Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

General Dog posted:

Low scoring games own

counterpoint, low scoring games suck rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

one team is represented by Kirk Cousins, who tried to trademark "YOU LIKE THAT!"

the other is represented by Patrick Mahomes, who threw for 50 TDs this year

the choice is yours

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
This game will come down to whoever decides to suck less first.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Good to be reminded that ruining basketball games is a proud Bennett Family Tradition

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
Guns up

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
Candace :allears:

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
did he just call her kansas

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Ask me how to run a good team into the ground.

Chief McHeath posted:

Tom Izzo supports sexual assault.

This.

Tom Izzo is a colossal piece of poo poo and it irritates me that everyone seems to buy into his Aw Shucks mannerisms

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

MourningView posted:

Good to be reminded that ruining basketball games is a proud Bennett Family Tradition

lol

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Caught the first half of the game on the radio driving back from somewhere and Jim Gray interviewed Jay Wright and compared the double dribble no call to the Saints/Rams NFC Championship no call. Asked Wright if coaches should be able to call for reviews of things like that. Wright purposely dodged the question and said on the foul call at the end it could go either way so he wasn't in favor of it.

Anyway, get ready for a lot of those type of hot takes.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Grittybeard posted:

Saints/Rams NFC Championship

who fuckin cares!

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Grittybeard posted:

Caught the first half of the game on the radio driving back from somewhere and Jim Gray interviewed Jay Wright and compared the double dribble no call to the Saints/Rams NFC Championship no call. Asked Wright if coaches should be able to call for reviews of things like that. Wright purposely dodged the question and said on the foul call at the end it could go either way so he wasn't in favor of it.

Anyway, get ready for a lot of those type of hot takes.

the Saints/Rams no-call was one of the most egregious no-calls I've ever seen and someone half blind would've been able to spot it from the nosebleeds.

i didn't even know the double dribble no-call happened until the replay.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Sir Charles is still salty about that double dribble. He says he's not, but he is.

Stealth Tiger
Nov 14, 2009

I just got home and I'd love to chat about the game with you guys but I mean the chat on this stream I'm watching is a higher level of discussion I think

k1ngcold: press 1 if youre fat
Twitch Primetaitertawt: If you don't put the whole Pringle in your mouth, you're the weakest link It’s so simple. Just shove it down your mouth and bite it and you won’t choke. If you bite Pringle’s into smaller pieces you don’t deserve to eat them at all. Just shove it down your throat dammit
Twitch PrimeEhhhBurgioski: 1
ghostjam_: 2
R_W_B: 2
Turboelohxm: drat CUCKLORD
Twitch PrimesirAMPR: virginia been so lucky this tourny

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

Proteus Jones posted:

Sir Charles is still salty about that double dribble. He says he's not, but he is.

I hope he took the +6 but I bet he took the moneyline

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Gunshow Poophole posted:

who fuckin cares!

I think he's just a big name who was there because of course he is and Gray went to him for an interview.

It only cut a little into them calling the game to be fair but it was a little too much.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Grittybeard posted:

I think he's just a big name who was there because of course he is and Gray went to him for an interview.

It only cut a little into them calling the game to be fair but it was a little too much.

I mean, fair enough and I wasn't tryin to poo poo on you specifically for postin git's just like... talk about literally anything else lmao

Stealth Tiger
Nov 14, 2009

Proteus Jones posted:

I always found it crazy that a lot of these NBA guys, even if they were all stars, even if they made millions of dollars, even if they played in the Olympics, are still so obsessed with the NCAA and with their college teams. i have to imagine they are rooting for them super hard.

also are ex-players boosters? I feel like I should have wondered about this before

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Do I even want to know how much that Visit Oregon ad cost? Cause I bet it was a lot

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Stealth Tiger posted:

I always found it crazy that a lot of these NBA guys, even if they were all stars, even if they made millions of dollars, even if they played in the Olympics, are still so obsessed with the NCAA and with their college teams. i have to imagine they are rooting for them super hard.

also are ex-players boosters? I feel like I should have wondered about this before

People like where they went to school why is that crazy?

A dog and his man
Jan 24, 2019

by R. Guyovich

The Glumslinger posted:

Do I even want to know how much that Visit Oregon ad cost? Cause I bet it was a lot

I got a fancy NC lottery one...

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

A dog and his man posted:

I got a fancy NC lottery one...

Apparently, it was this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIC-XmyEfhI

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
Did Raf just indicate he watched Texas Tech put their clothes on?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

ColdBlooded posted:

This.

Tom Izzo is a colossal piece of poo poo and it irritates me that everyone seems to buy into his Aw Shucks mannerisms

He's not even aw shucks! He could not be more obviously an rear end in a top hat, but he wins a lot and deep down a lot of folks get off on the idea that coaches need to bully players to instill toughness or whatever.

Stealth Tiger posted:

I mean people feeling a connection to their school is basically why college sports are a thing

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

LOL

That strip

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Do not ever bring the ball down against Texas Tech or it is definitely getting stolen

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Proteus Jones posted:

LOL

That strip

yeah, that was pretty awesome

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
this game seems to be of questionable quality

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Chokes McGee posted:

this game seems to be of questionable quality

College_basketball.txt

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Haha, that shot #44 for Michigan State put up.

Ouch on that turned ankle.

Stealth Tiger
Nov 14, 2009

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

A dog and his man
Jan 24, 2019

by R. Guyovich
Oh no.....

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
gently caress, I think sprained both ankles and maybe a knee

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Oh no :(

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
NOOOOOOOooooo

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
here let me helpfully circle where this young man's foot comes off of his ankle

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Lol Raf being like "hey Grant you know about hurt ankles right?" is so hosed up

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

oh gently caress, owens has been playing so hard this whole game. drat

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
That's a brutal injury, but on the bright side that dude doesn't have to watch the rest of this game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A dog and his man
Jan 24, 2019

by R. Guyovich
Get The cortisone shot ready.