Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cav
Jun 7, 2002

I'm a (3 star) Highway Star.
My friend and I went to Takeover and the G-1 Supercard over the weekend. I'm so glad we skipped out on Mania as a) that show was a slog and b) our backs were killing us alone from 2 days in stadium seating. How does anyone do like 4-5 days of that during Mania Weekend?

FWIW:

Takeover:

HM: War Raiders vs. Ricochet and Aleister Black - This was just a phenomenal opener with the four really playing well into how Black and Rowe/Hanson Ricochet pair up.

HM: Velveteen Dream vs. Matthew Riddle - While overshadowed by a lot of other matches this weekend, I thought this had the best storytelling of any match I saw.

MOTY: Walter vs. Pete Dunne - My sentimental pick for match of the night. The first few minutes were a bit off, but after that I loved every second of these two trying to murder each other dead.

MOTY: Johnny Gargano vs. Adam Cole - Stated off a little slow, but that third fall was an absolute banger.

G-1 Supercard:

HM: 30-Man Honor Rumble - Look, this might not have been the prettiest thing or the most technical thing, but holy hell was the crowd nonstop marking out for 40+ minutes. The roof just about blew off the place when Muta came out.

MOTY: Will Ospreay vs. Jeff Cobb - Ospreay continues to be one of the best lightweights to work with big men, and Cobb managed to make the beating he took believable despite the size difference.

WMOTY: Kelly Klein vs. Mayu Iwatami - Brutal. Just brutal. This felt like a relic of a decade ago when women's matches were clunky bathroom breaks It was especially glaring after how good the women's six-man tag opener was (I guess this might not have aired).

HM: Zack Saber Jr. vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi - This was exactly what you'd expect from these two.

MOTY: Kota Ibushi vs. Tetsuya Naito vs. their necks - The match of the weekend IMO. Holy hell was that awesome. The only thing that held it back from perfection was a handful of sloppy spots.

MOTY: Kazuchika Okada vs. Jay White - My friend and I kept joking throughout this "remember that time Jay White had that one bad match with Tanahashi and everyone wrote off his career?" What a difference a year makes. Despite the abbreviated run, White proved here why Gedo sees him as the future of the company. The crowd hung on every minute of this match despite the fact we were five hours into the show.

Wrestlemania:

WMOTY: Baron Corbin vs. Kurt Angle - Look, I am a full proponent of going out on your back, but if you're going to have Angle do the job for an up-and-comer, you don't pick a heatless Baron Corbin for it. This was just a big F-U to fans that were clamoring for an Angle vs. Cena match.

MOTY: Daniel Bryan vs. Kofi Kingston - Nothing else on that 7-hour slog even compared to this. A perfect conclusion to the Kofi storyline.

Cav fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Apr 8, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Ass
Apr 21, 2008

Mukaikubo posted:

After sleeping on it I am still grumpy-old-manning about people using Very Good matches as MTOYCs and Meh matches as WMOTYCs.

How dare you suggest that the IWC is prone to hyperbole

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Motyc Kofi vs Bryan
Wmoty Shane vs miz

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Good luck to j-ru on going through these last few pages

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

jesus WEP posted:

Gonna agree with these ones here:

:same: my only complaint was that the SD tag match should've gone on longer, it was really fun overall

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Tbh if that were longer and Triple H/Batista was, like, 10-15 minutes shorter, it would’ve sped things up a lot

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Mukaikubo posted:

After sleeping on it I am still grumpy-old-manning about people using Very Good matches as MTOYCs and Meh matches as WMOTYCs. You shouldn't nominate more than one match for either from a single event! :argh:

Given that, on reflection, my one WMOTYC for the event:

WMOTYC, Kurt Angle vs. Baron Corbin, Wrestlemania

This made me just feel embarrassed and angry. The other 'bad' matches ranged from mediocre to bad, but this one was terrible.

