Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Solefald posted:

I gave my sister Jose's phone number so she can let him know when I die. Not to tell SA really but just the few goons I've befriended.

I bet Jose would just forget to tell them though lmfao

RIP Loafer. I hope you get access to toilets wherever you are
If you're expecting Jose to commemorate your death you'd better bequeath him pics of your butt

TACD fucked around with this message at 09:36 on Apr 5, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

Aphex- posted:

I have a semi-relatable train station poop story that I will bring up in honour of Loafer, seems fitting to share it now.

I was in Copenhagen after Roskilde festival one year with some friends, we had a flight to Amsterdam the next day and we'd arrived at Copenhagen train station at night. They let us onto the platform to wait for our train to the airport and I really needed a poo poo. They wouldn't let me back in to the station to poop but luckily the platform had an exit right onto the street into central Copenhagen. I spent around 10 minutes running around deserted streets at like 3am looking for a suitable place to drop trou and found a back alley where I let it all out and scooped the majority of it into a dustbin with the toilet paper I brought with me. I have never felt so disgusting yet relieved.

Bliv sikker, lort-spøgelse.

moostaffa
Apr 2, 2008

People always ask me about Toad, It's fantastic. Let me tell you about Toad. I do very well with Toad. I love Toad. No one loves Toad more than me, BELIEVE ME. Toad loves me. I have the best Toad.
https://twitter.com/AyoCaesar/status/1113934669148557312

Ash is great

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
On the topic of death and onlineness there was a very moving story doing the rounds on the news sites a few months back, excellent read if you haven't seen it yet

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/disability-47064773

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

Rust Martialis posted:

Bliv sikker, lort-spøgelse.

Mange tak

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
I really don't want to accept Loafer's really gone until there's ironclad confirmation. That's probably an unhelpful attitude to take but it's one more thing I'd rather not have to deal with right now :smith:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
some good making GBS threads on the tories from then QT audience last night

https://twitter.com/robdelaney/status/1114082440530862081
https://twitter.com/bbcquestiontime/status/1113936013313945601

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I've been hoping he's OK but yeah, hard to be hopeful.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

If anyone can pm me some details that they know about seaside loafer, I have some contacts that can help me find things out.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
I've received a hail from the leper colony:

quote:

Rarity wrote on Apr 5, 2019 09:37:

May's request looks like a giant waste of time, so pretty much the same as the rest of her Brexit negotiations.

:rip: Loafer, gonna befoul so many train platforms in your memory, comrade

At this rate, there's gonna be a bizarre spike in train station pooping incidents this weekend....

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006

Sanford posted:

Tenovus Cancer Care is who you want for anything cancer related in Wales. Good lads who do loads of amazing work, including sending massive mobile chemo and radiotherapy trucks to incredibly remote places so people don't have to travel for hours to get their treatment.

ta, chucked a tenner their way :)

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

:rip: trackside pooper

unless you're not dead then don't

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

At this rate, there's gonna be a bizarre spike in train station pooping incidents this weekend....

being dragged into a police car at the train station, caked in poo poo from the waist down, screaming to anyone who will listen, "It's in honour of my dead internet posting friend! He too did a poo poo like I did! Why must you disrespect the deceased!"

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Hearty lol this morning that May sent out a letter asking for June 30 but before the letter even got sent Tusk already said "1 year"

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/world/julian-assange-live-updates-as-wikileads-founder-set-to-be-released-within-hours-a4109971.html

Assange is due to be kicked out of the Ecuadorian embassy within days or hours.

Poor poor Assange.

I feel so so so so sorry for him.

Genuinely.

I really do.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
Is there a bunch of men in dark suits and sunglasses standing next to a black SUV outside the embassy, holding a sack and checking their watches?

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

bump_fn posted:

why would you be in the customs union but not the single market tho

Doesn't destroy our economy, does allow us to have Controls On Immigration mugs.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

fuctifino posted:

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/world/julian-assange-live-updates-as-wikileads-founder-set-to-be-released-within-hours-a4109971.html

Assange is due to be kicked out of the Ecuadorian embassy within days or hours.

Poor poor Assange.

I feel so so so so sorry for him.

Genuinely.

I really do.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Is there a bunch of men in dark suits and sunglasses standing next to a black SUV outside the embassy, holding a sack and checking their watches?

The embassy is apparently liaising with UK police, so he'll be arrested as soon as he steps back on British soil. After that, who knows?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/apr/04/mcjob-stuffed-brexit-ministry-is-government-meta-joke

quote:

Man down. Again. Ministers are now resigning quicker than Theresa May can get round to finding someone to replace them. But Chris Heaton-Harris, the junior minister in the Brexit department who left government on Wednesday over the Leader in Name Only’s decision to appoint Jeremy Corbyn as interim prime minister, will be missed less than most. Not because he was particularly bad at his job but because his job never really existed in the first place.

The Brexit department has become the government’s meta joke. It exists purely so it can be seen to exist. A metaphor for the absence of power. The sole function of Stephen Barclay, Robin Walker and Kwasi Kwarteng – the three remaining Brexit ministers – is entirely decorative. Their jobs are non jobs. McJobs. They may get smart cars, large offices and phones to play games on, but in return they are expected to, wherever possible, smile nicely and say nothing. Something they by and large do very well.

