Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Yeah, those are some nice banners. It helps that these hackers have a good sense of spritework. They knocked Delta Meloetta out of the goddamn park

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.

Hello everyone and welcome back.

Over here on the right side of Route 5 we can find another entrance into Samsara Cave and a Relic Song wall that I had missed.

The wall opens up a Hoopa portal.

And it drops us back in the Nightmare Badlands.

It turns out that Hoopa has been hanging out here the whole time, meaning that technically Adam wasn't stuck here at all. After the events of the previous update, he's completely disappeared from the game. So I like to pretend that after catching it, Amy takes it back to Adam so he can escape.

If we take this to a guy in Amphitrite City, he'll give us an item that turns it into its "unbound" form. I will not remember to do this.

We're actually extremely close to the end of the LP. The last few sidequests take almost no time at all, so in just a handful of updates, we'll be done.

The meat of today's update will take place in No Man's Land.

The standard "not as complex as it appears" caveat applies here. There's a whole lot of nothing here in the trackless, snowy wastes in between regions.

There's a lot of useless strength boulders and a bunch of other debris that shows it has been an extremely long time since anyone has set foot here.

All the DPPt orb items appear here. We can't even catch Dialga and Palkia until we finish the postgame story mode.

Jet Stream is an insurgence-only move that only works in Doubles, and it gives your ally a priority move next turn.

There's a lot of wandering around without finding very much.

We don't catch Articuno, sadly. It was the first legendary pokemon I ever caught in Red, but it didn't want to stay in its balls here.

This way is actually a trap. No matter how you shove these boulders aside, you wind up being blocked in.

Though it only now occurs to my dumb rear end that I could have Heart Swapped over and escaped the maze. :doh:

When we investigated the Relic Song wall, if we had kept going up, we'd have reached the far side of the boulders instead.

I'm sorry if this is kinda hard to follow. There isn't much to say about this area. It's very samey.

Finally after a few minutes of wandering, we reach the top of the map.

The Alpha Temple uses the same tileset as the Ancient Ruins in Torren. I'm sure that's just because of Essentials, but it does also imply they were built by the same ancient people.

Unlike the Ancient Ruins, there is nothing to pick up in any of the side rooms.

Top left exit lets us continue.

I have no idea what this is referring to. Relic Song doesn't do anything here. :shrug:

Top exit is the way forward.

It's much more straightforward from this point on.

This Rare Candy is the only item in the temple.

I looked at the map in Essentials for this place. Hidden off in the black to the right is a fully coded tesseract rift that creates a boulder, which creates a shortcut south across this lava.

We're actually in a large room that connects to the first hallway, just on the far side of the lava pool.

The place is really cool, but it's empty and kinda eerie too.

The northern exit is the way forward. Every where else is just an empty dead end.

quote:

You can give me, but you cannot take me.
It takes one to give me, but two to make me.
The biggest circle I begin.
And it is i that lies within.
To all living things I give breath.
But I am not "god", nor "life" nor "death".
And like the Phoenix from an urn,
Through me from ashes it returns.

birth

This room is the end of the line in the temple.

You will not just... leave me alone, will you? I've already got the artifact I was looking for. That up there is a decoy- I was hoping to lure you out to talk. It's some kind of music... instrument, maybe? I'm not completely sure what it does, but it seems to be a huge source of power.

If you indulge in a little lateral thinking, it becomes immediately obvious what Taen picked up. If not, then just hang on for a while.

I can work with that. But YOU will not stop getting in my way. You're not going to stop me. Slow me down, maybe, but I'll just keep coming back. This is my destiny. I am going to succeed, no matter how many losses I take on the way there.

It's the exact same team from the last time we fought him, their levels are just boosted a bit.

Delta Darmanitan has a 17 level disadvantage.

There's only one way it could have ended.

His dudes are faster, but...

A common theme you might notice is my guys tanking his attacks and then just one-shotting his poo poo.

Ramses is a fighting killing machine between Psychic and Gale Wings Acrobatics.