Find solace in that none of it matters

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
MOTYC: Daniel Bryan vs. Kofi Kingston, Wrestlemania
HM: The Usos vs. The Bar vs. Aleister Black/Ricochet vs. Shinsuke Nakamura/Rusev, Wrestlemania
WMOTYC: Kurt Angle vs. Baron Corbin, Wrestlemania

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
I’ll add:

MOTYC: Daniel Bryan/Kofi Kingston
HM: Becky Lynch/Charlotte Flair/Ronda Rousey
HM: Smackdown tag title match
WMOTYC: HHH/Batista

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
I'm way behind, so all apologies to HulkaMatt as I dump a bunch of nominations.

Starting with what I've seen from WrestleMania weekend:

MOTYC: Minoru Suzuki vs. Josh Barnett, Josh Barnett's Bloodsport
HM: Davey Boy Smith Jr. vs Killer Kross, Josh Barnett's Bloodsport
HM: Jonathan Gresham vs. Masashi Takeda, Josh Barnett's Bloodsport
HM: Akito & Ethan Page vs. HARASHIMA & Kazusada Higuchi vs. Jason Kincaid & Shigehiro Irie, DDT is Coming to America
HM: Daisuke Sasaki vs. Konosuke Takeshita, DDT is Coming to America
HM: Hideki Suzuki vs. Timothy Thatcher, Josh Barnett's Bloodsport
HM: Ortiz & Santana vs. Alexander James & Jurn Simmons, wXw Amerika Ist Wunderbar
HM: Isaias Velazquez & Kylie Rae vs. Robert Anthony & Shotzi Blackheart, IWTV Family Reunion
HM: A-Kid vs. Air Wolf, CHIKARA Once Upon a Beginning
HM: Mark Angelosetti vs. Dasher Hatfield, CHIKARA Once Upon a Beginning

And some earlier stuff:

MOTYC: Kaito Kiyomiya vs. Kenou, NOAH Navigation for the Future 2019 (1/6) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gs1dCznH9ww
MOTYC: KAI vs. Kento Miyahara (c), Triple Crown, AJPW New Years War (1/3) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ecsKpPyiAI
MOTYC: Minoru Suzuki vs. SANADA, New Beginning in Sapporo (2/2)
HM: AJ Styles vs. Daniel Bryan vs. Jeff Hardy vs. Kofi Kingston vs. Randy Orton vs. Samoa Joe, Elimination Chamber
HM: The Velveteen Dream vs. Johnny Gargano, NXT #340
HM: EVIL vs. Zack Sabre Jr., New Beginning in Sapporo (2/2)
HM: Hiroshi Tanahashi & Kazuchika Okada vs. Bad Luck Fale & Jay White, New Beginning in Sapporo (2/2)
HM: Andrade vs. R-Truth vs. Rey Mysterio vs. Samoa Joe, Fastlane
HM: Daniel Bryan vs. Kevin Owens vs. Mustafa Ali, Fastlane
HM: Baron Corbin, Bobby Lashley & Drew McIntyre vs. Dean Ambrose, Roman Reigns & Seth Rollins, Fastlane
HM: Akira Tozawa vs. Buddy Murphy, Elimination Chamber
HM: Adam Cole vs. Ricochet, NXT #339
HM: Laredo Kid & Taurus vs. Pentagon Jr. & Fenix, MLW Intimidation Games - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nonWdHgFLnk
HM: Penta 0M & Rey Fénix vs Cibernético & Rush vs. Hijo de LA Park & LA Park, The Crash CDMX? (1/27) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFXMw3tBohw
HM: Dragón Lee & Golden Magic vs Fénix & Flamita, Sanchez Arena Neza (1/27) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5ipUf6mjEc&t=3829s
HM: Aleister Black & Ricochet vs. Bobby Roode & Chad Gable vs. Dash Wilder & Scott Dawson, Fastlane

Punch McLightning fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Apr 9, 2019

GenericMartini
Oct 22, 2012

AYYYYY PAPI
HM: Tony Nese vs. Buddy Murphy - 205 Live 4/9/2019

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
HM Buddy Murphy vs Tony Nese 4/9/19 205 Live

