Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
I don't know if I can be bothered to reinstall to see myself

The life support announcement plus the pro scene poo poo really killed my interest in this game I used to play daily for years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

tried Genji in a QM and got a 5-man dash kill :coal: :whatup:

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

Moola posted:

I don't know if I can be bothered to reinstall to see myself

The life support announcement plus the pro scene poo poo really killed my interest in this game I used to play daily for years

Dude, it sucked and I was unhappy too. Especially since I bought a discounted year boost just a little before the announcement.

I can only say, I still get in games pretty fast and enjoy dunking on fools with Azmodan.

That is a question within yourself, that only you can answer. However, the game is not dead in the sense that you can't get into games. Average q time is like 20 seconds at a guess.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Mind over Matter posted:

MFPallytime is apparently a huge creep, drat shame but not a surprise.

:frogon:

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Looks like hes been a sex creep sliding into dm’s. Tale as old as time

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Biplane posted:

Looks like hes been a sex creep sliding into dm’s. Tale as old as time

Yeah, several of the old Squadron and Squadron adjacent ladies came forward on Twitter about it over the weekend.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
Edit:

NeurosisHead posted:

Yeah, several of the old Squadron and Squadron adjacent ladies came forward on Twitter about it over the weekend.

Oh ok, I only saw one screencap conversation and it was super tame. But if there are more, then it makes way more sense.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Well, that's disappointing to discover. :smith:

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
are they funny like kephrii's or just gross?

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

No Wave posted:

are they funny like kephrii's or just gross?

It doesn't seem to be like, dick pics or whatever. Just a lot of the Nice Guy "sexualizing women with whom I have a platonic relationship and telling them how hot they are when I'm drunk" move. It's gross and creepy. A lot of Twitter seems to care more that he has a girlfriend than that he ignores the contextual boundaries of his relationships with women that he's friends with, which is disappointing but not surprising.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

So just typical nerd dude stuff.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

appropriatemetaphor posted:

Don't know about the other allegations, but the screencaps I saw were mostly awkward dumb poo poo. Still inappropriate but outside of one line about her butt out of no where, nothing extreme. Just a dumb patreon joke and an awkward midnight outpouring of affection. Seems like there might be a lot more to the story than those screen caps though.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

i'm guessing he did not understand just how much this was a business relationship but I guess you have to assume that as the larger streamer.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Apr 8, 2019

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

appropriatemetaphor posted:

Basically and sadly, yes. I don't want to use equivocating language to describe it because any time you make a person feel uncomfortable with unwanted advances you've done something gross and bad. But not understanding the difference between a woman being a friend or peer and a woman who is interested in more physical or emotional intimacy is pretty par for the course for the demographic.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Karma Guard posted:

Malthael is a Bruiser????

How is he a bruiser?

Solo-lane capable, has self-sustain and decent waveclear, can kill things. Granted, he is squishier than most, but his passive also directly targets the sort of heroes he's likely to be matched up against so :shrug:

NameHurtBrain
Jan 17, 2015
Yeah, bruiser is their code word for 'solo-laner' more than any sort of thoughtful distinction.

But they also chickened out and didn't put Murky there, soo...

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn
lil' bruisy frogboi

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Patch notes are out.

Mana cost adjustments across the board, but no major reworks.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

ha ha ha ha ha. That party notification change. If you can still tell on the stats screen sure I guess it's harmless.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

quote:

Blessing of the Bronze (Active)

Is now an activatable Talent with a 90 second cooldown

Now lasts 8 seconds

Basic Ability recharge rate increased from 30% to 35%

Movement Speed increased from 10% to 20%
ha ha ha ha ha ha

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

quote:

The AI now has a better understanding of when to attack and when to defend grouphug Immortals on Battlefield of Eternity

ToxicToast
Dec 7, 2006
Thanks, I'm flattered.
What is the point of these mana changes? Seems like this just makes the game worst... all the new heroes have no mana issues anyways and it seems like they increased mana on the old heroes who are already way more resource strapped. Makes zero sense to me. Can anyone else explain?

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

quote:

Aether Walker (E)
Adjusted Functionality: Now removes the Mana cost of Teleport

Developer Comment: How about now?

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

ToxicToast posted:

What is the point of these mana changes? Seems like this just makes the game worst... all the new heroes have no mana issues anyways and it seems like they increased mana on the old heroes who are already way more resource strapped. Makes zero sense to me. Can anyone else explain?

One of the oldest heroes around, Arthas, got one of this major sources of mana consumption cheapened. In the same patch, one of the newer heroes, Hanzo, had his mana costs increased on the two abilities that he uses the most.

The patch overall is made up of small, but very good, steps. The benefits are not going to be immediately noticeable, but they're important.

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

No Wave posted:

ha ha ha ha ha ha

yeah I don't know what they were thinking with the first iteration

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

Kith posted:

One of the oldest heroes around, Arthas, got one of this major sources of mana consumption cheapened. In the same patch, one of the newer heroes, Hanzo, had his mana costs increased on the two abilities that he uses the most.

The patch overall is made up of small, but very good, steps. The benefits are not going to be immediately noticeable, but they're important.

Although, they do say things like 'Every Hero should feel some quantity of Mana Tension' and in the same patch, make Li-Ming ignore the blue bar even more.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Shockeh posted:

Although, they do say things like 'Every Hero should feel some quantity of Mana Tension' and in the same patch, make Li-Ming ignore the blue bar even more.

