Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Didn’t Sean Bean used to be on this show?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

General Dog posted:

Didn’t Sean Bean used to be on this show?

As with most of Sean Bean's roles, his character died.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Bobby Digital posted:

Yuuuup

He’s got two episodes this season.

Tormund wants a sturdy bae who can hop around in full plate armor.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

The Bear and the Maiden Fair is a crime against humanity.

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
More like the Bear and the Maiden Mediocre amiright

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
This is the part where we all pretend she's hot

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Resting Lich Face posted:

Let's try not to kill him before he finishes the books, okay?

hahaha nice joke

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
seriously what a riot. finishing the books. you ought to be in pictures man.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
At his current rate he only needs to make it to 130 to finish

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

i hope there are more episodes where the hound walks around aimlessly in a forest and then runs into a forest town with wood chopper people where he promptly wastes 3 episodes in a dead-end thread

Mr. Merdle
Oct 17, 2007

THE GREAT MANBABY SUCCESSOR

LadyPictureShow posted:

As with most of Sean Bean's roles, his character died.

When aliens excavate our civilization they'll sink Sean Bean was in immortal

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Lil Peeler posted:

When aliens excavate our civilization they'll sink Sean Bean was in immortal

There'll be a warring faction of aliens who believe John Hurt is the one true immortal.

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

I hope it ends in a wang battle standoff between Pod and the Frosty King over who has the biggest willy and Pod wins and then Brian of Tarth comes in and steps on his pee-pee.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

ROFLburger posted:

i hope there are more episodes where the hound walks around aimlessly in a forest and then runs into a forest town with wood chopper people where he promptly wastes 3 episodes in a dead-end thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCGG1tUARw4

yeah but this came of it.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

ROFLburger posted:

Yes but Septon Swearengen

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I would gently caress the night king but I would NOT let him penetrate me

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
That dude was able to penetrate the wall bruh. Your rear end is gonna get hosed

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp

Elevator Screamer posted:

I hope it ends in a wang battle standoff between Pod and the Frosty King over who has the biggest willy and Pod wins and then Brian of Tarth comes in and steps on his pee-pee.

Uh, the night king's cold magic will cause shrinkage. There's no way humanity can win

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

I forgot this even happened JFC this show

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

I forgot this even happened JFC this show

"oval office".

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Stannis the mannis

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

holy gently caress this is bad

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich

ethanol posted:

Stannis the mannis

aren't like all the fans of this guy alt right nazis or am i grossly misremembering.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

facebook jihad posted:

aren't like all the fans of this guy alt right nazis or am i grossly misremembering.

I don’t think so but on the other hand he is a sexless authoritarian moron

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

The virgin Stannis vs the Chad Tyrion

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Renly is the chad, his gayness was meant to be real subtle lmao

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

One of the cool thematic undertones of that whole storyline was that renlys death completely incapacitated the greatest knight in the kingdom and so many of the best fighters are involved in these deeply homoerotic friendships with other men (barristan/rhaegar, Arthur Dayne/Ned) that the only acceptable reading imo is that being gay and in love is some kind of superpower in Westeros

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
I unironically miss Renly.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
GRRM only needs 20 good men and then he’ll be able to finish those books of his.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
I hope it turns out there's a bunch more giants on Jon's side and they start stepping on loads of ice-people

but then it turns out that the ice-dudes brought an ICE-TITAN and it steps on more giants

and for a while it seems they're done for but Tryion convinces the surviving humans to lock arms-and-legs together to create the biggest giant of them all and it steps on the ice-titan

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

ChickenHeart posted:

I hope it turns out there's a bunch more giants on Jon's side and they start stepping on loads of ice-people

but then it turns out that the ice-dudes brought an ICE-TITAN and it steps on more giants

and for a while it seems they're done for but Tryion convinces the surviving humans to lock arms-and-legs together to create the biggest giant of them all and it steps on the ice-titan

Voltron on the iron throne.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Aren't every feudal lords/king's authoritarian morons by definition?

Anyhow I liked the militarized religious cult biting Cersei in the rear end subplot from idk season 5 or 6 maybe?

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Colonel Cancer posted:

Anyhow I liked the militarized religious cult biting Cersei in the rear end subplot from idk season 5 or 6 maybe?

For the gigantic slog that is book 4, the slow buildup of Cersei's idiocy in every chapter is fun to behold. Naturally the show didn't portray it as well, but they redeem some in the Michael Bay explosion factor.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

For the gigantic slog that is book 4, the slow buildup of Cersei's idiocy in every chapter is fun to behold. Naturally the show didn't portray it as well, but they redeem some in the Michael Bay explosion factor.

I just legit like her role as a powerful but also incredibly impulsive and imperfect ruler, and having a plot blow up in her face because she didn't consider the consequences was incredibly satisfying (if I recall, she helped stoke fanaticism and got a new religious leader in place to strike at her rivals but then it bit her in the rear end when they went after her as well).

It's a breath of fresh air from several other villains in the series who just don't gently caress up ever.

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

BigglesSWE posted:

GRRM only needs 20 good men and then he’ll be able to finish those books of his.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

Colonel Cancer posted:

I just legit like her role as a powerful but also incredibly impulsive and imperfect ruler, and having a plot blow up in her face because she didn't consider the consequences was incredibly satisfying (if I recall, she helped stoke fanaticism and got a new religious leader in place to strike at her rivals but then it bit her in the rear end when they went after her as well).

It's a breath of fresh air from several other villains in the series who just don't gently caress up ever.

I agree completely. But I feel like the last season sort of made her into one of those completely supercompetent villain characters, due to there being nooner else to take that part. More specifically I feel like there was no struggles for her regarding her rule; you’d think blowing up half of your capital city would cause some...rifts in the ruling classes.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

Colonel Cancer posted:

Feudalism was often much less centralized and much more transactional than Martin and the show make it up to be. It was a deeply unequal and brutal system but the notion that the common people were all passive terrified victims like in the show is a schlocky caricature on the level of "right of first night" bullshit. No feudal dynasty would last long without at least paying lip service to their obligations to the system and its values. And the general ethos of "who cares about legitimacy, it's rule of the strong all the way down :agesilaus:" would have been alien to actual feudal lords for whom the nature of their right to rule was a big loving deal.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Stannis totally smashed Mel what the gently caress are you people even watching this crap?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

BigglesSWE posted:

I agree completely. But I feel like the last season sort of made her into one of those completely supercompetent villain characters, due to there being nooner else to take that part. More specifically I feel like there was no struggles for her regarding her rule; you’d think blowing up half of your capital city would cause some...rifts in the ruling classes.

She blew up most of the ruling class.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dsf
Jul 1, 2004

YaketySass posted:

Feudalism was often much less centralized and much more transactional than Martin and the show make it up to be. It was a deeply unequal and brutal system but the notion that the common people were all passive terrified victims like in the show is a schlocky caricature on the level of "right of first night" bullshit. No feudal dynasty would last long without at least paying lip service to their obligations to the system and its values. And the general ethos of "who cares about legitimacy, it's rule of the strong all the way down :agesilaus:" would have been alien to actual feudal lords for whom the nature of their right to rule was a big loving deal.

s o what your saying is that political power in westeros can best be visualized as a strong giant stepping on weaker people, forever