Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

https://twitter.com/veebaamonde/status/1113645292971286528

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I feel like Victoria's trying too hard to convince us she's a sociopath.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

I'm reading through her twitter now and this thread is funny:

https://twitter.com/veebaamonde/status/1105079119828656128

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

The Dennis System posted:

Dude, I’ll stop posting in this thread

Awesome. Best of luck!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

That's just Zesty's thing, ignore it and :justpost:

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS
I'm not clear on why Aurora continuing to play the game when the guy running the game has said 'everything's good, keep playing the game' is somehow blame-worthy, either.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

TheCenturion posted:

I'm not clear on why Aurora continuing to play the game when the guy running the game has said 'everything's good, keep playing the game' is somehow blame-worthy, either.

:same: tbh but I suppose when you're there in the heat of the moment the emotions run a little different, and with how some of the players on the bench were reacting maybe they just didn't hear Jeff

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS
Nah, I think it was just Bitch Eating Crackers Syndrome.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

And again, it's worth pointing out that most of the people upset at her were also the people she was essentially calling out as being untrustworthy. So there may very well have been a degree of defensiveness even besides genuine concern for Lauren.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I mean, it's a bad look for Aurora, just objectively, to be negotiating while someone is unconscious on the ground nearby, and it flustered some of the people on the bench to be sure. But I don't blame her one bit for it, she's in the middle of the challenge, which is still going on, and she's still competing in it, and she's focusing on the game that's literally playing out in that moment. After Kama blindsided her last vote it does make sense for her to feel insecure, and to want Kama to make a gesture to prove she's still with them. If the blame for insensitivity lies on anyone it's Survivor for putting her in that position by not pausing the challenge, but evidently they didn't think it was serious enough for that. I wouldn't blame Aurora for the call Jeff and Survivor made.

STAC Goat posted:

As I said I don't like Wardog, I'm actively rooting against Wardog, and I don't think he's played a very good game at all. But he deserves plenty of credit for just scrambling and not giving up. His back against the wall he just ran around talking hoping something would make an impact, and it did. And sometimes that's all you can do.

I may not like him or think he's a brilliant player but he's a tenacious one.
He not only didn't give up, he also made sound arguments to the people he was petitioning. Got to give him credit for not doing like a Ciera Eastin type thing of calling everyone out for "not playing" when they refuse to make moves for the sake of making moves. Instead he laid out exactly what the elder Kama members were planning with David/Devens in a fairly persuasive way.

STAC Goat posted:

I feel like Victoria's trying too hard to convince us she's a sociopath.
Yep haha. I think she rules but she's trying a little too hard to be the Ice Man sometimes, hopefully she's a functioning enough human to actually be a little emotionally invested in her fellow castaways but still get past that when the game demands it

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

I think part of it was the people on the bench had the luxury of already being out of the challenge. Also, they might have been trying to hear what Jeff and the med team were saying and Aurora trying to make a deal would make that harder. I also imagine there was probably a bit of extra annoyance because they consider Aurora outside their group and people tend to associate worse motives to people they already dislike.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Has 'I'll make a deal with you mid-challenge' ever worked out for the person?

Didn't work for Fairplay, didn't work for Siska, didn't work for Yau-Man...

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I think it was probably a flawed strategy aside from the Lauren stuff. If your relationship with your alliance is bad enough that you have to ask them to give you immunity to build trust then it's probably not gonna happen.

But as someone said maybe it served a purpose to be what Aurora needed to be sure she had to flip. Or maybe it was a good show to the Lesus that she was worth trusting that her flip was real.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

ApplesandOranges posted:

Vecepia. She's the reason it started; she told Neleh "I'll drop out if you swear you'll take me to final two," was taken to the final two, and won the game.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Spergatory posted:

Vecepia. She's the reason it started; she told Neleh "I'll drop out if you swear you'll take me to final two," was taken to the final two, and won the game.
To be fair to Neleh, she couldn’t have won versus Kathy either. The jury hated her.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
The game is either on or it isn't. Jeff and the Doc are right there and if the game isn't off then it's motherfucking on. It may have been a bad social move if others had a certain perception of it, but it hardly makes her a monster

The I Will Never Work With You is bad gameplay but it is entertaining as hell and I love him.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

Spergatory posted:

Back in Australia at the merge Tina also stepped down to give Keith immunity but I guess that’s different because ties were broken by previous votes then so she was enduring her alliance would win the tiebreaker.

Aerox fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Apr 5, 2019

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

ApplesandOranges posted:

I think she got something more valuable out of it than an immunity win. The knowledge that they definitely are not on her side.

IcePhoenix posted:

That's just Zesty's thing, ignore it and :justpost:

It is my thing to ostracize people who are lovely about women.

Zesty fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Apr 5, 2019

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

No, it's your thing to make something about gender when it's not, you tried to do it to me last thread too

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I'm gonna spoiler this entire thing but in two parts because the second part teases stuff about the next episode, but Wardog is on the r/survivor subreddit I guess and was talking about what led to the vote this week

THE WARDOG posted:

Here is what i can recall....

The convo with Gavin happened the day before the one with Julia (you can see im wearing a different bottoms)

Between those two conversations my most trusted Ally Kelley came to me and said she had a plan, i told her i was working on something too, but i didnt want to shut her out.

She said that Kama were likely to split the votes and if we can get the 5 of Lesu together we win 5-4-3, only problem being getting rick on board. (so this must be after rick/david talk)

Here is the dynamics of Lesu day 20-22

The Wardog didnt speak to David days 17-22 (complete rivals, but we will work on a common goal because we both understand the game, ill work with anyone if it helps The Wardog, or if I think it does)

Kelley/Lauren and Rick also did not talk days 17-22 (not that i saw)

So on day 21 Kelley asked me to talk to Rick and help bring him on board she said David is down, but supposedly (probably from David) Rick didnt trust us. From the in game interview by Rick you could see he knew i tried to save him day 19, but i did not fight hard enough i guess according to him, so i was the only lesu left after David tried to reason with him. I disliked this idea because i felt that i was gaining inroads with Gavin, but ok....

You saw the disaster that was Rick and I convo and his venom towards Kelley

Then enter my talk with Julia

Then Julia mentioning only 6 of us voting together no mention of aurora and David...(they were not needed to pull this out)

I was blindsided at tribal to find out that Aurora and David was brought into the plan...and it turns out I was not the only one, and perhaps some people got very upset about it after that tribal...i can not say anymore but IMO those two being brought in last minute sets up the chaos thats about to go down Wednesday night.

Enjoy survivor community enjoy the epic downfall....

I love that he calls himself The Wardog in these posts :lol:

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I can go through both of your post histories in these few threads and point out how you two, specifically, make sexist comments frequently. Everyone else here criticizes the games of various women without making sexist remarks.

“The Dennis System” (really? Come on) can’t even make a first post in this thread without saying that Joe’s fiancé(?) isn’t hot enough for him. If you don’t see the sexism in your posts, you need to be called out on it.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Zesty posted:

I can go through both of your post histories in these few threads and point out how you two, specifically, make sexist comments frequently. Everyone else here criticizes the games of various women without making sexist remarks.

“The Dennis System” (really? Come on) can’t even make a first post in this thread without saying that Joe’s fiancé(?) isn’t hot enough for him. If you don’t see the sexism in your posts, you need to be called out on it.

lol

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

It’s posts like this that show you don’t have good faith here.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I am both amazed and not shocked that The Wardog can give a big first hand account of his side of events that basically confesses he didn't talk game to key allies for days on end and was rather out of the loop for the final vote without any suggestion that he thinks these were probably bad things.

Also he claims Wentworth DID send him to talk to Rick because she and Lauren weren't speaking to him. So yeah. Lesu.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Zesty posted:

It’s posts like this that show you don’t have good faith here.

Correct, I have zero faith in your arguments about it because you've never given me a reason to have any on this particular topic. Feel free to prove me wrong.

STAC Goat posted:

I am both amazed and not shocked that The Wardog can give a big first hand account of his side of events that basically confesses he didn't talk game to key allies for days on end and was rather out of the loop for the final vote without any suggestion that he thinks these were probably bad things.

Also he claims Wentworth DID send him to talk to Rick because she and Lauren weren't speaking to him. So yeah. Lesu.

Yeah, it's really interesting but also incredibly bizarre.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I feel like no matter what Wentworth, Lauren, Wardog, David, and Rick tell us after the season we're never really going to feel like we understand how the gently caress they went from that tribal where they were crying together to "We didn't speak for five days."

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

They’re moving Amazing Race up because Million Dollar Mile is bad.

It’s CBS reality show teams. Survivor teams are Corinne and Eliza, Rupert and his wife, Brett and Chris from Millenials vs. Gen X

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
just thinking about a possible "survivor: loonies" season where they bring back coach, phillip, the wardog, etc.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

IcePhoenix posted:

No, it's your thing to make something about gender when it's not, you tried to do it to me last thread too

I also called out The Dennis System for their creepy poo poo, because they're gross and dumb.

JesusSinfulHands
Oct 24, 2007
Sartre and Russell are my heroes

STAC Goat posted:

I feel like no matter what Wentworth, Lauren, Wardog, David, and Rick tell us after the season we're never really going to feel like we understand how the gently caress they went from that tribal where they were crying together to "We didn't speak for five days."

It's the new 'Why did Tyson switch his vote in Heroes vs. Villains?'!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Lone Goat posted:

I also called out The Dennis System for their creepy poo poo, because they're gross and dumb.

I just looked at their earlier posts in this thread and the Sierra stuff was awful, but I guess I didn't see anything in the Aurora posts worth flipping out over.

Also I'm sad that Million Dollar Mile is bombing so hard because I kind of like it but it's honestly not super thrilling to watch, and if it has to die for me to get more Amazing Race then so be it.

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Apr 6, 2019

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

Lone Goat posted:

Yea

I don’t know who IcePhoenix is off the top of my head but Zesty sure isn’t wrong about the Dennis system (lol) so their radar probably isn’t tuned that far off

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
#StandWithZesty

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
I find it weird that Wardog says he's wearing different bottoms rather than different pants.

They're pants man. You don't wear a skirt, they're always pants. Call them pants.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

People who call themselves Wardog are usually bad at athletics and enjoy using fashion terms

freeman
Aug 14, 2018

STAC Goat posted:

He said "I was blindsided" lol. I wouldn't exactly call David and Rick key allies anymore either if that's who you're referring to.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

sportsgenius86 posted:

They’re moving Amazing Race up because Million Dollar Mile is bad.

It’s CBS reality show teams. Survivor teams are Corinne and Eliza, Rupert and his wife, Brett and Chris from Millenials vs. Gen X

When's the date on that? I'm vaguely interesting in watching it but not sure if we should have a new thread or if it's after the season.

TV IV › Survivor Presents - The Amazing Race, Featuring Survivors

Zesty fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Apr 6, 2019

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?

Zesty posted:

When's the date on that? I'm vaguely interesting in watching it but not sure if we should have a new thread or if it's after the season.

TV IV › Survivor Presents - The Amazing Race, Featuring Survivors
17th I think

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Eh. Up to you guys for a new thread. I don't want to derail discussion on this season. (haw)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I think I've posted with IcePhoenix for like a decade and can't think of anything particularly sexist. I guess that's not worth much since I don't post a ton in this thread but I'd say he's good.

Rick fucked around with this message at 08:42 on Apr 6, 2019