Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Shrapnig posted:

Danny Rose thinks he can only handle 5 or 6 more years of being racially abused before he can walk away from football. I get the sentiment but he’s already made tens of millions of pounds conning people into thinking he’s a competent footballer, why not quit now?

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/apr/04/danny-rose-football-racism-england-tottenham

This is a bad post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Crazy Ted posted:

Because he can make tens of millions of pounds more?

But only for 5 or 6 more years then he can’t take the racism anymore.

blue footed boobie posted:

This is a bad post.

He’s just saying that he can tolerate racism in football as long as he’s being paid millions of pounds to tolerate it.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
maybe hes a complex human who can hold multiple non binary feelings like loving playing football and hating racism

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Shrapnig posted:

He’s just saying that he can tolerate racism in football as long as he’s being paid millions of pounds to tolerate it.

he can tolerate it personally

he's not saying "i'd take 5-6 years of pay over ending racism for everyone"

don't know why this is a shocker

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Shrapnig posted:

Jesus loving christ

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Imagine unironically saying that black people should not complain about racism by the organisation that pays them, in tyool 2019.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Shrapnig posted:

still can’t tell if you actually made this post or are crossposting from the bad posts thread

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Dude you just got roasted by oliwan, time to hang up your posting boots

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

imagine posting a take about race so bad that the soccer forum is roasting you for it

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe

Shrapnig posted:

Danny Rose thinks he can only handle 5 or 6 more years of being racially abused before he can walk away from football. I get the sentiment but he’s already made tens of millions of pounds conning people into thinking he’s a competent footballer, why not quit now?

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/apr/04/danny-rose-football-racism-england-tottenham

Am I in the BBC comment section

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
shranpnig will be monkey chanting himself to sleep tonight

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

RideTheSpiral posted:

shranpnig will be monkey chanting himself for the next 5 to 6 years

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
He said something like ‘the fines are small, like the amount I’d spend on a night out in London.’

I don’t think that helps people feel sorry for him, as wrong as that is.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

that was a cool and funny thing to say actually

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

monkeytennis posted:

He said something like ‘the fines are small, like the amount I’d spend on a night out in London.’

Me neither op, I wish black people would finally learn to react to racism in such a way that they take into account how it makes white people feel.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

monkeytennis posted:

Didn't know racism was over when you made a cool million.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

monkeytennis posted:

now that youve put it like thyat its probably 50% his fault

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

RideTheSpiral posted:

now that youve put it like thyat its probably 50% his fault

Hello Mr Bonucci

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

I initially thought Shrapnig is being dogpiled a bit for poor phrasing but I've just actually read the Guardian article and gently caress me Shrapnig you didn't half frame it in a terrible way.

What Rose is actually quoted as saying in the article:

“I’ve had enough,” Rose said. “At the minute, how I programme myself is that I just think: ‘I’ve got five or six more years left in football and I just can’t wait to see the back of it.’ Seeing how things are done in the game at the minute … It’s just – whatever, isn’t it? I just want to get out of it.

“That’s how I feel. I feel I’ve got five or six more years left and I just want to enjoy football as much as I can. There is so much politics and whatever in football and I just can’t wait to see the back of it, to be honest.”

monkeytennis posted:

He said something like "the fines are small, like the amount I'd spend on a night out in London."

I don't think that helps people feel sorry for him, as wrong as that is.

Quoted as saying exactly:

“Obviously, it is a bit sad [to feel like this] but when countries only get fined what I’d probably spend on a night out in London, what do you expect?” Rose said. “You see my manager get banned for two games for just being confrontational against Mike Dean. But yet a country can only get fined a little bit of money for being racist. It’s just a bit of a farce at the minute. So that’s where we are at in football and until there’s a harsh punishment, there’s not much else we can expect.”

I don't see a problem with anything he's said at all? Break it down and he's basically saying he's only got 5-6 years left of his playing career to get through and he gets to see the back of racism while lamenting the fact that entire FAs get fined laughable amounts that a single footballer could easily absorb. That's loving abhorrent that a black man feels this way about a dream career in 2019, why the gently caress should he retire early, Shrapnig?

Whatever the thoughts/criticisms on the amount of money footballers are paid, none of that is the fault of Danny Rose, nor does/should it serve as any kind of salve for being abused at work for the colour of your skin.

RIP empathy I guess.

CyberPingu posted:

Hello Mr Bonucci

Pretty sure :thejoke:

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

CyberPingu posted:

Hello Mr Bonucci

drat i wish id thought of that

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

People get mad and say they want to quit their job over stuff a million times pettier than being racially abused at work

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

jesus WEP posted:

People get mad and say they want to quit their job over stuff a million times pettier than being racially abused at work

like not being paid ebough to go to a club. i only get paid enough to be sanctioned for racism

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Bundy posted:

Pretty sure :thejoke:

Yeah Im aware of that.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
tbf London is very expensive

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

Chas McGill posted:

Am I in the BBC comment section

you mean that lukaku chant? lol

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Blue Star Error posted:

tbf London is very expensive

Stop getting fined for being racist and it gets cheaper

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
£8 a pint no thanks I’ll be a racist instead

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
All of Montenegro could have a night out on what Rose pays for him and the lads in London. And they need it more, it's a serious fine.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

RideTheSpiral posted:

£8 a pint no thanks I’ll be a racist instead

If you do a racism in Kazakhstan do they give you a discount

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
Anyway, in stories that actually do belong in this thread, Hennessey has been cleared by the FA of making a racist gesture with his Nazi salute.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/apr/05/wayne-hennessey-crystal-palace-cleared-racist-gesture

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Mickolution posted:

Anyway, in stories that actually do belong in this thread, Hennessey has been cleared by the FA of making a racist gesture with his Nazi salute.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/apr/05/wayne-hennessey-crystal-palace-cleared-racist-gesture

Just waving hello as he saw his mate Danny Rose enter the pub on a night out in London

Shroud
May 11, 2009

Mickolution posted:

There's a joke about his arm being in an unnatural position that a better person could make.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

If you do a racism in Kazakhstan do they give you a discount

yes

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity
https://twitter.com/BeardedGenius/status/1114203787336519680?s=19

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

From forum posts to SkySports in a day, big time stuff for our boy Shrapnig

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

YOUR LIPS SAY 0, BUT YOUR EYES SAY 1.

:drat:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

:hmbol:

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
That sure is a take

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

jesus WEP posted:

that was a cool and funny thing to say actually

Imagining how wound up the shitheads who are racist will be about this quote and doing a big lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
:yikes: