Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
so just don't go in the room :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Put the telly on the wall

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
Nah, then it makes entering/exiting the room intimidating, and guarantee you'll clip your shoulder on it while drunk one night.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Also a TV directly facing a sliding door seems like glare city

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Board up the balcony doors!

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

The Bloop posted:

Also a TV directly facing a sliding door seems like glare city

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

There are electronic blackout blinds on the balcony, so maybe we can deal with glare, but yeah not going to put the tv in between bed and coffee.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
electronic blinds

??? just like a strange way to say made for TV glare or something else

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

I don't know what you're supposed to call them, automatic blinds? It's a European thing I guess, I'm new here.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
Suspend the TV from the ceiling immediately above the coffee table, slowly rotating so that everyone gets to see it, while keeping it out of the way.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

PurpleXVI posted:

Suspend the TV from the ceiling immediately above the coffee table, slowly rotating so that everyone gets to see it, while keeping it out of the way.

That is super dumb, PurpleXVI. Any given chair will be able to see the TV for less than half the time and will miss important bits. What he needs to do is get a second TV, glue them back to back, then suspend them from the ceiling immediately above the coffee table, slowly rotating so that everyone gets to see them, while keeping them out of the way.

Wait, don't rotate them slowly, rotate them fast. So fast that the flickering images blur together like a film. Then every seat will get a continuous view of the action.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Facebook Aunt posted:

That is super dumb, PurpleXVI. Any given chair will be able to see the TV for less than half the time and will miss important bits. What he needs to do is get a second TV, glue them back to back, then suspend them from the ceiling immediately above the coffee table, slowly rotating so that everyone gets to see them, while keeping them out of the way.

Wait, don't rotate them slowly, rotate them fast. So fast that the flickering images blur together like a film. Then every seat will get a continuous view of the action.

Better yet, 3 TVs in a triangular formation

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

Iron Crowned posted:

Better yet, 3 TVs in a triangular formation

Too many missed angles. Clearly we need a TVtrahedron.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

A disco ball, but it's hundreds of TVs.

e: No, that's too many TVs.

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

Defeated in Diplomacy under suspicious circumstances
Just the one TV, but install large mirrors on all wall surfaces to get an infinite number of TVs visible from anywhere in the room.

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

SurgicalOntologist posted:

There are electronic blackout blinds on the balcony, so maybe we can deal with glare, but yeah not going to put the tv in between bed and coffee.

Do you own this place? If so, you could consider the nuclear option of demolishing the fireplace. Just putting a wood burner in a less irritating spot if you miss it.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

lol just lol if you watch tv in the afternoon

*we have kids and a set tv viewing time policy

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Install TV in throne room. Then post toilet.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Toilet tax

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

there wolf posted:

Toilet tax

The color scheme is oddly calming, but...someone's fetish is showing.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

there wolf posted:

Toilet tax

Is that the light background version of Joistmstr's picture across from the bathshoe?

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

there wolf posted:

Toilet tax

Is the shoesink at the right intended to be wheelchair accessible or what? It looks like it is almost floor level.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Is the shoesink at the right intended to be wheelchair accessible or what? It looks like it is almost floor level.

Kids was all I could think, since there's nothing else wheelchair accessible in the room. I was thinking it was some hotel or spa somewhere.

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

Could be a foot washing sink, I have a hunch that the owner likes feet.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

there wolf posted:

Toilet tax

That's not how you poo poo in a shoe

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Golbez posted:

One year in college my single-occupancy dorm room had only a sink, we had to go to a communal bathroom for a toilet. You bet your rear end I peed in that sink when it was 2am and I didn't feel like putting on shoes and clothes.

Or 2pm and I was lazy.

You wash your dishes in that sink?

d3lness
Feb 19, 2011

Unicorns are metal. Gundanium alloy to be exact...

underage at the vape shop posted:

You wash your dishes in that sink?

Why do you think they were peeing in the sink in the first place?

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
why do you think its called a p trap jesus

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

There was an old woman who poo poo in a shoe...

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

there wolf posted:

Toilet tax

This is phallic imagery, but solely for women. Does that makes sense? Who designed this? Willy Wonka's foot fetish having sibling?

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

value-brand cereal posted:

This is phallic imagery, but solely for women. Does that makes sense? Who designed this? Willy Wonka's foot fetish having sibling?

Do you think women can’t do phallic imagery? Were you around for the last decade and a half of obelisks and pillars and random finials dominating Home Goods decor?

My mom alone probably has like close to 20 or 25 obelisks. I’ll post pics sometime.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Electric Bugaloo posted:

My mom alone probably has like close to 20 or 25 obelisks. I’ll post pics sometime.
Sure, sure. "Obelisks".

https://www.amazon.com/Design-Toscano-Golden-Obelisk-Ancient/dp/B002ZPL9GC

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

there wolf posted:

Toilet tax

I actually like the color/texture scheme here, hate the layout and the fixtures.

It's like the female version of beatmasterJ designed a bathroom for the gentlemen who like lick shoes

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

The shoe toilet looks incredibly awful to sit on.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Imagine how it feels to wear it

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

Don’t judge the owner of that bathroom until you’ve poo poo a mile in their shoes.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

TheManWithNoName posted:

Don’t judge the owner of that bathroom until you’ve poo poo a mile in their shoes.

Or walked a mile on beatmasterJ's bath rocks

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Electric Bugaloo posted:

Do you think women can’t do phallic imagery? Were you around for the last decade and a half of obelisks and pillars and random finials dominating Home Goods decor?

No, I mean more like the female version of phallic imagery, but isn't exactly yonic imagery. Actually this feels like BeatoffMaster's bathroom in an alternate universe. 'Oh, Females like shoes? Well since they make the decision on real estate purchases, surely this bathroom with shoes in it will seal the deal!!!'

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

value-brand cereal posted:

surely this bathroom with shoes in it will seal the deal!!!'

Would you call that a shoe-in?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

TheManWithNoName posted:

That’ll take me at least...a week to poop that much. I don’t have that kind of time!