Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Whoops, I'm late.

The results!

xaitil - 41
fyodorovich - 83
pathos - 60
foil - 3
insider- 19
ruggan - 33
pratan - 18
war eagle - 58
rabbi - 50

Congrats fyodorovich on your jboots, pathos on 3k, war eagle on 2k and rabbi on 1k!

PM me or post here when's a good time to collect your prizes, I'm avail most nights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Whoops, I'm late.

The results!

xaitil - 41
fyodorovich - 83
pathos - 60
foil - 3
insider- 19
ruggan - 33
pratan - 18
war eagle - 58
rabbi - 50

Congrats fyodorovich on your jboots, pathos on 3k, war eagle on 2k and rabbi on 1k!

PM me or post here when's a good time to collect your prizes, I'm avail most nights.

Fart!!!!

War Eagle
Mar 27, 2007

Getting eaten by the Abominable Snowman, thats a freak accident.

Whoops, I'm late.

The results!

xaitil - 41
fyodorovich - 83
pathos - 60
foil - 3
insider- 19
ruggan - 33
pratan - 18
war eagle - 58
rabbi - 50

Nice. I'll be around this weekend, I'll hop on Discord and we can figure out a time.

Anarch
Feb 22, 2011

In the midnight hour...
If you haven't heard already, Braknar just quit and told everyone to play TLP instead. He blames Rogean and Nilbog for inaction (probably regarding the toxic raid scene). The post was quickly deleted on p99, but has returned on p99 forums and Reddit (where he's giving more info and will probably do AMA). In-game the raid scene is reportedly already falling apart.

One of the more damning pieces about inaction he posted was the discussion with Rogean and Nilbog about NTOV rotation.
TLDR: Braknar and Sirken were fed up with the NTOV scene so they wanted to set up rotation, but Rogean and Nilbog don't want a rotation. R&N offer hard-coded solution, so B&S point out they've been saying that for years yet haven't delivered one. Also R&N try to blame B&S for lack of communication when it's obvious it's the other way around.

Anarch fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Apr 6, 2019

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013
that's a real bummer. i've gotten the feeling, especially from friends in the raid scene, that this game is completely on autopilot.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe
RIP Braknar, the only surprising part is that he lasted as long as he did.

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013
heard he might do an AMA on reddit. should be interesting :munch:

insider
Feb 22, 2007

A secret room... always my favourite room in a house.
https://pastebin.com/zcG2fGrd

He just posted this as well, and nilbog confirms 'Green' server is a real thing and is happening. Also it is very clear from the logs that nilbog and Rogean have absolutely zero clue what happens on this server.

quote:

[2:37 PM] nilbog: I wouldn't mind the blue server having some 'custom' implementations to fix stagnation and fuckery, but I'd also like people to know there is a classic, era appropriate timeline server coming.
[2:43 PM] nilbog: Not to say they are mutually exclusive, but I think it would go over better to have an announcement of hey, there's a new era appropriate timeline server upcoming. Also, this is whats wrong with the current server that's been up for 8 years, and we're doing these things to fix it.
[2:46 PM] nilbog: I have a deep seated urge to say not classic, but I also don't want tov continuing the way it is now. Trying to find a way to make myself feel better about it. New pve server does that for me.

insider fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Apr 6, 2019

Jean Eric Burn
Nov 10, 2007

Yeah it was always telling when they would pop up and make a big hubbub about guild behavior except it would always be centered around some seemingly arbitrary small issue that was not even a big deal to all the parties involved relative to the actual dumb poo poo going on.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Does any of this drama matter in a meaningful way?

Honest question, not being disingenuous.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Oh no, I was hoping green server was just a myth.

gently caress me, there's 0 chance I resist getting sucked in to a fresh classic eq server.

Anarch
Feb 22, 2011

In the midnight hour...

Ruggan posted:

Does any of this drama matter in a meaningful way?

Honest question, not being disingenuous.

Well endgame raiding just went to hell as the top guilds have thrown out the rules. They are now openly engaging multiple FTE mobs at once, parking pullers at boss spawns, and no longer conceding for infractions against other guilds. This is probably going to continue because they know the CSR staff is extremely overwhelmed and that the admins just don't care.

I would not be surprised if this spills into camp stealing and other things.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

The blame lies in you for playing blue where these indiscretions can't sort themselves out.

Come join the red side the water's fine!

Gray Matter
Apr 20, 2009

There's something inside your head..

The blame lies in you for playing blue where these indiscretions can't sort themselves out.

