Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Bane was 100% correct btw.

That person did have a beautiful voice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Darko posted:

RE: DKRises - The left is just as susceptible to dangerous ideologues as the right. "Don't fall for rhetoric and watch who you are following" is a good message.

Good people on many sides.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

MonsieurChoc posted:

Not a single Steppenwolf song in Justice League.

Iron Man was only good because they understood that "I am Iron Man" had to be included.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Good people on many sides.

that's the exact opposite of what's being said but yeah sure

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

Darko posted:

RE: DKRises - The left is just as susceptible to dangerous ideologues as the right. "Don't fall for rhetoric and watch who you are following" is a good message.

And that's why we should invade Venezuela.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Everyone is susceptible to strongman/cult of personality politicking but in actual practice there is in fact one particular ideology that lustily demands them with zero remorse and is actually built to produce and support them.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Ghost Leviathan posted:

It's really looking more like the Paggliaci route than trying to be realistic or relatable

To be honest, Batman would work perfectly as an opera.

They kinda tried that with BvS, but the audience are smelly dumb dumbs

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Detective No. 27 posted:

I'll never forgive them for not using the song "Born To Be Wild" in their trailer for Born To Be Wild. It was the one time it would have been acceptable.

i was super mad when Edge of Seventeen (a very good movie) did not at any point use the song Edge of Seventeen (a very good song)

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Dark Knight Rises remains the only case of chekov’s cyborg knee brace in cinema.

w0o0o0o
Aug 26, 2007
bloop.
New Joker movie looks like a really interesting take on the comic formula. Got strong vibes of Nightcrawler from it, a kind of twisted rags to riches story.

Until now I thought this was going to be about Jared Leto's Marilyn Manson Joker so definitely more interested in seeing it now than before! Is it going to be part of the main DC -shitshow canon or more a standalone thing?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

w0o0o0o posted:

New Joker movie looks like a really interesting take on the comic formula. Got strong vibes of Nightcrawler from it, a kind of twisted rags to riches story.

Until now I thought this was going to be about Jared Leto's Marilyn Manson Joker so definitely more interested in seeing it now than before! Is it going to be part of the main DC -shitshow canon or more a standalone thing?

Standalone. Leto is in Harley's new movie

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Fart City posted:

Dark Knight Rises remains the only case of chekov’s cyborg knee brace in cinema.

Did you miss Matthew McConaughey's Oscar-winning performance in "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Next Generation"?

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Ouch, Dark Phoenix is gonna be Disney brand? That's... not good.

Don’t worry, Dark Phoenix was going to be awful regardless of the merger :v:

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Kharn_The_Betrayer posted:

Probably not its gonna be another "bane representing occupy" to paint any kind of leftists ideology or critique as being nothing more than a manipulation of the masses by some tyrannical psycho.

The Joker film's message is that the real Joker is none other than Bernie Sanders.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

PenguinKnight posted:

Don’t worry, Dark Phoenix was going to be awful regardless of the merger :v:

Trailers were out before the merger, and they looked terrible. In my stupid opinion, kill off the X-Men and reboot them into the MCU like god intended.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

God left years ago

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"
god is a big fan of zack snyder

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

If there is a just God he will not let Wolverine join the Avengers!

wizardofloneliness fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Apr 5, 2019

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

The mouse is gonna milk the poo poo out of the X-Men. Of course they're gonna make Wolverine an Avenger. They love money too much.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Ghost Leviathan posted:

https://twitter.com/howbluetheanger/status/1113477363365498882

This is gonna end up with the Joker being the real hero

this movie is going to be a next-level trainwreck

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

teagone posted:

The mouse is gonna milk the poo poo out of the X-Men. Of course they're gonna make Wolverine an Avenger. They love money too much.

Eventually, for sure.

I genuinely wonder if they have any apprehension about Wolverine. With Spider-Man, the character was really ineptly rendered by a bunch of lukewarm Sony movies nobody loved...so "getting it right" was some goodwill expectation fans had from the start. Bouncing him off Iron Man and doubling down on the jokes was a safe bet. But for all that FOX did wrong with X-Men, those movies were very successful at iconically defining Wolverine. And Hugh Jackman was Wolverine for literally 18 years; re-casting and re-conceiving the character would be like replacing Robert Downey Jr.