I mean, I don't play Li-Ming but the commentary on Reddit at least is that Aether Walker is an undertuned, underpicked talent and that even this buff may not make it competitive with her actual mana from globes talent at 1. So I don't think the goal in this case was "make Li-Ming mana free."

doverhog
May 31, 2013

They should give her a whole new set of lvl 1 talents really. They are kinda boring.

AtillatheBum
Oct 6, 2010

Justice ain't gonna dispense itself.
Mana management is really important as Li-Ming actually. Basically all her power comes from her abilities so being out of mana means she is useless. It's also very easy to run her out of mana if you spam her abilities. A big part of playing her well is keeping a good mana reserve for an opportune moment. Diving on a weakened opponent and securing the kill gives you the resets to try and dive another but without enough mana you're gonna fall flat.

The double globe mana talent is still outrageously good and Force Armor is a decent niche pick vs the right team but Aether Walker has always struggled to be competitive. This change might actually make it pretty good. I have died a lot of times as Ming because I ran out of mana at the wrong time where even just one more Calamity-Teleport would be enough to finish a kill.

I do agree that all her level 1s other than Aether are a bit boring.

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice

Yeah I know most people here say "ew yuck AI" but as a chill time waster thats about all I do. It was getting frustrating during immortals though. The whole group would bunch of and invariably one or two people would try pick someone off and get completely evaporated in a second. The rest of the team sighs and just gets camps and wins the game unopposed.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

It is possible to lose against AI, happened once or twice. Those can actually be fun games, because it's like you are playing 4 or 3 against 5 AI. It becomes a real struggle.

But yeah I play against AI when I just wanna keep up with quests and not deal with any emotional suffering from bad teammates. I played like 3 games recently as Stitches where is was top in hero damage, and yes there were assassins on the team.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Shockeh posted:

Li Ming is extremely mana hungry if you're not careful. Her Level 1 talents are designed to make it tolerable, but how that's accomplished is really up to the player.

That said, Aether Walker has needed the buffs pretty badly. It's just not good enough compared to the other talents at that tier, and its pickrate (almost 0) reflects that.

Paranoid Peanut
Nov 13, 2009

The devs should have toned down Malfurion's mana consumption - at least in the early game.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Was that Uther change anything at all? And isn't Valla also mana hungry? I feel like those two have been notoriously mana hungry for ages and they got nothing in the big mana patch...

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Hungering arrow with the 1 talent is one of the most spammable abilities in the game

I don't think Valla should get to multishot and roll on cooldown either.

Uther has tons of utility so he has weird healing. The point of the mana changes wasnt to make pressing Q W and E correct more often.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

ToastyPotato posted:

Was that Uther change anything at all? And isn't Valla also mana hungry? I feel like those two have been notoriously mana hungry for ages and they got nothing in the big mana patch...

Valla is extremely mana hungry, but there are several reasons for it:
  • Valla has VERY strong Basic Attack mechanics. 10 Hatred puts her in second place for highest DPS in the game, second only to Worgen Greymane with Inner Beast active and ultra-stacked quest characters like Butcher or Zul'jin.
  • Hungering Arrow and Multishot are very easy to combine with Basic Attacks. Compare Hungering Arrow's instant cast time and fire-and-forget mechanics to say, Tychus, whose Q is a channel that essentially replaces his Basic Attack while active. Multishot also comes out instantly, so it's easy quick damage to throw out whenever you need it.
  • Valla's kit is one of the most well-rounded in HOTS. She's great at sustained DPS, she's got good waveclear and camp-clear, she's very mobile, she can pick up anti-burst with Gloom or sustain with Tempered or Siphoning Arrow, she's got access to an AOE Stun - she's basically the Ranged Assassin That Does Everything, so it's only fair that she has actual weaknesses in the form of low health and high mana throughput.

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn
I feel like Valla is the assassin equivalent of Li Li. Low skill ceiling, people assume that means they are mediocre across the board. They are simple to understand, and easy to master. But just because they are easy to play very well doesn't mean they are sub-optimal. A pretty good Valla is one of the best QM teamates I could hope for. They do almost everything right, with very good wave clear, ganking, objective control, pushing won objective, defending lost objective, juking important enemy skillshots. She is pretty good at a number of things but it's very easy for the average player to do all of those near perfect.

My favorite build is full autoattack, for lane ganking. Early game, a bad gank means the enemy hides behind towers or has to hearth and walk back. At best, they lose the lane and miss an objective. Late game, anyone caught out of position by you is dead. She's almost as good at it as stealth heroes, but far easier to play and has a wider range of ability when map objectives are up.

edit:
I recently finally got a feel for Nova, once I had a couple good games it all just clicked and I was able to play her very well, even in the 1-lane brawl maps each week. I had not enjoyed any of the stealth heroes before the overhaul, but after getting the hang of Nova I can do pretty drat well with Zeratul and Valeera. Zeratul is a late-game carry harder than almost any other hero (Jimmy with farmed pepper shots?), Valeera is crippled by anti-stealth talents but really shines if given the chance. I grumbled at the stealth changes a lot when it was new but nustealth is totally cool with me now.

WITCHCRAFT fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Apr 19, 2019

Paranoid Peanut
Nov 13, 2009

A good valeera is an absolute nightmare and impossible to kill.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here
Rip this profoundly dead game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
I dunno if it's dead but this game sucks rear end now

They've slowly tweaked it into a boring pos