Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I like how almost all the revived characters pick up on chrome working something out and leave it for him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?

I loving love these gorillas.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

https://readms.net/r/dr_stone/097/5721/1

This manga is crazy insane fun!

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

thank you for the smiles this week, dr stone

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
We've entered the Minecraft stage of human development.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Shouldn’t setting up that many rails take years? Considering they have to make them and excavate the tunnels.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

RatHat posted:

Shouldn’t setting up that many rails take years? Considering they have to make them and excavate the tunnels.

I mean, the same thing applies to a lot of stuff they've done, like the motor boat (actually developing and testing the motor and producing the materials for it etc would likely take an extremely long time).

I just ignore that sort of thing.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

I mean at this point they've got a giant workforce.

Just assume aside from a few people harvesting/cooking or some other small stuff, whatever new plan senku has, he's using his kingdom of science (nearly) full labor force on it.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Ytlaya posted:

I mean, the same thing applies to a lot of stuff they've done, like the motor boat (actually developing and testing the motor and producing the materials for it etc would likely take an extremely long time).

I just ignore that sort of thing.

To get materials up to current day spec and power yeah but piston engines are incredibly simple things. You dont even have to play with cams if you go two-stroke.
It would be heavy as gently caress but they can make it all out of cast iron and some tempered high carbon steel for the various bearing faces theyd need. All theyd have left is machining it all: solved by a lathe and drill press attached to the waterwheel or ran pneumatically (another fundamentally simple design concept) off steam. All theyd have left is lubrication and fueling which would also be solved once Senku starts fractional distillation of the crude hes going to get off the oil fields.

Most of the advancements that we have to day are about making our machinery smaller, lighter, more powerful and more resource efficient. If you simply require motive power at modest efficiency then the relatively simple designs from the late 1800s would be adequate and can be achieved with what Senku has right now.
Senku also has the advantage of not needing to mass produce and support things for thousands+ of people, so things can be a bit more bespoke in their utility and production.

Thought:
Kaseki exploded his clothes off when told about precision machining tools.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

I miss his clothes. He looked like a complete badass.

Senku also has the benefit of some freakishly strong/talented people around him.
Not just the people from the village, but also the people Tsukasa revived.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Not even them. Taiju alone can produce essentially infinite manual labor.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
New chapter
NOOOO!
Kaseki, we still love you!

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Darth TNT posted:

New chapter
NOOOO!
Kaseki, we still love you!

I really like the characters in this

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

AtomikKrab posted:

I really like the characters in this

Yeah, Ryusui is really winning me over as well now.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Mulderman posted:

Yeah, Ryusui is really winning me over as well now.
It's insane that he's a relatively recent addition, he and Francois fit in as if they've always been there.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
Chapter 99 and 100 are out. It's time to set sail!

Galvanik
Feb 28, 2013

Ginrou was loving perfection. I love this comic.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
That boat is Gurren Lagann as all get out.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Holy poo poo Ginro... Just Holy loving poo poo. You really should know better by now...

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I get that we have to bring all the important named characters with us as the setting shifts for however long it takes but it's kind of hilarious they brought, like, most of the people who know how to do anything and left the rest behind to "develop".

Like how many people other than Kaseki even know how to craft poo poo?

Blockhouse fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Apr 6, 2019

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
The only named character from the past they left was the reporter right?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

RatHat posted:

was tsukasa's sister never given a name?

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

RatHat posted:

Suika doesn't seem to be on the boat, but as far as I can tell she doesn't show up in the chapter at all, which makes me think she's stowing away or something.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

Manatee Cannon posted:

was tsukasa's sister never given a name?

I thought it was Mirai.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

DoubleDonut posted:

Suika doesn't seem to be on the boat, but as far as I can tell she doesn't show up in the chapter at all, which makes me think she's stowing away or something.

She's not from the past, but yes she definitely snuck on board.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

RatHat posted:

She's not from the past, but yes she definitely snuck on board.

oh, my bad, I completely failed to parse your post correctly

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

let's assume that they taught some of the villagers how to do stuff to improve development during that entire year

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

mabels big day posted:

let's assume that they taught some of the villagers how to do stuff to improve development during that entire year

This. Also there are people who got revived amongst them as well.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Yeah, I was "surprised" to see chrome come along. As he's viewed as Senkuu's successor it would've made most sense to leave him behind.
At least they thought about bringing hyuga and his girl.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Darth TNT posted:

Yeah, I was "surprised" to see chrome come along. As he's viewed as Senkuu's successor it would've made most sense to leave him behind.

Considering they're doing an expedition into what's essentially uncharted area, it's probably good to bring the guy who seems to have a knack for finding materials. Also on top of being a "successor" to Senku, he's a good complement to him.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Darth TNT posted:

If Senku gets injured or the expedition needs more than one big brain science person it's gonna be pretty important for him to be present. They spent a year building the ship so presumably they spent some time training people in basic stuff; the people left behind don't need to brainstorm how to build rocket engines or satellites or anything, just develop a basic agricultural/industrial society.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

chrome gets to come because the village will disappear from relevance for a really long time

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

And they are off

To steal a spaceship and I am going to guess possibly any intact advanced parts? I think if it was sealed up a reentry module would last a drat long time.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Chapter's up and while it's got a bunch of really fun stuff, my favorite part is that the ending matches up with an easy to forget thing from all the way back in chapter 17! :allears:

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Dragonatrix posted:

Chapter's up and while it's got a bunch of really fun stuff, my favorite part is that the ending matches up with an easy to forget thing from all the way back in chapter 17! :allears:

Holy crap that's awesome. I didn't remember the no name guy at all.I thought he was just a plot convenient introduction. :aaa:

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
If the island isn't close to Japan I wonder how the villager's ancestors and Soyuz made the journey. Are they going to have relatively advanced shipbuilding? It'd be interesting to see Senku's influence on a society a bit more advanced.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

The Fact that he had no name while everyone else did should have been a clue.

This manga pleases me

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Dragonatrix posted:

:holymoley: This is super clever.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Yeah I like when there's callbacks like this. It's a good indicator they really know where they're going with their story to have callbacks so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
A new trailer for the anime was uploaded about a month ago with some footage. Looks good so far other than Yuzuriha whose art style looks out of place to me compared to everything else.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pon9R5n5dMk