Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Apraxin posted:

You know it's a grassroots movement when everyone has the exact same sign

Also Jeremy Corbyn is so anti-semitic that even Jeremy Corbyn is disgusted and believes he must be held to account

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008

I tell you what, I'd be stunned if it turned out that Margaret Hodge had leaked poo poo info to the Sunday Times purely for the purpose giving Corbyn a kick

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Is that Harrison Ford?

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
Corbyn is Harrison Ford!?

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Guavanaut posted:

That's the case with every OSHA or H&S report I've ever read.

You can be a bit reckless in good circumstances and nothing will happen, you can be very careful in dicey circumstances and nothing will happen, it's when you're a bit reckless in dicey circumstances when poo poo tends to happen.

Yeah exactly. I'm not making excuses for the guy, he did have form. Van der Vat thinks there was more to it in that White Star as a whole was a reckless organization, stuff that came out quite a bit more in the American inquest than the British one, although neither inquest categorically blamed the line. Bruce Ismay's reputation never recovered, and to my mind the scapegoating of Lord says was disgraceful.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Corbyn is more dangerous to this country than a no deal brexit. Imagine thornberry as James bonds boss. Lol

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Thanks jeremy for bringing manufacturing back to britain by opening your new hate factories.

We will not accept automation by the internet hate machine, british hate made by british hands imo.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Corbyn is more dangerous to this country than a no deal brexit. Imagine thornberry as James bonds boss. Lol
Lol if you don't think that members of MIs 5 and 6 will be setting up the 21st century version of GB75 the moment the next election is called, if they haven't already.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/saeen90_/status/1114619396910190592

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

OwlFancier posted:

Thanks jeremy for bringing manufacturing back to britain by opening your new hate factories.

We will not accept automation by the internet hate machine, british hate made by british hands imo.

Dammit you edited in an automation joke before I could make one :argh:

Beefeater1980
Sep 12, 2008

My God, it's full of Horatios!

Jedit posted:

Don't apologise to him, he was also a loving idiot who wouldn't listen to sense.

His family challenge this account and have some decent evidence IIRC.

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

kingturnip posted:

I tell you what, I'd be stunned if it turned out that Margaret Hodge had leaked poo poo info to the Sunday Times purely for the purpose giving Corbyn a kick
https://mobile.twitter.com/GdnPolitics/status/1114819988890603520
If this Graun piece is right, I’m with Hassan: the times article is wrong about a lot of stuff including the figures, the vote itself was kind of a stitch up to gently caress with Corbyn (how was it going to go any other way with hodge and smeeth addressing the membership right before), but some of the individual cases are really disappointing and show the disciplinary process for antisemitism is still badly hosed up

quote:

It reported that Labour had failed to expel Sarah Reeves, a former candidate whom party officials have accused of being “supportive of Hitler and Mein Kampf” in her Facebook postings. Reeves, whose Facebook feed also contains explicit support for the far-right activist Tommy Robinson and conspiracy theories such as the claim that 9/11 was an “inside job”, told the Guardian on Sunday that she had yet to receive notification from Labour about when a hearing into her cases would be heard.

Pam Bromley, who was reported to have been let back into the Labour party after claiming last year that Theresa May had plotted the Manchester bombing and complained of “Jewish” media attacks, referred queries from the Guardian to the Labour press office.

The documents were reported to show that a trade union official was readmitted to the party after being accused of sharing material saying “Jewish Israelis” were behind 9/11. In another case, a Labour official ruled that a council candidate accused of describing Jewish MPs as “Zionist infiltrators” met the threshold for suspension, but then ruled he should not be suspended as he was a candidate, the paper said.
I mean, come the gently caress on guys

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum
Reeves: still to the left of Kate Hoey and therefore can't be kicked out

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
I'm willing to bet if Labour kicked Hoey out for being a poo poo the right wing media would be up in arms.

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

If you love a flower which happens to be on a star, it is sweet at night to gaze at the sky. All the stars are a riot of flowers.

Miftan posted:

I'm trying to go for settled status right off the bat so I'll need more. You do the proof of identity via app and the rest via the website, right?

You can do the whole thing on the app; if you need to submit further evidence, you do that by entering your document number and DOB on the website as 'username', and getting a 2-factor authentication text as 'password'

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Rarity posted:

Dammit you edited in an automation joke before I could make one :argh:

There's like a weird thing where sometimes the forum doesn't actually update your posts once you edit them. But it does show you the proper text when you quote it.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

quote:

A suspected poacher was killed by an elephant at a South African national park, before a pride of lions ate his body.

The man was hunting rhino when the creature struck, South African National Parks said in a statement.

It added that his accomplices contacted the man’s family, who in turn asked rangers at the Kruger National Park to recover his remains.

