Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
Fire Z Clarke into the Gold Coast Suns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

Spedman posted:

Zac Clarke you tool

I don't understand why they even got him, unless the conspiracy theorists are right and there really was a game of Ruckman Musical Chairs deep in the bowels of AFL House late last year.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

We just woke Melbourne up. Good going Essendon.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.
Melbourne asleep again. How good is the skiing in September anyway?

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
Tippa looked fat and stuffed last week lmao wtf happened in 7 days

Late August September skiing has been ok last few years, weird affect of climate change is it seems to be pushing the winter later, shifting the season slightly. The old official opening of the season, Queens Borthday, is almost always dogshit now

So what Im saying is it's a great time to be a Melbourne fan!

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
Hunts ball drop for set shots is awful.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

monolithburger posted:

I don't understand why they even got him, unless the conspiracy theorists are right and there really was a game of Ruckman Musical Chairs deep in the bowels of AFL House late last year.

He struggled to be the Freo 3rd string ruckman before his injuries, dominated WAFL but was always off the pace at afl level

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

hiddenmovement posted:

Tippa looked fat and stuffed last week lmao wtf happened in 7 days

He was in blistering form in the JLT (despite the overall team form in those games) so it’s been weird that he went straight to being poo poo in the first 2 games and now he’s back to the JLT form

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

It goes back to the same old problem thats kept Johnathan Giles employed and clubs scrambling for Ben Hudson and Shane Mumford to come out of retirement: It's loving hard to find good rucks

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

I feel like Clarke is just a placeholder until Sam Draper is ready (probably next year) but TBell is ageing and has a bad history of injuries so he’s probably also insurance for that too.

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

West Coast must have broke Melbourne late last year, wtf has happened to them

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
As a non-Melbourne supporter I'll be legitimately bothered if their success last year was just a flash in the pan :(

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Brown Paper Bag posted:

West Coast must have broke Melbourne late last year, wtf has happened to them

Actually if you've paid any attention to the demons of the last 3 years the team has always completely crumbled under any sort of expectation

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

come on the draw, we believe in you

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

There's been some bad umpiring and both sides have been unaccountable, but this isn't a bottom 4 clash. If it is this is going be a great season

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

harperdc posted:

come on the draw, we believe in you

Been secretly hoping for this.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

hiddenmovement posted:

There's been some bad umpiring and both sides have been unaccountable, but this isn't a bottom 4 clash. If it is this is going be a great season

As a neutral it’s been quite an entertaining game, only had to turn it off at half time when they were interviewing josh frydenberg :wtc:

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

The demons are bad at football

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Crows co-captain Chelsea Randall will the don the tricolours until at least the end of 2020 after recommitting to the Club for another year.

The 27-year-old surprised her teammates by announcing her commitment to Adelaide at the Crows’ Club Champion dinner on Friday night.

and

Crows Science and Medical Services Coordinator Steve Saunders provided the following update on Paul Seedsman.

"Follow-up examination post game was more encouraging than initial assessments and imaging undertaken today has proved good news for him.

"He has not injured his ACL. Paul sustained significant injury to capsular and bone structures that required MRI to understand these better. We will know more as to time frames for Paul as we assess his clinical progress over the next 5-7 days."

Footy is good again

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say
thank god it's not Geelong playing Essendon into form this year

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
So much for league equalization

https://twitter.com/CrowsAFLW/status/1114120314995318784

(damnit)

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

I wonder what the situation is like at MYUB's house atm :ohdear:

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

You Am I posted:

I wonder what the situation is like at MYUB's house atm :ohdear:

The cheese platter has been overturned

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

gay picnic defence posted:

or is it being microwaved at this very moment?

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

boy undead posted:

That strip would look ten times better with a black sash

I don't think the bombers have played in anything other than a jumper with a red sash (apart from the first few years when all clubs wore blue) on it so any clash strip has it in some form or another.

boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

time to get prolific with
the whiz kid

I don't think the bombers have played in anything other than a jumper with a red sash (apart from the first few years when all clubs wore blue) on it so any clash strip has it in some form or another.

Yeah I get the tradition behind it, it just makes for some arse clash strips

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

harperdc posted:

or is it being microwaved at this very moment?

Onto a plate of corn chips to make some angry/shame nachos

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

At least the Dees will have plenty of new stuff to put on their banner next week

E: I haven't checked social media but I'm assuming that jokes been made many times already

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

boy undead posted:

Clubs should really just let their creative sides run wild with clash strips imo just like the greatest club of the last 60 years

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?

boy undead posted:

90% of clash strips are arse let's not rock the boat here and suddenly start making good ones.

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!

:swoon: :swoon: :swoon: :swoon: :swoon: :swoon: :swoon: :swoon:

In other news, the AFLW draft order has been revealed. I love that it had to be revealed because nobody had planned for how to handle two separate ladders. I wondered if they would go bottom of conference B first pick, bottom of conference A second pick, etc.

Instead, they've just gone in reverse order of wins, but all non-finallists get a pick before all finallists. Hilariously, that means that Melbourne and North Melbourne both get selections before Geelong.

They also had a random lottery to determine the order of selections for the new teams, but really all that mattered was whether St Kilda or Richmond would go first. The order ended up being St Kilda, Richmond, West Coast, Gold Coast.

The AFL has basically also said that if the four expansion clubs aren't able to bring in good players, they'll give them bonus draft picks at the start of the draft. Similar to last year when they gave Geelong picks 1 and 2.

cmndstab fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Apr 5, 2019

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
I’m extremely happy with my decision not to give this garbage club a minute of my time this week, and plan on extending this policy throughout the season.

The thing I hate most about the Melbourne football club is that it makes it so much harder to enjoy neutral games of football because it’s difficult to not have them just be reminders of the pack of lazy overpaid fuckwits that I’m emotionally burdened with.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Just change who you support?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

NPR Journalizard posted:

It's heresy to even speak of such things :stare:

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

cmndstab posted:

Instead, they've just gone in reverse order of wins, but all non-finallists get a pick before all finallists. Hilariously, that means that Melbourne and North Melbourne both get selections before Geelong.

I think I've already previously mentioned my opinion on conferences.. Nonetheless: lol.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

NPR Journalizard posted:

I’m familiar with each of those words individually but have no idea what you said.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

NPR Journalizard posted:

Can confirm this is the way to go. I supported Fitzroy until 1993.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Yeah but you can only change teams if you are under the age of 6 or your team goes defunct.

You can't change team otherwise, unless direct family member is recruited by a team, even then... However you can have a secondary team if you move interstate and need a local team to watch.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

I was 7, gently caress, broken the law all these years!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

I changed from Hawthorn to Freo in 1994 when the club was announced, I was 12 at the time