Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Was it season 5 or 6 that ended with the episode of Cersei blowing up all her enemies and was directed by someone with an actual knowledge of cinematography? Because that season deff had one good episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

also george martin seems cool, every time i've heard him talk about his writing he seems really passionate about it. imo we should respect george martin

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

even if he does not post on the forums, he's a goon

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Book 1-3: very good indeed

Book 4 - ?: very bad

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

stannis was never actually the mannis

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
If the show would have just ignored the stuff in Dorne it would have been a lot better. Oberyn was cool so keep him in, but otherwise ignore it

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

ElGroucho posted:

Book 1-3: very good indeed

Book 4 - ?: very bad

Book 4 was a chore at times but the kingsmoot was good. I listened to the audiobooks and Roy Dotrice changing all the characters voices for no reason in books 4 and 5 really made things weird.

superjew
Sep 5, 2007

No fair! You changed the outcome by measuring it!
No we need to cut to the sand snakes so we can watch this small vengeful group slowly plot revenge on the Lannisters because I'm really in suspense of how they're going to loving blow it.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Was it season 5 or 6 that ended with the episode of Cersei blowing up all her enemies and was directed by someone with an actual knowledge of cinematography? Because that season deff had one good episode.

season 6.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Dorne should just have been a couple of scenes establishing Dr. Bashir as a meek dude who is kind to orphans and everyone's bitch, and then cap it off with the "fire and blood" speech that was written for the character like a decade ago. Cut out all the other faff, shoehorn in the bad pussy tits somewhere, and boosh, you have a non-awful plotline in like three scenes, most of which has already been written for you.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Dorne more like Borene

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe
"So, i've got the script written out, and I think I've cut away all the fat."

"Wait, why aren't the sand snakes in this episode?"

"Because they don't add anything. It's a stupid tangent, and maybe that works in a book, but it drags a tv show down."

"Bob, I don't know how to say this but... Corporate wants more titties, and the main actors refuse to take them out anymore. We're going to need those sand snakes."

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I like the scene where the king jumps out of the window.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
What season was Hardhome? That's the best episode

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

I like the episode with the boobs

Infinite Karma
Oct 23, 2004
Good as dead

mike12345 posted:

I like the episode with the boobs

this but hanging dong

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4

ElGroucho posted:

"So, i've got the script written out, and I think I've cut away all the fat."

"Wait, why aren't the sand snakes in this episode?"

"Because they don't add anything. It's a stupid tangent, and maybe that works in a book, but it drags a tv show down."

"Bob, I don't know how to say this but... Corporate wants more titties, and the main actors refuse to take them out anymore. We're going to need those sand snakes."

This is probably closer to home then not

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

General Dog posted:

What season was Hardhome? That's the best episode

Season 5, actually. It really is like a diamond in a poopy sea. And unsurprisingly, it had the same director (Miguel Sapochnik) that directed Battle of the Bastards in Season 6 and the last one with Cersei 9/11-ing everyone. He was known for doing smart decisions, such as seeing a scene written by D&D in the Bastards that made zero sense, said "screw it!" threw it out, and instead put in the scene of Jon Snow almost getting stomped to death by his own troops. And then he never returned again.

It's almost as if the directors know what they're doing moreso than the writers. :thunk:

CrazyLoon fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Apr 9, 2019

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Hell Yeah posted:

there's lots of fair criticisms of GoT you could post in tviv where they discuss that stuff seriously but please don't post 1000 words about the boob and penis incest dragon show inside the fart forum.

Spoiler that poo poo. That’s the plot of the next GoT spinoff.

e: The Boob/Penis Dragons have incest sex.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
Here's my better alternate version of show events:

That MILF wildling chick from Hardholm survives. She starts banging Jon and kills all the Night Watch conspirators for Jon. She's such a badass that all the remaining wildlings are allowed through the wall under her command without issue, they march down to Stannis and join up with him before he gets his poo poo ruined. Ramsay is killed and Stannis takes over. Stannis proclaims Jon Warden of the north, during the ceremony Stannis asks Jon why he's limping - it turns out that's just how hard this wildling chick fucks and everyone has a good laugh.

