Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Leal posted:

Stable 30 fps is better then unstable 60 fps

:goofy:

Bleck posted:

unstable 60fps is the reality of nine out of ten games that seem to make a big deal of being 60fps, in my experience

Depends on the game, the settings you use and your hardware. If you can't hit 60fps constantly your hardware is pretty bad and/or you're pushing it too hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

quote:

Then that isn't a 60 fps game

Then literally no 60 fps games exist.

E: All games are being booked by the 60fps police on steam

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
XBOX ONE X (the world's most powerful gaming console) has options for pro (4K 30fps) or performance (1440 60fps) for most AAA games, and while I go back and forth I usually end up selecting the performance option.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Papa Bear fired up his game console and exclaimed, “This FPS is too high!”

Mama Bear fired up her game console and exclaimed, “This FPS is too low!”

Baby Bear said, “gently caress my idiot parents wasting their worthless lives on yet another moronic FPS derail” and undocked his Nintendo Switch to play Picross.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Papa Bears a dumbass

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

RBA Starblade posted:

What is the framerate of reality

In theory there is no upper limit that would be perceptible to humans since our ability to identify individual frames of motion begins to break down at around 144fps (~6.9ms per frame) and our best reaction speed to visual stimuli takes 120ms at best. People tend to be more sensitive to sudden changes in framerate rather than the overall picture although for most the difference between 30 and 60fps is easily recognizable.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

N64 Fzero is the 60 FPS all games should aspire to.

Kikkoman
Nov 28, 2002

Posing along since 2005
I put a pre-order in for Neo Atlas 1469, coming out on the 9th. Seems to be the same game that came out on Steam in 2017, to mixed reviews.

From what I understood, you're the king of Portugal and you send out explorers to chart out the world outside of western Europe and north Africa. You can accept or reject their reports when they come back, which will affect how the world looks afterward. Lots of VN and management elements. It looked pretty kooky and my store was only getting 1 copy so I figured what the hell.

I'll be leaving on vacation on Friday so hoping this game will be a fun way to spend plane & train time.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

i appreciate that nintendo pushes for a 60fps lock in most first party switch games, despite the switch being fairly weak

imagine playing mario odyssey at 30fps like sunshine :barf:

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

repiv posted:

i appreciate that nintendo pushes for a 60fps lock in most first party switch games, despite the switch being fairly weak

imagine playing mario odyssey at 30fps like sunshine :barf:

60fps Sunshine would own.

A Bag of Milk
Jul 3, 2007

I don't see any American dream; I see an American nightmare.

SeANMcBAY posted:

60fps Sunshine would own.

Dolphin makes dreams come true

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

If you have 60 FPs you really are shafting yourself and need more HPs and BPs. I could understand leaving HP at 5 if you are going for a danger build but there's no reason to have FP that high

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

For all the complaints about durability in BOTW, it makes the first part of the game more interesting, and I spent probably 185 out of 200 hours deliberately trying to break weapons just to free up inventory space.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Are you saying that it took you 200 hours to find the drop or throw command?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

and waste weapons???

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Tender Bender posted:

I spent probably 185 out of 200 hours deliberately trying to break weapons just to free up inventory space.

Uhhhhhh

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

so I've had my Switch for around 3 weeks.

Generally I've been playing with the Pro controller, which is excellent. But when that's charging, I'm using my default neon joycons.

Using them before I thought they were kinda stiff, but whatever. But today when I was playing Zelda, I noticed at least a few dropped inputs, a bit of drift once in a while, right stick not responding occasionally, etc.

I know some people have issues with joycons but I wanted to know if this sounds normal or if I should look into sending them back to Nintendo. How long does the process take? Do I have to pay for shipping? Do I send both left and right or just the right one?

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Try taking them somewhere away from interfering signals and see if the problem persists. I find if I have other wireless devices running nearby it tends to drop inputs more frequently.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

If I've got BotW, Odyssey, and Smash, what's the 4th best switch game that didn't come out for the WiiU?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

ItBreathes posted:

If I've got BotW, Odyssey, and Smash, what's the 4th best switch game that didn't come out for the WiiU?
Splatoon 2

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

ItBreathes posted:

Diablo 3

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

ItBreathes posted:

3-5 great indie games that add up to the price of one AAA game

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

ItBreathes posted:

Stardew Valley, Baba is You, Picross

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

Consummate Professional posted:

Oh drat I missed that FFX/X2 was getting released on the Switch. I guess I'll pick that up when it comes out

Just a warning that if you get it physical only ffx is on the cartridge and you'll get a code for x2.

It also occurs to me that if ffxiv comes out for switch it won't have a cartridge at all, which is fine since half the data is patch data anyways (you'd probably also need a 64gb microsd card since the game is an mmo and therefore huge)

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

The Silver Snail posted:

3-5 great indie games that add up to the price of one AAA game

Already have them all.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Golf Peaks is good for the price.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

If you have 60 FPs you really are shafting yourself and need more HPs and BPs. I could understand leaving HP at 5 if you are going for a danger build but there's no reason to have FP that high

I just want to say that I both appreciate and agree with your post.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Hey is Wolfenstein: The New Blood still shipping on switch as a physical box with only a download code inside because if so laffo

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Yes.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

This Metroid controller I got looks classy with the bronze d-pad and trashy with the orange on the back lol, I love it.

quote:

Splatoon 2

Oh I knew I forgot to get something. Well I'll get it with Odyssey!

BTW it's not that surprising it doesn't any more but I thought the Switch came with 1 2 Switch? It didn't have anything packed in with it.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

1 2 switch didn't come with the switch, you just likely thought it did because literally everyone on earth was expecting it to

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

It never did

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Brother Entropy posted:

1 2 switch didn't come with the switch, you just likely thought it did because literally everyone on earth was expecting it to

Oh lol

Did it end up worth fifty bucks?

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

My point was that I had more weapons than I knew what to do with.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

RBA Starblade posted:

Oh lol

If you're going to play it, yeah. I've pulled it out at enough casual gatherings. It's a ton of fun! If you don't see yourself doing that, then nah, it's a waste.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

RBA Starblade posted:

Oh lol

Very no. Wii Sports had ten times as much content

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
If the simulated milking teats wasn't worth 40 bucks to you can you even call yourself a Nintendo fan? No

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

RandomFerret posted:

Very no. Wii Sports had ten times as much content

Wii Sports was the GOAT because during a 2v2 match of Tennis my friend's girlfriend swung hard as gently caress not paying attention to her surroundings and smashed the Wiimote into my friend's back and he fell to the floor in a ton of pain while we won the match dying of laughter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Saw Friends of Ringo Ishikawa mentioned in this thread and took a dive on it.

It's like Stardew Valley in that you have to manage how you spend your time each day. The map is super confusing because you go left in some sections and then suddenly you're walking right. Took me a little longer than usual to piece poo poo together because of that.

Game owns. It's Stardew Valley but instead of growing plants you beat up dudes from other schools. It ends abruptly. It plays for several hours and then it's just like over which kinda sucks. Feels more like an episode in a game like those Walking Dead story games or something rather than a game that exists on its own.

Strongly recommend it. It loving owns beating up a bunch of dudes and then popping a slav squat to smoke a cigarette before you loot the money off of your enemies for cheeseburger cash.

There is no tutorial stuff, it just throws you in the pool and tells you to swim so there's no shame in reading this guide first:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/413150/discussions/0/405692758710999007/

Dialogue is also really good too. It starts off with the principal calling you into his office because you got held back senior year.

"I'm going to make sure you loving morons graduate this year."

"Thanks, sensei. We knew we were your favorite students."