Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Ah I took a break for a while but now it's time to get back on my rat bullshit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
Chaos Hats are the best godamn faction, a shame they retconned them to be less hatty more generic chaos spikey.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Dr Christmas posted:

Yep, those are the two big "modern" Warhammer factions that aren't yet included.

Chaos Dwarfs had an army book, but they didn't make it into later editions. They still appear in Warriors of Chaos armies manning Hellcannons, and Forge World made some expensive models for them around the End Times. Hobgoblin Khans can either be part of their list or their own.

Kislev had a full army in Warmaster and a smattering of units and army lists. It probably had more representation than Vampire Coast.

Arabay appeared in Warmaster as well, and also had a ship in Dreadfleet.

Cathay, Ind, and Nippon are, I think, the only remaining major world factions without any official army lists.

Finally, if you want a real rear end-pull, they could tell us what's going on in the Hinterlands of Kuresh, analogous to Cambodia. The only fluff for that is "Some merchant said it's scary and there are snake men."

Dream world is Total War Warhammer 4 with Cathay, Ind, Nippon and Kuresh, feat Australia as a faction DLC.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I’m down for every faction ever mentioned in Warhammer, except pygmies

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

MilitantBlackGuy posted:

The Predator reference is just so well done, love you CA

Remember when someone dubbed the Predator theme over the Jungle teaser for Warhams 2?

Creative Assembly remembers.

Grumio
Sep 20, 2001

in culina est
This warpstone dust will make you a god-damned sexual carnosaurus

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
I was sorta miffed at them taking so long to get this poo poo out but this looks massive and probably worth the wait.

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Survived AGDQ 2018 Awful Games block!
Grimey Drawer
Rats. Rats. We're the rats.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Warhammer 2 - I ain't got time-moment to bleed!

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Dr Christmas posted:

Yep, those are the two big "modern" Warhammer factions that aren't yet included.

Chaos Dwarfs had an army book, but they didn't make it into later editions. They still appear in Warriors of Chaos armies manning Hellcannons, and Forge World made some expensive models for them around the End Times. Hobgoblin Khans can either be part of their list or their own.

Kislev had a full army in Warmaster and a smattering of units and army lists. It probably had more representation than Vampire Coast.

Arabay appeared in Warmaster as well, and also had a ship in Dreadfleet.

Cathay, Ind, and Nippon are, I think, the only remaining major world factions without any official army lists.

Finally, if you want a real rear end-pull, they could tell us what's going on in the Hinterlands of Kuresh, analogous to Cambodia. The only fluff for that is "Some merchant said it's scary and there are snake men."

There's also the Dogs of War, which are mostly random units of human mercenaries that would be right at home in WH3.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Iymarra posted:

Rats. Rats. We're the rats.

TEHENHAUIN it's your birthday today! Fire and warpstone is on it's way!

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
There's also sorta Estalia, Tilea and the Border Princes but those are looking unlikely.

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

"When life gives you ghosts, you make ghost-robots"

I think this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.

YES

JEZZAILS WHEN? JEZZAILS NOW!

RATLING GUNS WHEN? RATLING GUNS NOW!

I CANNOT EXPLAIN HOW HYPE I AM FOR THE RATS TO GET THEIR TOYS BACK

FINALLY I CAN PLAY SHOGUN 2: FALL OF THE SAMURAT

Rip_Van_Winkle fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Apr 4, 2019

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

I HEARD THERE ARE SKAVENS TO SACRIFICE

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Azran posted:

There's also sorta Estalia, Tilea and the Border Princes but those are looking unlikely.

The core of the Dogs of War roster is from that region. My personal theory at the moment is that the Dogs of War will be horde factions and Tilea, Estalia and Border Princes will be non-playable, using a limited version of that roster with only the local units, sort of how old Norsca just had the barbarian units of the Warriors of Chaos.

I am thinking that because in the Vortex Map the New World Colonies are the only settled faction where it'd make sense to put the Southern Realms now that the Sartosa has gone to the Zombie Pirates (Sudenburg is an Imperial colony, so it never made sense). They could add new starts, yes, but given the mercenary nature of Dogs of War this could give the New Content Team the chance to do something interesting with horde gameplay without messing up the map too much.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
happy World Rat Day, thread

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

It would make sense if the playable factions were the various southern realms and their gameplay focused less on territory control and more on just making as much money as possible and hiring RoR units.

I could see some trade route style mechanics being added, at least in Warhammer 3, and have have that faction focus on operating the Warhammer version of the silk road by fighting off various ogres, greenskins and demons.

turn off the TV fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Apr 4, 2019

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
You could even give them some wacky wealth-based recruitment mechanics. Anti-tomb kings.

