Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Siljmonster posted:

Anime turns people into fascists.

anime is real fash

old anime from the 80s and 90s still had a lot of anti-authority and anti-imperalism in it and there used to be a proud anti-military streak in japan

modern anime is basically all about national humilaition and japan not being allowed to defend itself because its hands are tied
animefolk sed i woz crazy but like half of the animes i've ever seen in the last few years have a line where someone goes "i forgot, it was the way of the world. The weak die. Only the strong survive!"
i dont watch the little girl slice of life animes that goons like though so maybe those are less fash than just flashy action stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anarchist Mae
Nov 5, 2009

by Reene
Lipstick Apathy
Just a friendly reminder that the chuds are among us:

baquerd posted:

Here's the thing, we both agree on a basic concept: we should help the homeless.

On one extreme end, we should spare no expense and ensure they have 24/7 home care if needed and put up in a comfortable place of their own and given social resources to help them begin to budget, find work, etc. The problem with this is unless you half-rear end everything, the homeless end up with a much better life than your average laborer and there's no incentive to actually try to get on their own feet. There is in fact an incentive to not work at anything unless you really enjoy the work, which doesn't tend to happen at that end of the labor pool.

I'm more in favor of providing them with bare necessities and education, but it has to be somewhat unpleasant in order to provide incentive to no longer be homeless. Welfare dorms with shared rooms, strict rules and schedules, extensive monitoring, and compulsory education and rehab if needed. If they can't deal with it, they are free to leave. If they become a problem to others, it stops becoming an option.

I think we've got some house cleaning to do...

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

Zoinks

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Hey why don't we just throw the homeless in jail?!?! What if we throw all the devil's advocates in a pit and make them what if themselves to death

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 29 days!)

what if we had some officials whose job was to see over the homeless and encourage them to labor when they appear to be slacking?

Anarchist Mae
Nov 5, 2009

by Reene
Lipstick Apathy

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

what if we had some officials whose job was to see over the homeless and encourage them to labor when they appear to be slacking?

Ok, but how are you going to motivate them? Obviously we cannot let the officials hurt themselves as that wouldn't be OSHA compliant. Maybe use tasers?

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Reclines Obesily posted:

three dudes getting owned actually, the sydney reddit discovered he had a plant with him as well as the guy filming it

he’s going to get his skull caved in

Lmao last year one of these guys went to that island off of India with the prehistoric tribe where they kill all outsiders that get too near. The tribe shot multiple warning volleys so the guy kept coming, so they shot him with arrows and let him rot on the beach

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Measly Twerp posted:

Ok, but how are you going to motivate them? Obviously we cannot let the officials hurt themselves as that wouldn't be OSHA compliant. Maybe use tasers?

Like a pepper ball gun that fires rubber balls instead of plastic balls with pepper spray in them. That way they get the motivation to work without the debilitating irritation.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Reclines Obesily posted:

three dudes getting owned actually, the sydney reddit discovered he had a plant with him as well as the guy filming it

he’s going to get his skull caved in

I've had to endured lovely preachers likr that on the subway a couple times

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

KillerQueen posted:

Am I a brokebrain? Because I actually kinda like this video.

if i hadn't been told otherwise i would've assumed it was mocking pepes.

Data Graham posted:

Which image is that? Because the one I'm thinking of is this

(original site's images are rotting slowly away http://www.flamewarriorsguide.com/warriorshtm/evilclown.htm)

this one.

Groovelord Neato has issued a correction as of 13:48 on Apr 5, 2019

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

mandatory lesbian posted:

A guy at work list to some preacher in Philadelphia sometimes and the preacher yesterday morning literally talked about how poor people were all sinners god was punishing and that God would make you rich if you're a true believer and I was quite peeved at the man

I know the religion is just a paper thin excuse to reinforce their beliefs but Jesus explicitly says this is dumb and you're dumb for relieving it lol

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Agean90 posted:

it means their conservatives looking for other conservatives, it's a way for chuds to dogwgistle how reactionary they are to eachother

this is insanely loving stupid lol. lots of normal people just like lovely music

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Crowsbeak posted:

I would hardly call that song country. But country music really has killed itself as a distinct musical genre as it became far more about singing about supposed countriness then it did about keeping a real musical style. Outside of an occasional twang. Compare that to say Funk, Metal, or Punk. All have a distinct style and sound. When I was working my student job the other day I heard something that pretty much sounded like a pop song, but with a slight twang, and the singer talking about "Living in the country". Country Music by becoming a cultural signifier is pretty much dead currently as a genre.

its country, dude. trap country or whatever, but it's still country.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

StashAugustine posted:

I know the religion is just a paper thin excuse to reinforce their beliefs but Jesus explicitly says this is dumb and you're dumb for relieving it lol