Don English, the park’s regional ranger, led a search party for the body, assisted by field rangers and members of the park’s air wing, who flew above the area.

They later discovered the man’s remains.

gently caress yeah

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

someone put SNL out of its misery

https://twitter.com/nbcsnl/status/1114756164653338625

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

A corbyn tweet that doesn't just have all the replies being about brexit

https://twitter.com/jeremycorbyn/status/1114971021843533825

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

bump_fn posted:

i brougham a bunch of nyc bagles back with me and i will do a proper taste test compared to brick lane

Not our own 'new York bagel company' ones I hope, those are an edible (?) libel

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

SNL is one of those weird things where I'd never seen it but all these great comedic actors & writers and come through it and people talked about it reverentially and you assume it must be great, and then a while passes and you get online and see clips and it's loving pish. The classic stuff, current stuff, just the most milquetoast boring comedy. About the only things I've seen that weren't loving guff from SNL have been musical performances, stuff like Elvis Costello breaking into Radio Radio when he wasn't meant to play something else.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

OwlFancier posted:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

OwlFancier posted:

There's like a weird thing where sometimes the forum doesn't actually update your posts once you edit them. But it does show you the proper text when you quote it.

You mean I could have taken your joke and stolen it for my own and no one would have ever known? :negative:

Jose posted:

"Alexandria, what are your thoughts on jam?"

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Jose posted:

this loving world

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Jose posted:

Clearly Soviet code speak for building sleeper cells.

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Jose posted:

Dont stop sooooo cloooooose

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Jose posted:

So what you're saying, Jeremy, is you want to see a hundred flowers bloom in America???

BalloonFish
Jun 30, 2013

Fun Shoe

Jose posted:

I like this reboot of The Special Relationship much more. Far better than the Mac & Ike Show or George 'n' Tony's Christian Crusade Capers.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

corbyn is so loving boring lol

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

V. Illych L. posted:

You think he's boring and then he comes out in the silver shell suit like what up it's the 80s again.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

ho hum why yes i am an elderly man who rides a bicycle and takes photographs of manhole covers, would you care to hear some gardening advice????

---actual terrorist jeremy corbyn

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

V. Illych L. posted:

Exactly what you want in a leader. Well not exactly. See Douglas Adams books for more info.

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry

V. Illych L. posted:

Funny thing about some media is they try to decry Corbyn as boring and lacking ambition and stuff like that like it was a bad thing

Like, we've been loving led all these decades by ambitious cutthroat twats and see where that's got us, I'll take my chances with the boring jam-maker thanks

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Azza Bamboo posted:

IIRC it was the times who reported all the mugging in the late 70s.

They also invented the concept of "grooming gangs" when all the phone hacking and leveson stuff was hitting

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Pochoclo posted:

Funny thing about some media is they try to decry Corbyn as boring and lacking ambition and stuff like that like it was a bad thing

Like, we've been loving led all these decades by ambitious cutthroat twats and see where that's got us, I'll take my chances with the boring jam-maker thanks

oh i didn't mean it was a bad thing it's just rather glaring how little this man ever expected (or, arguably, even wanted) to be this close to power

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Pochoclo posted:

He's boring and lacks ambition but he's also a mastermind antisemite who supports all the terrorists, even the ones that hate each other.

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

Excellent quote from a Jewish Labour Movement member on Sky News just now.

quote:

If UKIP can deal with racists quickly, why can't Labour?

UKIP, noted to be completely free of racists.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

forkboy84 posted:

SNL is one of those weird things where I'd never seen it but all these great comedic actors & writers and come through it and people talked about it reverentially and you assume it must be great, and then a while passes and you get online and see clips and it's loving pish. The classic stuff, current stuff, just the most milquetoast boring comedy. About the only things I've seen that weren't loving guff from SNL have been musical performances, stuff like Elvis Costello breaking into Radio Radio when he wasn't meant to play something else.
This is the only truly good thing I think I've ever seen them do:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVhlJNJopOQ

Everything else is like, a really loving thin idea that delivers a mild chuckle after fifteen seconds then inexplicably goes on for another 8 minutes. :v:

RagnarokZ
May 14, 2004

Emperor of the Internet

Pochoclo posted:

One of the better Danish Prime Ministers was an economist, a boring economist, so staggeringly boring people would fall asleep whenever he entered the room, but he was competent.

A boring politician sounds wonderful to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

baka kaba posted:

They also invented the concept of "grooming gangs" when all the phone hacking and leveson stuff was hitting

I'm no political or sociological expert and I wonder if the political concept that people call "oxygen" holds out: this idea that the public attention span is a limited resource that can be exhausted, like our shared headspace is a zero sum game.