Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

That Gobbo
Mar 27, 2010
Are those... Nerds candy?

E: new page here's what I've been working on:

That Gobbo fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Apr 2, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Ka0 posted:

I love this

Well poo poo my big plan was to do this scene with my PG 00 but how can I top this?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
And now my friend is asking me if Gundam is just the 1980 show or if there's more to it.

I think he's been snagged and I didnt even do anything but offer suggestions

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
http://www.gundammodelcenter.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=443

Dragon Momoko's Gerbera Tetra is back.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE

Monaghan posted:

Well poo poo my big plan was to do this scene with my PG 00 but how can I top this?

Use real flowers, build the fountain using marble parts so birds will gather.

Merilan
Mar 7, 2019

Ka0 posted:

I love this

wow that's amazing

i only slightly ruined it for myself by squinting to go 'is that fruit rice crispies' at the start

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

That Gobbo posted:

E: new page here's what I've been working on:

oh my god. thats incredible I love the texture and colors

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
Has anyone ever tried scratchbuilding a fully transformable MS based off another non-transformable MS? I can think of one, the Beginning Gundam D "rakta pashka" from that gunpla builders side story

I have more free time now and I think this would be a good project.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

i didn't make any new robots but i posed all the robots from gaogaigar together
https://imgur.com/a/2YIzb5i

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Nice, wish I could have picked up the King J-Der when it was up.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?
3 months later and my 1/20 scope dog is still on backorder :(

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

What is the recommendation for baby's first airbrush nowadays? I have stumbled on $75 worth of amazon gift cards and I'm ready to rumble.

Symetrique
Jan 2, 2013

Fat and Useless posted:

What is the recommendation for baby's first airbrush nowadays? I have stumbled on $75 worth of amazon gift cards and I'm ready to rumble.

https://www.amazon.com/Master-Perfo...gateway&sr=8-16

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
^^^^^^^^^
I actually had that one in the list too.

Fat and Useless posted:

https://www.amazon.com/Professional-Compressor-Multi-Purpose-Airbrushing-Airbrushes/dp/B06WD57H6P

That should give you everything you need to start up airbrushing. I'm still rocking the airbrush it came with and works fine. Put the siphon feed airbrush in a drawer and forget about it and just use the gravity feed.

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

I was waiting for the blow pens picture but these work too, bonus points for prime!

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I put together the MG 00 Qan[t] Full Raiser, and I think I regret getting it. The backpack keeps pull the GN drive out and the Full Saber is so drat wide there's basically no way to pose with it

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

This is what I started with. It's solid, still using the compressor. The airbrush is ok. I tend to still use it for primer. Check out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkqCwc5-tbA - it's a good guide on some small things you can do to massively improve the quality.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Any good sources for this in Europe? I'm also thinking about making the leap sometime this year.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
Priming some parts for a new kit today after not having primed in a while and I feel like it's coming out a little rough? I could just be meticulous and paranoid, but this is what it looks like at 20 PSI with some flow improver. It's unthinned Vallejo grey surface primer. At a distance it isn't visible but up close, at least to me, it looks speckly and rough. I'm shaking vigorously and have been told in the past not to thin vallejo's primers and have had success with them.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
Looks a little rough like you said, try dropping it to a out 15 psi and work a little closer.

Looks like it's partially drying before it hits the piece.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
That helped a bit. At my usual distance it still looks a bit rough, moving closer and it seems to go on thick but while drying it looks a bit better. Still not over the moon about it. I've always had problems with vallejo's light grey. Guess I should be thankful this time it's not constantly drying on the tip of the needle.

E: I have decided to jump of a cliff instead. Or actually, just go to the new hobby shop I found and buy some Tamiya fine surface primer. This vallejo mess has been having issues for too long. This is at 15 PSI working closer - even the first light coat looks really speckled. :shrug:

Zodack fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Apr 6, 2019

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

I love the Grimoire. I want to see the end results when it's done.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
Yeah, there may be something up with that paint. Tamiya primer will go on real nice though. That poo poo is super strong as well.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
Tamiya primer is mostly rattlecans right? Or can I grab some for my airbrush?

I'll definitely show off the finished product. It won't look amazing since it's my second painted kit but a guys gotta learn

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Supanova Melbourne is a terrible wicked place for trying not to give in to buying more Gunpla.

I'm up an HGBD Zerachiel and Build Arms Ptolemaios :cripes:.

Also on the off chance anyone else is here, there's a few stalls with the RG Full Armor Unicorn for $85AUD.

Symetrique
Jan 2, 2013

Zodack posted:

Tamiya primer is mostly rattlecans right? Or can I grab some for my airbrush?

I'll definitely show off the finished product. It won't look amazing since it's my second painted kit but a guys gotta learn

Tamiya liquid surface primer is also sold as its own airbrushable thing.

https://www.tamiyausa.com/shop/finishing/liquid-surface-primer-40ml/none/

Pretty sure its a lacquer though, so make sure your airbrushing setup is safe for that.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
Yeah you can thin it with any old lacquer thinner.

Use a mask and gloves and make sure you have a booth or paint outside, it lays down reaaaal nice though.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Finally got around to finishing off my Jesta. Don't have much to say about it I guess, pretty fun build. Kind of split on the super poseable hands, they're neat but getting the peg out of the hand so it can hold a weapon is an absolute bitch and I can't do it without using some kind of tool. I'm also afraid of breaking them when ever I pose them. I can see why they changed to the swap able fingers instead.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/okumaruppp/status/1114869446231728128

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
RX-78-|-2| Backdraft Gundam

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

The needle shouldn't be bent in a 70 degree angle right? Sending it back...

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Cowardly to show the haro rear end but not the man rear end

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer
Anyone wanna buy Aoshima Full Metal Panic kits and a Flauros? The Flauros I already have but got this in a trade, the FMP kits are now a bit too big for me now that Bandai put out the 1/60s. It's all in SA-Mart to keep things above board: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3886729

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

"April fools!… but uh, if you did wanna buy it we're probably gonna sell them anyway"

https://bandai-hobby.net/keitorabusou/sp/index.html

You know what Bandai, I think you're kind of abusing yhe spirit of silly internet april fools here but yes I did want to buy one so I'll let you off with a warning this time.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

RillAkBea posted:

"April fools!… but uh, if you did wanna buy it we're probably gonna sell them anyway"

You know what Bandai, I think you're kind of abusing yhe spirit of silly internet april fools here but yes I did want to buy one so I'll let you off with a warning this time.

if you leave the side wheels off the green one it's just a technical

Wibbleman
Apr 19, 2006

Fluffy doesn't want to be sacrificed

RillAkBea posted:

Its basically the old hyper rescue. So not super surprising. Looks to have a touch more articulation as that stuff was pretty fixed in place.

They need the motorcycle velociraptor to come back.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
I know I complained earlier about the Vallejo primer - and I still have my doubts on some pieces - but the rest of the parts I put it down on have turned out looking pretty good. The kit is coming along, and this is my first time doing serious masking and trying to hand paint details. Just a big ol' calf part here.

That being said I did pick up a Tamiya rattlecan and primed the body and waist today and it feels much safer and consistent than Vallejo. Plus I don't have to ungunk my airbrush after I'm done.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Finally got around to working on that 1/6 scale Ultraman model kit I bought back in the Winter.

TaurusOxford fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Apr 13, 2019

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer
Shouldn't a 1/6 Ultraman be as tall as a house?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

The Ultraman in the Ultraman manga is regular person sized