Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

81sidewinder
Sep 8, 2014

Buying stocks on the day of the crash

MassRafTer posted:

Remember when people were flipping out how Dave is so clueless for thinking Kurt Angle is actually wrestling Corbin at WrestleMania and it is obvious he's wrestling John Cena?

Hard to fault people for that - the build on TV addressed that Corbin wasn't a worthy opponent for this big moment. Seemed super obvious that there was something up, and it was flat as hell when it was clear there was no surprise coming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

Remember when people were flipping out how Dave is so clueless for thinking Kurt Angle is actually wrestling Corbin at WrestleMania and it is obvious he's wrestling John Cena?

remember months ago when people were like "they can't possibly!" and i said it was totally consistent with how little of a gently caress the WWE gives about Kurt Angle. Those people are all dead now

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire
Bryan making GBS threads on Ronda getting pinned and not tapping out while Dave kind of defending defends it is hilarious. Dave half-heartedly defending the idea because it’s almost certainly from his source, Heyman, even though he doesn’t fully agree with it. This is why WO/F4W is worth $11, hook that poo poo into my veins.

Does Dave not smarten Bryan up to that stuff, or what? Bryan totally ranting about how stupid something that Dave’s buddy dreamt up is gold.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
The Ronda finish was a classic Vince trying to have his cake and eat it too finish. Rather than do one thing really well, it did three things poorly. Heyman could certainly have scripted it but this was exactly the kind of thing Vince would have chosen.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Dave's been describing the internal discussions on Ronda tapping for a month. The half-hearted defense has been really funny next to his complete 180 on the threeway where his source made an unassailable business case for why it shouldn't be Ronda vs. Becky.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

Sure do :laffo:

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

MassRafTer posted:

Yeah but even Dave said he didn’t believe it even though he was told it was the plan.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
If the crucifix pin was the planned finish, another problem was that all three women have submission finishers and there was no effort made into giving them additional big signature moves to get hot near falls off of to make the roll-up less cold.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

The only spots I remember from the match are the wet fart table spot and Becky going for the armbar at least 10 times lmao

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

fart blood posted:

Yeah but even Dave said he didn’t believe it even though he was told it was the plan.

Which made it all the weirder when people said they couldn't believe he was reporting it was going to be the match, even though he'd pointed out numerous times that he couldn't believe it either but everybody he asked kept telling him it was the case so what else COULD he report?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

He and Bryan are constantly surprised by poo poo the company does*, I can't comprehend why everyone thought This One was the one they'd be right for thinking WWE wasn't too dumb to do

*Bryan ranted on Twitter today that Mania going to just about midnight at the start of a weekday for Eastern time-zone residents was wrong
https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/1115321244268867584

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Chris James 2 posted:

He and Bryan are constantly surprised by poo poo the company does*, I can't comprehend why everyone thought This One was the one they'd be right for thinking WWE wasn't too dumb to do

*Bryan ranted on Twitter today that Mania going to just about midnight at the start of a weekday for Eastern time-zone residents was wrong
https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/1115321244268867584

look I respect Bryan

but New Jersey Transit is an operation that blames Dunkin Donuts for not opening stations to passengers

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

look I respect Bryan

but New Jersey Transit is an operation that blames Dunkin Donuts for not opening stations to passengers
I don't respect Bryan, but if NJT is even close to telling the truth here—and look, WWE clearly isn't—then this is super hosed up: https://www.nj.com/news/2019/04/nj-transit-blames-wwe-after-thousands-of-wrestlemania-fans-stranded-in-the-rain.html

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

look I respect Bryan

Wasn't that literally a Dunkin Donuts, though?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

STAC Goat posted:

Wasn't that literally a Dunkin Donuts, though?

I dunno I know they're rebranding, but I don't think this is one of their usual schemes

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

davidbix posted:

I don't respect Bryan, but if NJT is even close to telling the truth here—and look, WWE clearly isn't—then this is super hosed up: https://www.nj.com/news/2019/04/nj-transit-blames-wwe-after-thousands-of-wrestlemania-fans-stranded-in-the-rain.html

Also, blame local leaders who just want the money the event brings and refuse to do even the literal base level of research on when these things typically end.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

davidbix posted:

they hosed up getting people out of the Superbowl a few years ago, and have done poo poo to improve infrastructure

they are nickel and diming operating costs to the point where rather than have some sort of night shift at a station, they lock it at night and have a goddamned dunkin donuts employee unlock the station in the morning instead of an actual state employee

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
i 100% believe NJTransit because they can delay a train for hours at a moments notice

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

sportsgenius86 posted:

Also, blame local leaders who just want the money the event brings and refuse to do even the literal base level of research on when these things typically end.

I can't speak for NJT, but the transit authority here requires notice from the event holder and the event holder has to pay to keep the Metro open after normal hours if the event is expected to run late.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Erick Stevens announced he is now taking bookings so the Monumental Podcast is changing lives. Part 2 of the Hogan book will be up maybe tonight, I've been very busy.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

davidbix posted:

If the crucifix pin was the planned finish, another problem was that all three women have submission finishers and there was no effort made into giving them additional big signature moves to get hot near falls off of to make the roll-up less cold.

