Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

I am a few short hours away from seeing Yob for the 3rd time.. haven't been to a metal show since December.. I'm about to rage very hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Varg posted:

I am a few short hours away from seeing Yob for the 3rd time.. haven't been to a metal show since December.. I'm about to rage very hard.

Just saw them last night and they sounded so loving good it was beautiful. Voivod also played a great set, they’re under appreciated.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Yob is still the loudest show I've ever seen.

Well, either them or Boris.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Well, either them or Boris.

Boris at the 930 Club is second only to Mogwai at the 930 Club

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
Saw Yob Wednesday night. Aside from some shitheads that were talking during some of the sets (especially the middleaged Voivod fans that can go gently caress themselves to death), it was a good night overall. Yob is still one of the best live acts I have ever seen and after 8 or 9 times they still deliver. They are everything.

Also saw Thou/Emma Ruth Rundle (they played as one band) last night. Really good pairing. Thou, like Yob, is a band I have to see whenever they come nearby and always make me happy.

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

middleaged Voivod fans are badass

Idioteque Dance
Jun 19, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
The poster for Sleep at Roadburn, because how else would it look:

Less Claypool
Apr 16, 2009

More Primus For Fucks Sake.

Idioteque Dance posted:

This is cool, reminds me of Yes.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Moebius/Heavy Metal vibes

Slothful Bong
Dec 2, 2018

Filling the Void with Chaos
God drat, Thou + Emma Ruth Rundle were awesome. Best way to spend a Sunday afternoon.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Slothful Bong posted:

God drat, Thou + Emma Ruth Rundle were awesome. Best way to spend a Sunday afternoon.

Yeah that was great, I wish there were more matinee shows!

Kinda wish the lead vocalist would branch out a little but Rundle and the other guitarist/vocalist rounded it out really well.

im_sorry
Jan 15, 2006

(9999)
Ultra Carp

Detective Thompson posted:

(especially the middleaged Voivod fans that can go gently caress themselves to death)

Hey.. Voivod is the band that got me into metal in the first place back in the late 80s, with their video for Tribal Convictions. And I'm 43, which, sadly, counts as middle aged. :sigh:

That's where it all started for me.. going downstairs while my older brother is watching the Power Hour on MuchMusic, and this comes on - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfpYIPbrcdY
(Not really stoner/doom/sludge, but they're apparently quite heavy stoners, so maybe it counts)

I didn't actually get a copy of Dimension: Hatross until about a decade later, when it became the soundtrack to my microbiology class in 1999. Which I took with my future and current wife. Which was twenty years ago. I really *am* a middle aged Voivod fan!!

im_sorry fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Apr 8, 2019

Slothful Bong
Dec 2, 2018

Filling the Void with Chaos

Snowy posted:

Yeah that was great, I wish there were more matinee shows!

Kinda wish the lead vocalist would branch out a little but Rundle and the other guitarist/vocalist rounded it out really well.

I assume official St. Vitus vids will be up at some point, but someone tossed up a couple songs already! Their cover of The Cranberries "Hollywood" was drat incredible, and the sound at Vitus was pretty spot on as always. I'm hoping with all my being they release an album of this stuff, this has been the most unexpected awesome collab I've heard in a very long time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fy-p1mSKGAw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nVhI7ldARs

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

Idioteque Dance posted:

I'm seeing them in Athens, 2 days later :D

Don't know if the promoter made posters though

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

There was a time when I fed from golden chalices,
but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.
My Yob / Voivod / Amenra show report from the weekend...

Aaron turned 36 Sunday. We had cake and sang happy birthday to him. I met the entire ban after the show. Cool guys to hang out and chat with. Amenra was also highly enjoyable. Those guys REALLY like some Neurosis.

Less Claypool
Apr 16, 2009

More Primus For Fucks Sake.

Baron Von Ghoulosh posted:

Aaron turned 36 Sunday. We had cake and sang happy birthday to him. I met the entire ban after the show. Cool guys to hang out and chat with. Amenra was also highly enjoyable. Those guys REALLY like some Neurosis.