Glory is my lowest leveled mon and even he still completely shut down a full third of Taen's team. Even better, Outrage was neutral against Gallade. Don't gently caress with Delta Arcanine!

To be fair... I hadn't changed my team at all since we last battled. I wasn't expecting to win. I was only trying to make a point.

You know what, I would actually believe that. Claiming you weren't trying lets you save a tiny bit of ego in the face of that huge rear end beating we just delivered him.

You can't hold me down forever, kid. This is my time. Plus, I have... someone else interested in my efforts. You're not going to see me losing to you again.

I'm never coming back here because it's so far out of the way, but once we finish the last postgame sidequest, what I call the Finale, a move tutor sets up shop behind this altar.

He, uh, teaches specific pokemon some hilariously broken stuff. The wiki doesn't clarify who can learn what, but it does say "these are mainly learned by legendary pokemon."

Which is a pity because I'd love to bling out my team with some hilariously broken stuff. Tell me Charsi with V-Create wouldn't be hilarious. Or imagine Ramses using Psycho Boost.

Anyway, there's nothing more to do here. So we have to walk out. Can't use an escape rope for... reasons.

Thankfully we can dial the PikaTaxi guy to come pick us up.

This is definitely abusing his goodwill.

Breaking news!

We are live with an exclusive broadcast. The world-famous Utira Library has seen a serious break-in in the last hour. Officials are still investigating what was stolen. I'd like to introduce you to our special guest, who is currently taking care of the library during a leave of absence of its former owner, Zachary. Can you describe the situation for our audience?
Uh... sure? I don't work here, though.
No need to be modest, I'm sure the people of Utira are benefitting from your support.
I... uh...
Wonderful.

How could I possibly work at-
... bzzt ... bzzt ... Oh dear, it seems we're experiencing technical difficulties. We must have lost contact with our special guest.
You literally just made the noise "bzzt" with your mouth.
It seems that officials are finding lots of books scattered about on "Unovan word structures." Books about the Reshi-, Zek-, and Kyu- prefixes are everywhere, I'm told. We will update you when we have more information.

Sounds like a lead on Taen. And that's just where we're going to go... next time.

NEXT TIME: The Great Namehere

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

DoubleNegative posted:

He, uh, teaches specific pokemon some hilariously broken stuff. The wiki doesn't clarify who can learn what, but it does say "these are mainly learned by legendary pokemon."

Which is a pity because I'd love to bling out my team with some hilariously broken stuff. Tell me Charsi with V-Create wouldn't be hilarious. Or imagine Ramses using Psycho Boost.

Likely teaches moves to pokemon that got them in special official events. V-Create would be stuck on Victini or Rayquaza, the Dialga/Palkia signatures would be teachable to Arceus, etc. Dragon Ascent/Relic Song/Secret Sword are kind of obvious since those have to be tutored on in official games anyway.

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Apr 8, 2019

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?
That's a good subtle hint about what Taen's after. If I didn't know more about the base games I might be confused, but it's Arceus isn't it?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

What was in the Pokeball on the altar? Or was it just part of the model?

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

What instrument could Taen be after? He's only after legendary... oh... oh no... that monster.

He stole the Sax-a-boom.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

iospace posted:

What was in the Pokeball on the altar? Or was it just part of the model?

I'm gonna guess "nothing" considering Taen straight up said it was a decoy.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
uh the altar item is obviously a poke doll

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Dragonatrix posted:

I'm gonna guess "nothing" considering Taen straight up said it was a decoy.

Consider, however, that Taen is a moron.

It could've been Mewtwonite or whatever it's called, but he assumes "Hah, this must be a decoy" and goes searching for other things, and picks up one of those ash flutes from RSE and assumes it's the real treasure.

Yes it's nothing

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Roro posted:

That's a good subtle hint about what Taen's after. If I didn't know more about the base games I might be confused, but it's Arceus isn't it?

Also note the name of the temple.

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

Will we ever see the day when videogame writers finally realize that a poem does not need to have rhymes?

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Carpator Diei posted:

Will we ever see the day when videogame writers finally realize that a poem does not need to have rhymes?

