Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Shai-Hulud posted:

As before. I'll send you one if you are in europe. Intercontinental shipping would be to expensive though.

Yeah, I'm in the US, so RIP.

SHIRT is NEED
SHIRT is not HAVE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
Nudges for ???-11 Security Check?

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Fedule posted:

Nudges for ???-11 Security Check?
Only two tiles are different from ???-8, VIP area. Have you been able to make use of them?

Slightly more specific: One of the changes does nothing but prevent you from using the previous solution. The other change must be used somehow.

EDIT: For a question of my own, where should I be at completion-wise if I'm playing on Switch? I'm at 215/11/3 without having finished A Way Out? (because it has annoyed me for some reason), and I keep seeing stuff about patches adding levels and stuff. I might have to wait for the Switch patch to make it easier to see which area I'm missing something in, 'cause I think I'm missing one level.

Martman fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Apr 4, 2019

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
NVM figured it out literally within a minute of the above hint being posted

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Noice! It's so mysterious what leads to breakthroughs in this game, but taking a break has led me to so many "oh duh" things in levels I've been utterly broken by.

EDIT: lmao I just immediately figured out A Way Out? after my post, go figure. So I'm at 216/11/3 on the Switch version, is that all until the patch? I hope I didn't forget to actually win a Level is ____ level, but I coulda sworn I made sure.

Martman fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Apr 4, 2019

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
Okay here's actual questions, sorta related to above;

I got to ??? by playing the levels on the other side of the 7 flower door and making LEVEL IS BABA and LEVEL IS FLAG. It strikes me that I don't think I ever actually won the first of those levels, but I can't seem to revert Baba back into a level, and hitting restart on the map just moves the Baba and Flag back to their starting positions. How do you revert them?

Similarly, in ???, there's an inaccessible level I assume needs to be accessed by making LEVEL IS BABA somewhere and pushing a rock into the water. The only stage I can see that looks in any way like that that's possible is Turn The Corner, but I can't see any way to actually make that combo. Advice?

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Fedule posted:

For the first question: The Cursor is a separate entity from You. The Cursor needs to be on a level in order to access it. Experiment with moving around Baba and the Cursor separately to see how they interact.

For the second, I don't remember the level super well or have a ton of time at the moment, but, you are correct in your assumption regarding what you have to get done there.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Fedule posted:

I got to ??? by playing the levels on the other side of the 7 flower door and making LEVEL IS BABA and LEVEL IS FLAG. It strikes me that I don't think I ever actually won the first of those levels, but I can't seem to revert Baba back into a level, and hitting restart on the map just moves the Baba and Flag back to their starting positions. How do you revert them?

Similarly, in ???, there's an inaccessible level I assume needs to be accessed by making LEVEL IS BABA somewhere and pushing a rock into the water. The only stage I can see that looks in any way like that that's possible is Turn The Corner, but I can't see any way to actually make that combo. Advice?

First question: You don't need to revert them.
Second question: That's the right level. I loved figuring out how to do that one, actually.

Beekeeping and You
Sep 27, 2011

http://zandraart.tumblr.com/post/183892212251/baba-is-good

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
you can replay levels that have been turned into objects via Shenanigans by overlapping the cursor on them and pressing the "start level" button

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
how is

how KEKE get PRAGNENT

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
skull house is some bullshit

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
not asking for info on secrets or eastereggs, but there's roughly 100-ish levels in the game right? I'm at 81 dandelion seeds and 4 sparkles and have had a pretty smooth ride so far (besides brainfarting around with evaporating river for far too long) and i kind of want it to keep going forever

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

RoadCrewWorker posted:

not asking for info on secrets or eastereggs, but there's roughly 100-ish levels in the game right? I'm at 81 dandelion seeds and 4 sparkles and have had a pretty smooth ride so far (besides brainfarting around with evaporating river for far too long) and i kind of want it to keep going forever

No, there’s roughly 200.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

DalaranJ posted:

No, there’s roughly 200.
:toot: fantastic to hear that, thanks

Also more of a general question, is there a way to determine the next location for the "YOU" block in this constellation? (solution drafts for Further Fields)

Sometimes it seems to go up, sometimes right, depending on some invisible hidden execution order of "simultaneous" actions.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
It's based on object creation order, so no. In general though you shouldn't need such a solution.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
Yeah you never need to do that.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

It could be useful, or at least interesting, to add an option for turbo-nerds where objects could have a little number in the corner indicating their turn order.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Fragile Existence:

I haven't solved it yet but I made the phrase "level is key" and now that level on the map is represented by a key instead of a number. I have serious concerns about the implications of that.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

DalaranJ posted:

No, there’s roughly 200.

