Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TrekBek
Mar 27, 2013

slug life

hey that me!

he's changed his name to something even more incredibly ironic. also I really do think these guys think she makes money from cosplaying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

ryonguy posted:

Okay, they're still repeatedly and consistently siding with white supremacists in their decisions. Almost as if the article where they talk about getting a foot in the door at tech companies in any way possible is the issue. Especially low level positions such as...

People in those jobs are pressured to make hundreds of calls in a shift based on stupid rules that they don't make or necessarily agree with, with management to punish them when they gently caress up (for varying definitions there of), for not much money

Getting mad at them and not the people responsible for making the policies, official and otherwise, is asinine

Fake edit also the odds of the lowest ring of people actually working for/at twitter and not a company that is contracted to Twitter are pretty low, these people aren't selling their souls to get a cush gig, they're trying to pay rent

BENGHAZI 2 fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Apr 5, 2019

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

TrekBek posted:

hey that me!

he's changed his name to something even more incredibly ironic. also I really do think these guys think she makes money from cosplaying.

what's the absolute inverse of a stan account?

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

420 Gank Mid posted:

A stan account but for someone else

Issy
Jul 15, 2017

https://youtube.com/watch?v=N0iZGMXpquQ

TrekBek posted:

hey that me!

I don't understand the world anymore.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

420 Gank Mid posted:

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

People in those jobs are pressured to make hundreds of calls in a shift based on stupid rules that they don't make or necessarily agree with, with management to punish them when they gently caress up (for varying definitions there of), for not much money

Getting mad at them and not the people responsible for making the policies, official and otherwise, is asinine

Fake edit also the odds of the lowest ring of people actually working for/at twitter and not a company that is contracted to Twitter are pretty low, these people aren't selling their souls to get a cush gig, they're trying to pay rent

Nah, when it's blatant poo poo like getting banned because you told a nazi account to gently caress off, it's pretty drat clear what the person who read the report thinks. I'm not giving anybody the benefit of the doubt over this no matter how overworked they are.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
There was a reddit AMA or something where a Twitter CSR claimed they barely made over minimum wage. So it's basically a lovely call center job.

Dreqqus
Feb 21, 2013

BAMF!
If it's anything like my old lovely support center job there's also a productivity expectation that makes looking at context often, not impossible, but not really realistic. I would often have to just look at the number of reports on a single entity and make a decision based on that so I could reach the numbers I needed to remain employed. This was for a popular MMO well before the chuds were the issue that they are today, not a social media platform in this horrible chudsy future but I imagine the pressures on those folks are pretty similar. To be clear I'm not excusing this but as in most things Capital is the problem, while labor is exploited.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/SjwSpiderman/status/1114152157542924288

Once again, for the cheap seats, "deadlines and women are made to be broken."

Somewhat less ghastly, wasn't one of the reasons EVS got bounced by DC was he couldn't meet deadlines?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Love the projection in the thumbnail background article, calling all sjws a singular Collective because it is obviously we who are living in a bubble with no thoughts of our own

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

It’s just a piece of lifeless plastic that doesn’t even symbolize anything which is why it makes sense for me to cut it up

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

ryonguy posted:

Nah, when it's blatant poo poo like getting banned because you told a nazi account to gently caress off, it's pretty drat clear what the person who read the report thinks. I'm not giving anybody the benefit of the doubt over this no matter how overworked they are.

Cool glad you blame the wage slaves for the decisions of their bosses I guess

But nah I guess anyone who takes a minimum wage job handling reports to try to make rent is actually a Nazi, way more plausible

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Rhyno posted:

There was a reddit AMA or something where a Twitter CSR claimed they barely made over minimum wage. So it's basically a lovely call center job.