When they get with the times

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?

Tallgeese posted:

Also note the name of the temple.

Oh I missed that, just skimmed right over it!

E: A few of you are misunderstanding what happened, I think. Taen is the one who left the decoy item on the altar, he didn't find out it was a decoy.

DiggleWrath
Aug 30, 2018

O O
>

oh no, it's almost over? Oh man, I'm going to miss the great delta designs and actual charming content to chase down the trash garbage fire that is Reborn...

On a different note, is the unbound Hoopa from the official games, or is it something Insurgence made? If the latter, can you show a picture of it in the thread? because i'm too lazy to look it up myself, apparently

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

DiggleWrath posted:

oh no, it's almost over? Oh man, I'm going to miss the great delta designs and actual charming content to chase down the trash garbage fire that is Reborn...

On a different note, is the unbound Hoopa from the official games, or is it something Insurgence made? If the latter, can you show a picture of it in the thread? because i'm too lazy to look it up myself, apparently

Unbound's official. He looks kind of like someone looked at Hoopa and decided to make an moody teenager's idea of an "upgrade" and looks almost nothing like normal Hoopa, but he's official.

That said, there is a delta Hoopa, and by extension a delta Hoopa Unbound.

Supremezero fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Apr 9, 2019

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

DiggleWrath posted:

Very official

Fun notes:
-he is 21 feet tall in Unbound forme
-He can only maintain the forme for 3 days. As in, that's a gameplay thing too, if he's in your party or box as Unbound for 3 days he'll transform back to normal Hoopa. You can just use the Prison Bottle again, though
-His unique move, Hyperspace Fury, has him pop up just to laugh at the person getting pummeled and honestly that sells the design for me entirely
https://zippy.gfycat.com/FatherlyInbornAndalusianhorse.webm

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

The tv gag was good

DiggleWrath
Aug 30, 2018

O O
>

Supremezero posted:

Unbound's official. He looks kind of like someone looked at Hoopa and decided to make an moody teenager's idea of an "upgrade" and looks almost nothing like normal Hoopa, but he's official.

That said, there is a delta Hoopa, and by extension a delta Hoopa Unbound.

rannum posted:

Very official

Well that' slightly disappointing. At least there's a delta Hoopa to look forward to.

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

I mean, unbound Hoopa is a pretty good depiction of the idea that a bound genie's true form and power are huge and terrible, even if when bound they are at worst mischievous.

Saladin Rising
Nov 12, 2016

When there is no real hope we must
mint our own. If the coin be
counterfeit it may still be passed.

The Golux posted:

I mean, unbound Hoopa is a pretty good depiction of the idea that a bound genie's true form and power are huge and terrible, even if when bound they are at worst mischievous.
PHENOMENAL COSMIC POWER!

Itty-bitty living space.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Can't wait to see what Nahmeyheeray Taen manages to come up with after all that. It's our first job as Augur, or something!

Billy_Delicious
Sep 3, 2018
Just thought I'd chime in and say what a great lp this is/was considering how close we are to the end. Genuinely pretty amazing as far as fangames go, thanks for showing it off DN!

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.

Hello everyone and welcome back. Today we put an end to Taen's madness.

Into the library we go!

You may recall this was the far west wing, where we found Delta Budew.

Yep. I'm glad I found you, by the way. It's nice to see someone else is having trouble with this turdbrain. Speaking of...

That's Gail speaking, the person with Zygarde.

Oh, Amy, thank goodness you're here. After you went off looking for Taen... I tried following my connection to Reshiram, like we talked about. It led me everywhere.

But when I felt Reshiram here, I rushed over and came to this. A huge mess, books thrown everywhere. What a piece of scum this guy is. No respect for literature. He must have been in a hurry.
Right. Blockhead boy was looking at Unovan language structures. But what could he want with those? He's got Reshiram, Zekrom, and Kyurem already, what would he need to know about where Unovan names come from?
Yeah. Last time, he was after the Original Dragon. He gave up on that when he realized he didn't have its na... he didn't have its... ... ... oh. Oh.

