Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GenericMartini
Oct 22, 2012

AYYYYY PAPI

Junpei Hyde posted:

Worst Mod of the year contender J ru

nth

also nth on WMOTYC trips/batista

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

MOTYC Triple H/Batista, actually

Dr. Ass
Apr 21, 2008

HM HHH/Batista, nasty poo poo at the beginning and really fun for the last five or so minutes

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

WMOTYC: Baron Corbin vs. Kurt Angle - WM 35

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

WMOTYC Angle/Corbin I hate wrestling and also myself

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

WMOTYC: Kurt Angle vs. Baron Corbin - Wrestlemania 35.

As terrible as literally every single person on the planet knew it would be. A godawful way to end the career of a legit legend.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
WMOTYC: Angle vs Corbin

why

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Nth on the wmotyc for angle corbin

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

Dango Bango posted:

WMOTYC: Baron Corbin vs. Kurt Angle - WM 35

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
I'm not watching, but i heard this match actually happened but I'm nthing it. I can't believe someone in creative (Vince) thought this was a good idea. This had WMOTYC written all over it the moment it was announced.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Jerusalem posted:

WMOTYC: Kurt Angle vs. Baron Corbin - Wrestlemania 35.

As terrible as literally every single person on the planet knew it would be. A godawful way to end the career of a legit legend.

Yeah I agree

It was just a miserable bit of booking on what has been a pretty decent card

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

what's the record for most WMOTYCs on a single show

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Oh Snapple! posted:

what's the record for most WMOTYCs on a single show

Last year's Wrestlemania managed 3 WMOTYCs, this year's Royal Rumble managed 3 WMOTYCs.

Wrestlemania this year isn't over yet and already has 4 WMOTYCs.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Jerusalem posted:

Last year's Wrestlemania managed 3 WMOTYCs, this year's Royal Rumble managed 3 WMOTYCs.

Wrestlemania this year isn't over yet and already has 4 WMOTYCs.

and a motyc, which makes all of this that much more hilarious

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
WMOTYC Becky Lynch vs Ronda Rousey vs Charlotte Flair Wrestlemania 35 4/8/19

Just absolutely sloppy in front of an exhausted crowd and just one of the worst and anti-climatic ways to get to this ending that people wanted.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

KungFu Grip posted:

Just absolutely sloppy in front of an exhausted crowd and just one of the worst and anti-climatic ways to get to this ending that people wanted.

Yeah I'll back this for all of those reasons. Also, Ronda running around 100 MPH for everything throwing all the spot pacing off.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

HM Women's triple threat.

Crowd was as into it as they were gonna be and I liked the action

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

KungFu Grip posted:

2nd. Dogshit match lmao

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."

Junpei Hyde posted:

I don't reeeeallly think it was that good, but it was also not wmotyc y'all are huffin' the farts, so I'll second the HM nomination just so there's CONTROVERSY

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Junpei Hyde posted:

Yeah, the ending was hosed but it was really good up to that. Nth.

PASS THE MASH
Oct 30, 2013

Junpei Hyde posted:

Yeah it was nowhere a WMOTYC

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Junpei Hyde posted:

Same

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Junpei Hyde posted:

yeah it's maybe a step below because of the ending, but it was still close enough to nth this

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

KungFu Grip posted:

yeah i wasn't going to wmotyc this originally but that ending just kinda sealed an overall sloppy endeavor. nth'd.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Veto

Senerio fucked around with this message at 08:28 on Aug 17, 2019

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Senerio posted:

Yeah I'll go with this one.

I'll go with that sorta a 3 and 3/4 or so worth seeing right person won but goddamn that was too long and too abrupt

Taffy Torpedo
Feb 2, 2008

...Can we have the radio?

Junpei Hyde posted:

Yeah, wasn't their fault the crowd was dead.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

I'll posit that it is entirely possible to wake a crowd up.

