Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Picnic Princess posted:

I have zero desire to play with Batman's disembodied frozen testicle.

You can heat it up in a microwave.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Savannah's step dad is pretty cool.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

there is nothing in this world like the love between an older man and his tiny dog

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Anyone post this loving thing yet? Cause I just screenshotted it irl

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Blind Rasputin posted:

A man walks into a resort, and the first sign he sees reads "LOOL AREA"

He was confused and asks one of the employees about it.

“Yes, we have this tradition here, we replace the first ‘P’ of any word that starts with P with an ‘L’ because the owner hates the words that starts with letter ‘P’."

The man thought this was strange, but as long as there were no other rules, he’d be fine. The man toured the resort and eventually came upon the cafeteria.

There was a sign which read, “Serving Lierogies and Lork tonight.”

Thinking about the food made the man hungry, so he went around looking for food. Strangely, in cafetaria he only found two signs that read; line for breakfast and line for dinner, both of which were closed since it was 12:30 PM.

Confused and hungry, the man approached the employee and asked, “Where’s the lunchline?”

Your options are then "pine for breakfast" or "pine for dinner." I think that's precisely the lunchline.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

JoelJoel posted:

This is a funny image. If you don't get it, you're racist. Now explain it to me or admit you're a horrible person.

It's a pun on the term crab watch

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

JoelJoel posted:

This is a funny image. If you don't get it, you're racist. Now explain it to me or admit you're a horrible person.

The crab is wearing an Oyster Perpetual, but this is incorrect, because it is a crab and as mortal as any of us

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Paladinus posted:

You can heat it up in a microwave.

NO

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

fixed

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Phy posted:

The crab is wearing an Oyster Perpetual, but this is incorrect, because it is a crab and as mortal as any of us

Most racist so far. You should feel awful.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

This is very awesome.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

trapped mouse posted:

probably a little of both. like this:

null_pointer posted:

I can't believe I'm asking this, and I deserve whatever happens ... but is this a jerking off joke?

Trump's SA account spotted.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

If you knee-jerk respond to anything about Japan as "weaboo poo poo" then you're probably racist hth

And for like the thousandth time, loving mute GG if you don't like his shtick. At least he's contributing content. Often you have to infer the context a little to understand it, and usually that's not very difficult, but instead of doing that if he posts something even a little bit vague y'all jump in here to complain about it as though he's made some totally impenetrable poo poo post. But then you'll go to the loving meme thread and post some random poo poo with like 10 layers of meme behind it that you need to have seen every meme for the last 4 years to even remotely understand.

So in short, stop making GBS threads up the thread with pages of complaints.

Post funny pictures

voiceless anal fricative has a new favorite as of 19:53 on Apr 5, 2019

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

bike tory posted:

Post funny pictures

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

JoelJoel posted:

This kills the crab.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

E: ^^^- you're a monster. A racist, racist monster.

bike tory posted:

If you knee-jerk respond to anything about Japan as "weaboo poo poo" then you're probably racist hth

And for like the thousandth time, loving mute GG if you don't like his shtick. At least he's contributing content. Stop making GBS threads up the thread with pages of complaints

Post funny pictures

Way to go full Neo with the point. Regardless, you're right about content (and still super racist for not explaining the crab).

I like this one:

Cocaine Bear has a new favorite as of 19:59 on Apr 5, 2019

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

The eyes one is legit cool.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

I figure if he's watching anyway you may as well get an assist

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

The Bloop posted:

Gokuweed420
Feb 1, 2019

by FactsAreUseless
It's funny because crabs don't wear watches.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Gokuweed420 posted:

Mine does.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
https://twitter.com/OhMyMithrandir/status/1114231677025378304

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

You realize that there's an entire country of people who speak Japanese and that 99% of the culture actually has nothing to do with anime, right

See I always assumed this had to be the case, but whenever I see anyone on the internet talking about some good Japanese movie or TV show, 95% of the time it's anime, and 50% of the time it's giant robot or school girl anime. Weeaboos are ruining my entire image of a country.

PaulBearer
Jul 23, 2013

bike tory posted:

Weeaboo doesn't refer to the Japanese, but to idiots from other countries who act like Japan is the promised land based on very limited knowledge of its culture and history and because the lovely schoolgirl anime they jerk off to rarely shows the earthquakes and racism and misogyny and pressure in school and jobs that drives so many people to depression and suicide, and instead depicts how the biggest losers get the hottest chicks which is something they can relate to, and if you can explain to me how this is racist just go ahead.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Gokuweed420 posted:

Does it count if I wrap the watch around my gonads?

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

New Lego Mortal Kombat movie gonna be bomb af

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Ok motherfuckers.