Where are all of them hiding? I have 150 or so completed levels, 10 flowers, and there doesn't seem to be anywhere else to go. There are only ~6 unbeaten levels left that I can get to. There's a lone dot on a tiny island on the bottom corner of the map screen but there doesn't seem to be a way over there. Is there a path unlocked through one of the zones in one of the levels I haven't beaten yet?

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Nep-Nep posted:

Fragile Existence:

I haven't solved it yet but I made the phrase "level is key" and now that level on the map is represented by a key instead of a number. I have serious concerns about the implications of that.

I know right? I love this game so much

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Same level, Fragile Existence:

I went back in and tried making "Level is Baba" and now I understand that the overworld is a level that I will eventually have to solve but uh now I can't get back into 09. This game is otherwise very well made so I am assuming I can eventually fix this but oops.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Nep-Nep posted:

I went back in and tried making "Level is Baba" and now I understand that the overworld is a level that I will eventually have to solve but uh now I can't get back into 09. This game is otherwise very well made so I am assuming I can eventually fix this but oops.

all you have to do is put the cursor on baba and select

also (maybe slightly bigger spoiler) you can actually complete the baba if you want

Qylvaran
Mar 28, 2010

Nep-Nep posted:

You can get back to it without too much difficulty, although it's a little fiddly. The rules for levels becoming objects and how they interact with the cursor are worth spending some time investigating, as they're not completely intuitive, and they're never spelled out.

Hint: whether the space you're on is a dotted line matters.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Straight White Shark posted:

Where are all of them hiding? I have 150 or so completed levels, 10 flowers, and there doesn't seem to be anywhere else to go. There are only ~6 unbeaten levels left that I can get to. There's a lone dot on a tiny island on the bottom corner of the map screen but there doesn't seem to be a way over there. Is there a path unlocked through one of the zones in one of the levels I haven't beaten yet?

Did you beat the map?

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Martman posted:

It could be useful, or at least interesting, to add an option for turbo-nerds where objects could have a little number in the corner indicating their turn order.

as someone who 100%ed DROD: Second Sky, this is really not a road any puzzle game wants to go down

President Ark
May 16, 2010

you should mess around with the levels that were behind the 7-flower gate (iirc, 8-10 on the overworld)

explicit spoiler: in the level to the left (9, fragile existence), form LEVEL IS BABA; in the level on the right (10, hostile environment), form LEVEL IS FLAG; then, on the overworld map, move baba into the flag

President Ark fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Apr 5, 2019

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

eagerly awaiting your return to the thread after having your mind blown

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
General spoilers probably for fairly far into the game:

I just solved the overworld and now I can go to ??? I think I'm gonna not touch this until I have finished most other places. Additionally I have also managed to get to the dot level on the island that was just Baba, a flag and no rules, which solved upon touching the flag. Very weird.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

Nep-Nep posted:

General spoilers probably for fairly far into the game:

I just solved the overworld and now I can go to ??? I think I'm gonna not touch this until I have finished most other places. Additionally I have also managed to get to the dot level on the island that was just Baba, a flag and no rules, which solved upon touching the flag. Very weird.

Weird that there isn't any FLAG is WIN text, isn't it?

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

I just solved Alley. I love this game.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Einwand posted:

Weird that there isn't any FLAG is WIN text, isn't it?

Yeah, I have absolutely no idea what to make of that one at this time but it's gonna be on my mind.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

Nep-Nep posted:

Yeah, I have absolutely no idea what to make of that one at this time but it's gonna be on my mind.