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Veto

Senerio fucked around with this message at 08:28 on Aug 17, 2019

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
Using my work from home day to catch up on Mania (and also do work bar the stuff that grabs me) and:

MOTYC: Daniel Bryan (c) vs Kofi Kingston, WWE Championship, Wrestlemania 35

This is the best WWE main roster match in an incredibly long time; possibly since Punk/Cena although I'd have to rewatch that. I'm also argue that it is better than any NXT match since Gargano/Almas. Its the Bryan Danielson at his ROH peak against an incredibly over, very talented firey babyface. The crowd were living and dying on every near fall at the end, you had a heel interference spot which actually added to the match in my eyes (usually I hate them; that one I think worked because it wasn't overdone and it didn't make Kofi look silly like they all tend to do) and it all built up to a perfect finish and the great post-match. If I were to give it a star rating I'd say 4.5; third best match of the weekend for me. One thing that I thought was GREAT that might have not been noticed by other people were Big E and Xavier Woods on the outside during that match: it shows the value that good allies can have on a match even in a singles match. There are NXT matches that are technically better and athletically more impressive but a good story can counterweight all of that and this is a perfect example of that.

Only just finished that match and everything else has been... good but not great. I'm working so I've not been watching intently but nothing really grabbed me other than some spots in the Miz match.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

I am also catching up on last weekend's wrestling and would like to add noms (if they're still needed) for the following:

MOTYC War Raiders vs Black/Ricochet - NXT Takeover
HM Velveteen Dream vs Matt Riddle - NXT Takeover
MOTYC Adam Cole vs Johnny Gargano - NXT Takeover

HM Jeff Cobb vs Will Ospreay - G1 Supercard
HM ZSJ vs Tanahashi - G1 Supercard
MOTYC Naito vs Kota Ibushi - G1 Supercard (holy drat RIP)
MOTYC White vs Okada - G1 Supercard

MOTYC Daniel Bryan vs Kofi Kingston - Wrestlemania

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

WMOTYC
Daichi Hashimoto vs Takashi Yoshida - All Japan Pro Wrestling - 4/4/19

This might be a little harsh but it was just so dead. The first match on the first night of AJPW's big singles tournament Champions Carnival, you'd expect a bit of fire but this was so lifeless. There's undoubtedly worse matches this year but few if any will be this boring.

HM
Atsuhi Aoki vs Kento Miyahara - All Japan Pro Wrestling - 4/4/19

This was more like it. The Triple Crown champion against a former Junior champion who is a late replacement for Kengo Mashimo. The result is never in doubt but Aoki puts up a firey challenge. Perhaps Kento underestimated him but he was certainly on the back foot for long periods. A simple, classic wrestling story executed really well.

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Apr 18, 2019

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Dragon Gate Korakuen Hall 4/10

HM: MaxiMuM Steel Cage Representative Decision Match - Naruki Doi & Dragon Kid vs. Masato Yoshino & Kaito Ishida
HM: R・E・D Steel Cage Representative Decision Match - Eita & Takashi Yoshida vs. Big R Shimizu & Ben-K

MOTYC: Aagan Iisou (Shuji Kondo, “brother” YASSHI, Toru Owashi, Takuya Sugawara, and Shogo “Jet” Takagi) vs. Tribe Vanguard (YAMATO, Kagetora, Yosuke♡Santa Maria, U-T, and KAI)

Was an HM for Maria tapping Owashi on the dick and shouting *ding*, but then I saw love bloom on the battlefield.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

MOTYC: Tsukasa Fujimoto vs. TinTin the Giant Panda - Ice Ribbon (3/31)

Backstory: Tsukasa Fujimoto won the women's wrestler of the year award from Tokyo Sports this year. During the Awards Ceremony, Tokyo Sports photographers caught her kissing popular wrestler and giant panda, Andreza the Giant Panda. Andreza's scorned wife TinTin, challenged Fujimoto to a match at Ice Ribbon's Korakuen Hall show and attacked her during a press conference causing Tsukka to be hospitalised.