Orion just realized what we figured out a while ago.

Oh, this is bad. This is really, really bad. Amy... I think you know, too. It's the same thing. Again. He might be able to pull it off.

Orion jumps over some books and tears out of the library as fast as he can run.

...what? Do you know what this is about? Orion's going north... I'm going to follow him. If this is as bad as he says, I might need to kick off Operation Z.

All those puns are gone. :(

Anyway, if you remember, we just need to head west from Selene City to get to the Dragon Ruins.

Uh... Diana? Is that you?

Hey, Amy, I... I need a huge favour. Listen, after the events on Mount Rose... I've been doing some thinking. Family should come first. And I let fear come in between my sister and I.

After, y'know... the thing on Mount Rose.

That's probably the saddest statement in Insurgence. And I don't mean in the "wow, that's pathetic" sense of the word. :smith:

I'd like you to deliver her this package.

I can pay you when you get back, I promise. It's something that's very important to the both of us. I just want Persephone to know that... I'd like to start over with her. It would really mean a lot to me. This is a bridge I'd really like to rebuild.

Diana, can you please move just a little bit? The world's about to be destroyed and I need to get past... Diana?

Awww, man. We gotta go the long way around.

She hangs out right in front of the gym there until you complete that sidequest. We'll tackle that in the future. Right now we have a brewing crisis that's slightly more important.

Diana only shows up there once we've cured Damian. The Insurgence wiki claims we need to finish the next sidequest after Taen but... well, you can see for yourself.

Excuse me while I cut out the trip up to the top.

Here's something new! This item has been taunting us since we first arrived in these ruins, way back in update 34. For reference, this is update 65. So it was very nearly half the LP ago.

:raise: Delta Metagross (Ruin)? We only have Spider. Innnnnteresting...

:confused: What? This randomly popped up as we walked forward.

Taen, Mewtwo, Orion, Gail, and what looks like a large number of Zygarde cells... this probably isn't good.

Do you... really think... Little green slimeballs... Can stop Mewtwo? I have one of the most powerful pokemon ever. You have a few little... I don't even know what you have. This is embarrassing for you.

victory.

I've worked as hard as I can to get the strongest possible pokemon. Now, Mewtwo, Zekrom, Reshiram, and Kyurem are mine. I have the name of the Original Dragon this time.

:ms: By the way, this section is a pain in the rear end to screenshot. The sheer number of sprites on screen, plus the active particle cloud behind Taen, means that my recording runs like absolute garbage.

Why would it be any different? We call its other formes Kyurem-B and Kyurem-W. If Kyurem was the remnant that connected Reshiram to Zekrom, it only makes sense that it would have the dragon's name. I can't believe I'm so close. The power of the Original Dragon is almost in my grasp.

I call upon you, great titan of the Unova Region! Kyurem, Zekrom, and Reshiram bound together! Emerge, the mighty-
Wait! I just... I just need to know... Why? What's making you do this? Why do you want to live this kind of life?
...that is the worst attempt at stalling I've ever seen. Do you really think I'm going to fall for that? You can't fool me that easily- I'm not going to start monologuing.
Then I'll stall you by force. Bring it on!
A battle? Fine. I'll take both of you on, easily. I've missed double battles. Let's get this over with. Plus, I've got a new trick from a far away region I've been meaning to test out.

This is the very last time we'll ever see one of the cult intros in the LP. How fitting is it that it would be Taen's?

Like he said above, this is a double battle.

His Delta Metagross is supposed to have a special crystal evolution. But it's broken on current versions of Insurgence. So his team, while incredibly mean, doesn't have a mega evolution.

And because it's a double battle...

Here's Gail's team.

Ramses and Swalot vs Gallade and Talonflame.

Ramses uses Acrobatics and takes out Gallade instantly.

Ouch. Flare Blitz doesn't gently caress around.

Ice Beam and Flare Blitz's recoil damage take Talonflame down to half.

Taen's Talonflame is also Gale Wings.

Draco Meteor misses.

