Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

Wipfmetz posted:

I know this post is from a few pages ago, but "really bad German"? There are two Altdorfs near Stuttgart. :|

Should've said "lazy", sorry. I don't speak German and I was going from memory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AttitudeAdjuster
May 2, 2010
Have CA confirmed how much DLC is left to come for TW:WH2 after this lord pack?

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

toasterwarrior posted:

I usually hate fighting Wood Elves, but I've never fought them with a race that: 1) has units it can freely throw out to die, 2) can literally summon units right on top of the enemy, 3) can shoot with the best of them.

I recognize that Vampirates can do this, but doing it with my ratbois? Worth the asking price and more, I reckon.

Wood Elves don't get any sort of artillery

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

AttitudeAdjuster posted:

Have CA confirmed how much DLC is left to come for TW:WH2 after this lord pack?

Just that this isn’t the last one.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Krazyface posted:

Wood Elves don't get any sort of artillery

I know? I still hate fighting them

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I tend to think they get entire squads of extremely precise artillery. Their archers are bullshit.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

OwlFancier posted:

I tend to think they get entire squads of extremely precise artillery. Their archers are bullshit.

Seconded. Super good damage and long range being not mutually exclusive is kind of the problem imo.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

Ikit Claw is basically skaven Doctor Doom. he got blown to poo poo in some kind of failed experiment (maybe his first doomsphere prototype?) which burned his face really bad and basically withered up and ruined one of his arms, so he made himself a cool suit of power armour with a badass metal helmet to cover up his burns.

ikit meets queek

like Doctor Doom he's also insanely good at magic as well as science, having traveled the world to learn the secrets of every race's form of magic, from studying with the dark elves, excavating lizardmen ruins, and even going to Cathay to learn from their mystics (by stealing). he's one of the most Learned sorcerers in the warhammer world, which is pretty impressive considering he's a giant rat. Thanquol prevents him from being the most powerful skaven sorcerer, cause thanquol is just stupidly powerful through no virtue of his own, and doesn't know anywhere near as much as Ikit.

Ikit's also largely responsible for Clan Skryre's prominence in skaven society, because he kicked a LOT of pestilens rear end during the skaven civil war. I forget if I posted about the skaven civil war, but basically Clan Pestilens went to Lustria, went insane from jungle disease, started their new plague religion, then came back to skavenblight and tried to take over. they lost, but only just, and the other skaven had to deal with the plague monks being an accepted part of skaven society from then on.

being also a one-rat manhattan project (rathattan project?), Ikit's greatest dream is to create a weapon so destructive it would make him more famous than any skaven, ever. he's kind of succeeded with the Doomsphere, which is literally a nuke made from warpstone. the first one he built got sabotaged by dwarfs, it exploded wrong and was much weaker than it should have been (like when a real nuke fails to reach supercriticality). the second one got hosed up by gotrek and felix.

then uh, the next time he built one it was the end times and he literally blew up the moon. he also blew up nagash's indestructible black pyramid, which all the other powers of the world had failed to do at some point. he blew up Prince Apophas, the tomb king scarab beetle ghost mummy who was literally barred from the afterlife and as such supposed to be impossible to kill. Ikit nuked his soul out of existence I guess.

he did invent basically all the cool skaven weapons we know and love, like the doomwheel, the doom flayer, and the stormfiend (in partnership with Throt the unclean). i dunno if he invented the ratling gun or warpfire thrower or poison wind globadiers, but he was behind the big Skryre push to develop advanced weapons after the skaven civil war.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Skryre owning Skavenblight is also pretty true to canon, as imbalanced as it may sound. Their technology and mercenary attitude about loaning their inventions and expertise out eventually got them the more-or-less top spot in Skaven society.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
So... hes the best? hes the best character...

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Motherfucker posted:

Every character is the best but Ikit’s close to being the besterest.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Ikit laughing manically as he nuked the daylights out of Lizardmen sold me on him being the besterest :allears:

Also not to dump over 3KTW, but The Prophet and The Warlock trailer has more views in fives days than Dong Zhuo's reveal has garnered in two months :v:

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Predator is a cultural touchstone

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Blooming Brilliant posted:

Ikit laughing manically as he nuked the daylights out of Lizardmen sold me on him being the besterest :allears:

Also not to dump over 3KTW, but The Prophet and The Warlock trailer has more views in fives days than Dong Zhuo's reveal has garnered in two months :v:

I think that has something to do with the dlc trailer having more content, as in more stuff to show off and merit re-watching.

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006
Manrattan project, he’s a rat man, man rat, Manrattan

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Motherfucker posted:

Thanquol is still better, becouse Ikkit had to invent a nuke to even dream of matching the pure destruction that is Thanquol bumbling around shrewd politicking just existing.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

drat its been said but its a real shame Skaven almost single handedly ruin Lucky's mod

if you ever end up in a fight with them its pretty much the end of the campaign unless you want to spend the next few hours fighting clanrats
the clanrats are so OP it even ruins playing as skaven since clanrats become hands down the best skaven infantry since they basically get multiple lives and have good stats and morale to begin with so they outperform plague monks in any scenario

imo all it really takes to fix it is a big ol' nerf to clanrat and slave morale, like -10 or more across the board. clanrats are really sturdy on top of everything else, the regen mechanic would be fine if it was easier to chase them off the map.

e: oh as i say this he just released a nerf to it. restricts them to one regen per battle which is better but doesnt really address the weird sturdiness of skaven imo
in general infantry in Lucky's has way lower killing power so tarpits are way stronger, the only really loving murderous infantry i can think of are buffed up great weapon chaos warriors who have like 50/50 and huge AP attacks and armour. no other infantry is as killy as, say, a warpfire gun or a bastilodon

Communist Thoughts fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Apr 9, 2019

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

Lt. Lizard posted:

Thanquol is still better, becouse Ikkit had to invent a nuke to even dream of matching the pure destruction that is Thanquol bumbling around shrewd politicking just existing.

what is this 'power levels' bullshit metric??

