Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
No edits here my friend.

The seacock is the red valve behind him. The 70s were a funnier time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

if it's seacocks you're curious about...

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

You get those goddamn scooby-doos, spidey

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I hope lubrication is one of his spider powers, looks like he'll need it

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Jordan7hm posted:

No edits here my friend.

The seacock is the red valve behind him. The 70s were a funnier time.
Well I'll be damned.

Ghostlight posted:

if it's seacocks you're curious about...

One of this guy's Men-Fish is just straight up The Thing with an entire toadfish for a head.

VileLL
Oct 3, 2015

i'm on a seacock diet

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

VileLL posted:

i'm on a seacock diet

I hear that's good for you.

Benito Cereno
Jan 20, 2006

ALLEZ-OUP!

VileLL posted:

i'm on a seacock diet

This joke is like fine jazz. It’s the notes you didn’t play

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

The Question IRL posted:

That's fantastic. I really dig that level of injoke.

Fun facts

1) The Gobots predate the Transformers. Transformers are the RIP offs.

2) The Gobots origins are they were all organics. Then some cosmic phenomena fused all people with nearby machines. Hench why some people are planes and trucks.
We learn this fact in the Gobots versus the Rock Lords movie where the same thing happened on another planet...only those guys got fused with rocks instead of cool machines.

3) The leader of the good Gobots was the aptly named Leader One.
The head of the Autobots was Optimus Prime.

Optimus was a Latin word for Officer or Leader.
Prime was a Latin word for First.
So they basically had the same name.

Neither are ripoffs of the other. Go-Bots were repurposed figures from the Bandai toyline Machine Robo; Tramsformers were derived (mostly) from Takara toylines Diaclone and Microchange. Both adaptations were roughly simultaneous.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Benito Cereno posted:

This joke is like fine jazz. It’s the notes you didn’t play

Oh.

Oh!

:lol:

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Cover of the next Batman issue.

Yes, really.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

:thunk:

Infinitum posted:

It spins

Fantastic Four #5

Jen hulking out in the background :allears:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

thats just mean taking a blind girl to a no touching strip club.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
in the middle of an incredibly dark story too, wow. i legitimately thought there was no possible way that was correct.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Presented with 0 context

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Teenage Fansub posted:

Yes, really.

It's tradition

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Two of these male strip club pages are drawn as to be focused on women's breasts.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Lurdiak posted:

Two of these male strip club pages are drawn as to be focused on women's breasts.

Both are drawn by a woman.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Amanda Conner knows how to pay the bills.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Open Marriage Night posted:

Amanda Conner knows how to pay the bills.

If ever you get the chance to see her on a panel you need to ask her what her artistic inspirations are for her female characters. She's loving hilarious.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
We probably won't so...what are they?

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Infinitum posted:

Presented with 0 context

"It was at this point the drugs began to kick in."

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Lurdiak posted:

Female Superhero designs summarized.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Teenage Fansub posted:

Yes, really.

I'm pretty sure Josie and the Pussycats isn't in the DC universe, who's the character in the upper right?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Bruceski posted:

I'm pretty sure Josie and the Pussycats isn't in the DC universe, who's the character in the upper right?

Cheetah maybe? I don't read DC these days..

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
Vixen would be my guess, but I only know her from the old Justice League cartoon.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Ryan North has just suddenly got an erection and he doesn't know why.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

What does "grew themselves out of existence" mean? Is this like that world turtle myth and all of Earth is just sitting on a T-rex's back?

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

TwoPair posted:

What does "grew themselves out of existence" mean? Is this like that world turtle myth and all of Earth is just sitting on a T-rex's back?

Before the Chicxulub impact was hypothesized, the prevailing thought about the reason the dinosaurs went extinct was that, under evolutionary pressure to become larger, they were vulnerable to being out-competed by small mammals, who drove them to extinction by being clever and nimble. The term "dinosaur" to refer to something slow, oversized, rigid, and formerly dominant is a legacy of this now-outdated theory.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/BakiOOC/status/1114711017303564289

Senju Kannon
Apr 9, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

that's che guevara, by the way

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
context doesn't make baki any less strange

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

Well now, this one's just taking the piss.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Bongo Bill posted:

Before the Chicxulub impact was hypothesized, the prevailing thought about the reason the dinosaurs went extinct was that, under evolutionary pressure to become larger, they were vulnerable to being out-competed by small mammals, who drove them to extinction by being clever and nimble. The term "dinosaur" to refer to something slow, oversized, rigid, and formerly dominant is a legacy of this now-outdated theory.

Ah. That's much more of a bummer than I expected...

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Bongo Bill posted:

So the term "dinosaur" is a dinosaur. Makes u think

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Alacron posted:

Vixen would be my guess, but I only know her from the old Justice League cartoon.

Vixen is the only black female character that's old enough to go to a strip club.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Alhazred posted:

Vixen is the only black female character that's old enough to go to a strip club.

Amanda Waller's certainly old enough but I doubt she would go to Catwoman's bachelorette party.

Are they still doing the supermodel looking version of her they introduced at the start of New 52?

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Skwirl posted:

Amanda Waller's certainly old enough but I doubt she would go to Catwoman's bachelorette party.

I feel like Waller would be one hell of a partier if you could actually get her to unwind for a minute.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Alhazred posted:

I sat here thinking about this for about 5 minutes before I got real mad/sad.