Meanwhile, I have Ramses do something stupid instead of spamming the poo poo out of priority Acrobatics.

Neither Gail nor myself make good plays this round.

Talonflame gets restored while Ramses is withdrawn.

Cirno doesn't give a poo poo about Dark Pulse.

The Swalot seems to have Hydreigon well in hand.

Nevermind.

Talonflame one shots Cirno with a fifteen level difference.

Talonflame has now pissed me off, and I bring in Charsi to make the problem go away.

Hydreigon takes on Charsi, while Talonflame keeps harassing Swalot

I'm pretty sure Stone Fist would have one shot the Talonflame from full health. But regardless, the problem is now gone.

Hydreigon is poisoned by Swalot.

drat. Ouch. It hits Charsi hard in her fighting weakness.

Then Goodra comes in with Earthquake to clear up both Charsi and Swalot.

Glory launches straight into Outrage against two dragon types.

It goes like you might expect.

Nobody else lands attacks that turn.

Mewtwo one shots Zygarde.

Hydreigon lands another Superpower on Glory, but its attacks have been pretty badly nerfed by repeated use. Glory continues to express his displeasure and finally takes out the hydra.

Taen is down to his final two pokemon.

I swap in Aragog, because he must face all pretenders.

Some hits are traded all around, but nothing too terrible.

Azumarill barely survives Psyshock.

Aragog, meanwhile, continues to serve as a Mewtwo killer. It turns out of you give something with Metagross' stats the bug typing, it turns into a Psychic killer.

Taen keeps having his Metagross use Head Smash, which keeps smacking it with Recoil damage.

Gail's Sunflora mega evolves.

So does Aragog.

Aragog is faster, so he smashes the poo poo out of Ruin Metagross's bug weakness.

Taen is completely worthless.

Even my new Crystal gimmick didn't work out... I went all the way down to Kuria for that junk. What a letdown. It's fine. This changes nothing. You were stalling me, right? I assume you have a backup plan? What were you stalling me for?
You could say that. Perfect timing... it just got here. Get ready, turdstain, because you're about to see something amazing. Come on out! Let's show him what we're made of!

A legendary awakens...

It's Jormangandr! Er... Zygarde!

Zygarde doesn't have a chance against me. Not against the combined power of Mewtwo and my dragon. Not bad, but your legendary can't save you now. Mine are far more powerful than yours.
That's what Reukra realized and you didn't. It's not all about being the strongest or smartest. It's about teamwork. People and pokemon working in harmony.

In the meantime... Come forth, my beast! Kyurem, the all-powerful Original Dragon, emerge! Show me your power!

Zygarde happened. Like I said... it's all about teamwork. Zygarde isn't just one pokemon, it's a network. A hivemind of tiny cells all working in harmony. And when all of those cells decide to fight alongside each other... We get to see Zygarde's Perfect Form. A bit of an ironic name, isn't it?
But... my summoning... what happened...?
Zygarde is the guardian of the ecosystem.

It was easy to stop your summoning. Zygarde's complete form is perfect. Not only will it stop your plans... but it'll beat you and your pokemon so thoroughly you'll never be able to try it again.

Perfect Zygarde is tearing through Taen's poo poo. Also that's Orion yelling in that last text box.

Gail, that's my friend! Call Zygarde off!
It's too late, Orion. I'm sorry. This is for the good of the region.
No... there has to be another way... Amy, please, do something. You gotta help. You promised! I can't... I can't live without my friend. Please, do something!

We have something special in our bags just for this...

This is our only opportunity to catch Zygarde. That was also the master ball that was meant for Regigigas. I think this is a better place to use it.

I didn't even think that was possible- it's one of the strongest pokemon of all time. I'm sorry about that, Orion. I didn't know Zygarde could be stopped once it got going.
I... I'm just glad Reshiram is OK.
I'll scram, then. I don't want to be here when dingushead gets out of shock.

Taen just watched his ultimate goal in life amount to absolutely nothing. Even better, at every turn he was bested by the same preteen girl. His failure is now about as absolute as it gets.

