Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Demanding public affiliation with JLM is pretty suspect as well based on this thread's assessment of it.

E: gently caress wotta snype

134 years ago in 1885: women are permitted to take entrance exams for Oxford University for the first time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

thespaceinvader posted:

Honestly at that point I think we'd see the PLP split properly and just straight up prop up the Tories rther than actually enter government. They wouldn't keep their jobs past the next parliament, but they probably wouldn't do that anyway.

Also fucken same. Which is why it may well be imperative to kick them out before they get given a free pass to do whatever the gently caress they want.

The issue of course being that the party withdrawing the whip en masse will play terribly. Again, CLPs need to get busy (unless there's some mechanism I'm not aware of)

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Yah, mass reselection is pretty much the only reasonable course of action at this point for CLPs with poo poo MPs.

But it's a tough process to enact viz Kate Hoey still having her job.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Lie detectors are total bollocks FYI

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~

The Question IRL posted:

So what's up with the self service scanners in shops in the UK.
I just came out of a Poundland in Glasgow and they have a demonic kids voice making Easter based puns.

Before that I was in Aldi (or maybe it was Lidl) and I swear the machines there used the same noises as the menu screen from the classic Resident Evil 2.
Last year they had a 'hilarious' elvis impersonator voice on the automatic tills at my local poundland. There were big signs up assuring everyone that it was officially licensed from the estate of the late mr. Presley so it was very respectful and not proof that we live in a capitalist dystopia.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Surprise surprise the party of workers rights makes it difficult for its members to lose their jobs.

If only the party's action could have secured me a job as well paid and secure as Kate Hoey's

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

TACD posted:

And inadmissible in UK courts afaik

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

The Question IRL posted:

I just came out of a Poundland in Glasgow and they have a demonic kids voice making Easter based puns.

Before that I was in Aldi (or maybe it was Lidl) and I swear the machines there used the same noises as the menu screen from the classic Resident Evil 2.

Sainsbury's put Alan Carrs voice on their self checkout tills for like a day last month

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Lol the Tory PEB for the locals was great. They have lower council tax than other councils while collect the bins more! Also Theresa May started as a councillor so you could be voting for the next Theresa May!

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

TACD posted:

So's Mike Ashley tho.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

kustomkarkommando posted:

Sainsbury's put Alan Carrs voice on their self checkout tills for like a day last month

I hope it was just him loudly commenting on everything you scanned

namesake posted:

Lol the Tory PEB for the locals was great. They have lower council tax than other councils while collect the bins more! Also Theresa May started as a councillor so you could be voting for the next Theresa May!

Yeah, amazing how Tory councils can pay for better services and collect less council tax! Vote magic money tree

baka kaba fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Apr 8, 2019

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Is it just me or is there some weird uncanny valley thing going on with both those faces?

https://i.imgflip.com/1od0i5.jpg

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
Why is nothing happening? The country is feeling v stressed and nothing is happening!

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Sloth Life posted:

Why is nothing happening? The country is feeling v stressed and nothing is happening!

School holiday innit? Everyone's loving off and going to get trapped in France on the way back after no deal.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

the joke is she knows she's pathetic, but is oblivious of just how

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
or perhaps, she's claiming that her around-men-she-likes pathetic is a lot better than her social media pathetic

I dunno

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

https://twitter.com/ElectionMapsUK/status/1115319944122699778
Wales only, but interesting considering the 'received wisdom' is that the current chaos will hurt both main parties.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
cheers whoever changed my av but i queued one up lol

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

:discourse:

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

jabby posted:

Wales only, but interesting considering the 'received wisdom' is that the current chaos will hurt both main parties.

numbers look weird

what's a bxp and how surprised should I be about the ukip->chuk thing

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Jose posted:

cheers whoever changed my av but i queued one up lol

With that subtext it should have been a rotating gif.

B- for effort.

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

numbers look weird

Brexit party, Farage's new home.

winegums
Dec 21, 2012

jabby posted:

Those numbers are flying dangerously close to Labour returning 2 MEPs along with a Tory and a Plaid. UKIP's split may actually result in both them and the new Farage vehicle getting nothing.

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

winegums posted:

Those numbers are flying dangerously close to Labour returning 2 MEPs along with a Tory and a Plaid. UKIP's split may actually result in both them and the new Farage vehicle getting nothing.

https://twitter.com/ElectionMapsUK/status/1115320751459057664

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

numbers look weird

It can't be a straight transfer between those two parties, it has to be voter mobilisation and knock on effects so loads of UKIPPERS are back to non-voters but a solid chunk of Labour and Tory went to CUK. Something like that.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

double nine posted:

With that subtext it should have been a rotating gif.

B- for effort.

Truly a missed opportunity.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

I have important news, in the immediate concern of all comrades.

Please, everyone, stop what you're doing and read this -

https://twitter.com/mehall/status/1115322575779958785

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

mehall posted:

Noted, I'll be avoiding them.

DrSnakeLaser
Sep 6, 2011

The Question IRL posted:

Christmas time had a plummy Santa voice yelling "OH HO HO, UNEXPECTED ITEM IN THE BAGGING AREA" in stereo. It's surreal.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

mehall posted:

This is true but it faces a strong contender in the galaxy golden eggs easter egg, which is all made up of galaxy golden egg chocolate.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007
Bill passed unopposed by the Lords, with amendment though

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Cadbury cream Easter egg

Luxury Tent Carpet
Feb 13, 2005

I hunted the Orphan of Kos and all I got was this stupid t-shirt
After Corbyn is swept into power all automated checkouts will use his voice and will announce “It’s all free, Comrade, take as much as you need!” all while the company bosses are forced to stand there and watch

winegums
Dec 21, 2012

https://twitter.com/iammightor/status/827483558621085696

One of the best twitter threads I've read in literally hours*.

*I am 2online.

Sex Robot
Jan 11, 2011

Nothing amazing happens here.
Everything is ordinary.

Flipswitch posted:

Cadbury cream Easter egg

I volunteer for sacrifice.

fatelvis
Mar 21, 2010

Smiling Jack posted:

If you're interested in nuclear arms poo poo, read Command and Control which is loving terrifying

I thoroughly recommend this book. The first wee bit is a bit of a slog, but it literally turns into a disaster thriller. Except all the stuff actually happened.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Smiling Jack posted:

If you're interested in nuclear arms poo poo, read Command and Control which is loving terrifying

Secret State is the nearest UK equivalent and so just as scary. The Americans could at least pretend that they might be able to "win" a nuclear war, the British Isles would be faintly-glowing dust within seconds of a serious war breaking out.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

mehall posted:

Well, yeah what else would it be made of?

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

OwlFancier posted:

Well, yeah what else would it be made of?

Most easter eggs are just crappy milk chocolate.

edit; most that you get in the supermarket anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Secret State is the nearest UK equivalent and so just as scary. The Americans could at least pretend that they might be able to "win" a nuclear war, the British Isles would be faintly-glowing dust within seconds of a serious war breaking out.

"For 20 years the nuclear launch code for US Minuteman silos was 00000000"

https://gizmodo.com/for-20-years-the-nuclear-launch-code-at-us-minuteman-si-1473483587

I was actually looking for an article on rubbish UK freefall nuclear bomb security (it was initially basically a switch) but this is also alarming.