Come join the red side the water's fine!
There's nobody else to piss in the pool when you're the only one swimming

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Gray Matter posted:

There's nobody else to piss in the pool when you're the only one swimming

epic

insider
Feb 22, 2007

A secret room... always my favourite room in a house.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=321978

New patch and new TOV rules I'm sure won't end in disaster.

it is hilarious that they are proving Braknar's point though that they basically only ever act if called out in public. Same thing happened with the Sirken drama.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
I probably would end up playing again if they did the green server. It would probably be a big cluster gently caress though. Like anyone who thinks a new server is gonna come and that the big items aren't gonna be 24/7 poopsocked will be in for a rude awakening.

But it's always fun when most of the server is undergeared and people are tryin to just grind up the old fashioned way. There'd be a good few years like that which is cool.

Summit
Mar 6, 2004

David wanted you to have this.
I thought they had some kind of agreement with Daybreak to not do the recycle server in exchange for not getting sued?

KingFisher
Oct 30, 2006
WORST EDITOR in the history of my expansion school's student paper. Then I married a BEER HEIRESS and now I shitpost SA by white-knighting the status quo to defend my unearned life of privilege.
Fun Shoe
Any of you nerds want to help me on my EQRPG (3rd edition dnd) to pseudo 5e dnd hack?

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013

Ginette Reno posted:

I probably would end up playing again if they did the green server. It would probably be a big cluster gently caress though. Like anyone who thinks a new server is gonna come and that the big items aren't gonna be 24/7 poopsocked will be in for a rude awakening.

But it's always fun when most of the server is undergeared and people are tryin to just grind up the old fashioned way. There'd be a good few years like that which is cool.

things are bad enough as is trying to find spots to quad and other crap. i'm looking forward to this shitshow.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe

Summit posted:

I thought they had some kind of agreement with Daybreak to not do the recycle server in exchange for not getting sued?

Nah, the agreement is to avoid big promotional or new stuff related to P99 that coincides with DBG doing the same, i.e. launching TLP servers.

cmdrk posted:

things are bad enough as is trying to find spots to quad and other crap. i'm looking forward to this shitshow.

I mean, it was crazy enough the first time around on blue with only a few hundred players but pretty much all of them knowing about the same good camps. With pop being what it is now, it would be more like the actual EQ launch in 99 where you had 6 people waiting on a single room of 3 mobs to respawn every 28 minutes.

aparmenideanmonad fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Apr 8, 2019

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

aparmenideanmonad posted:

I mean, it was crazy enough the first time around on blue with only a few hundred players but pretty much all of them knowing about the same good camps. With pop being what it is now, it would be more like the actual EQ launch in 99 where you had 6 people waiting on a single room of 3 mobs to respawn every 28 minutes.

This was the reason me and all my friends played Test. Test Server Friends forever!!!!!

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

cmdrk posted:

I was playing a few months ago and got a Human Necro up to level 20 before I got distracted by other games/priorities and it wasn't too bad for me. But I made it my mission to level in less traveled areas. Doing the Qeynos grind was fun.

But I'm sure if I had targeted the more popular leveling areas I would have found them camped. And also I was soloing which helped because I could just go wherever I wanted and level at whatever pace I felt like. I'm sure what I was doing was slower than doing the most popular areas would have been, but it was also relaxing trying different things out.

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

here's a goat on a pig or something
I haven't played in years and have no interest in doing so, but would reinstall to give the green server a shot. Would probably last a week for me, though.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I absolutely don't have the kind of time I had 10 years ago to be first or second bard to 50 on the server this time.

Tumpy tonic bootlegger was fun though.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I was curious if anyone that plays solo or small group on blue but has abandoned characters on red would be interested in a tradeoff slave system?

You're allowed to play both red and blue simultaneously. I have a 52 enchanter on blue that could be your personal clarity bot, in exchange for any kind of continual HP buffs on red?

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013

Ginette Reno posted:

I was playing a few months ago and got a Human Necro up to level 20 before I got distracted by other games/priorities and it wasn't too bad for me. But I made it my mission to level in less traveled areas. Doing the Qeynos grind was fun.

But I'm sure if I had targeted the more popular leveling areas I would have found them camped. And also I was soloing which helped because I could just go wherever I wanted and level at whatever pace I felt like. I'm sure what I was doing was slower than doing the most popular areas would have been, but it was also relaxing trying different things out.
Right, things are generally alright in the low to mid levels unless you're hitting a Golden Path dungeon (i.e. unrest to mistmoore to city of mist to.. KC? I dunno) at prime time. I'm at the point on my wizard where quadding at 54 can be rough due to lack of available spots for grinding. I fear the 58-60 grind is going to be done camping Sentient suits of armor at 3am on weeknights. But I guess that's my punishment for playing a wizard.

