Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
well on one hand, zehut wants to legalize weed

on the other hand, full-scale genocide against arabs

pretty tough decision

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Concerned Citizen posted:

well on one hand, zehut wants to legalize weed

on the other hand, full-scale genocide against arabs

pretty tough decision

its cool that israeli libertarians are exactly like american ones

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

nihil sub sole novum

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

its cool that israeli libertarians are exactly like american ones

Their platform is basically privatize everything, charter schools, kicking out all the arabs (literally claiming most arabs want to leave israel anyways) and my personal favorite giving control of the temple mount to the israeli rabbinate.

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

Their platform is basically privatize everything, charter schools, kicking out all the arabs (literally claiming most arabs want to leave israel anyways) and my personal favorite giving control of the temple mount to the israeli rabbinate.

lol jfc if they try to take over the temple mount that'll be way way worse than anything we've seen

which is saying a lot

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

Feranon posted:

lol jfc if they try to take over the temple mount that'll be way way worse than anything we've seen

which is saying a lot

for the young & uninitiated, a visit to dome of the rock by some guy named ariel sharon was the direct cause of the second intifada

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

it's good to know that the israeli elections are gonna bring us hell in the most hilarious way possible

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

Main Paineframe posted:

it's good to know that the israeli elections are gonna bring us hell in the most hilarious way possible

well so far the exit polls show both the libertarian and Bennett's new party are below the threshold for a knesset seat. I want to see bennett and Shaked eat poo poo so loving bad.

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.

well so far the exit polls show both the libertarian and Bennett's new party are below the threshold for a knesset seat. I want to see bennett and Shaked eat poo poo so loving bad.

never trust exit polls in israel

qkkl
Jul 1, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
sell the temple mount to the highest bidder.

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
I want to believe.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
https://twitter.com/amirtibon/status/1115752347978862594

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

well gently caress

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
lmao

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

lmao

when i said "most hilarious way possible", i meant it, and we're off to a good start

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
How much damage can he go before he goes to prison and who takes over after?

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Marxist-Jezzinist posted:

I dunno, how much damage could an American right-wing dictator do before going to prison?
(He's not going to prison)

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

it's been sounding like he might immediately start a war in his next term, or at least another intifada, which will be his excuse for why he can't go to prison

qkkl
Jul 1, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
How soon will the Enabling Act pass the Knesset?

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
election after next he'll start the new term by demolishing the Dome of the Rock in a custom mech suit

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

the Israeli far right has spent a while openly telegraphing their intentions to weaken or overturn any governmental entity capable of acting as a check on their dominance in the Knesset. for example, calling for the courts to be weakened and for the power of judicial review to be taken away

and this election was in large part a referendum on the blatant corruption and growing fascist tendencies in Benjamin Netanyahu, Israel's longest-sitting PM in history

if he wins again, he's gonna take it as his green light from the voters to get real fascist real fast

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

lmao

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Main Paineframe posted:

the Israeli far right has spent a while openly telegraphing their intentions to weaken or overturn any governmental entity capable of acting as a check on their dominance in the Knesset. for example, calling for the courts to be weakened and for the power of judicial review to be taken away

and this election was in large part a referendum on the blatant corruption and growing fascist tendencies in Benjamin Netanyahu, Israel's longest-sitting PM in history

if he wins again, he's gonna take it as his green light from the voters to get real fascist real fast

I feel like a war against Hezbollah is probably next. Netanyahu knows it's inevitable, Trump is the friendliest US president he'll ever have to get away with whatever he wants, and his last year in office could be next year.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 26 days!)

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

I feel like a war against Hezbollah is probably next. Netanyahu knows it's inevitable, Trump is the friendliest US president he'll ever have to get away with whatever he wants, and his last year in office could be next year.

They want a war they can actually "win."

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

qkkl posted:

sell the temple mount to the highest bidder.

good location to build Trump International Temple and Tower

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fake election

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug
did bibi win?

are the bulldozers fueled up?

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.
Looks like the only change post election is the opposition getting more right wing

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

AFancyQuestionMark posted:

Looks like the only change post election is the opposition getting more right wing

and bennett eating poo poo.

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.
He's on the edge, could get in through soldier votes

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

not good, folks

quote:

Haaretz are reporting that Benny Gantz has written to party members to say although its “looking bleak”, the possibility of “electoral shifts” remains.

“It’s looking bleak but the results are not yet final. It’s possible that there will be electoral shifts, and that we can make certain political moves,” he wrote, according to the paper. “They wanted a different way and we showed it to them. We will not back down from our public duty to represent over a million people who asked us for something different. It’s an unprecedented historical victory. We should be proud.”

However, the Times of Israel says the head of the secular right-wing nationalist party Yisrael Beytenu, Avigdor Liberman, has confirmed to Ynet news site that it will either support prime minister Benjamin Netanyahu, or remain in opposition.

“Either we join Netanyahu’s government or we remain in the opposition, we are also in the opposition, we understand the balance of power,” Liberman said.

Lieberman, whose party appears to have won five seats, had previously backed Gantz in a row over the 2014 Israel-Gaza conflict earlier this year, according to Ynet.

Solar Tornado
Aug 9, 2016

A true fool keeps on fighting, even when there is no more glory to be gained
The future refused to change

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

also the government

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

death to Israel

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

also the government

nah, the goverenment will probably be literally the same

Office Commando
Mar 23, 2005
The Invasion from Within

Victory Position posted:

death to Israel

hell yeah brother

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

He's on the edge, could get in through soldier votes

let me have this you fucker :arghfist::smith:

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

https://twitter.com/halaljew/status/1116054004230971392

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
Bennett and Shaked poo poo status: eaten :hellyeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

it's sad that liberals and centrists keep falling for the same trap of "we'll try to appeal to conservatives without the baggage!" It didn't work against Berlusconi, it didn't work against Trump, and it's never going to work against Bibi. Nobody cares about corruption. Like, if we had President Bernie, I'm trying to imagine what he would have to do to make me vote for the GOP. You have to give people something to vote for.

And similar to the failed idea of winning over moderate Republicans, there just aren't enough moderate decorum Israelis who don't like Bibi but don't like Arabs. Whatever calls itself the left or the center or whatever is going to have to make some sort of appeal to Arab voters if they ever want to win again. (They won't.)