... sigh ... I'm not dealing with you anymore. You're far too much of a pest. I don't think I've had a single idea that your stupid hero complex couldn't insert itself in. I'm still determined to find perfection, but on my own. Not with bratty upstarts like you around.

meeting up with them.

Kuria is very, very far away from Torren, before you ask. Don't follow me. You won't be able to. I'm done dealing with kids forever.

Don't want to. Now get the gently caress out of my region.

... I'm facing a tough decision here. No matter what I do, when I screw up, Reshiram always gets punished for it. I can't let that keep happening to my friend. Listen, I'd like to leave Reshiram with you, in its stone forme. Hopefully, one day I'll be able to come back for them. When I'm stronger. When I'm better.

Please treat Reshiram nicely.

So this is it, huh?

:allears: Reukra is the best.

I'm moving to the Kuria Region. I've left all my work and research in the backup drive. Our group is all but gone. I'm joining Team Vitreus- they might actually have a chance.

Coming, Almand.

I found it somewhere in No Man's Land... it's what I used to bring out the Original Dragon. It's some kind of artifact. Looks like an ancient instrument of some kind. I think it's a flute... seems to be some sort of blue.

Get outta here. If you're not part of perfection, you're not welcome, any more.
Fine. Let's go Almand, lead the way.

Let's grab both those stones.

We can't fly out of the Dragon Ruins, so we have to walk out.

Hey, it's... it's Damian. Listen... I'm still... I'm still sorting through all my memories from when I was weird. Trying to piece together what happened, y'know? And just today, well, I heard there was a nasty storm in Maelstrom 9. There are some... things I remember about that place. Nothing's super clear, but...

It would mean the world to me if you'd come with. I might need help with whatever's causing the storms, too.

We're not done with this update yet. We still have one more thing to get...

We're going back to Holon for a quick moment.

I was exploring the Torren Region and I found some Delta Species that nobody seemed to notice, just lying there, injured. I took it and healed it up, but perhaps you'd like to take care of it? I think it belonged to that blue-haired cultist who fled the region.

An ancient spider droid thing that looks like ancient ruins? There's only one possible name. Now we just need to find a supermassive angry dragon summoned by the rage of hundreds of dead and dying soldiers from a futile attack on an entrenched position.

Graphics for crystal form exist, but it's nonfunctional

Delta Beldum and its evolutions are Rock/Grass type. Their abilities are Sturdy and Rock Head (Hidden; No damage from recoil). Mega Delta Metagross (Ruin) also has Rock Head as its ability.

What is there to say about it? It's another Delta Metagross. It's insanely powerful, and it has a functional mega evolution. It just sucks that one half of its typings gets a bunch of inaccurate moves. Beldum and Metang both can learn Double-Edge, however. So if you pair that with Rock Head, you can a lot of fun with recoil-less attacks.

Anyway, that's enough of that for now!

NEXT TIME: We return to Deyraan Town to help that kid.

1. Defeat the Timeless
  2. Explore the Holon Region
  3. The Original Dragon
  4. Missingno
  5. Relic Song
  6. Deyraan Town
  7. Cured Damian
  8. The Parcel
  9. "One of you is close to someone who needs help. Find this person fast." (Help Damian explore the Abyssal Base ruins)
  10. The Finale

At this point we can tackle any of the remaining four sidequests in any order. But we'll be doing them in the order of Deyraan -> Parcel -> Help Damain -> Finale

Oh and for what it's worth, Taen's story will continue in Project Azurite, the next Pokemon Fan Game from TheSuzerain, the man behind Insurgence.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

DoubleNegative posted:

Oh and for what it's worth, Taen's story will continue in Project Azurite, the next Pokemon Fan Game from TheSuzerain, the man behind Insurgence.

*clicks* I'm sorry is that Mega Porygon-Z?

gently caress, now I care about a Pokemon fangame. :negative:

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

As awesome as Mega Porygon Z is... I'm kinda hoping that's a Mega Unown and not just a "What other megas will we have" on the New Megas page.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Somehow, the Crystal thing not working actually...works...for the story. Taen really is incompetent enough that he'd fail to even use the gimmick he got.