In other news I've been playing The Al`Kabor Project with two friends, with each of us two boxing. Some notable differences from P1999:
- boxing up to 3 chars +1 trader mule is allowed, and it seems like the account system is set up in such a way to let you do character transfers between accts
- the client is WAY more classic than p99's titanium client. among other thing, this means no more "eq cam" via scrollwheel. Just first person and F9 to access strange camera angles.
- they've nicely packed up the whole game into a zip file with some preincluded UI options like QQ and DuxaUI.
- Era is Luclin but POK is in as well. So you get the books + Nexus for easy travel in the old world. Bazaar and cats are in also.
- about 250 players on at peak. Not sure if this means ~100 real players with boxing? There's a global chat channel as well.
- newbie quest armor is in for everyone except large races, iksar, vah shir, and good erudites. My group is working on these because we're getting wasted running around in cloth armor and rusty weapons. Good times, very classic!
- the wiki needs a lot of love to help new people get started, IMHO. Not nearly as useful as P1999s but I guess that makes it even more classic, if that kinda thing appeals to you.

Game is good but maybe only because I never have to worry about finding a group now.

cmdrk fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Apr 16, 2019

Summit
Mar 6, 2004

David wanted you to have this.
Anyone got a Woodsman’s Staff to loan out or sell? Not a common item I see in EC.

the last signal...
Apr 16, 2009
oh poo poo looks like green is coming out October!

https://www.project1999.com/

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

the last signal... posted:

oh poo poo looks like green is coming out October!

https://www.project1999.com/

Ah gently caress I'm gonna get pulled back in :negative:.

I have zero expectations of being at the top or anything as the poopsockers will do all that but a fresh experience should be kinda cool

the last signal...
Apr 16, 2009

Ginette Reno posted:

I have zero expectations of being at the top or anything as the poopsockers will do all that but a fresh experience should be kinda cool

same, I have no desire to ever be at the top or waste days of my life waiting in line to camp a manastone. But nothing is better than working your way through the newb zones with other people in patchwork armor and bronze swords.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006

the last signal... posted:

same, I have no desire to ever be at the top or waste days of my life waiting in line to camp a manastone. But nothing is better than working your way through the newb zones with other people in patchwork armor and bronze swords.

Isn't this just the same as Auld Lang Sang is doing on Blue, which goons mock them for?

the last signal...
Apr 16, 2009

Dick Burglar posted:

Isn't this just the same as Auld Lang Sang is doing on Blue, which goons mock them for?

Nobody should care what goons mock but it's way different when it's a tiny, self-imposed subset of the pop vs. the entire server going through the same thing

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Can someone explain what green is because I keep hearing people say it but don't know what it means. I know blue is PvE and red is PvP so green is...?

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Glagha posted:

Can someone explain what green is because I keep hearing people say it but don't know what it means. I know blue is PvE and red is PvP so green is...?

i'm pretty sure it's the proper progression server they started promising years ago, where they actually roll out patches and expansions on the original timeline

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
Green is going to be a shitfest.

The patchwork armor and Rusty weapon phase will last a few days at the most. The most beneficial thing will be that the economy will be reset.

Can you imagine how many bard trains with 20 mobs will be running around all over norrath?

Bah humbug!

Meatgrinder
Jul 11, 2003

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est
Twenty mobs? Try the whole zone. The cap on the amount of mobs targeted by point blank aoe was a late Velious patch.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

moolchaba posted:

Green is going to be a shitfest.

The patchwork armor and Rusty weapon phase will last a few days at the most. The most beneficial thing will be that the economy will be reset.

Can you imagine how many bard trains with 20 mobs will be running around all over norrath?

Bah humbug!

I'm most excited for an economy that hasn't been hosed by like 7 years of Kunark.

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

here's a goat on a pig or something
Are mages going to be OP like they were at P99 launch? As in able to chain cast pets and not have them steal a ton of XP?

My claim to fame was being in like the top 10 players for the first 24 hours of P99 launch but I doubt I'll be poopsocking this time

hayden. fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Apr 26, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
I highly doubt it will be a carbon copy of the EQ 1999. There will be limits on AE mobs and other exploit-ish mechanics.

And the same douchebags are running things, so...

e: I just have a craving to play godmode and just beat all the mobs down on P99. I know this is a mode would only hold interest for a short while; it would be fun for at least a couple weeks and then I'd move onto something else. I wish there was a perpetual server for this sort of thing.

moolchaba fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Apr 26, 2019