What's the logical conclusion from this too? That only 1% of people are the truly faithful, even if they don't belong to your sect? Do all the rich Jews and Muslims get their money from the Devil? The masses of medieval Europe toiled in abject poverty all their lives, and they all believed in God and took it way more seriously than any American Protestant today.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Business Gorillas posted:

The tribe shot multiple warning volleys so the guy kept coming, so they shot him with arrows and let him rot on the beach

Reading this to the "Battle of New Orleans" tune and it rules

Dec 26, 2012

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

What's the logical conclusion from this too? That only 1% of people are the truly faithful, even if they don't belong to your sect? Do all the rich Jews and Muslims get their money from the Devil? The masses of medieval Europe toiled in abject poverty all their lives, and they all believed in God and took it way more seriously than any American Protestant today.

its straight up some cult of mammon poo poo

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

I still don't know why they haven't just started openly worshipping Mammon. Megachurches and "prosperity gospel" are basically Mammon.txt. Or is it because they fear that they may have to tithe some of their hoard to Mammon?

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Randalor posted:

I still don't know why they haven't just started openly worshipping Mammon. Megachurches and "prosperity gospel" are basically Mammon.txt. Or is it because they fear that they may have to tithe some of their hoard to Mammon?

aesthetics op

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Ruh-roh shaggy! Randrords!

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
It's funny as hell that every American Christian, catholic or protestant, is essentially a heretic because american ideology has infiltrated everything

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Siljmonster posted:

Anime turns people into fascists.

What about *anime I like*

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

"it is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than a rich person to enter the kingdom of god"

*flies to my megachurch in the 20 million dollar private jet my congregation bought me*

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp

Silver Nitrate posted:

the person who did the vandalism in Oklahoma City and Norman probably got arrested

she’s 45 and did it by herself??

really weird to see a woman doing this stuff

https://www.tulsaworld.com/news/loc...710824fcb0.html
If she's from Norman, I almost certainly went to high school with her. Don't recognize her, but it was a big school, could be a married name etc ... I really want to find out more about who this person is though. Yikes.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

C2C - 2.0 posted:

Bluegrass is more punk rock than whatever passes for that genre these days

Listen to more IDLES

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Phi230 posted:

What about *anime I like*

everything is fascist, even stuff that clearly isn’t. that’s the most fascist of them all.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Groovelord Neato posted:

"it is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than a rich person to enter the kingdom of god"

*flies to my megachurch in the 20 million dollar private jet my congregation bought me*

:actually:the eye of the needle is a name for a gate in Jerusalem, please visit the giving kiosk out front *preaches in a multi million dollar building*

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

StashAugustine posted:

also thanks for turning me on to william eliot whitmore, he rules

yeah he kicks rear end and you're welcome. great live show too. it's just him up there with his guitar and banjo and feet for percussion. i should see if he is touring

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side
lol

https://twitter.com/EmilyGorcenski/status/1114044276650934272

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Mr Interweb posted:

looks like Sam's decided to finally stop pretending:

https://twitter.com/SamHarrisOrg/status/1113925325585432576

Alliance Defending Freedom? I knew I'd heard that name before.

Ex-Prime Minister and creepy piece of poo poo monster Tony Abbott has hooked himself to them.

Put it this way - even News.com.au thinks they're too extreme.

quote:

FORMER Prime Minister Tony Abbott is booked to speak for an ultraconservative Christian group in the US — and their aim is to take society back to before the Dark Ages.

The aim, which is listed on the Alliance Defending Freedom’s fellowship website, is to “recover the robust Christendomic theology of the 3rd, 4th and 5th century” — a simpler time when gender inequality and homophobia were openly accepted.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/Heritage/status/1113873370880172033

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Reclines Obesily posted:

"why are you triggered sir" just a casual debate on a train

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wP4w6hF50XM

Yeah captive audiencing people is about the worst thing you can do. As an actual Christian I would say this guy should be banned from trains. What he did to me is not just try to witness to people on a sidewalk but block a sidewalk.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/IndyUSA/status/1113799433760792576

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

I feel like I'm having a stroke watching that. What is he actually saying?

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

StashAugustine posted:

Yeah, they are literally going to hell if they promote the poo poo they are promoting.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

https://twitter.com/BasedLaRock/status/1114010042053709824

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Was Nick Fuentes the guy who got kicked out of college for calling ICE on his classmate? Is that all it takes to start in on the grift?

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Business Gorillas posted:

Lmao last year one of these guys went to that island off of India with the prehistoric tribe where they kill all outsiders that get too near. The tribe shot multiple warning volleys so the guy kept coming, so they shot him with arrows and let him rot on the beach

I can't find it, so pretend I posted the AFA logo with bow and arrow saying anti missionary action :redhammer:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Aphex- posted:

Whatever you want to hear.

Also, why are that woman's leg different colours?

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Aphex- posted:

Whatever he's saying, he didn't say that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

love him saying "cry more loser" when dude'll block you for the most tepid own.