If it's literally anything like that big Facebook expose a month or two back they see a reported post, devoid of context, and have to decide based on a list of rules if it violates policy. They do this very quickly and without having any input into those rules. They do it hundreds of times a day, with metrics that are monitored by weirdos in management to make sure you're maximizing their profit off of the Twitter contract, and at the end of the day they get absolutely hosed and go home with no money and PTSD from staring at the worst assholes in the world all day

But yeah

I'm gonna get het up at the people who get poverty wages to compromise their beliefs and not the management who makes the rules and forces those wage slaves to adhere to them

Get right on that poo poo

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
Sometimes I think people apply rejection of the Nuremberg defense too liberally. There's a huge gap between nazis during WWII and Twitter employees, even if one of their bosses is a nazi.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
eh, they are wage slaves and im not gonna argue that we should send the guillotine mobs after em cuz thats dumb, but at the end of the day they are knowingly getting paid to uphold nazi ideals so like, they aren't totally blameless

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Cool glad you blame the wage slaves for the decisions of their bosses I guess

But nah I guess anyone who takes a minimum wage job handling reports to try to make rent is actually a Nazi, way more plausible

Somebody looking at dozens of reports from blatant nazis and bot accounts and thinking "hmm yes this person that told a nazi to go gently caress themselves is the actual problem" is completely culpable for their actions. "Just following orders" hasn't been a legit defense for a long time, hope that helps.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Dawgstar posted:

https://twitter.com/SjwSpiderman/status/1114152157542924288

Once again, for the cheap seats, "deadlines and women are made to be broken."

Somewhat less ghastly, wasn't one of the reasons EVS got bounced by DC was he couldn't meet deadlines?

The way he said it makes it seem like a "trigger the libs" type quote. But if I had considerable brain damage and was an EVS fan I'd be quite pissed off that he's doing these videos and not getting the comic out there. One deadline missed you can forgive and maybe at a push two, but he seems to miss deadlines as a hobby. He says the SJWs are obsessed with him but he seems absolutely obsessed with them, like his job is to make videos and the comic is a side hustle.

Dreqqus
Feb 21, 2013

BAMF!
Making the videos/riling up the chuds is his job now. I wouldn't say making the comic is enough of a priority to qualify as a side gig.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Over ten years ago I overheard retailers chatting about EVS but making what at the time felt like typical dudebro remarks of "well it's his wife you REALLY have to watch out for," with her being the one that was supposedly more strict, more uptight, more conservative. Obviously what I overheard was rumor and opinion coming from guys who worked directly with the couple via conventions and signings, but I think back to that as I watch EVS carry out what's essentially grooming and terrorizing content for his dwindling but fanatic followers to lap up and wonder how complacent the rest of his family is.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

bessantj posted:

The way he said it makes it seem like a "trigger the libs" type quote. But if I had considerable brain damage and was an EVS fan I'd be quite pissed off that he's doing these videos and not getting the comic out there. One deadline missed you can forgive and maybe at a push two, but he seems to miss deadlines as a hobby. He says the SJWs are obsessed with him but he seems absolutely obsessed with them, like his job is to make videos and the comic is a side hustle.

If he actually published the comic he couldn't have anymore "go fund me's" for it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

Over ten years ago I overheard retailers chatting about EVS but making what at the time felt like typical dudebro remarks of "well it's his wife you REALLY have to watch out for," with her being the one that was supposedly more strict, more uptight, more conservative. Obviously what I overheard was rumor and opinion coming from guys who worked directly with the couple via conventions and signings, but I think back to that as I watch EVS carry out what's essentially grooming and terrorizing content for his dwindling but fanatic followers to lap up and wonder how complacent the rest of his family is.

She divorced him. By all accounts because he became a fully insane rear end in a top hat.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

ryonguy posted:

Somebody looking at dozens of reports from blatant nazis and bot accounts and thinking "hmm yes this person that told a nazi to go gently caress themselves is the actual problem" is completely culpable for their actions. "Just following orders" hasn't been a legit defense for a long time, hope that helps.

I'm not sure how you're expecting a random wage slave to know the provenance of all the reporting accounts. Like, most of the ones I've seen quoted here don't have swastikas in the avatars or hitlerdidnothingwrong69 as a name. And that's assuming they have access to the reporters at all and not just like "this post had a bajillion reports for hat speech" or something.

site posted:

eh, they are wage slaves and im not gonna argue that we should send the guillotine mobs after em cuz thats dumb, but at the end of the day they are knowingly getting paid to uphold nazi ideals so like, they aren't totally blameless

I am sure that these people taking a thankless and lovely job because that's the only way to avoid starving on the streets are the people to blame for the nazi ideals of twitter.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
as someone who literally works for slave wages in a MIC contractor business, i know that i have a very tiny amount of complicity in what happens because of it, so maybe shove your sanctimoniousness up your rear end

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

site posted:

as someone who literally works for slave wages in a MIC contractor business, i know that i have a very tiny amount of complicity in what happens because of it, so maybe shove your sanctimoniousness up your rear end