They sort of tried with Piper's Pit for Ronda, and Charlotte has the spear and moonsault that can easily be credible, but they 100% should have given Becky one.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Becky has the bexsploder and a pretty good looking uranage that they've basically never tried to sell either as match enders.

Daunte Vicknabb
Feb 22, 2005

You are already dead

rovert posted:

Let me sheepishly say I am with Grimace. Don't know why Meltzer has taken the tact he has about the match when it is pretty transparent that Angle/Cena was always the plan. Angle was Cena's first main roster opponent. And now so many people have been paired with others - Rey vs Samoa Joe for example. The process of elimination has taken effect.

Would like to think Meltzer was told but was told not to spoil it or something.

Don't even have to go back 3 weeks for this beauty.

Anyways, it's obvious that Dave has his shortcomings as a reporter/journalist these days in terms of not wanting to speak ill of his friends. It's a shame but also hard to blame the guy for not wanting to poo poo on his friends and their daughters.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

obsessive

Daunte Vicknabb
Feb 22, 2005

You are already dead

yea ok posted:

obsessive

I think I've posted about Rovert a total of one time ever, so perhaps your trigger finger reaction to every post laughing about Rovert's obsession with saying Meltzer is wrong might want to hold off this time?

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MhAmmge-Xk&t=16s

any scoopster in wrestling

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I dunno I know they're rebranding, but I don't think this is one of their usual schemes

My memory of the story was that NJT sold the station off to Dunkin Donuts years ago and decided to just have a non-stationed stop. So like its totally understandable that passengers didn't realize this and expected NJT to open their doors but its also literally true that it wasn't their building to open the doors of.

Now there's probably something in there about how capitalism sucks and we should have public transit that serves the people first or something. But strictly speaking I think NJT was telling the truth that Dunkin Donuts had to make the decision.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Rovert dunks himself again. Guy is terrible

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Move along, people.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

Move along, people.

Thanks. I gave up on it being Cena a week or two before Mania given the physical state Kurt was in in his final matches for the record.

81sidewinder posted:

Hard to fault people for that - the build on TV addressed that Corbin wasn't a worthy opponent for this big moment. Seemed super obvious that there was something up, and it was flat as hell when it was clear there was no surprise coming.

Just on Cena.

On Wrestlemania day I think WrestlingInc reported that Cena was going to be a guest referee.

Also, Cena seemed to kayfabe his Wrestlemania role backstage as he's wearing his current era look in his picture:
https://twitter.com/WWECorino/status/1115252859380092928

Seems like his role was all kept close to the vest. One of those "only three people knew" type things.

rovert fucked around with this message at 12:30 on Apr 10, 2019

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

STAC Goat posted:

My memory of the story was that NJT sold the station off to Dunkin Donuts years ago and decided to just have a non-stationed stop. So like its totally understandable that passengers didn't realize this and expected NJT to open their doors but its also literally true that it wasn't their building to open the doors of.

Now there's probably something in there about how capitalism sucks and we should have public transit that serves the people first or something. But strictly speaking I think NJT was telling the truth that Dunkin Donuts had to make the decision.

no, they leased out a space and possibly as a term of the lease, they required D&D to open the station for them before NJT first shift would arrive

i only say possibly as that was what NJT said themselves.

there was no decision to be made, other than NJT's decision to nickel and dime operating costs.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK fucked around with this message at 13:18 on Apr 10, 2019

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Apparently this Dave appearance went under the radar Wrestlemania week. It also involves Lita & Dalton Castle & is roughly 50% cringey & 50% confusing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuUsPmk68Zw

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
The hosts were terrible. Didn't capitalise on the guests at all. I wouldn't recommend powering through the whole thing.

Salina Del Reina seemed pleased to see Meltzer. She's a Court Bauer understudy so she's probably well clued up on her. Also, Dave is a fan of her work.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

rovert posted:

The hosts were terrible. Didn't capitalise on the guests at all. I wouldn't recommend powering through the whole thing.

Salina Del Reina seemed pleased to see Meltzer. She's a Court Bauer understudy so she's probably well clued up on her. Also, Dave is a fan of her work.

That's a really terrible public access show and Brett Davis is a loving idiot.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
“It looked like Dave Meltzer’s floor” was a really underrated Vinnie joke from this weeks Retro Nitro

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

rovert posted:

if you mean Salina de la Renta(I think you do) yes she's super dope

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I made the mistake of replying to a tweet Dave had quoted and my mentions have been an argument about AEW for the last hour and a half.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Dave not knowing what the Fyre Fest is was :discourse:

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"
Dave and Bryan being completely oblivious to the Kenny Omega Fyter Festival being a reference to Fyre Festival is peak bubble WOR. Just mystified by the whole thing. Baffled!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I also really like Bryan just not giving a poo poo about Dave's extended bit that WrestleMania is still happening.