Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Also your rank doesn't decay until Diamond so you can just not play ranked any more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I probably need a break anyways so we’ll see. Thanks.

Cavelcade
Dec 9, 2015

I'm actually a boy!

I've been playing a bunch of Nami games and she absolutely rules. I've had a few games with zero deaths and a game where me, adc and top pulled it back where the enemy Rengar was 9/0/1 at one point.

The key to coming back to be make the enemy go on tilt.

Cavelcade fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Apr 8, 2019

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Cavelcade posted:

I've been playing a bunch of Nami games and she absolutely rules. I've had a few games with zero deaths and a hasn't where me, adc and top pulled a game back where Rengar was 9/0/1 at one point.

The key to commence send to be make the enemy go on tilt.

Nami is secretly the most OP support because no-one can dodge bubbles.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Buckwheat Sings posted:

Eve is good in Aram due to her free passive healing and free engage after level 6. Her Q is good for snagging assist gold and farming.

Nothing really overpowered but all just solid stuff. Like Brand and company are way better but she's not a bad pick.

Actually ime the ghost shoes alone bump her up several levels, with the ability to actually flank the way she likes to she's ridiculously good.

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

njsykora posted:

Nami is secretly the most OP support because no-one can dodge bubbles.

I think the big difference between Nami bubbles and other support cc is that you can't really see the bubbles coming very well.

I've been playing ADC a bit with my friends and won a game 0/0/3, mostly because Soraka kept bailing me out. I was pretty useful in taking down towers though.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
You can miss every single nami bubble + ult and still make a huge contribution to your team just by using her W and E with passive and an ardent censer

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

pidan posted:

I think the big difference between Nami bubbles and other support cc is that you can't really see the bubbles coming very well.

I've been playing ADC a bit with my friends and won a game 0/0/3, mostly because Soraka kept bailing me out. I was pretty useful in taking down towers though.

the biggest difference between nami bubbles and every support but zilean is that nami can slow you before she throws her skill shot at you.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
nami was my very first Favorite Championtm back when I was first learning the game. I kinda stopped playing her for a while because she feels like a less effective version of soraka in a lot of cases imo but now that she's really good I should probably make her my go-to support again

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)
I finished last season gold V and I am silver IV. Lol.

I take comfort with op.gg, which has me as the “mvp” (best player on winning team) or “ace” (best player on losing team) in 9 of my last 10 games. I have won three of those.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Cavelcade posted:

I've been playing a bunch of Nami games and she absolutely rules. I've had a few games with zero deaths and a game where me, adc and top pulled it back where the enemy Rengar was 9/0/1 at one point.

The key to coming back to be make the enemy go on tilt.

yeah, nami is a pretty strong top laner against melee guys with poor all in capabilities.

gvibes posted:

I finished last season gold V and I am silver IV. Lol.

I take comfort with op.gg, which has me as the “mvp” (best player on winning team) or “ace” (best player on losing team) in 9 of my last 10 games. I have won three of those.

ranking is typically easier at the end of season, but really none of that matters, as does rank not matter. when i was unranked and clowning on diamond 5 players i did not for one second think "wow i should really get ranked to prove i am good at league of legends" - you will eventually get to where you belong. losses are a temporary setback. your greatness is eternal, undying.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

pog boyfriend posted:

when i was unranked and clowning on diamond 5 players i did not for one second think "wow i should really get ranked to prove i am good at league of legends"

yeah you did

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Lol I have only PROJECT/Cosmic/Bullet Angel skins in my shop. :science:

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Nami is one of my best/favorite champs but I haven't been playing her as much simply because it's really hard to land bubbles when the entire enemy team has multiple dashes each which is becoming more and more common. Like, trying to Nami into a Lee Sin/Yasuo/Irelia/Braum/Lucian is one of those things where you just resign yourself to being half a champion. That said if you can get into a game with some more immobile enemy champs who can't nullify your ultimate you can do really good poo poo.

She's still a champ I won't play unless I feel really on point though. I can Morgana while half-asleep but Nami is a lot more focus intensive. She's not even hard to play, she's just harder to play exceptionally than most other supports. High skill ceiling.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Verviticus posted:

yeah you did

if i say no i didnt you will respond with “yeah you did” and this thread will devolve into an endless loop that will only end with us both being banned so i will be the bigger man here and leave it at that.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
Man they've really loving ruined ARAM. Getting a game takes forever because of the ban phase, people dodge constantly because the balance is so awkward and so many ARAM allstars get permabanned and the M in the name has lost all meaning with ghostwalkers.

