Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
You'd think the father, somewhere during the process of being sued and potentially losing control of the crime scene, would've dug up the body and moved it somewhere else. Men who murder their wives are often arrogant I suppose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Sarcopenia posted:

Poor guy. Why on earth didn't they get a warrant for that backyard? :psyduck:

Cops are poo poo

Think of the stupid rear end in a top hat from high school who you knew would never be able to hold down a regular job. Guess what? He's a cop now.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

RNG posted:

You malingerers act as though Necco wafers don't exist. "I don't like the way this tastes" vs. "this challenges the definition of 'candy.'"

Good news! Necco Wafers no longer exist!

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Basebf555 posted:

You'd think the father, somewhere during the process of being sued and potentially losing control of the crime scene, would've dug up the body and moved it somewhere else. Men who murder their wives are often arrogant I suppose.

He buried the body in concrete, I think he just didn't want to go to the trouble. Plus it would have attracted a lot of attention if he began destroying the patio of a house he was being sued for ownership of and which the plaintiff said there was a body under.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

AlbieQuirky posted:

This is phenomenal news. I just felt the world get a little better.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Basebf555 posted:

my man, have you ever torn up a concrete slab?

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
I'm mostly surprised the father didn't take the first plane to a country without an extradition treaty as soon as he lost the case.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

luxury handset posted:

my man, have you ever torn up a concrete slab?

I had no idea it was concrete, I couldn't read the article without a subscription. But yea, that does change the situation quite a bit because of the effort involved but also the attention you'd get from the noise and equipment needed.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Basebf555 posted:

I had no idea it was concrete, I couldn't read the article without a subscription. But yea, that does change the situation quite a bit because of the effort involved but also the attention you'd get from the noise and equipment needed.

It said it was concrete in the tweet.

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"
People who have $26 mil to forfeit seem to be not be questioned nearly as hard as everyone else.

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

Not to be morbid, but putting bodies under concrete has been a reliable and relative safe method since the invention of concrete.

Basketball courts , garages, doesn’t matter, the higher dollar the build, the better. Ground penetrating radar and such has made this a touch more risky, but those cost money too.

The cost in dollars and embarrassment for an elected official to perform an expensive dig can be a career ender

CleverHans
Apr 25, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Dr.Caligari posted:

Not to be morbid, but putting bodies under concrete has been a reliable and relative safe method since the invention of concrete.

Basketball courts , garages, doesn’t matter, the higher dollar the build, the better. Ground penetrating radar and such has made this a touch more risky, but those cost money too.

The cost in dollars and embarrassment for an elected official to perform an expensive dig can be a career ender

Pretty sure it's still working for Hoffa, somewhere.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

CleverHans posted:

Pretty sure it's still working for Hoffa, somewhere.

Noted mob hitman Kuklinski says that the body was burned in an oil drum, then the drum was welded shut and eventually compacted down into a cube. Then the cube was shipped off somewhere in Asia with other scrap metal.

When the mob wants your body gone I guess they don't gently caress around.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Basebf555 posted:

Noted mob hitman Kuklinski says that the body was burned in an oil drum, then the drum was welded shut and eventually compacted down into a cube. Then the cube was shipped off somewhere in Asia with other scrap metal.

According to Frank Sheeran, they got rid of his body by cremating it after he shot him in the head. I'd take that with a giant grain of salt though. (the cremation makes sense, Sheeran doing it is the questionable part)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Sheeran#Disputed_allegations

AFewBricksShy has a new favorite as of 18:00 on Apr 9, 2019

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

they threw hoffa's body into the landfill fire under the pulaski skyway

nah they fed him to a scrap metal machine in a kearny junkyard

thats stupid, they encased him in concrete and threw him in the hackensack river

what, that's dumb, he was buried under one of the endzones in the old Giants Stadium

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
Scorsese apparently shot a movie starring Deniro as a guy who has claimed to have killed Hoffa. It's called The Irishman, coming out at some point later this year.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Hoffa was killed by so many people at once

Get on his level, Mussolini

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Basebf555 posted:

Scorsese apparently shot a movie starring Deniro as a guy who has claimed to have killed Hoffa. It's called The Irishman, coming out at some point later this year.

That's Frank Sheeran (see my post above).

I read his book. There's a lot of stuff that is super questionable. He claims to have given the guns to the cia guys that killed Kennedy, because obviously they would have needed to get a teamster heavy to give them rifles.

Edit: Reading the wiki, apparently he said it was a mob hit, but I thought he described the guys as "government types" or something like that. It still reeked of bs though.

AFewBricksShy has a new favorite as of 19:08 on Apr 9, 2019

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

AFewBricksShy posted:

That's Frank Sheeran (see my post above).