Disney being risk-averse, I imagine what they'd do first is aim for the IP that people already want to see "done better." Fantastic Four, the classic X-Men team (Cyclops, Iceman, Angel, etc.) Wolverine's unavoidable, but I suspect they want his shallow grave to cool for a bit.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Yeah, the new universe if for sure gonna have a X-Men teaser in the first movie.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Endgame is likely to have one of those big cosmic retcons at the end. Maybe a hasty tie-in with Dark Phoenix or something.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Everyone is susceptible to strongman/cult of personality politicking but in actual practice there is in fact one particular ideology that lustily demands them with zero remorse and is actually built to produce and support them.

And it's the one that has an actual real life body count in the USA recently.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

teagone posted:

Why do you say this like it's a bad thing?

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

*gestures vaguely at the bland, terrible poo poo that is the MCU*

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Wolverine and Spider-man being in the Avengers was considered dumb, pandering poo poo in the comics. (the funny thing is that Spider-man and Wolverine basically instantly get in a fight almost every time they meet)

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Uhh, because Disney owning a sizable chunk of mainstream media is not really a good thing. If the MCU is any indication of how Disney plans to approach the deployment of its newly acquired IPs (and it will be), I'm not really looking forward to the inevitable homogenization of pop culture. But sure, having Wolverine join the Avengers in the Marvel Cinematic Universe is totally worth the price of oh, I don't know, people losing their jobs over the merger AND mainstream media monopolization. Totes worth it cuz gotta have my superheroes together on the big screen.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

if they're not gonna make tony stark and wolverine kiss why even bother

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I mean normally I would agree with you but X-Men movies have been total poo poo for a long time now. Anything they do to it will be an improvement. I'm supposed to feel sad for the dudes that worked on Fantastic 4?

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Imagine being excited for Disney owning like almost half of the entertainment industry because now you get to see your favorite fictional characters in supposed better movies.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

I mean normally I would agree with you but X-Men movies have been total poo poo for a long time now. Anything they do to it will be an improvement. I'm supposed to feel sad for the dudes that worked on Fantastic 4?

Marvel movies have also been poo poo. Bland poo poo. So they'll be mildly better, and bland, at the small cost of a single company owning half the valuable IPs in the world. Brilliant.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

x-men has had one whole bad movie recently, everything else has been mcu-level at worst

(granted it's looking like it'll be two bad movies with dark phoenix but hush)

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Snowman_McK posted:

Marvel movies have also been poo poo. Bland poo poo. So they'll be mildly better, and bland, at the small cost of a single company owning half the valuable IPs in the world. Brilliant.

teagone posted:

Imagine being excited for Disney owning like almost half of the entertainment industry because now you get to see your favorite fictional characters in supposed better movies.

Yes, that is the positive outcome of this. Exactly what the gently caress else am I supposed to do about this situation? Express outrage on an internet forum? Is there maybe a petition you'd like me to sign?

SolidSnakesBandana fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Apr 5, 2019

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

teagone posted:

Uhh, because Disney owning a sizable chunk of mainstream media is not really a good thing. If the MCU is any indication of how Disney plans to approach the deployment of its newly acquired IPs (and it will be), I'm not really looking forward to the inevitable homogenization of pop culture. But sure, having Wolverine join the Avengers in the Marvel Cinematic Universe is totally worth the price of oh, I don't know, people losing their jobs over the merger AND mainstream media monopolization. Totes worth it cuz gotta have my superheroes together on the big screen.

That and I just think it leads to worse movies. And the X-Men series already has plenty of bad movies in it. I just don’t think the good ones (Logan, DoFP, uhh maybe X2 if it still holds up) would have ever been allowed to exist had X-Men been with Marvel/Disney to begin with. For all the hubbub from some people about what an accomplishment the MCU is, it’s also an incredibly restrictive environment. This is basically why I’ve never been a fan of it or any other modern day “cinematic universes”.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I do not like monopolies.

I am also a communist.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Yes, that is the positive outcome of this. Exactly what the gently caress else am I supposed to do about this situation? Express outrage on an internet forum? Is there maybe a petition you'd like me to sign?

You will likely never see a film like a Deadpool or a Logan ever again is basically what I'm saying, in addition to the other points I made, but this one is more relevant to you I guess. Enjoy your generic white rice vanilla slop!

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
That doesn't answer my question at all. I didn't ask why I should be mad, I asked you what you would like me to do about it.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That doesn't answer my question at all. I didn't ask why I should be mad, I asked you what you would like me to do about it.

I expect you to do nothing. Clearly you've already made up your mind about the real world and grim implications of the Disney/Fox merger. I'm just telling you why I'm saying it's a bad thing because, well, you asked me to. And there you go.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Who said you had to do anything? You're still allowed to have your own opinion about things even if you don't like what's going on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

You asked why they thought it was a bad thing and they told you. No ones giving you any obligation.