Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doctor Party
Jan 3, 2004

Doctor Party Woohoo!

Tehran 1979 posted:

What's considered the top raid guild on Mangler currently?

Magic and melee
Or
Mess

I think magic and melee have had more firsts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodelphi
Jan 30, 2004

We are all quite capable of believing in anything as long as it's improbable.

Ham Wrangler
Man now that Selo had XP rate buffed I might actually max out my level before the next unlock.

Rallos
Aug 1, 2004
Live The Music

Nodelphi posted:

Man now that Selo had XP rate buffed I might actually max out my level before the next unlock.

How much was it buffed?

Dreaddor
Apr 7, 2006

Rallos posted:

How much was it buffed?

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/selo-experience-boost-inc.256914/

quote:

As of noon PDT on Friday (today), the 50% bonus is permanent. After the update on the 17th, the server's base rates will be updated in code so that future XP bonus days will affect the new, increased XP rates making them truly ridiculous (by EQ standards!).

Shartweek
Feb 15, 2003

D O E S N O T E X I S T
Playing on Mangler, name is Kerberos - level 9 DE Necro. Got a great group in Befallen tonight and went from level 5 to a few bubs from 10 within an hour, it was a lot of fun. Do we have a guild, and if so, who should I hit up for an invite?

Played P99 on an off over the last 7-8 years but never made it past 45 or so, last time i seriously played before that was on the EQMac AlKabor server. Not a whole lot going on for me right now so I can spare a few hours a night to play!

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

What's the cheapest/easiest way to dual box on true box servers like Mangler these days? I thought about getting a cheap rear end 11.6" laptop off Amazon for $150 but the reviews say the versions of Windows 10 S on those can't be unlocked to regular Windows without paying extra or something.

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe

Republicans posted:

What's the cheapest/easiest way to dual box on true box servers like Mangler these days? I thought about getting a cheap rear end 11.6" laptop off Amazon for $150 but the reviews say the versions of Windows 10 S on those can't be unlocked to regular Windows without paying extra or something.

In my city there are a couple people who refurbish older model laptops and sell them for $100-200 on Craigslist.

I picked up a couple of those and just run boxes off of them using HotKeyNet to broadcast keystrokes to the laptops corresponding to assist/follow/cast macros on the boxes.

Dreaddor
Apr 7, 2006

edit - nm

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

koreban posted:

In my city there are a couple people who refurbish older model laptops and sell them for $100-200 on Craigslist.

I picked up a couple of those and just run boxes off of them using HotKeyNet to broadcast keystrokes to the laptops corresponding to assist/follow/cast macros on the boxes.

This is interesting. I levelled up a monk to 50 on Mangler but am finding that I really can't farm anything solo and would like to have a shammy or druid box to tag along. Problem is not having a second laptop to use. Gonna look into this.

gepgepgep
May 22, 2006

MrSargent posted:

This is interesting. I levelled up a monk to 50 on Mangler but am finding that I really can't farm anything solo and would like to have a shammy or druid box to tag along. Problem is not having a second laptop to use. Gonna look into this.
Shaman. You'll get a lot less utility from the druid. Stat buffs, haste, slow, and avatar (eventually) make your monk a lot more of a powerhouse. If you can snag Torpor in a few months that's also a huge plus.

I'd also look at FB Marketplace as there's a lot of refurb laptop sales there too. Can also find some deals on Slickdeals.net or r/Buildapcsales.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

gepgepgep posted:

Shaman. You'll get a lot less utility from the druid. Stat buffs, haste, slow, and avatar (eventually) make your monk a lot more of a powerhouse. If you can snag Torpor in a few months that's also a huge plus.

I'd also look at FB Marketplace as there's a lot of refurb laptop sales there too. Can also find some deals on Slickdeals.net or r/Buildapcsales.

I was considering druid for the ports, I realize SHM is the more powerful box and will probably end up going that route.

gepgepgep
May 22, 2006
Depending on how you play, you can easily purchase a druid pickup usually through Kunark by offering 1-200p. Depending on where and what you're famring, that's usually chump change at high levels.

Come Luclin, you can bind in Nexus and get TLs easy to bind and from that hub. Ports are a convenience, but not necessary and probably not worth the much less useful fighting utility.

gepgepgep fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Apr 9, 2019

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?

MrSargent posted:

People have been saying there is a relatively easy way to bypass their VM detection, allowing you to play multiple clients on the same PC. I haven't played around with it, but know of others doing so.

The site that pulls up off a quick google search for this sells hacks / botting software, so I'm not going to link it directly, but this is the change that apparently bypasses detection once you have a VM setup..

4. Go to this file path: Documents > Virtual Machines > Name of your new virtual machine > VMware virtual machine configuration file. Open the file in notepad.
5. Insert this line of code monitor_control.restrict_backdoor = "true"

e: of course, while this may be easier in the short run, it does carry the unknown risk of playing with a configuration they say is not allowed / bannable. YMMV on interest to blur the lines between rules and whatever it's a 20 year old nostalgia trip. If you aren't doing anything destructive or causing them a hassle to fix, you probably won't be banned.

onesixtwo fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Apr 9, 2019

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

gepgepgep posted:

Depending on how you play, you can easily purchase a druid pickup usually through Kunark by offering 1-200p. Depending on where and what you're famring, that's usually chump change at high levels.

Come Luclin, you can bind in Nexus and get TLs easy to bind and from that hub. Ports are a convenience, but not necessary and probably not worth the much less useful fighting utility.

Druid Track is nice as well. We have a pretty long time (December i think?) until Luclin so its not like I wouldn't get tons of use out of Druid ports and succors across zones. As for fighting utility, Druids also have the benefit of being able to Charm Animals which can add tons of dps (or tanking ability) in a lot of zones. I know Shammy/Monk is probably more powerful on average but I don't think Dru/Mnk is as far behind as people make it out to be.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

MrSargent posted:

Druid Track is nice as well. We have a pretty long time (December i think?) until Luclin so its not like I wouldn't get tons of use out of Druid ports and succors across zones. As for fighting utility, Druids also have the benefit of being able to Charm Animals which can add tons of dps (or tanking ability) in a lot of zones. I know Shammy/Monk is probably more powerful on average but I don't think Dru/Mnk is as far behind as people make it out to be.

Dru/Monk is way behind Shm/Mnk it's not even funny. It's a poor box combo. Druids are just a piss poor class for a long time. You'll solo charm in Plane of Storms and feel great then join a group in fire and go meh ...

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Having asked this identical question about a year ago, I feel obligated to say shaman monk was just so good. I’d recommend it.

A box Druid is good for porting and PLing. Also some camp bouncing. They aren’t powerful duos, and you don’t really gain anything unique with them. Every Druid spell you would want to use with you monk in a combat situation, the shaman has a better version of excluding thorns of course.

Haste & slow and shaman buffs > Druid’s skin and thorns. Druid dots are good, but the shaman’s poison dot line is insanely powerful. The shaman also has their own portable mana battery between chloro & canni dancing, Druid mems a lot.

Krazuel
Nov 23, 2004

Not doing that again!

onesixtwo posted:

Having asked this identical question about a year ago, I feel obligated to say shaman monk was just so good. I’d recommend it.

A box Druid is good for porting and PLing. Also some camp bouncing. They aren’t powerful duos, and you don’t really gain anything unique with them. Every Druid spell you would want to use with you monk in a combat situation, the shaman has a better version of excluding thorns of course.

Haste & slow and shaman buffs > Druid’s skin and thorns. Druid dots are good, but the shaman’s poison dot line is insanely powerful. The shaman also has their own portable mana battery between chloro & canni dancing, Druid mems a lot.

Shaman can make you thorns potions :D

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Turns out my mom had a spare laptop that does the job well enough once I reformatted it. Went with a bard because they're always nice to have and it gave me an excuse to farm up a set of lambent one afternoon. Currently have my monk boxed just following me and killing poo poo after my bard gets it below 50%. Once he's 20 I can pair him with my warrior and level them both.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Krazuel posted:

Shaman can make you thorns potions :D

Lol I almost added that, too. It’s a seriously decent DS, too.

Tehran 1979
Jan 28, 2019

by Lowtax
First time using a pet class in the entirety of playing EQ, could use some advice on random poo poo that I don't know about them like what items to give them.

Afaik they'll always equip the item with the highest AC, right? So if I gave them a chestplate that had 60 AC and zero HP, they would use that over a chest with 59AC and 5,000hp? Are they able to equip everything a PC can, like jewelry, etc?