That is awesome and defiantly confirms metal has the best scene.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Baron Von Ghoulosh posted:

Awwwwww :3:

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

Oranssi Pazuzu I already knew was cool but Dark Buddha Rising I hadn't heard and this collab is pretty good. Thanks!

VELOUR SPACESUIT
Feb 4, 2008

Well well well, this looks to be one disturbingly erotic post
Was going to drive down to Knoxville for the Yob/VOIVOD/Amenra tonight, but literally all my friends canceled on me this morning so I can't make it. Such a bummer.

At least there still is Electric Wizard and Sunn O))) next week :rock:

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
drat this remastered Sunnata album sounds pretty good https://sunnataofficial.bandcamp.com/album/climbing-the-colossus-remastered

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
https://greenlung.bandcamp.com/

Frank Caskelot
Jan 31, 2009

I'm seeing Sleep tonight. Anyone else caught them on this tour? How are they? How's Matt's foot?

Idioteque Dance
Jun 19, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
First day of Roadburn today! Super good so far but looks like I won't actually be seeing any S/D/S at all today in favour of folk, ambient, psyche etc. About to see Lingua Ignota then Heilung and I can't wait.

I'm sure the four hours of Sleep riffs will make up for it.

Idioteque Dance fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Apr 11, 2019

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Hail Satan Eat rear end

Idioteque Dance
Jun 19, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Hail Satan Eat rear end

2019 mood

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

Seeing Yob tomorrow night for the first time ever!

My body (and ear plugs) are ready. Hopefully they melt faces.

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

hatelull posted:

Seeing Yob tomorrow night for the first time ever!

My body (and ear plugs) are ready. Hopefully they melt faces.
This time around was pretty awesome, you'll love it.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man

Varg posted:

This time around was pretty awesome, you'll love it.

i was really looking forward to seeing Yob last weekend, but had to travel for a funeral, instead. my coworker said they sounded fantastic , though, and even had a good chat with Mike, but he didn't end up getting wasted himself, much less with the band.

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

Idioteque Dance posted:

First day of Roadburn today! Super good so far but looks like I won't actually be seeing any S/D/S at all today in favour of folk, ambient, psyche etc. About to see Lingua Ignota then Heilung and I can't wait.

should be awesome though, have fun :D

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
EyeHateGod + The Obsessed tonight. :catdrugs:

Idioteque Dance
Jun 19, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Holy poo poo you guys weren't kidding about Thou & ERR :stare:

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

man I desperately hope they release some kind of recording of the Thou + ERR stuff

Idioteque Dance
Jun 19, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Anyone got their hands on the new Sunn?

Sleep were amazing as expected. Tone was divine. All of Holy Mountain, then Dopesmoker and Clarity

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Idioteque Dance posted:

Sleep were amazing as expected. Tone was divine. All of Holy Mountain, then Dopesmoker and Clarity

I grabbed the record today. Haven't had a chance to listen yet though. I wanna get super extremely high and get lost in it for a while.

Nativity In Black
Oct 24, 2012

If you're gonna have roads, you're gonna have roadkill.
New Inter Arma and Big Business records were exactly what I wanted. 2019 slays.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Nativity In Black posted:

New Inter Arma and Big Business records were exactly what I wanted. 2019 slays.

Thanks for the reminder on the Inter Arma album bumping this poo poo rn.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Just posting an interest check for anyone that wants to hang at the sunn cave show, since there seems to be several people going.

Shakenbaker, I don't think I have your number but if you want to circle up with me + my folks lemme know

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Barring some unforeseen issue I should be up there on Thursday and my hotel is in Monteagle so I'll have a little bit of a haul to and from the show but I'm down to meet up ahead of the show. I don't have your number either but if you send me a PM or an email at dawdr at hotmail dot com with your number then we can figure something out.

Right now I'm hoping to traipse around in the woods on Friday and maybe Saturday morning but the forecast isn't looking too friendly to my Florida blood.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Idioteque Dance posted:

i got it, i think it's good

The production or what have you is nice imo, I was afraid Albini would manage to make it quite dry but I don't think he did