It's really funny, and also Fujimoto is such a good wrestler that she pulls some generally innovative spots out of a guy in a 7 foot panda costume. The emotional climax of the match is something you need to experience for yourselves.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

MOTYC: Tsukasa Fujimoto vs. TinTin the Giant Panda - Ice Ribbon (3/31)

Backstory: Tsukasa Fujimoto won the women's wrestler of the year award from Tokyo Sports this year. During the Awards Ceremony, Tokyo Sports photographers caught her kissing popular wrestler and giant panda, Andreza the Giant Panda. Andreza's scorned wife TinTin, challenged Fujimoto to a match at Ice Ribbon's Korakuen Hall show and attacked her during a press conference causing Tsukka to be hospitalised.

It's really funny, and also Fujimoto is such a good wrestler that she pulls some generally innovative spots out of a guy in a 7 foot panda costume. The emotional climax of the match is something you need to experience for yourselves.

2nd! That was amazing.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I wanted to catch up on Stardom before the NYC show but other than a couple matches I failed. Anyway!

MOTYC: Momo Watanabe vs Tam Nakano (Wonder of Stardom title, 1/14/19)

Momo and Cavernario are neck and neck for Most Outstanding Wrestler.

MassRafTer fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Apr 12, 2019

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

I wanted to catch up on Stardom before the NYC show but other than a couple matches I failed. Anyway!

MOTYC: Momo Watanabe vs Tam Nakano (Wonder of Stardom title, 1/14/19)

Momo and Cavernario are neck and neck for Most Outstanding Wrestler.

Watch the Jungle Kyona match.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Watch the Jungle Kyona match.

I already nominated it.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

HM: Titan and Barbaro Cavernario vs. Soberano and Sanson - Torneo de Parejas Increibles Semifinal - CMLL Viernes Espectacular - 4-12-19

MOTYC - Titan and Barbaro Cavernario vs. Caristico and Mephisto - Torneo de Parejas Increibles Final - CMLL Viernes Espectacular - 4-12-19

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

with the debate about deathmatches in the AEW thread, it's worth remembering that Masashi Takeda is the best wrestler in the world

MOTYC: Masashi Takeda vs. Toshiyuki Sakuda (BJW Deathmatch Survivor 2/28)

https://rutube.ru/video/57e14b85b3652d5c34e27534be16e3c2
I just watched this on BJW Core and I second it. For all the people that saw Takeda vs. The Different Boy Jimmy Lloyd last weekend, this is on the level with that. Watch this and give it some nominations so that it can make the list.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

with the debate about deathmatches in the AEW thread, it's worth remembering that Masashi Takeda is the best wrestler in the world

MOTYC: Masashi Takeda vs. Toshiyuki Sakuda (BJW Deathmatch Survivor 2/28)

https://rutube.ru/video/57e14b85b3652d5c34e27534be16e3c2

3rd. Match rules

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
HM: Ryuji Ito vs Isami Kodaka (BJW Deathmatch Survivor 2/28)

Not quite as good as Takeda/Sakuda but also very gross and this one has two giant panes of glass.

https://rutube.ru/video/db3d10d480294f7e54e6b3d98e65033b/

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

If you're picking and choosing your way through the Deathmatch Survivor, don't skip Takeda vs. RSP. Not quite good enough for me to give a HM nod too, but it's cool seeing Takeda doing a sprint instead of a big main event. It was loving wild.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

KungFu Grip posted:

Good luck to j-ru on going through these last few pages

I actually kept up all through Mania weekend and kept the OP as up to date as possible, I've let it slide the last few days though. With that said...