I read his book. There's a lot of stuff that is super questionable. He claims to have given the guns to the cia guys that killed Kennedy, because obviously they would have needed to get a teamster heavy to give them rifles.

Edit: Reading the wiki, apparently he said it was a mob hit, but I thought he described the guys as "government types" or something like that. It still reeked of bs though.

Yea, his explanation for the Kennedy assassination is that Hoffa arranged it because he was pissed off at RFK for "harassing" him. Tough to believe Hoffa would've even thought of assassinating the President as an option, it just seems ridiculous on it's face.

The wiki page also says that there was in fact blood found at the house Sheeran claims he killed Hoffa in but that the DNA didn't match Hoffa.

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp

Basebf555 posted:

This didn't go down exactly as that tweet implied:

quote:

Aaron was eventually adopted by another family, taking their last name. In the early 2000s, he filed a wrongful-death lawsuit against his biological father, even though Bonnie’s remains had not been found. In April 2005, he won a $26.3 million settlement against Michael, which included the ownership of the family home, News4Jax reported. It was being used as a rental.

Then, in 2014, Aaron began renovating the property, and made the discovery in the backyard. Within weeks, investigators confirmed the skull and other remains belonged to Bonnie.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

That kid was committed. That’s some monte cristo poo poo

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

christmas boots posted:

That kid was committed. That’s some monte cristo poo poo

Only better ending is if he lured the father back to the house and then buried his rear end in the same spot, never to be seen or heard from again.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Well, imagining digging up my mom's skull was a fun exercise, time for drinking

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

Basebf555 posted:

Thats 95% them making a statement.

Consider that you could just cremate the body and then just spread them out somewhere or dump em at sea or a body water.

Same exact results but its not as ominous.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Basebf555 posted:

Only better ending is if he lured the father back to the house and then buried his rear end in the same spot, never to be seen or heard from again.

“For the love of your mother, Montresor!”

turntabler
Sep 10, 2011
What happens if you win a $26 million settlement or whatever off someone who just doesn't have it? Like I can imagine that you get their assets and they take a chunk out of any future money that person earns but do you just not get it?

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

Pretty much. I think you can take most of their assets etc. In some cases you can garnish potential future earnings but they will probably be declared bankrupt and that will be the end of it.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

turntabler posted:

What happens if you win a $26 million settlement or whatever off someone who just doesn't have it? Like I can imagine that you get their assets and they take a chunk out of any future money that person earns but do you just not get it?

Pretty much. They can garnish all future wages, take any tax refunds they might get going forward, seize whatever assets they have and auction them off, etc, but you can't get blood from a stone.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Azathoth posted:

Pretty much. They can garnish all future wages, take any tax refunds they might get going forward, seize whatever assets they have and auction them off, etc, but you can't get blood from a stone.

This is why poor people are considered litigation proof. You could win a settlement and end up losing thousands of dollars to lawyer fees with no help from the guilty party because they only work 10 hours a week at the gas station. That’s where taxes, fees, rent and fines come in! You actually can get blood from a stone that way, just really slowly.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Alaois posted:

they threw hoffa's body into the landfill fire under the pulaski skyway

nah they fed him to a scrap metal machine in a kearny junkyard

thats stupid, they encased him in concrete and threw him in the hackensack river

what, that's dumb, he was buried under one of the endzones in the old Giants Stadium

don’t be silly, he’s buried under a big W

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Dissapointed Owl posted:

don’t be silly, he’s buried under a big W

Obscure reference, but I'll allow it.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
i thought hoffa's corpse was used to make spam

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Proteus Jones posted:

Obscure reference, but I'll allow it.

I love that movie. And now I want pie.

Robokomodo
Nov 11, 2009

AlbieQuirky posted:

Until the end of this year. They’re coming back in November.

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Azathoth posted:

Isn't this what happened with O.J.? He lost the wrongful death suit and got a judgement against him in the millions, but he declared bankruptcy.

Whiz Palace
Dec 8, 2013

AlbieQuirky posted:

Hoffa was killed by so many people at once

https://www.theonion.com/november-22-1963-1819587981

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Robokomodo posted:

Until the end of this year. They’re coming back in November.

Who bought the rights and recipe?

I know somebody bought the Skybar rights and recipe, but I didn’t see the coverage on Necco wafers.

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

Basebf555 posted:

There’s still a yard (conveniently within city limits, I think) in Youngstown that compacts autos and sells scrap overseas.

Can’t help but wonder how many bodies are still left in trunks to never be seen again.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
I thought Hoffa was barbecued and then served to gormless deep-south cops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

AlbieQuirky posted:

Who bought the rights and recipe?

I know somebody bought the Skybar rights and recipe, but I didn’t see the coverage on Necco wafers.

Sprangler, who also bought the SweetHearts and Canada Mints rights and equipment.