Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
Gunzheng + Scattershot is a thing of aimless, chaotic beauty :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
The one thing I want in the last update is to make the oubliette only cost one key instead of two because depending on drops/shop size sucks for everyone besides the pilot

Also I’m curious if the paradox will have unique sprites for the rat punch out. After beating him with all four characters on full boss runs (oh god the robot was hell) I’m psyched to beat him up again and again and again

Destro
Dec 29, 2003

time to wake up

Desperate Character posted:

The one thing I want in the last update is to make the oubliette only cost one key instead of two because depending on drops/shop size sucks for everyone besides the pilot

Also I’m curious if the paradox will have unique sprites for the rat punch out. After beating him with all four characters on full boss runs (oh god the robot was hell) I’m psyched to beat him up again and again and again

I don't think the Oubliette is that bad of a price. Two keys for a floor's worth of casings, boss drop, secret room chance, two chests, another shop inventory, and possible shrines or other npcs isn't a bad price. Oubliette is almost always worth doing and the only time I debate on it is if there is an S chest on floor 1 and I only end up with two keys. With only two keys I'll just junk every other chest including A as A tier items are mostly disappointing on the whole, and I think destroying an A chest reduces the magnificence same as with opening it. You'll have a boss gun drop if you cleared the first floor with the starting weapon, and if that's not a good gun, Blobulord is easy and can be handled fine with a pistol. I mostly like that Oubliette makes it real easy to save for the rat key while still having enough money to buy 2-3 keys along the way or a cheaper item if like a lead skin is for sale or something. Being able to go to the rat every run is almost too OP as when you get the punch out down 4-5 keys off him is easy and the items from his chests and punchout drops just snowball the entire run.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Destro posted:

With only two keys I'll just junk every other chest including A as A tier items are mostly disappointing on the whole, and I think destroying an A chest reduces the magnificence same as with opening it.

In that case would it be better to skip them entirely?

Destro
Dec 29, 2003

time to wake up

Nevvy Z posted:

In that case would it be better to skip them entirely?

They do have some pretty good drops, so I'll open them if I have the keys, but not if it means not going to the Oubliette. Destroying the chest in that case seems to drop the magnificence so you'll end up getting 2 more A or S chests or boss drops along the way especially if you do Old King. And if you do rat his punch out drops don't seem to be affected by magnificence either.

Apr 23, 2002
I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. Wait...
Update is OUT y'all, go pet that motherfucking dog

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
TWO new characters to unlock! YES.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

255 posted:

Update is OUT y'all, go pet that motherfucking dog

Update of the year right here

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Someone go inform that twitter that keeps track of Can You Pet The Dog

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Reinstalled with a new game. First attempt with pilot, got all the way to the end. Second attempt, finished the bullet and improved the Ruby bracelet. Still got it.

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Black August posted:

Someone go inform that twitter that keeps track of Can You Pet The Dog

Already done.

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.
Not a whole lot of info out there yet on how to access any of the new content, eh?

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

il serpente cosmico posted:

Not a whole lot of info out there yet on how to access any of the new content, eh?

Actually, it's all revealed already.

1st Char: Somewhere on Floor 3, at random, there will be a puddle of weird space goop. Press interact on it and your character will get space gooped. Finish the run (either through past kill or lich kill) and you unlock them.

2nd Char: Beat the game using 1st Char, you immediately get sent into a run with this char. Beat the run with them and you unlock em.

New Floor: Somewhere on the fourth floor the creep guy with the grate who eats your items spawns in a unique room. Feed him any two items + a Master Round and the grate blows up, allowing access to the new floor.

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Infinity Gaia posted:

Actually, it's all revealed already.

1st Char: Somewhere on Floor 3, at random, there will be a puddle of weird space goop. Press interact on it and your character will get space gooped. Finish the run (either through past kill or lich kill) and you unlock them.

2nd Char: Beat the game using 1st Char, you immediately get sent into a run with this char. Beat the run with them and you unlock em.

New Floor: Somewhere on the fourth floor the creep guy with the grate who eats your items spawns in a unique room. Feed him any two items + a Master Round and the grate blows up, allowing access to the new floor.

Thanks buddy! I checked the wiki this morning but the DLC page just said something to the effect of, "Not much is known yet."

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I was suspecting the new floor would have something to do with that guy.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
You can't enter the new secret area if you have flight. :argh:

E: and my game crashed while I was down there. Didn't even get to see much.

Jibo fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Apr 5, 2019

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

The new floor was funny but not very long nor did it give much loot. I guess it's much less annoying to get to than the rat at least.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Orbital Bullets are loving terrible. They're funny, certainly, but they prevent explosives from detonating on contact with terrain, they uncontrollably blow up barrels anywhere you go, and they can phase through walls and destroy chests in rooms you haven't even entered yet.

quidditch it and quit it
Oct 11, 2012

There’s an item that has a synergy with the Tangler and gives it round bullets, that crashes the game when it hits one of the bullet enemies on PS4. I forget what it was though.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Nothing happened after I beat the new secret floor. Boss died, I can't teleport and a ladder appeared that I can't interact with. Is this a bug or did I miss something obvious?

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
I found a Beholster shrine, that apparently said it could hold guns. It didn't take any of the ones I had, though.