Any other random pet tips our dead gay game has would be appreciated.

Tehran 1979 fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Apr 10, 2019

r0rb
Oct 14, 2012
Druid is a strong box for a beastlord and that’s about it. Very strong combo though.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
How is a druid a strong box combo? I don't see what it offers to a bstlord with it's poo poo DPS and poo poo heals.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Yesterday while leveling my Druid box (with a necro it’s okay,) and had a laugh that soon as he is 46, I’ll be able to catch rots from our guild raids because we have like, a Druid or two per raid so far.

Turns out we have zero Druid mains! They’re all port boxes!

Poor Druids.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Oh man you guys were right. I was confusing Druids in EQ with Druids on Shards Of Dalaya (eq emu) and forgot how bad their healing is on live.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

onesixtwo posted:

Yesterday while leveling my Druid box (with a necro it’s okay,) and had a laugh that soon as he is 46, I’ll be able to catch rots from our guild raids because we have like, a Druid or two per raid so far.

Turns out we have zero Druid mains! They’re all port boxes!

Poor Druids.

:same:

in a related vein, if anyone has a melee alt (mangler) they want to level, my Druid is currently 12 and in unrest. Come get a mage DS and some easy levels.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.
1-60 takes less than 1 day on selos and its great. 1 guildie had 14hrs /played, with afk nexus time lol

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

FranktheBank posted:

1-60 takes less than 1 day on selos and its great. 1 guildie had 14hrs /played, with afk nexus time lol

Is that using xp potions and doing AE power leveling?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Solarin posted:

Yea there’s no way it’s just normal grouping.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

If my math is right (doubtful), that's like a level every 13 minutes which is hilarious to imagine.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.

Solarin posted:

ae from 40-60. its like 2-2.5h

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

MrSargent posted:

If my math is right (doubtful), that's like a level every 13 minutes which is hilarious to imagine.

Here I am happy to get 40% in an hour of solo PLing my druid in the Hole..

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Hehe you are doing something badly wrong.

Cefte
Sep 18, 2004

tranquil consciousness
I haven't touched this game since 2004. Sounds like goons are mostly on Mangler - any chance of a discord link?

Anarch
Feb 22, 2011

In the midnight hour...
:getin: https://discord.gg/2USHM8

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Hows the Amtrak/Faceless competition on Selo? Lots of OW racing or zero competition.

Cefte
Sep 18, 2004

tranquil consciousness
Thanks muchly!

Krazuel
Nov 23, 2004

Not doing that again!

Tai posted:

Hows the Amtrak/Faceless competition on Selo? Lots of OW racing or zero competition.

Basically nothing since we won the AHR race.
Was a like 3 races prior to that which Faceless actually won the dps races on, but yeah.
Yesterday there was a tiny race for North Blob but most of Faceless couldn't figure out how to get to it and gave up and left.

Hoohah
Jun 27, 2004
Chimp
The First Creation dead, not too much terribly later than OGC (2 weeks maybe?). Not practicing/refreshing memories on Test is starting to become painful, but I really dislike the idea of having everyone go to test to learn stuff.

I was yelled at for holding out for the First Creation's head, but either everything I went in on was armor which warriors aren't getting because we got T6/T7 automatically, or the stuff I really wanted didn't drop. Oh well, shawl for me.

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe

Hoohah posted:

The First Creation dead, not too much terribly later than OGC (2 weeks maybe?).

How’s phinigel going otherwise? I’m on Mangler with a completely unassociated name from previous TLPs and I’ve been seeing people with OGC character and alt names left and right.

It feels from Mangler’s side like a lot of people jumped over, but I can’t tell if that’s permanent or they’re just dipping their toes in or getting in on the early server kronofest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hoohah
Jun 27, 2004
Chimp

koreban posted:

How’s phinigel going otherwise? I’m on Mangler with a completely unassociated name from previous TLPs and I’ve been seeing people with OGC character and alt names left and right.

It feels from Mangler’s side like a lot of people jumped over, but I can’t tell if that’s permanent or they’re just dipping their toes in or getting in on the early server kronofest.

Seems relatively fine, although I think OGC just absorbed another guild (don't remember which).

OGC and EoE are done with Convorteum, and Resolute just broke in tonight.