That match, as laid out, was never going to do that.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Junpei Hyde posted:

agreed

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

I’d give it an HM for the match they put on and WMOTYC for the finish of a historic Mania main event being a loving roll-up controversial pin by their hottest act, pretty much doing nothing for nobody

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Nth on the WMOTYC for the women's main. You could hear the sound of the heat getting murdered by that garbage finish

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
MOTYC: Daniel Bryan vs Kofi Kingston: It was at the perfect point in the card where people weren't totally burnt out yet, it had a great finishing stretch and it had probably the best WWE feel-good moment since WM 30 when Daniel Bryan himself won.

No other nominations but I'll toss my thoughts into the abyss at two mediocre at best matches slotted to be the "Main Draws" at Wrestlemania.

Triple H/Batista: I figured this was going to be the classic Triple H slog but it started out looking like some kind of deathmatch. Then it delivered on expectations after the tweezers spot and became a completely unspectacular Triple H "epic" where everyone lays around for 2 minutes between spots and Triple H inexplicably wins because he has no ounce of self awareness when booking himself in a wrestling ring. I don't even know what he thought he had to lose because who wants to see Triple H wrestling anymore, he could have just lost, retired, and became endearing Uncle Paul to NXT. Nobody would have complained. Actually, the match shouldn't have happened to begin with.

Becky/Flair/Rousey: They were fighting an uphill battle after the last couple lullaby matches with iffy to bad results. Ronda is still green and has really bad issues learning where and when to pace herself, the match was kind of sloppy considering who was involved and how long they had to rehearse the match, and the ending fell flat on its rear end because of controversy. It was like seeing Sting win over Hogan at Starrcade, the right person won at the right time but it was booked and worked so poorly that it just deflated me. I honestly thought they'd restart the match but it never happened. This is the same show Kofi won clean over Daniel Bryan but the stink of WWE booking is still there, it could have been done a dozen better ways than what we got. It's not a WMOTYC candidate, or even the worst WM main event in the last couple years but they definitely blew their shot

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

After sleeping on it I am still grumpy-old-manning about people using Very Good matches as MTOYCs and Meh matches as WMOTYCs. You shouldn't nominate more than one match for either from a single event! :argh:

Given that, on reflection, my one WMOTYC for the event:

WMOTYC, Kurt Angle vs. Baron Corbin, Wrestlemania

This made me just feel embarrassed and angry. The other 'bad' matches ranged from mediocre to bad, but this one was terrible.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
It honestly seems like people use WMOTYC for any match with a poo poo finish. I feel like at this point people would have been calling Austin/Rock at X7 a WMOTYC because of the Austin heel turn.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Lmao at the WMOTY nominations for Charlotte/Ronda/Becky

HM SD Tag Title
HM Charlotte/Ronda/Becky
MOTY Kofi/Bryan
WMOTY Miz/Shane
WMOTY Angle/Corbin

bradzilla fucked around with this message at 13:06 on Apr 8, 2019

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

OldTennisCourt posted:

It honestly seems like people use WMOTYC for any match with a poo poo finish. I feel like at this point people would have been calling Austin/Rock at X7 a WMOTYC because of the Austin heel turn.

They would have been very happy about the heel turn.

They would have been angry that Austin wasn't allowed to beat Rock clean, and THEN heel turn.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Gonna agree with these ones here:

bradzilla posted:

HM SD Tag Title
MOTY Kofi/Bryan
WMOTY Angle/Corbin

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
I think there was some over usage of all types, but also it’s Wrestlemania and everything should be good

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

Tomahawk posted:

I think there was some over usage of all types, but also it’s Wrestlemania and everything should be good

I mean, should we have a generic PPV review thread so people can express their irritation with run of the mill Bad Matches and Bad Overlong PPVs without having to hyperbolically claim things are WORST OF THE YEAR when they're actually just moist sharts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Senerio posted:

HM: The Miz vs Shane "The Best in the world... THE BEST IN THE WORLD" McMahon

I needed that after the past few matches

Meant to say but nth

e: also HM Ronda/Charlotte/Becky