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

I am way too excited for this drat DLC, blowing stuff up and dinosaurs eating people are my two favourite things

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Is there any footage of the Ark of Sotek's snake whirlpool in action?

Anno
May 10, 2017

Mordja posted:

Is there any footage of the Ark of Sotek's snake whirlpool in action?

I think there was in the show match they played on the morning of day 1 when Steam was down.

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe

ZombyDog posted:

Remember when someone dubbed the Predator theme over the Jungle teaser for Warhams 2?

Creative Assembly remembers.

A bit late but that was me!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cl0ttRl7BiI

Even had the current title of the thread hidden away in the "show more" tab.

Gejnor fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Apr 9, 2019

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
All the characters are the best, except Mannfred

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Sotek is basically anti-skaven malal so hes pretty rad

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I think it'd be pretty cool to will a new god into existence solely to be a piece of poo poo towards an enemy, and thus Sotek is cool and good.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

jokes posted:

I think it'd be pretty cool to will a new god into existence solely to be a piece of poo poo towards an enemy, and thus Sotek is cool and good.
Is Tehenhauin always running around with that stone tablet? Does he really like showing off Sotek's Lone Commandment (Kill All Skaven) that much?

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

A reminder that Thanquol managed to summon Skarbrand - the most powerful Bloodthirster in existence - accidentally. Using a summoning ritual that really should have been fairly basic and known to him(he was going for a Verminlord). To say he's a giant beacon of destruction (usually of Skaven) is a huge understatement.

ad090
Oct 4, 2013

claws for alarm
FLC Lizardmen LL getting revealed on tomorrow's stream confirmed, 10am est.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

Huh. Thought they would add a new Bretonnian, or is that content patch not until later? They would both have three LLs with Tehenhauin, so I figured giving the Lizardmen two simultaneously would've been a bit much.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

THE BAR posted:

Huh. Thought they would add a new Bretonnian, or is that content patch not until later? They would both have three LLs with Tehenhauin, so I figured giving the Lizardmen two simultaneously would've been a bit much.

We had this discussion a couple pages ago. Every faction but Lizardmen has their free LL.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

THE BAR posted:

Bretonnia is getting some mechanical reworking and updates same as how the dwarves got forgingand vampires got blood kisses. The FLC lords are for the game two factions.

ad090
Oct 4, 2013

claws for alarm

THE BAR posted:

A stated goal for them is for every faction to have at least 4 LLs, this "policy" seems to have started during the current WH2 game, so they're giving WH2 races 4LLs, and all new factions added get 4LLs to start to with. They haven't added new WH1 LLs yet, all they've done is update skill trees, change campaign mechanics, and move start positions of existing lords, Bretonnia was a FLC, so need idea why they haven't gotten a 4th, since it wouldn't be a dlc/flc of a dlc.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
I still can't believe we got Tretch Craventail as the Skaven FLC lord. Especially since Skaven already had Queek to fill the role of 'lovely foot Lord with literally no interesting abilities' already and a ton of cooler characters they could have pulled from.

I mean hell, I think only Grimgor is as bad as those two are which is saying something. Even Sigvald has his healing item.

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I think high elves getting two LLs at once was a bit much; should've given the other one to the Vampire Counts.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Zore posted:

I still can't believe we got Tretch Craventail as the Skaven FLC lord. Especially since Skaven already had Queek to fill the role of 'lovely foot Lord with literally no interesting abilities' already and a ton of cooler characters they could have pulled from.

Tretch is up there with Ghorst as least inspired pick LL in the series. Albrect is on there as well, but at least has the excuse that Bretonnia has few good characters (even there Bertrand the Bandit would have been more interesting).

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Someone made a good point about how Tretch was the Skaven incarnate: an untrustworthy, coward rat bastard who'll gut you the moment he gets a chance and is oddly fortunate at times. Every other LL apart from probably Thanquol is technically an aberration to the Skaven norm.

In that sense, sure, I think he's worthy as an LL.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

toasterwarrior posted:

Someone made a good point about how Tretch was the Skaven incarnate: an untrustworthy, coward rat bastard who'll gut you the moment he gets a chance and is oddly fortunate at times. Every other LL apart from probably Thanquol is technically an aberration to the Skaven norm.

In that sense, sure, I think he's worthy as an LL.

Yeah but they could have given him a Bonebreaker mount or something so he isn't mechanically just 'Queek +MD, -MA'

Anno
May 10, 2017

There are enough Moulder units still out there that we could easily still see a Throt expansion for the Skaven, and then Thanquol in some form too. I think CA likes dollars and that’d be a good way to get more of them.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Tretch makes perfect sense when you consider where game 3 takes place.

Zore posted:

I mean hell, I think only Grimgor is as bad as those two are which is saying something. Even Sigvald has his healing item.

I'd bet that Skaven are going to get another lord to go in Hellpit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Zore posted:

Ok but have you consider that running away for combat bonuses owns