So the crab with three watches is a subversive allusion to one of the Chinese Communist Party's guiding socio-political tenets that it adopted in the mid 2000s as part of its broader modernisation program. It is likely to get you in deep poo poo with the Chinese government.

To explain: that particular kind of crab was used by Chinese people in the early days of the internet to refer to censorship because its name, héxiè, is very pronounced similarly to the Chinese word for harmony (héxié) which has been used as a euphemism for censorship since the social revolution.

The Chinese phrase dài sān ge biǎo means "river crab wearing three watches" and is close to the phrase sān ge dàibiǎo meaning "the important thought of Three Represents", i.e. the name for the aforementioned socio-political tenet adopted by the CCP in the mid-2000s. So the picture alludes to how the CCP uses censorship to achieve its goals.

voiceless anal fricative has a new favorite as of 20:51 on Apr 5, 2019

BillyC
Feb 19, 2013

everythin' under heaven is in utter chaos, cloud

Bread Liar

The Bloop posted:

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

PaulBearer posted:

Weeaboo doesn't refer to the Japanese, but to idiots from other countries who act like Japan is the promised land based on very limited knowledge of its culture and history and because the lovely schoolgirl anime they jerk off to rarely shows the earthquakes and racism and misogyny and pressure in school and jobs that drives so many people to depression and suicide, and instead depicts how the biggest losers get the hottest chicks which is something they can relate to, and if you can explain to me how this is racist just go ahead.

Because by kneejerk responding to anything asian as "weeaboo poo poo" you're defining it by those people and then dismissing it. If you associate all asian things with weeaboos that's your problem.

e: like the pic that started this whole thing was something that had absolutely nothing to do with anime or manga or whatever the gently caress, and someone called it weeaboo poo poo because it had Kanji in the picture. If you don't think that's racist then I have some bad news for you

Son of Thunderbeast has a new favorite as of 20:54 on Apr 5, 2019

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

bike tory posted:

Ok motherfuckers.

So the crab with three watches is a subversive allusion to one of the Chinese Communist Party's guiding socio-political tenets that it adopted in the mid 2000s as part of its broader modernisation program. It is likely to get you in deep poo poo with the Chinese government.

To explain: that particular kind of crab was used by Chinese people in the early days of the internet to refer to censorship because its name, héxiè, is very pronounced similarly to the Chinese word for harmony (héxié) which has been used as a euphemism for censorship since the social revolution.

The Chinese phrase dài sān ge biǎo means "river crab wearing three watches" and is close to the phrase sān ge dàibiǎo meaning "the important thought of Three Represents", i.e. the name for the aforementioned socio-political tenet adopted by the CCP in the mid-2000s. So the picture alludes to how the CCP uses censorship to achieve its goals.

Pffft everyone knows how to use the three sea crab clocks

Gokuweed420
Feb 1, 2019

by FactsAreUseless

bike tory posted:

Ok motherfuckers.

Crabs don't wear watches, normally. The subversion of basic social expectations generates humor. Its funny because crabs don't wear watches.

Solar Tornado
Aug 9, 2016

A true fool keeps on fighting, even when there is no more glory to be gained

😎

Clockwork Sputnik
Nov 6, 2004

24 Hour Party Monster

i'm TATE HAMPS

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

drat straight. You gotta gently sous vide that fucker.

Beast Pussy
Nov 30, 2006

You are dark inside

Do you have a name or a source for this? I'd like to find it big enough to put on my wall.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

I'm Spa, the game.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Beast Pussy posted:

Do you have a name or a source for this? I'd like to find it big enough to put on my wall.

tineye says the original filename is news_press_sun__jun_13__1982_-e1527912925154
But it finds no other instances of the image anywhere besides that one wordpress article, so you probably have to go figure out which newspaper named Sun had an article about video games on June 13, 1982.

e. the article actually sources it:
Pac-Mania reflected in the eyes of a reprogrammed “Pac-Addict”: News Press Sun, New York, “Video Games Striking Fear Into Hearts of Parents” June 13, 1982 Artist Jim Mazzotta
and if you strip the resizing from the html, you get the full size image:

but this looks to me like a high-res scan of a low-res newspaper clipping, complete with crease across the middle.

E. Here's the artist:
https://www.instagram.com/jimmazzotta/
Maybe if you contact him he can send you a better copy.

Even though this "beach art" doesn't look anything like the eyes, I'm sure it's the same guy because of this bio

Leperflesh has a new favorite as of 22:06 on Apr 5, 2019

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

bike tory posted:

Ok motherfuckers.

Nah, it's cause a sea bug has no concept of time. And three is far too many watches!

How's it feel to be mega racist and wrong?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

MrUnderbridge posted:

drat straight. You gotta gently sous vide that fucker.

Boil it mash it stick it in a stew