The McMinisters know it, everyone knows it. There was a time before everyone wised up to the existential futility of the department, that several hundred MPs would turn up for Brexit questions. On the morning after the Commons had passed Yvette Cooper’s bill to force the government to seek an extension to article 50 in the event of no deal, there were barely a handful of Tory MPs in the chamber to hear Barclay explain how the government planned to react.

No Grand Wizard of Mogg. No Steve Baker. No Bill Cash. Not even Mark Francois, the bloated blowhard of the paramilitary wing of the ERG who has yet to find something he can’t get red-faced about. Just a few stragglers who hadn’t had a home to go to when the Commons adjourned the previous night. The opposition benches were rather fuller. Just for the entertainment value.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
What does happen to him? Don't Sweden not care any more? But hes still in the poo poo here for skipping on bail. Or maybe jemima khan and ken loach are waiting outside to batter him.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Probably not? He'll be arrested for breaching his bail conditions but most likely just going to be fined for that, it's unlikely we'll even deport him back to Australia.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

NotJustANumber99 posted:

What does happen to him? Don't Sweden not care any more? But hes still in the poo poo here for skipping on bail. Or maybe jemima khan and ken loach are waiting outside to batter him.

the US want him

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Jose posted:

the US want him

the US really shouldn't get him, though, it would retroactively justify his whole hysterical act

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Jose posted:

the US want him

Yes but we're not going to extradite him to Sweden so no chance of him going to the US. As we, the country that will extradite our own citizens to the US, will not extradite him there ....for reasons.....ONLY Sweden will......for unspecified reasons.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

lol if you think theresa may won't deport him to the US the first chance she gets

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

honestly assange clearly sincerely believed that if he were arrested he'd be disappeared into some hosed up black site

he's spent god knows how long cooped up in a tiny embassy, i reckon he's been punished enough

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

V. Illych L. posted:

honestly assange clearly sincerely believed that if he were arrested he'd be disappeared into some hosed up black site

he's spent god knows how long cooped up in a tiny embassy, i reckon he's been punished enough

idk he actively worked to get Trump elected so he can go in the black site and enjoy what those kids in concentration camps got

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

fuctifino posted:

The embassy is apparently liaising with UK police, so he'll be arrested as soon as he steps back on British soil. After that, who knows?

He'll get done for skipping bail, probably receive a fine or light custodial sentence, then the Americans may ask for him to be extradited, all of which makes a total mockery of his and his supporters claims about forcing him back to Sweden so he can be black-bagged.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Yeah but he's a knobhead and it'd be funny.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Nobody should be extradited to the US until they get their loving horrorshow of a prison system under some semblance of control.

If that means we end up harboring terrorists and assanges then so be it.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
I just want Assange to actually get arrested, as opposed to hiding in an embassy cupboard and claiming he's being held against his will because it's doing my loving head in

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
the ideal outcome is he goes to jail for being a rapist and not for pissing off the US govt

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

I'm pretty sure there's nothing concrete that the US would want him extradited, just a whisper campaign by Wikileaks types? I would not be surprised if he walks out, gets a slap on the wrist by a UK court, and fucks off to wherever he pleases.

edit: and whatever he did, isolating yourself in a small embassy for seven years and then finding out it was for naught is a nice, mythologically ironic punishment

Sulphagnist fucked around with this message at 10:26 on Apr 5, 2019

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Tesseraction posted:

idk he actively worked to get Trump elected so he can go in the black site and enjoy what those kids in concentration camps got

The trump government being the one to blacksite him after he helped get trump elected is very ironic

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

V. Illych L. posted:

He was arrested and questioned under caution by the Met multiple times, who also made an appointment for him to surrender for his extradition the day before he decided he was defintiely about to be rendered.

The guy's a rapist trying to avoid consequences for his crimes, gently caress him.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:

http://s1.webmshare.com/MaNOr.webm

Nice.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Jose posted:

lol if you think theresa may won't deport him to the US the first chance she gets

She already had that chance when he was in the UK, sitting in a UK jail. Jesus loving Christ, that's the whole part of his story that just makes no loving sense.

No wait, better to trap him on a rape charge in Sweden, make the UK extradite him to Sweden so he can be whisked off to the US.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Sulphagnist posted:

I'm pretty sure there's nothing concrete that the US would want him extradited, just a whisper campaign by Wikileaks types? I would not be surprised if he walks out, gets a slap on the wrist by a UK court, and fucks off to wherever he pleases.

Nah the US wants him and wants him so badly they charged him under seal but an attorney accidentally spoke about it in an unsealed court filing https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...m=.12efa82263af

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Aramoro posted:

She already had that chance when he was in the UK, sitting in a UK jail. Jesus loving Christ, that's the whole part of his story that just makes no loving sense.

After that it became "Oh Sweden will just extradite him to the US" but as far as I know there has never been any move made by the US to have him extradited. I am happy to be proven wrong!

Edit: Oh yeah, there is a sealed indictment, right