I assume it requires guns that the Beholster usually carries.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

No Wave posted:

Nothing happened after I beat the new secret floor. Boss died, I can't teleport and a ladder appeared that I can't interact with. Is this a bug or did I miss something obvious?

Far as I could tell you just have to jump off and it'll send you back to the next floor.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Thanks! I had two armor and was scared of testing it. I have black hole gun so why was I worried? Idk.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Rainbow runs are... interesting. It kind of sucks that even the shops are stripped bare.

I did slaughter the Lich (and everything else in the world, including the resourceful rat) on my first rainbow run due to having a Yari Launcher duct taped to a Makeshift Cannon in combination with the Holy Grail, though, so maybe it's fine the way it is :v:

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

Beat 1 regular, then 1 Rainbow run, haven't seen any space goop, or whatever, so far. The Rainbow run was hilarious broken, started with Gungine, Railgun from the Oub, Gundromeda Strain on 2, Plat Bullets from Chapel, Gull spawning ticket from 3, Mourning Star at the start of the rat, who then dropped a medkit & fat bullets as the best two from punch-out, Omega Bullets floor 4, skipped the silly extra level, Broccoli on 5, could have gotten Clone in Hell but decided on just ending the slaughter there. Oh yeah, and I found a angel shrine somewhere in there.

It was insanity, just sprinting through rooms towards bosses then annihilating them. I'm kind of disappointed there isn't an unlock for beating it.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

Rainbow runs are somehow simultaneously extremely overpowered and not very interesting. The fact that if you find a normal rainbow chest, the guy will let you open it and keep everything still is neat.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Did the rainbow run and there was an elimenthaler in the first chest. Not a very interesting run, but that seems to be the norm.

Destro
Dec 29, 2003

time to wake up
Rainbow runs seem to be easy mode run if you know what to pick. And is the gunslingers Lich's Eye Bullets what makes him synergize with like loving everything?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Did the update help fix how slow the first floor or two can feel?

I've never finished a loop and at this point I probably never will.

I've gotten Plat God in BOI but this game just hasn't clicked yet.

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Inzombiac posted:

Rainbow run might help with that. I never minded the early game because it's over relatively quickly, but aside from the rainbow mode, I don't think the update did anything to change much about the early game.

quidditch it and quit it
Oct 11, 2012

How do you start a Rainbow run? Can’t seem to find anyone to talk to about it in the lobby on PS4.

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
It's an NPC you rescue. Just do a regular run and wait for a special locked door and the golden key. You know the drill.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

man these devs have a real hard-on for not adding fun new characters, always has to be some drat bullshit

let me play as the fish guy

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

Inzombiac posted:

Gungeon will almost never be a total cake walk slaughter on the first floor or two unless you're drat good at the game. If you know the guns and items in the game Rainbow runs can really, really accelerate your ability to completely and effortlessly demolish everything in front of you, which seems to be a potential draw to Isaac. I doubt I'll do another rainbow run.

If, or once, you get good enough the 1->Oub->2->Abbey->3->Rat path nearly guarantees that you walk out with a Lich beating arsenal, even if you don't pick up the fixed ezmode Rat items.

If you haven't played EtG since the AG&D update definitely give it another shot. The game is more forgiving and there is a whole new synergy system that regularly helps boost your power up a few amps.

juggalo baby coffin posted:

man these devs have a real hard-on for not adding fun new characters, always has to be some drat bullshit

let me play as the fish guy

You can't even do high curse runs with the new characters :(

Destro
Dec 29, 2003

time to wake up
Gunslinger poo poo The Gunslinger is definitely easy mode even more so than rainbow I think, his passive is that he synergizes with loving everything so every gun you get is gonna have the best synergies straight away, and it's not just one synergy its all the synergies for every single gun. With rainbow you just have to know items and its a breeze, Gunslinger you don't have to know anything, but to get him you will already be fairly decent, so it seems like both rainbow and Gunslinger were added to let people have an easy run if they want.

Also found the unfinished gun and brought it to the smith, but no dialogue, she did say she wanted a ruby bracelet though. I think the unfinished gun can be finished but maybe not. There was that screenshot in patch notes showing the finished gun.

Destro fucked around with this message at 11:28 on Apr 6, 2019

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Oh god I was afraid we'd never finish that drat gun.

quidditch it and quit it
Oct 11, 2012

The game seems to be crashing at lot for me, it’s even just crashed at Door Lord with none of the new items on me. I hope they patch this before they call it a day because it’s doing my head in.

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
Gunslinger + Betrayer's Gun + Metronome is such a hilariously op combo and then you start getting bullet upgrades :devil:

if you don't know what happens, Betrayer's gun usually synchronizes with Lies and gives you an INFINITE ammo gun that deploys a shield on reload

I beat the Gunslinger past on my first run doing every single extra boss in the game

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

I was curious so I looked it up, the unfinished gun can be finished by 100% unlocking the ammonomicon, that presumably includes the high dragunfire so have fun literally never accomplishing that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009

Einwand posted:

I was curious so I looked it up, the unfinished gun can be finished by 100% unlocking the ammonomicon, that presumably includes the high dragunfire so have fun literally never accomplishing that.

they did say they increased rare room spawns but esh that sucks

at least with rainbow runs you can quickly restart to get the A/S new weapons and items