So then what's your point?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
the same as it was the first time

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

If it's literally anything like that big Facebook expose a month or two back they see a reported post, devoid of context, and have to decide based on a list of rules if it violates policy. They do this very quickly and without having any input into those rules. They do it hundreds of times a day, with metrics that are monitored by weirdos in management to make sure you're maximizing their profit off of the Twitter contract, and at the end of the day they get absolutely hosed and go home with no money and PTSD from staring at the worst assholes in the world all day

But yeah

I'm gonna get het up at the people who get poverty wages to compromise their beliefs and not the management who makes the rules and forces those wage slaves to adhere to them

Get right on that poo poo

I'm glad we're on the same page about this.

And btw, I still feel like an rear end for pissing you off a few months back. Gonna keep apologizing for being a dipshit. Expect to see that randomly in the future.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Dreqqus posted:

Making the videos/riling up the chuds is his job now. I wouldn't say making the comic is enough of a priority to qualify as a side gig.

Skwirl posted:

If he actually published the comic he couldn't have anymore "go fund me's" for it.

Probably showing my naïvety. I guess I thought EVS to be saying something like "Forget those comics with politics. I'm doing comics that have men with big muscles and women with big tits and awesome fights. Fund me and you'll get a copy." I guess I forgot it's all about the grift.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

According to something I read EVS is under a tax lien. He duck out on paying a house? I wouldn't put it past him.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
This is more gamergate than comicsgate, but chuds are gonna chud. I just backed this kickstarter because the game looks CUTE AF plus you know some man child is huffing in anger at this existing.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1885319905/calico-magical-girls-running-cat-cafes-0?ref=thanks-share

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I saw some chatter that he's incredibly cash poor, once the GFM/KS/IGG well dries up he's probably going to end up homeless.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Rhyno posted:

I saw some chatter that he's incredibly cash poor, once the GFM/KS/IGG well dries up he's probably going to end up homeless.

Food $200
Data $150
Rent $800
Female Action Figures $3,600
Utility $150
someone who is good at the economy please help me budget this. my family is dying

Issy
Jul 15, 2017

https://youtube.com/watch?v=N0iZGMXpquQ

IUG posted:

Female Action Figures $3,600

🤔 I wonder...

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

site posted:

the same as it was the first time

That we are all tainted by sin, I guess?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
do you think trying to rephrase it in religious terms is some sort of gotcha

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

site posted:

do you think trying to rephrase it in religious terms is some sort of gotcha

No, I'm just not sure what point you are trying to make by assigning "blame" to people doing terrible work for shitheads because otherwise their option is to be homeless.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Rhyno posted:

I do wonder how many of the people who are pursuing this sort of grift are true believers, vs. those who are doing it to hopefully catch the attention of some dark-money font, the way Milo was for a while to the Mercers.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Puppy Time posted:

No, I'm just not sure what point you are trying to make by assigning "blame" to people doing terrible work for shitheads because otherwise their option is to be homeless.

I mean I could just gesture broadly up the page to the discussion from which this stemmed but I don't think it would do much good, considering your replies

Wanderer posted:

I do wonder how many of the people who are pursuing this sort of grift are true believers, vs. those who are doing it to hopefully catch the attention of some dark-money font, the way Milo was for a while to the Mercers.

Has there ever been a big money backer for a cgator?

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Puppy Time posted:

Since Benghazi mentioned the article about Facebook moderators it seems like a good idea to link it here for an idea of what it's like to moderate reports on a massive social media website:

https://www.theverge.com/2019/2/25/18229714/cognizant-facebook-content-moderator-interviews-trauma-working-conditions-arizona

Nuns with Guns fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Apr 6, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013

Puppy Time posted:

I'm not sure how you're expecting a random wage slave to know the provenance of all the reporting accounts. Like, most of the ones I've seen quoted here don't have swastikas in the avatars or hitlerdidnothingwrong69 as a name. And that's assuming they have access to the reporters at all and not just like "this post had a bajillion reports for hat speech" or something.

I am sure that these people taking a thankless and lovely job because that's the only way to avoid starving on the streets are the people to blame for the nazi ideals of twitter.

They could try looking at the loving reported tweets?

https://www.splcenter.org/news/2019/04/05/twitter-locked-me-out-my-account-reporting-extremists