Also no BABA IS YOU text. Weird, huh? Almost as if there's more to that level.

explicit spoiler: start the level and just hold left until something happens

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
With regards to the above post by President Ark:

I didn't read your spoiler but that you had more to say about the level had me go poking back in and I noticed that I couldn't touch the upper left corner. I'm gonna comb the level but the rules are just invisible or something, right? If I can undo that maybe there's more to learn.

edit: HIDE? I am SO offended this game is the best.

Nep-Nep fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Apr 6, 2019

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
Can someone give me a vague hint on Cavern-5, Peril at Every Turn? I don't know what it is about this level but my mind is just loving frozen on it. This shouldn't be that hard, there's only five manipulable words!

Also I've seen some talk about Cavern-14 Tunnel getting changed in the patch, but I'm playing on Switch and it hasn't dropped here yet. What's the change?

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

Can someone give me a vague hint on Cavern-5, Peril at Every Turn? I don't know what it is about this level but my mind is just loving frozen on it. This shouldn't be that hard, there's only five manipulable words!

Also I've seen some talk about Cavern-14 Tunnel getting changed in the patch, but I'm playing on Switch and it hasn't dropped here yet. What's the change?

Vague hint: Avoid peril.

As for tunnel, I think a couple of extra walls were added to stop certain shenanigans.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Dean Keke said that if Skull House breaks one more rule they’re going on double secret probation.

*Skull makes “Lava is Hot” and “Exams is Melt and Push”*

Keke: Skull House!

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

The 16-bit retro-future of crustacean-based transportation
All right, I need some hints on Depths Extra-4 (Buried Treasure). I understand this level was patched recently (like yesterday) and I don't know what it looked like before, so bear that in mind if you're a Switch player I guess. I can make Keke is You just fine the same way the previous level worked, but then the You just gets pushed into the lava. I suspect there might be some double-move-across-the-lava thing you could do, but I don't know how that would help me. If I could make Baba is Move in the space between "You" and the lava it would work, but I can't figure out how. Having two Babas doesn't seem to do anything either; I thought of lining up "Baba is Keke is You" vertically with one Baba up top and one in the middle, but then I can't push You all the way to the right to link them all up. Help? Just point me in the right direction.

Hyper Crab Tank fucked around with this message at 11:26 on Apr 6, 2019

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

All right, I need some hints on Depths Extra-4 (Buried Treasure). I understand this level was patched recently (like yesterday) and I don't know what it looked like before, so bear that in mind if you're a Switch player I guess. I can make Keke is You just fine the same way the previous level worked, but then the You just gets pushed into the lava. I suspect there might be some double-move-across-the-lava thing you could do, but I don't know how that would help me. If I could make Baba is Move in the space between "You" and the lava it would work, but I can't figure out how. Having two Babas doesn't seem to do anything either; I thought of lining up "Baba is Keke is You" vertically with one Baba up top and one in the middle, but then I can't push You all the way to the right to link them all up. Help? Just point me in the right direction.

The hint that finally got me on the right track was you need two Babas.

If you want more, in escalating explicitness (but with none outright spelling out the solution):

As cool as the double-push-Text-across-the-lava maneuver is, it's unnecessary. The lava is mostly irrelevant.

All of the necessary statements are vertical.

Getting everything positioned so you can safely and repeatedly move YOU is the first goal.

Getting KEKE positioned properly is the next.

KEKE needs to be all the way to the left, to the left of YOU, and you need to figure out how to get it there.

Good luck. It might be one of my favorite puzzles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
I noticed in writing up those hints that I had to open the game up to write them out, because the solutions in this game are VERY easy to forget. In a way this can be frustrating, especially when a level calls for you to redo quirks that previous levels relied on*, but as an upside it's going to make this game really replayable once I give it time and forget everything. The only other puzzle game I can think of where that applies is DROD, and considering DROD's maybe the best puzzle game ever made that's a really good sign.

* VIP Area needing Prison's text-overlap trick was rough, and Crushers requiring the double-shift trick was probably the most frustrated I've been with the game; part of that was that I was staying up too late, though.