I could see them being a pre-order race including the first ogre unit.

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

Tiler Kiwi posted:

happy World Rat Day, thread

the DLC is out in 13 days :aaa:

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

ALL! OF! THE! RULES!!!

Luminous Cow
Nov 2, 2007

Well you know there should be no law
on people that want to smoke a little dope.
Well you know it's good for your head
And it relax your body don't you know.

:420:
Y'know I briefly considered uninstalling this game the other day, and now I'm so glad I didn't.

Give me more rat guns.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

my strong son ikit claw has summoned me back to this thread

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
looking forward to the huge rat vs pirate shoot-outs.

A Perfect Twist
Aug 15, 2007

"What have I done? I'll have to start again. To forget and to disappear. I'll head north, far-north, to that big question mark, the Northern Territory"

Grumio posted:

This warpstone dust will make you a god-damned sexual carnosaurus

This is a good thread title :thumbsup:

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I just realized that the maniacal laughter followed by a small nuke is also from Predator.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

SirPhoebos posted:

Warhammer 2 - I ain't got time-moment to bleed!

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Total Warhammer II: Ikit, Clawdius

Total Warhammer II: If it bleeds, we can kill-kill it

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
No mention of more lores for the lizardmen? Dang.

I'll just have to content myself with greatweapon skinks.

Ardent Communist
Oct 17, 2010

ALLAH! MU'AMMAR! LIBYA WA BAS!

Krazyface posted:

Total Warhammer II: Ikit, Clawdius

Total Warhammer II: If it bleeds, we can kill-kill it

Total Warhammer II: If it bleeds, we can kill-maim it

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006
Long-tall Sally, she built sweet

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

The Crotch posted:

No mention of more lores for the lizardmen? Dang.

I'll just have to content myself with greatweapon skinks.

They already have Heavens, Beasts, High and Light plus Mazdamundi's unique spell list.

What lore do you think they're missing? Maaaaybe life, but they have Revivification crystals to replicate that.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
i'm pretty surprised thanquol is apparently not getting in as a LL here, so my current guess is they're going to put the end times megafactions (nagash, chaos undivided + skaven, elves united, etc) into TW3 and thanquol will be a LL for the megachaos faction

e: comedy option: the megafactions are DLC exclusives for people who own all 3 games only playable in the enormous all-3-games map

President Ark fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Apr 5, 2019

Salted_Pork
Jun 19, 2011

Zore posted:

They already have Heavens, Beasts, High and Light plus Mazdamundi's unique spell list.

What lore do you think they're missing? Maaaaybe life, but they have Revivification crystals to replicate that.

As far as I recall they should have access to all 8 generic lores and maybe high magic, since they pretty much invented magic.

Henker
May 5, 2009

So I finally started a Dark Elf campaign, and I think this is the first time I've ever actually hear the word "Druchii" pronounced. I always assumed it sounded like Droo-kai, so it's weird hearing it's Droo-key. Sounds like it would be the name of Donkey Kong's edgelord cousin, Drooky Kong.

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

Henker posted:

So I finally started a Dark Elf campaign, and I think this is the first time I've ever actually hear the word "Druchii" pronounced. I always assumed it sounded like Droo-kai, so it's weird hearing it's Droo-key. Sounds like it would be the name of Donkey Kong's edgelord cousin, Drooky Kong.

It should absolutely be pronounced "Drook-ih-ee", (short i followed by long i) but that's too much effort for GW.

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

It turns our dark elves are part of the Droopy Dog clan

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Salted_Pork posted:

As far as I recall they should have access to all 8 generic lores and maybe high magic, since they pretty much invented magic.

Yeah Slanns are painfully underwhelmig in TW:W 2. In lore, the baseline for power of random noname Slann is Teclis and in tabletop, they still can cast spells from all 8 lores of magic + high magic. Meanwhile in the game, they are worse than your basic Saurus chieftains, despite needing high tier building and a ritual to recuit one.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
The High Elves go between pronouncing 'Asur' as /'æsə/ ('rear end-uh') and /ə'sʊə/ (sorta like saying "a cure" in a really posh English accent, with an "s" sound instead of the "k" sound, and without the "y" sound). It's maddening. The second pronunciation is most notably used by Princesses.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface
Its been mentioned to death most likely but Kislev is a big loving deal in lore and its fairly suprising they chose vampire coast or basically any other dlc pack over Kislev.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
"SCAMPER!

SCURRY!

GET TO THE
*skaven equivalent of a rotary-winged aircraft*!"