:siren: EVERY UNSUCCESSFUL NOMINATION FROM THE FIRST MINUTE OF 2019 TO THE LAST MINUTE OF WRESTLEMANIA 35 NOW HAS EXACTLY ONE WEEK TO GET THEIR REQUIRED VOTES BEFORE BEING PURGED FROM THE LIST :siren:

I don't mind keeping up with the current stuff but it's becoming a minefield going back through older matches in addition to that, so I'll do this 2-3 times during the year, probably again roughly around the end of the G1 and then again at the end of the year to clean things up. These are the current matches that have more than one vote but haven't hit the required threshold:

Matches of the Year - 7 Votes Required - Matches close to the threshold in bold

01/03 | Kento Miyahara vs. KAI - AJPW (6 votes)
01/03 | #STRONGHEARTS vs. All Out - DDT (2 votes)
01/05 | Los Ingobernables de Japon (Tetsuya Naito, Sanada, EVIL, BUSHI, Shingo Takagi) vs. Suzukigun (Minoru Suzuki, Zack Sabre Jr, Taichi, El Deseprado, Yoshinobu Kanemaru) - New Japan New Year's Dash (4 votes)
01/05 | T-Hawk vs. Shotaro Ashino - W-1 WRESTLE-1 Tour 2019 Sunrise - Tag 1 (3 votes)
01/16 | Shun Skywalker vs. Kaito Ishida in the Final Round of the Rookie Ranking Tournament - Dragon Gate Open The New Year Gate 2019 Tag 4 (2 votes)
01/26 | Tommaso Ciampa (C) vs. Aleister Black for the NXT Championship - NXT Takeover Phoenix (5 votes)
01/27 | Brock Lesnar (C) vs. Finn Balor for the Universal Championship - WWE Royal Rumble (4 votes)
02/15 | Caristico, Mistico y El Valiente vs. Ultimo Guerrero, Euforia y Gran Guerreo - CMLL (3 votes)
02/17 | Jun Kasai vs. Alex Colon - GCW They Said It Couldn't Be Done (2 Votes)
02/17 | Konosuke Takeshita vs. Daisuke Sasaki - DDT Judgement (3 votes)
02/28 | Masashi Takeda vs. Toshiyuki Sakuda - BJW Deathmatch Survivor (3 votes)
03/03 | Momo Watanabe (C) vs. Jungle Kyona for the Wonder of Stardom Championship - Dreamslam in Nagoya (3 votes)
03/16 | The Rey de Reyes Match - AAA Rey de Reyes (3 votes)
03/21 | ALL OUT (Konosuke Takeshita, Akito & Yuki Iino) (c) vs. Meiko Satomura, DASH Chisako & Chihiro Hashimoto for the KO-D Six Man Championship - DDT Into the Fight (3 votes)
03/31 | Tsukasa Fujimoto vs. TinTin the Giant Panda - Ice Ribbon (2 votes)
04/04 | Bandido vs. Will Ospreay - Wrestlecon Supershow (2 votes)
04/05 | Momo Watanabe vs Utami Hayashishita - Stardom: American Dream in the Big Apple (4 Votes)
04/05 | STARS vs Oedo-tai 8 Woman Elimination match - Stardom: American Dream in the Big Apple (3 Votes)
04/06 | Jay Lethal (C) vs. Matt Taven vs. Marty Scurll for the ROH World Championship - G1 Supercard (6 votes)
04/07 | Brock Lesnar (C) vs. Seth Rollins for the Universal Championship - Wrestlemania 35 (4 votes)

Worst Matches of the Year - 5 Votes Required - Matches close to the threshold in bold

01/04 | Cody Rhodes (C) vs. Juice Robinson for the IWGP United States Championship - New Japan Wrestle Kingdom 13 (3 votes)
03/03 | Blue Demon Jr vs. La Parka vs. Dr Wagner Jr - AAA (2 votes)
04/04 | Dominic Garrini vs. Phil Baroni - Josh Barnett's Bloodsport (2 votes)
04/05 | Sami Callihan vs. The Mancer - MLW Rise of the Renegades/Fusion (2 Votes)
04/06 | Mayu Iwatani (C) vs. Kelly Klein for the Women of Honor Championship - G1 Supercard (3 votes)
04/07 | Women's Battle Royal - Wrestlemania 35 (4 votes)
04/07 | The Revival (C) vs. Curt Hawkins & Zack Ryder for the Raw Tag Team Titles - Wrestlemania 35 (2 votes)
04/07 | Shane McMahon vs. The Miz - Wrestlemania 35 (4 votes)