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

it's cool that you can decide not to play against lux for the 5th time in a row

it's also cool that you can keep those worthless bruisers now and be somewhat effective post-6 when you have 0 rerolls left

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

The Mash posted:

Man they've really loving ruined ARAM. Getting a game takes forever because of the ban phase, people dodge constantly because the balance is so awkward and so many ARAM allstars get permabanned and the M in the name has lost all meaning with ghostwalkers.
Nah it's infinitely better now. Still don't like it much though.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

The Mash posted:

I like that they nerfed casters into the ground along with the other classic 'good' characters, but left ADCs basically/literally untouched so it's just hoping you get one of them instead, or one of the fighters who can actually put their buffs to good use. Also the +% damage taken characters are absolutely unplayable because you will explode if anyone even looks at you. 6-10% more damage is a lot worse than it sounds.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

The Mash posted:

I've played like a dozen games and haven't seen a dodge once

I used to get like 2-3 dodges in a row to get a game

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
No uses their bans effectively. Maybe I'm wrong, but I have a feeling that Taliyah isn't a game changer in ARAM

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Decided to ban veigar in aram instead of sona for the first time in about 50 games. Enemy team gets a sona who promptly shitcans us

Back to 100% sona ban for life

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
I always ban Sona, regardless of game mode. It seems like no pubbie knows to focus healers and let her run wild while she Q+E's forever

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

misguided rage posted:

Nah it's infinitely better now. Still don't like it much though.

Well myself and several friends who liked old ARAM a lot and played it more than normals all hate it. They've probably lost a good chunk of their old audience, and I'm not convinced they'll pick up a new one

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

The Door Frame posted:

No uses their bans effectively. Maybe I'm wrong, but I have a feeling that Taliyah isn't a game changer in ARAM

yeah she is. her q passive changes the game, adding elements of zone control. does anyone know if skarners passive does anything in aram?

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

pog boyfriend posted:

yeah she is. her q passive changes the game, adding elements of zone control. does anyone know if skarners passive does anything in aram?

crystals spawn all through aram yeah, two crystals on either side + a center point in-between the long bushes

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Monathin posted:

crystals spawn all through aram yeah, two crystals on either side + a center point in-between the long bushes

that sucks rear end. it just turns into a win more snowball mechanic in a straight linear map

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:
Awfully strong opinion from someone who only found out the mechanic exists two seconds ago.

I found them pretty fun to fight over. It's not like SR where getting your spire and suddenly being able to outduel the enemy jungler matters, your ARAM team isn't going to be unstoppable because skarner has a bit more attack speed.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
I just ban shaco every game because the jack-in-the-box minefield the map instantly becomes is 100x more antifun than getting owned by a veigar or whatever

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

Monicro posted:

I just ban shaco every game because the jack-in-the-box minefield the map instantly becomes is 100x more antifun than getting owned by a veigar or whatever

I ban Teemo for the same reason plus, you know, Teemo

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

The other day I banned Maokai and got flamed all game for it while we got dumpstered by a Rengar with 3 supports.

That's my ARAM-with-bans story i hope you enjoyed it.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Sup, I haven't played this game in four years and I'm just self-loathing enough to have another go. Where do I go to catch up on everything?

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
Can anyone explain how the new "Unique - Energized" passive works? Stormrazor, RFC, and IE all have "Unique - Energized" which suggests that none of the passives will stack (like sterak's and maw), but Stormrazor only makes sense if it does stack...

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

Erdricks posted:

Can anyone explain how the new "Unique - Energized" passive works? Stormrazor, RFC, and IE all have "Unique - Energized" which suggests that none of the passives will stack (like sterak's and maw), but Stormrazor only makes sense if it does stack...

Alright so I assume you meant Statikk Shiv as the last one, not IE. But basically the Energized passive itself is unique (only one number counting up to 100, not 3 separate if you built all three) but they all do different things to that unique Energized passive (their second passive effects)

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
To expand on that, if the passives drastically interfered with each other, that would make building any of them with Fleet Footwork pretty bad. Besides, RFC is designed specifically to accelerate energized.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

Erdricks posted:

AFAIK, the only thing that doesn't stack is the damage from Static Shiv and RFC, where you only get one. All other aspects of all Energized effects fully stack.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
The Energized on-hit damage doesn’t stack. Only the highest one counts, though Stormrazor will also boost it.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Basically any passive effect that is unique to multiple items will give you the best parts of each version. The only other case I know of is that if you have multiple spellblade items they’ll default to whichever spellblade will give you the highest damage and you always get Iceborns’s slow circle regardless of which damage version occurred.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

The Deleter posted:

Sup, I haven't played this game in four years and I'm just self-loathing enough to have another go. Where do I go to catch up on everything?

The game’s changed in a lot of ways - new champs, old champs reworked, lots of item changes, new jungle, new dragon, newish vision system. But the core of the game isn’t that different. Just jump in, get your builds from a website, and look poo poo up on the wiki as needed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Boxman posted:

The game’s changed in a lot of ways - new champs, old champs reworked, lots of item changes, new jungle, new dragon, newish vision system. But the core of the game isn’t that different. Just jump in, get your builds from a website, and look poo poo up on the wiki as needed.

Fair enough! I was gonna do most of that anyway. :v: