Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Pablo Nergigante posted:

If you can deflect several of his sword swipes in a row he’ll go for a huge overhead slash (the camera will pull out a little bit so you’ll know), if you parry that he’ll fall to the ground and you can get 4-5 slashes in

Geeeeeez I just killed him last night by kiting him around and then jumping and slashing when he dove. It was pretty dang stressful. This sounds much better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

VideoGames posted:

Been listening to this at work and holy moly it is wonderful!

Mirror's Edge has always nailed the music. I remember playing the first game a decade back and sometimes just stopped to hang out in an area with cool, chill music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZoHgTle2fw

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

I just want another Fight Night game. The UFC games are crap.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Kilometers Davis posted:

All of these ideas are wonderful :allears:

I hope that comes to the PS4 eventually. I’d really like to play it. I don’t even know much about it.

I bought it for PC but I just can’t bring myself to play games at a computer chair with a computer anymore when I have the sofa and TV downstairs. I have a pretty good monitor too, so it’s not like I’d be losing anything. I’m just weird I guess

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Nah I’m the same. The only computer game I really play anymore is The Sims 4.

Quote-Unquote posted:

The last EA UFC brought me right back to my old Fight Night feeling. It helps that I like MMA more than boxing but they really captured that physical satisfaction that the FN series had going on.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Kilometers Davis posted:

Nah I’m the same. The only computer game I really play anymore is The Sims 4.

The last EA UFC brought me right back to my old Fight Night feeling. It helps that I like MMA more than boxing but they really captured that physical satisfaction that the FN series had going on.

Oh yeah? I've played the first two looking for something to scratch the Fight Night itch but absolutely hated them. I really dislike the pinning thing. But also I like boxing more than MMA so there's that.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Quote-Unquote posted:

Oh yeah? I've played the first two looking for something to scratch the Fight Night itch but absolutely hated them. I really dislike the pinning thing. But also I like boxing more than MMA so there's that.

If you hated them I’m not sure you’ll be converted by 3 but I thought it was a pretty big step forward, mainly after all the post release support. By the way there’s a “stand and bang” mode that only allows kickboxing. No grappling or ground game.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

One of my ideas for a game is a Platinum-style action game but with the aesthetic of a 1930's space opera serial, like Buck Rogers/Flash Gordon style

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Quote-Unquote posted:

Yeah it's such a shame they never put out a good boxing game on PS4, I got UFC 2 and I hated it.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Escobarbarian posted:

I bought it for PC but I just can’t bring myself to play games at a computer chair with a computer anymore when I have the sofa and TV downstairs. I have a pretty good monitor too, so it’s not like I’d be losing anything. I’m just weird I guess

invest in either steam link or a really long hdmi thats what i did (long hdmi cable) and steam controller/360/ds4 wtih big picture mode and playing pc games on the couch is second to none.

Several Goblins
Jul 30, 2006

"What the hell do they mean? Beefcake?"

Pablo Nergigante posted:

One of my ideas for a game is a Platinum-style action game but with the aesthetic of a 1930's space opera serial, like Buck Rogers/Flash Gordon style

I never knew I wanted this, but I'd adore it.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i think my dream game would arcanum getting the fallout new vegas treatment, and as dope as outer worlds looks i'd rather have a TES killer than a mass effect killer.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

JollyBoyJohn posted:

My perfect game would be 100 person battle royale mixed with dodgeball, no real combat persay but maybe a trick system and 2 seperate winners, 1 for surviving to the end and 1 for the highest score. Mobility would be the main focus and there would be classes of some kind.

Last e3 i saw a game very like this. The map is destructible so the more balls you throw the less land there is to stand on which seemed like a fun gimmick.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I want a remake of Smash TV.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

My dream game is Cooking with Micolash.

«Grant us soup! Ahhh, with potatoes, or some say potatoes. Aaaaaarrroooooooo!!»

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

A battle royale where instead of a ring, it's an island that literally sinks, and has a lot of verticality to take advantage of this.

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010
I want someone to remake The Thing PS2 game, except that it actually lives up to the claims that game made about trust/fear/random squad members secretly being things. Also add multiplayer where 1 player is a thing secretly working against the rest of the squad.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

SettingSun posted:

A battle royale where instead of a ring, it's an island that literally sinks, and has a lot of verticality to take advantage of this.

I saw a trailer for some kind of weird Strategy (kind of like a very light version of a civ type game)/Battle Royale game where this happened. It was a terrible trailer, like really bad (so bad it was amusing and that's the only reason I remember it), but the idea looked interesting. Probably a mobile game and no verticality, so not what you're talking about here... but it did have the sinking!

Gravy Jones fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Apr 5, 2019

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Attitude Indicator posted:

My dream game is Cooking with Micolash.

«Grant us soup! Ahhh, with potatoes, or some say potatoes. Aaaaaarrroooooooo!!»

Cilantro, or some say coriander,

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
I thought Assassin's Creed Origins would be the realization of my dream game idea, but it was not. 😔

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

goblin week posted:

I thought Assassin's Creed Origins would be the realization of my dream game idea, but it was not. 😔

I felt similarly let down honestly. It’s not terrible but the pacing is screwed and the skill tree system just feels like you’re gimped for most of the game.

Extremely pretty though, like drat. At least the series is still on point in that respect.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
My dream game as a kid was Smash Brothers with FFVI characters but then I learned Dissidia exists and hoo boy talk about a monkey's paw wish

I was also the original guy who wished they would do Alpha Protocol 2 in the FOX engine but now like 100 MGSV hours later I'm finally sick of the FOX engine, even if it is the best stealth I've ever seen in a game.

I guess right now it would be...a cyberpunk game with the polish and intricacies of RDR2, an Obsidian-style branching plot system with choice and consequences and maybe the nemesis system from Shadow of War thrown in for good measure. And unarmed combat being a viable feature instead of a throwaway gimmick (looking at you, every RPG that's not New Vegas). And a cool homesteading feature where you have to hire help/resolve conflicts/etc only it's a bar because cyberpunk. And the bar has an arcade machine that lets you play Gunstar Heroes in full :colbert:

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

SettingSun posted:

The newest gameplay mode in Fortnite has lava rising to engulf the island.

VideoGames posted:

Quick everyone: What is your dream game? If you want to be detailed, then do it, or just saying something like Solitaire Mixed with Pokemon so we have a rough idea go for it!

While Wolfenstein: Skyreich would be amazing, my dream game is a mixture of crime solving LA Noire, Spider-man superpowers starring the Flash with the story tightness of Horizon and the story choice/vision of Yakuza.

I would play a Flash superhero battling + Barry Allen crime solving game set in Central City rendered with as much detail as Kamurucho from Kiwami 2.
I wanna be Maui.
I want to fight monsters and travel and adventure to find gifts to help my little civilization grow. I want to defeat sea monsters and watch my people build boats for the first time and travel to other places, destroy troll lairs to help their towns expand, I want to shrink down real tiny and battle hordes of giant bugs to preserve crops, I want to grow GIANT and put the moon in place to create the tides, I want the beginning to be me jumping into a volcano to grapple an ancient dragon-bird to bring fire to my people and give them the gift of civilization.

Make it big and bright and colorful and epic.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

My dream game is Sekiro with a cursed version of RE4's dynamic difficulty that makes it just barely too difficult for you to finish.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Vikar Jerome posted:

invest in either steam link or a really long hdmi thats what i did (long hdmi cable) and steam controller/360/ds4 wtih big picture mode and playing pc games on the couch is second to none.

My PC is in my bedroom and the internet is much worse there. Not feasible to get a long HDMI, either :(

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

RBA Starblade posted:

Cilantro, or some say coriander,

This joke is amazing and I won't let it be forgotten.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
I just want a proper Front Mission game :smith:

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

dog nougat posted:

I just want a proper Front Mission game :smith:

You're in luck, because there's at least three of those already.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I'm really struggling to get into Shadow of War. Idk everything about this game seems insanely tedious to me. Its basically the same game as before but it feels like they've added a bunch of unnecessary steps to accomplish the same tasks and even the combat system feels bloated with too many features. I've just started act 2 so I'm finally starting to build an army or whatever but feeling burnt out already

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

fridge corn posted:

I'm really struggling to get into Shadow of War. Idk everything about this game seems insanely tedious to me. Its basically the same game as before but it feels like they've added a bunch of unnecessary steps to accomplish the same tasks and even the combat system feels bloated with too many features. I've just started act 2 so I'm finally starting to build an army or whatever but feeling burnt out already

i was disappointed in the base game too but i thought the weird roguelike dlc was insanely good and fun. i dont think it basically ever goes on sale tho

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

VideoGames posted:

Quick everyone: What is your dream game? If you want to be detailed, then do it, or just saying something like Solitaire Mixed with Pokemon so we have a rough idea go for it!

While Wolfenstein: Skyreich would be amazing, my dream game is a mixture of crime solving LA Noire, Spider-man superpowers starring the Flash with the story tightness of Horizon and the story choice/vision of Yakuza.

I would play a Flash superhero battling + Barry Allen crime solving game set in Central City rendered with as much detail as Kamurucho from Kiwami 2.

I'd love to see an Iron Man open world game with the combat from Vanquish for long range stuff and Metal Gear Revengeance for close range fighting with hand blasts / Nano machine swords against, like, every Marvel villain ever.

Make me build a plastic suit to take on Magneto, a high speed suit to take on Quicksilver, a space suit to beat Galactus at the endgame. Just let me fly anywhere anytime as Iron Man kicking rear end and taking names.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

VideoGames posted:

Been listening to this at work and holy moly it is wonderful!

:kiss: It's probably my most played album in the last 5 years, especially while biking, reading, etc.

Stare-Out posted:

Mirror's Edge has always nailed the music. I remember playing the first game a decade back and sometimes just stopped to hang out in an area with cool, chill music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZoHgTle2fw

The original game had great music, for sure, but they were like 30-second chip-tunes compared to what's on offer in Catalyst, which is basically a huge symphony of electronic music with no reused material

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYuY4qRbVJs

BeanpolePeckerwood fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Apr 5, 2019

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
The official Ryu ga Gotoku Studio Twitter account just mentioned an industry award that Judge Eyes got; that's the first time it's been officially mentioned since the incident.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Best supporting actor for Pierre Taki

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

I want the Sekiro soundtrack

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The Sekiro soundtrack is dope but the way the battle music kicks in and fades out drives me nuts. So often it's like "queue intense battle music, no wait whoops it was just one just guy and you killed him right away. Just gonna fade out and pretend this never happe...oh wait there's another guy! battle music time baby!"

Deadguy2322
Dec 16, 2017

Greatness Awaits

Steve Yun posted:

Best supporting actor for Pierre Taki

That would only be fair, as he clearly had the most lines!

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Deadguy2322 posted:

That would only be fair, as he clearly had the most lines!

:golfclap:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

:master:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
That made me snort so hard my nose hurts (and no I’m not just trying to continue the puns)