you click on a champ in champ select for ARAM the game randomly either bans it, or locks it in for you.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

pog boyfriend posted:

it should actually be DoubleBanned and carry over into the next game for those who banned it, allowing them a second ban

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

If a champ is double banned both players should be immediately locked into pre-rework Eve

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
The bans should be random

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

Aram bans suck and the new poros are not cute. Bring back old ARAM

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Bring back Summoner's Rift ARAM.

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

pog boyfriend posted:

epic. id like to build on this where instead if a champion is banned or picked like 100% of the time as is the case for hrm let's say as an example, the inconceivable samurai champion, RIOT games llc makes efforts to balance or ideally remove it from the game forever

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

My Shop arrived and I got a nice Lunar Lux. On the fence about buying Beemo and a Sivir skin. No Lulu 😣

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Wangsbig posted:

epic. id like to build on this where instead if a champion is banned or picked like 100% of the time as is the case for hrm let's say as an example, the inconceivable samurai champion, RIOT games llc makes efforts to balance or ideally remove it from the game forever

not sure if i agree on it but one related change i think we can all get behind is creating a protection so you can never ban zoe and then buffing her until she gets at least 90% pick rate

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005
Did the previous patch (9.6) break attack-move on GP's barrels or did it happen earlier or is it just me?

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

pidan posted:

My Shop arrived and I got a nice Lunar Lux. On the fence about buying Beemo and a Sivir skin. No Lulu 😣

Beemo’s chromas own.

aram bans are unbelievably lame, but “both teams ban = available” is a potentially hilarious mechanic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

iSurrender posted:

Top 20 champs in ARAM winrate is almost entirely pokechamps.

~70, as is Ziggs. There are ~25 champs rocking ~60%+ winrates in ARAM

Free champ rotation for ARAM is last three free rotations, each of which has 14 champs, nowadays.

poke is also getting a nerf, though, so we have to say what plays out after all the changes.

Sona will always be a good ban because if she hits 16 her team is very likely to win.