Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

poo poo’s getting crazy...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010
Got stuck on Owl then didn’t play for like 4 days and then came back and beat him first try

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Oh Long Johnson posted:

Got stuck on Owl then didn’t play for like 4 days and then came back and beat him first try

yeah that's been my strategy. he gave me less problems than isshin, but his second version is way harder and what i am currently stuck on

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

a Loving Dog posted:

yeah that's been my strategy. he gave me less problems than isshin, but his second version is way harder and what i am currently stuck on

i got him pretty quick just trying over and over with no change in strategy....i think u just gotta learn to read him. also i figured out firecrackers dont do anything if theyre behind u the first time around

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

scary ghost dog posted:

i got him pretty quick just trying over and over with no change in strategy....i think u just gotta learn to read him. also i figured out firecrackers dont do anything if theyre behind u the first time around

yeah the firecracker thing has been the difference maker in terms of getting further and further in the fight, i just gotta sit down for awhile and train my reflexes

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

a Loving Dog posted:

I love how nearly all of his moves are shinobi techniques you can learn

Sivek
Nov 12, 2012

a Loving Dog posted:

I had trouble dealing with the second version's firecrackers until I figured out that he almost always throws them when he does the shoulder push, so just jump back after he pushes and they'll never hit you.

I can't stop playing this game and have 55 attack power now.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Sivek posted:

I had trouble dealing with the second version's firecrackers until I figured out that he almost always throws them when he does the shoulder push, so just jump back after he pushes and they'll never hit you.

walk forward and they wont hit you either....its immediately punishable

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

I thoguht I was hot poo poo at this game then I turned on the demon bell and tried fighting lady butterfly with no upgrades...

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

a Loving Dog posted:

The biggest thing that worked for me was using nightjar slash to close the gap after he dashes back, especially in the first phase

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/sebmal/status/1115390025745625090

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Endgame spoilers I'm at what I think is the final boss - I can get through Genichiro without much trouble, Isshin seems doable but I just need to last long enough to learn his attack patterns

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Sivek posted:

:stonklol:

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Endgame spoilers I'm at what I think is the final boss - I can get through Genichiro without much trouble, Isshin seems doable but I just need to last long enough to learn his attack patterns

the more aggressive you are the less he uses his really hard to block combos. learning when you can sneak in a counter hit is when i started getting to phase 2 with no damage reliably.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

JudgeX posted:

the more aggressive you are the less he uses his really hard to block combos. learning when you can sneak in a counter hit is when i started getting to phase 2 with no damage reliably.

keeping on his rear end also makes his posture bar go up really fast, the first two phases are definitely easier if u focus on that

Sex Tragedy
Jan 28, 2007

father of three with an extra large butt
The oafs weeping over Ashina burning...

Sex Tragedy
Jan 28, 2007

Sex Tragedy posted:

Oafs weep over fire
Clashing swords of Ashina
Starving Wolf Dies Twice

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Sex Tragedy posted:

I was going to stealth kill one but walked in front of him first just in case he wasnt a threat. You live this time, weeping oaf

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

owl father down. only took me maybe 6-7 tries after a two day break, his second phase was surprisingly easy after getting the first down because he only adds 2 moves

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's pretty rare that they pull any dark souls 3 style phases changes which I appreciated. It's usually a similar fight with maybe one tweak to show that they're pissed off

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

In Training posted:

It's pretty rare that they pull any dark souls 3 style phases changes which I appreciated. It's usually a similar fight with maybe one tweak to show that they're pissed off

ya the only one that fits with the dark souls 3 mid fight dramatic shift is guardian ape which does it better than any dark souls 3 boss

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

a Loving Dog posted:

owl father down. only took me maybe 6-7 tries after a two day break, his second phase was surprisingly easy after getting the first down because he only adds 2 moves

Me too. I got to the next area and had to take a break. Some pretty crazy poo poo is happening.

Sex Tragedy
Jan 28, 2007

scary ghost dog posted:

ya the only one that fits with the dark souls 3 mid fight dramatic shift is guardian ape which does it better than any dark souls 3 boss

If you fight owl twice he has a nice surprise

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010

a Loving Dog posted:

Felt insanely good beating him

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I finally beat the first rooftop boss after like 2 hours on my no kuro's charm/bell demon/rooster run. this is so much harder than my first playthrough was

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Sex Tragedy posted:

If you fight owl twice he has a nice surprise

ya but it doesnt really change the fight.....thats what started this whole tangent anyway.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
been away from my ps4 qq

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
wots the imp zone verdict then now that most have u have probly finished.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

been away from my ps4 qq

same, I'm hella way behind now and resigned myself to finishing this game around 2020

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

I.N.R.I posted:

Best game ive played since at least 2015

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Ragg posted:

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Ragg posted:

feels kinda cool seeing u post that.. idk why. i guess cos u hated dark souls or something? i have like this vague memrory of a couple ppl on this forum taking every opportunity to put dark souls on blast

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

I think I like Bloodborne more still since the aesthetic and art design was a little more unique but the game is still incredible, and I'm looking forward to playing it 5 more times to get all the secrets

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

how is the replay value? with the game having no real "builds" and that. I never got into NG+++++ in souls, always just wanted to try a new character

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

how is the replay value? with the game having no real "builds" and that. I never got into NG+++++ in souls, always just wanted to try a new character

i heard it has 4 endings. so its at least that replayable if youre int othe story and lore and stuff .. but otherwise it would just depend how much u actually enjoy the gameplay right?

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

replay value is still pretty high with gimmick runs imo

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

I had a nightmare that I missed an early game area, lol,i was talking to a new npc and losing my mind when he offered to do something with my mask fragments (irl i am 40 hrs in and have not found what to do with these, something about the conscious leaking into the subconscious??)

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

HolePisser1982 posted:

I had a nightmare that I missed an early game area, lol,i was talking to a new npc and losing my mind when he offered to do something with my mask fragments (irl i am 40 hrs in and have not found what to do with these, something about the conscious leaking into the subconscious??)

weed makes me not dream anymore so i haven't had a real good rear end dream in years :(

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

a Loving Dog posted:

weed makes me not dream anymore so i haven't had a real good rear end dream in years :(

haha i get like one a year, im in the same boat. my dreams also dont have backgrounds, just take place in front of a sucking void, so theyre not even the real good ones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

some of the hitboxes on demon of hatred's moves are absolute horseshit lol