Honorable Mentions - 7 Votes Required - Matches close to the threshold in bold

02/12 | Daniel Bryan vs. Kofi Kingston vs. Samoa Joe vs. AJ Styles vs. Randy Orton in a Gauntlet Match - WWE Smackdown (4 votes)
02/20 | Johnny Gargano vs. the Velveteen Dream for the NXT North American Championship - NXT (6 votes)
03/03 | PAC vs. Shun Skywalker - Dragon Gate (2 votes)
03/06 | Bushi and Shingo Takagi vs. Roppongi 3K - NJPW (6 votes)
03/06 | Jordan Devlin vs. Travis Banks - NXT UK (4 votes)
03/06 | The EU vs. Black and Ricochet - NXT (4 votes)
03/06 | Moustache Mountain vs. Street Profits - NXT (3 votes)
03/06 | TUE vs. DIY - NXT (4 votes)
03/08 | Juice Robinson vs. Chase Owens - New Japan Cup Night 1 (3 votes)
03/09 | Kazuchika Okada vs. Michael Elgin - New Japan Cup Night 2 (5 votes)
03/11 | SANADA vs. Hirooki Goto - New Japan Cup Night 4 (3 votes)
03/12 | Daniel Bryan (C) vs. Kevin Owens vs. Mustafa Ali for the WWE Championship - WWE Fastlane (5 votes)
03/12 | The Shield vs. Drew, Lashley and Corbin - WWE Fastlane (3 votes)
03/15 | The Briscoes vs. PCO & Brody King for the ROH Tag Titles - ROH 17th Anniversary Show (4 votes)
03/16 | Los Ingobernables vs. Los Hermanos Chavez in a Hair vs. Hair match - CMLL Homenaje a Dos Leyendas (2 votes)
03/16 | Lucha Bros vs Los Mercenarios - AAA (2 votes)
03/16 | Lucha Bros vs. Young Bucks - AAA (3 votes)
03/18 | La Familia Real vs. Los Guerreros Laguneros - CMLL Arena Puebla (3 votes)
03/20 | Tomohiro Ishii vs YOSHI-HASHI - New Japan Cup Night 9 (6 votes)
03/20 | Kazuchika Okada vs. Will Ospreay - New Japan Cup Night 9 (6 votes)
03/20 | NXT Fatal Fiveway - NXT (6 votes)
03/23 | SANADA vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi - New Japan Cup Semi-Final (4 votes)
04/04 | Soma Takao and Tetsuya Endo vs. Yukio Sakaguchi and Masahiro Takanishi - DDT Coming to America (5 votes)
04/04 | HARASHIMA and Kazusada Higuchi vs Jason Kincaid and Shigehiro Irie vs Ethan Page and Akito - DDT Coming to America (5 votes)
04/04 | Nick Gage vs. Jeff Cannonball vs. Matt Tremont vs. Addy Starr in a Lego Deathmatch - ISW Boner Jam IV: Balls Out (4 votes)
04/04 | Zack Sabre Jr vs Shane Strickland - Wrestlecon Supershow (3 votes)
04/04 | Miyu Yamashita (c) vs Maki Itoh for the TJPW Princess of Princess Championship - TJPW (4 votes)
04/05 | Scott Steiner vs. Swoggle - AIW Slumber Party Massacre (5 votes)
04/05 | The Rascalz vs. Adam Brooks, Robbie Eagles & Australian Suicide - Wrestlecon: USA vs. The World (2 votes)
04/05 | A-Kid vs Air Wolf - Chikara Once Upon a Beginning (3 votes)
04/05 | Zack Sabre Jr & Minoru Suzuki vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi & Will Ospreay - RevPro Live in New York (3 votes)
04/06 | Flip Gordon, Juice Robinson & Mark Haskins vs. Bully Ray, Shane Taylor & Silas Young in a Street Fight - G1 Supercard (4 votes)
04/06 | GoD (C) vs. The Briscoes (C) vs. Villain Enterprises vs. LIJ for the IWGP and ROH World Tag Team Championships - G1 Supercard (5 votes)
04/09 | Tony Nese vs. Buddy Murphy - WWE 205 Live (5 votes)