Stannis executes Melisandre for suggesting they burn Shireen, and gains his book magic sword after killing her with it.

Stannis marches south and kills everyone on Cersei's side, and takes the iron throne.

Danerys dies of diarrhea in the Dothraki sea and the NK never gets his ice dragon to bring the wall down. They are stuck on the other side and just mill around the base of the wall all sad like.

The end.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Here's my better alternate version of show events:

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Ollie is the key to everything

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe
It's like poetry

It rhymes

lmao

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Glenn Quebec posted:

I actually identify with the dude with the red beard because brienne of targh is hot af

Yuuuup

CrazyLoon posted:

Season 5, actually. It really is like a diamond in a poopy sea. And unsurprisingly, it had the same director (Miguel Sapochnik) that directed Battle of the Bastards in Season 6 and the last one with Cersei 9/11-ing everyone. He was known for doing smart decisions, such as seeing a scene written by D&D in the Bastards that made zero sense, said "screw it!" threw it out, and instead put in the scene of Jon Snow almost getting stomped to death by his own troops. And then he never returned again.

It's almost as if the directors know what they're doing moreso than the writers. :thunk:

He’s got two episodes this season.

Bobby Digital fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Apr 9, 2019

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

General Dog posted:

Ollie is the key to everything

*kickflipz over hodor's erect dongus*

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Bobby Digital posted:

He’s got two episodes this season.

A third of this season directed by someone that's actually good? Exceeding my expectations already.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

One, Ollie needs to be louder, angrier, and have access to a Heart Tree...

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I’m fuckin pumped for more ravens flying at Mach 3

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

George H.W. oval office posted:

I’m fuckin pumped for more ravens flying at Mach 3

Jon & co. start using supersonic ravens as aerial interceptors and artillery to shoot the Night King out of the sky and wipe out his army.

Basically this but ravens:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPIuzGSMAkg

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
Why haven't we seen the dragon take a poo poo on someone yet?

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Torn between posting this here or the capitalist thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmf-6TYjGuQ

Top comment: When you play the game of thrones, you win OREO die

TheScuta 6.66
May 10, 2005
Don't rip me off.

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Imagine a man who:

• Fights and destroys hostile invaders to reclaim his King's seat of power.
  • Captures a false King's son to use as a valuable political bargaining chip and to take vengeance for his own King, whose family and seat of power the son attacked.
  • Helps his father push out invaders and set the realm to rights.
  • Earns a decree of legitimacy from the king for his good service.
  • Marries the daughter of a powerful lord and consummates the marriage.
  • Kills the man who murdered his king and removes from his lineage the granddaughter of the lord who broke guest rights to help murder his king.
  • Fights off and kills a false king who burned his own daughter because it was snowing.
  • Has his wife kidnapped and then fights a host of hostile wildlings led by a undead traitor who is holding his wife hostage.

Pretty good dude as far as I'm concerned.

Dreadfort crew stay strong

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

nice

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Torn between posting this here or the capitalist thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmf-6TYjGuQ

What episode did you wrote this season?

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

DoctorGonzo posted:

What episode did you wrote this season?

You'll know it when you see it

just look for "stairs" and "tits"

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

George "Rotund Retard" Martin

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Solice Kirsk posted:

I'd watch George "The American Tolkien" R.R. Martin rate and review the various french fries from all the fast food restaurants in the US.

I'd watch GRRM on Hot Ones just to see him get to the end sauces. That's when the magic happens.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

Trast posted:

I'd watch GRRM on Hot Ones just to see him get to the end sauces. That's when the magic happens.

Let's try not to kill him before he finishes the books, okay?

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

thread suddenly becoming a youtube video think tank. the end result of capitalism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Infinite Karma posted:

this but hanging dong

it was so good that we've gotten some decent dick after years of tits and asses