Reukra is still the most likable antagonist and I'm glad he told Taen exactly what he deserved to hear. Good riddance indeed.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Man, compared to everyone's favorite spider boy, Ruin Metagross just seems sorta :effort:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I hope Taen continues to get poo poo on in the next game.

Damanation
Apr 16, 2018

Congratulations!

I admit I'm a little disappointed we don't see what the super combined dragon is.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
Kuria Region, as noted, is where the next game by this guy, Azurite, is going to take place. Hence the crystal metagross: Crystal pokemon is apparently that region's new schtick.

All of which is to say, Taen is absolutely going to continue to get his plans hosed by kids. No escape.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
I can't wait to see the parcel. Persephone is an awful person who deserved to get her poo poo pushed in, but I want something to go right in her life

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Supremezero posted:

All of which is to say, Taen is absolutely going to continue to get his plans hosed by kids. No escape.

I cannot wait to throw him in a dumpster with my Mega-Porygon-Z. :iia:

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

BisbyWorl posted:

Man, compared to everyone's favorite spider boy, Ruin Metagross just seems sorta :effort:

Which makes it all the more unfortunate that in Azurite it seems to be the only delta metagross, given that they list it's mega as just "Mega Delta Metagross" instead of ruin.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
Not surprised Taen gets poo poo on, DOESN'T get Kyurem Original and he even gets to continue his failures in a brand new region made by the same people, everyone wins except him and I love how much he sucks rear end. Also, looking at the Crystalization designs with the new fangame...I actually really like those designs. Blastoise gets a massive crystal cannon, Crystal Wing synchro Charizard, Chrysalis Veasaur, I like the crystal aesthetic and look forward to seeing their performances in battle and what they can bring to the table. I just HOPE that they are at least viable as team members outside of their crystalization forms *coughdelibirdcough*

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Looking through Azurite, they did the Substitution Ghost doll way better than Uranium - being a spirit that possess dolls because it wants to be friends, and sometimes ends up overprotective of the kids they befriend.

And while I'm wary of originals in game unless the Insurgence writers really improved, Miror B's design is really drat good. These are guys I do hope get spotted/hired by Game Freak.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Robindaybird posted:

Looking through Azurite, they did the Substitution Ghost doll way better than Uranium - being a spirit that possess dolls because it wants to be friends, and sometimes ends up overprotective of the kids they befriend.

And while I'm wary of originals in game unless the Insurgence writers really improved, Miror B's design is really drat good. These are guys I do hope get spotted/hired by Game Freak.

Miror B is from one of the official side games, for what it's worth.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

iospace posted:

Miror B is from one of the official side games, for what it's worth.

I think Robin's saying that official poo poo in fan games is always touchy, writing-wise.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Leraika posted:

I think Robin's saying that official poo poo in fan games is always touchy, writing-wise.

Yea, that's what I had meant to say. The redesign for him is great, but I'm wary of how good he'd be in game given Insurgence doesn't have a great track record for writing the official characters.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
I'm listening to some of the custom music from Azurite after searching for Team Vitreus and it's pretty solid, so it has that going for it at least! :v: DN are you gonna do Azurite next? I wanna see more from these devs

:kimchi:

The designs they have up on their site are really polished already, it's pretty cool.

Kitfox88 fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Apr 11, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Kitfox88 posted:

I'm listening to some of the custom music from Azurite after searching for Team Vitreus and it's pretty solid, so it has that going for it at least! :v: DN are you gonna do Azurite next? I wanna see more from these devs

:kimchi:

The designs they have up on their site are really polished already, it's pretty cool.

I'm pretty sure the fakemons/regionals for Azurite are going to be fine, if Insurgence is any indication anyway. One of the things I've approved of is they run the range of "bad" to "overpowered", which the main series games do as well.

Is it even out yet?

e: Mundane ball, for when trying to catch everything in a Beast Ball is not a big enough challenge.