Edit: Updated through to sportsgenius86's nominations below.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Apr 15, 2019

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Do the ones that just miss getting all motyc nominations still fall into the HM section after this.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

If I haven't given Tony Deppen vs. No Legs an HM then I'll push it onto the list.

I'd recommend making your next purge the end of the G1 because it's two thirds through the year and that's going to be hard to keep up with.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
HM for Thatcher vs Hideki suzuki because i thought i nominated that already but didn't

Edit:
WMOTYC noms to any and all Blackcraft matches from mania. Absolute poo poo show

KungFu Grip fucked around with this message at 08:54 on Apr 15, 2019

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

I'd recommend making your next purge the end of the G1 because it's two thirds through the year and that's going to be hard to keep up with.

Good point.

KungFu Grip posted:

Do the ones that just miss getting all motyc nominations still fall into the HM section after this.

Yep, 4 MOTY votes automatically puts a match into the HM Category.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

I actually kept up all through Mania weekend and kept the OP as up to date as possible, I've let it slide the last few days though. With that said...

:siren: EVERY UNSUCCESSFUL NOMINATION FROM THE FIRST MINUTE OF 2019 TO THE LAST MINUTE OF WRESTLEMANIA 35 NOW HAS EXACTLY ONE WEEK TO GET THEIR REQUIRED VOTES BEFORE BEING PURGED FROM THE LIST :siren:

ok. nth the following MOTYCs:

01/03 | Kento Miyahara vs. KAI - AJPW (4 votes)
01/29 | KUSHIDA vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi in KUSHIDA's farewell match - NJPW Road to New Beginning (6 votes)
02/28 | Masashi Takeda vs. Toshiyuki Sakuda - BJW Deathmatch Survivor (3 votes)

nth the following WMOTYCs:

02/17 | BRAUN! vs. Baron Corbin - WWE Elimination Chamber (4 votes)
04/06 | Mayu Iwatani (C) vs. Kelly Klein for the Women of Honor Championship - G1 Supercard (2 votes)
04/07 | Roman Reigns vs. Drew McIntyre - Wrestlemania 35 (4 votes)

nth the following HMs:

02/12 | Daniel Bryan vs. Kofi Kingston vs. Samoa Joe vs. AJ Styles vs. Randy Orton in a Gauntlet Match - WWE Smackdown (2 votes)
02/20 | Johnny Gargano vs. the Velveteen Dream for the NXT North American Championship - NXT (4 votes)
03/12 | Daniel Bryan (C) vs. Kevin Owens vs. Mustafa Ali for the WWE Championship - WWE Fastlane (4 votes)
03/20 | NXT Fatal Fiveway - NXT (5 votes)
04/09 | Tony Nese vs. Buddy Murphy - WWE 205 Live (3 votes)

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Backing these:

MOTYC:
01/03 | Kento Miyahara vs. KAI - AJPW (4 votes)
01/29 | KUSHIDA vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi in KUSHIDA's farewell match - NJPW Road to New Beginning (6 votes)
04/05 | Momo Watanabe vs Utami Hayashishita - Stardom: American Dream in the Big Apple (3 Votes)
04/05 | STARS vs Oedo-tai 8 Woman Elimination match - Stardom: American Dream in the Big Apple (2 Votes)

