Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Just hatched a shiny Abra if anyone wants it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle.

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Are there Pokeymon say-ers in this very thread??

My wife says pick-ahcoo and I'm 90% sure it's just to gently caress me off because lord knows we've seen enough of the show for her to know better

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Dan Didio posted:

Just hatched a shiny Abra if anyone wants it.

I'll take it!

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Alright, it's Mild, if that matters. (I was breeding for Modest Synchronize Abra's for catching purposes and the one right after the shiny was the first Modest, funnily enough.)

Also, there's one very important catch; you have to explain to me how I actually trade things on this game.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Dan Didio posted:

Alright, it's Mild, if that matters. (I was breeding for Modest Synchronize Abra's for catching purposes and the one right after the shiny was the first Modest, funnily enough.)

Also, there's one very important catch; you have to explain to me how I actually trade things on this game.

Deal.

Which version are you playing (sun, moon, ultra whatever, omega ruby, ect.)?

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Ultra Moon, at the moment.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Dan Didio posted:

Ultra Moon, at the moment.

Okay, first you need to make sure your 3DS is conected to the wifi. Then read this set of step by step instructions: https://www.thonky.com/pokemon/trade-from-ultra-moon-to-ultra-moon

Let me know when you get to the festival plaza, also I need you friend code. Mine is 3926-6017-3031. To find your friend code just go to the Friend list on the 3DS menu (sorry if you already know this part, just making sure).

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

No, that's very helpful, I didn't know any of that, also apparently I need to make a loving mii, give me a minute.

Mine is 4700 - 1851 -2626 .

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Dan Didio posted:

No, that's very helpful, I didn't know any of that, also apparently I need to make a loving mii, give me a minute.

Yeah, Nintendo doesn't make this easy. They're way behind on online stuff. Also, my in game name is Omoly, and I should warn you I don't really have anything good to give you because I'm using my ultra moon file and all my cool stuff is on my regular moon file which I don't have on me at the moment.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Dan Didio posted:

Mine is 4700 - 1851 -2626 .

great, let me add you real quick.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Oh, I don't care what I get, don't sweat it.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Dan Didio posted:

Oh, I don't care what I get, don't sweat it.

Thank you so much for the Abra! :3: It's super cute.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Thank you so much for the Abra! :3: It's super cute.

No worries. Enjoy.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Big Bad Beetleborg posted:

My wife says pick-ahcoo and I'm 90% sure it's just to gently caress me off because lord knows we've seen enough of the show for her to know better
Sever.

But also the show comment reminds of people who say Nay-ruto or Marry-o or what have you. How is any of this possible after the number of times you must have heard these things said

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Sever.

But also the show comment reminds of people who say Nay-ruto or Marry-o or what have you. How is any of this possible after the number of times you must have heard these things said

It's pokeymans who cares how you say a bulbyswore or a picklechoo. It's not like you get tested on this, or that you're delivering a speech to the UN or whatever

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

There was a brief period of my life where I thought the name of the yellow rodent that's been made the mascot was actually named "Pokemon"

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
How many people purposefully mispronounce their irl pets names to be silly and cute? It's like that. love my Gollysuhpode

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
my cat hates it when I shorten or mispronounce her name, Shiny Necrozma Dawn Wings

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Nasgate posted:

How many people purposefully mispronounce their irl pets names to be silly and cute? It's like that. love my Gollysuhpode

I just call my dog the sausage, she of course loves it.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

All three of my wife's mother's cats are "Fluffy Babies"

Getting swarmed by them is always terrifying

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Nasgate posted:

What should I do with Type:Null ? I have a revolving door for a sixth slot and it seems interesting enough to keep around while I do post-game stuff.

I used my Silvally (Type:Null's evolved form) to beat up the Elite Four for cash monies/evolving things for Dex completion. Swapping the Memories around meant I could type-match them all with a single slot. All I had to do was keep his signature move topped off with Leppa Berries from the Pelago. Super easy.

Silvally is my beautiful son.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
“Silvalleye!” — Silvally saying its name enthousiastically

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

sil valley

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

oddium posted:

sil valley

Silvally looks puzzled, not understanding what is being said or who is being called

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
snivy with a short i like in "it"

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
cant believe i have to shoot sivally for being prescriptivist, but its for the best

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

The White Dragon posted:

snivy with a short i like in "it"

wait, that's not how it's normally...?

huh, oops.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Snake+ivy...like the plant...'cause he's a grass type...

:thejoke:

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

Wow, I never thought about it!

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

oddium posted:

sil valley

Gladeon confirmed for tech bro

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Flopsy posted:

I just call my dog the sausage, she of course loves it.

Dogs will respond to anything

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlE2CaFsGX0

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

I am not without Pokemon pronunciation sins either.

It makes sense that that guy pronounces it Ar-canine but it will always be Arka-nine to me.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

it is arc anine

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

less laughter posted:

“Silvalleye!” — Silvally saying its name enthousiastically

Not even sure how that would work because in-universe, Gladion is the one who named the species.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Arcane nine

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
It's Arcanin-e

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

R-Cannon

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Nanigans posted:

Snake+ivy...

snide + ivy

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Zuzie posted:

Not even sure how that would work because in-universe, Gladion is the one who named the species.
well what do you mean by "in universe?" the anime and the games are different in the games pokemon make animal noises in the anime gladion obviously named it after the sounds it makes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

I call her the sausage because she's shaped like one. I don't really want to know how that dog got that name.