HM:
02/12 | Daniel Bryan vs. Kofi Kingston vs. Samoa Joe vs. AJ Styles vs. Randy Orton in a Gauntlet Match - WWE Smackdown (2 votes)
02/20 | Johnny Gargano vs. the Velveteen Dream for the NXT North American Championship - NXT (4 votes)
02/22 | Shota Umino vs. Zack Sabre Jr - NJPW Honor Rising (6 votes)
03/06 | Bushi and Shingo Takagi vs. Roppongi 3K - NJPW (5 votes)
03/06 | Jordan Devlin vs. Travis Banks - NXT UK (3 votes)
03/06 | The EU vs. Black and Ricochet - NXT (3 votes)
03/06 | TUE vs. DIY - NXT (3 votes)
03/08 | Juice Robinson vs. Chase Owens - New Japan Cup Night 1 (2 votes)
03/09 | Kazuchika Okada vs. Michael Elgin - New Japan Cup Night 2 (4 votes)
03/11 | SANADA vs. Hirooki Goto - New Japan Cup Night 4 (2 votes)
03/20 | Tomohiro Ishii vs YOSHI-HASHI - New Japan Cup Night 9 (5 votes)
03/20 | Kazuchika Okada vs. Will Ospreay - New Japan Cup Night 9 (5 votes)
03/20 | NXT Fatal Fiveway - NXT (5 votes)
03/23 | SANADA vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi - New Japan Cup Semi-Final (3 votes)
04/05 | A-Kid vs Air Wolf - Chikara Once Upon a Beginning (2 votes)
04/09 | Tony Nese vs. Buddy Murphy - WWE 205 Live (3 votes)

Kevino07
Oct 16, 2008
I will back:

Matches of the Year

01/27 | Brock Lesnar (C) vs. Finn Balor for the Universal Championship - WWE Royal Rumble (4 votes)
04/07 | Brock Lesnar (C) vs. Seth Rollins for the Universal Championship - Wrestlemania 35 (4 votes)

Honorable Mentions - 7 Votes Required - Matches close to the threshold in bold

02/12 | Daniel Bryan vs. Kofi Kingston vs. Samoa Joe vs. AJ Styles vs. Randy Orton in a Gauntlet Match - WWE Smackdown
02/20 | Johnny Gargano vs. the Velveteen Dream for the NXT North American Championship - NXT (6 votes)
03/06 | Jordan Devlin vs. Travis Banks - NXT UK (4 votes)
03/12 | The Shield vs. Drew, Lashley and Corbin - WWE Fastlane
03/12 | Daniel Bryan (C) vs. Kevin Owens vs. Mustafa Ali for the WWE Championship - WWE Fastlane (4 votes)
03/20 | Tomohiro Ishii vs YOSHI-HASHI - New Japan Cup Night 9 (5 votes)
03/20 | Kazuchika Okada vs. Will Ospreay - New Japan Cup Night 9 (5 votes)
04/09 | Tony Nese vs. Buddy Murphy - WWE 205 Live (5 votes)

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
WMOTC: Lacey Evans vs Natalya, RAW 4/15/19

Crowd was absolutely dead the whole time, Lacey pretty much never sold, and everything she did looked like poo poo.

If it isn't worst match of the year, its gotta be up there for most boring match at least. I'm pretty sure the majority of that match was restholds by Lacey.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

DarkstarIV posted:

WMOTYC: Lacey Evans vs Natalya, RAW 4/15/19

Crowd was absolutely dead the whole time, Lacey pretty much never sold, and everything she did looked like poo poo.

If it isn't worst match of the year, its gotta be up there for most boring match at least. I'm pretty sure the majority of that match was restholds by Lacey.

I'll second this. Lacey immediately no-sold the Sharpshooter and then shortly after did a jumping moonsault.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
HM:

Stigma, Magnus and King Jaguar vs Virus, El Perverso and Police Man

Really hot third fall setting up a hair vs hair match next week!

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Dango Bango posted:

I'll second this. Lacey immediately no-sold the Sharpshooter and then shortly after did a jumping moonsault.

Nth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
HM: Finn Balor vs. Andrade, Raw 15/04/19

Turns out when you put the two best wrestlers in WWE together they put on a good show!