Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Heath posted:

"I think I can blow up the entire group if I hit them with a bomb arrow from here. Now to ready my b--"

Now do that 3 times in a row thinking you just got one shot by something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
I spent like 2 minutes doing the shrine where you’re rotating torches on a giant rubick’s cube and there’s waterfalls that douse the torches and you’re trying to get them all lit. I then said gently caress it and shot 5 fire arrows and grabbed my spirit orb. Best Zelda game ever

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

There was definitely a shrine where I smacked something with stasis, stood on top of it and skipped the actual puzzle

Probably more than once

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Look up shrine skips on YouTube there's some great ones.

In general you can jump, do a shield flip, unequip your shield, glide, then blow yourself up with a bomb to beat a lot of puzzles

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

bushisms.txt posted:

This but with bomb arrows, both in hot areas and in the rain. They produce terrific results in the heat of battle.

I remember my first attempted bomb arrow snipe, when some sort of wildlife (butterfly? bird? Something the arrow will hit) floated up directly in front of me before I loosed the arrow.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

There was definitely a shrine where I smacked something with stasis, stood on top of it and skipped the actual puzzle

Probably more than once

My favorite was the tilt control ball rolling one. I figured out on my own you could turn the whole thing upside down and roll the ball on the flat bottom surface.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

I wish they had rankings to know where you stand. I got 9 wins last time and didn't win poo poo.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Guilty posted:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2019/04/nintendo_switch_and_3ds_blockbuster_sale_starts_11th_april_up_to_60_percent_off_top_games

Looks like it's worth to wait a few days to pick up that AAA title you've been meaning to try
None of those are good deals except for the Nintendo games and you should be buying those physical anyway.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Astro7x posted:

I wish they had rankings to know where you stand. I got 9 wins last time and didn't win poo poo.

Consider moving to Europe, where you could scrape a single win on Saturday afternoon then enjoy your weekend

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Sudden Javelin posted:

Consider moving to Europe, where you could scrape a single win on Saturday afternoon then enjoy your weekend

Uhh...
https://twitter.com/NintendoEurope/status/1115530114719191040

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
It has to do with contest laws. It can't be purely skill based, so their ruleset is one win = one raffle ticket.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

I remember my first attempted bomb arrow snipe, when some sort of wildlife (butterfly? bird? Something the arrow will hit) floated up directly in front of me before I loosed the arrow.

lol sniped

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

I M M E R S I O M

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

Astro7x posted:

It really should be a 2-hour contest instead of an all-weekend contest. Having it last all weekend just rewards the poopsockers!

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
While other companies do Pay to Win, Nintendo does Win to Pay.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Went ahead and got the $40 VR kit, didn't realize until just now that it's coming out in a few days and the 25th is just when the VR updates for Mario and Zelda drop. This will probably be the last thing I get with Prime before it runs out later this month.

edit: ohhh I just thought of something. It would be really cool if Pokemon Sword and Shield got labo VR support. It'd be super easy to do compared to other games, just fix the POV to the trainers location and proceed like normal. You don't have to worry about motion sickness or anything since you're stationary.

THE FUCKING MOON fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Apr 9, 2019

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

THE loving MOON posted:

You don't have to worry about motion sickness or anything since you're stationary.

Believe it or not when in VR, if you move your head and your view point doesn't move that'll gently caress with your brain as well. You don't realize how much you actually move your head even when you're still.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Pretty sure when you move your head and the 360p world moves around at 30fps you'll still be experiencing some motion sickness.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
So walmart.ca has switch deals for console plus either mario + rabbids or Diablo 3. I haven't played D3 before, but I love strategy games, so which should I choose?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I'm glad they came out and are explicitly telling people not to mount the Labo VR to their head, at least

Tsyni posted:

So walmart.ca has switch deals for console plus either mario + rabbids or Diablo 3. I haven't played D3 before, but I love strategy games, so which should I choose?
I feel like you could probably get Mario + Rabbids for cheap used at Gamestop or somewhere, its a bit older than D3. They're both great games though you can't go wrong

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

GOGGLE GUN DOOM WHEN

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
I don't think the real gear even starts dropping in Diablo 3 until you hit Torment 1 difficulty. At all.

EDIT: Note to self: refresh BEFORE you respond, dummy.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

mdemone posted:

GOGGLE GUN DOOM WHEN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZepWyATKks

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
To add my Diablo opinion to the pile: I think the game is good and fun on the switch, but the confusion about what the game is/how to play is dumb as hell and bad design from blizz. I guess you should play the story through on the hardest difficulty you can still 1shot generic baddies on, but only so that you can appreciate how much better the adventure mode is.

Honestly just start on adventure mode and get up to 70 as quick as you can and then start pumping up the difficulty. My friends are playing the campaign and they take loving forever to do anything and inspect a the trash loot they get after each loving area and it is totally miserable after having played rifts and bounties. The game should really indicate to the player better how to get to the turbo lootin.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Tsyni posted:

For what it’s worth, you can get Mario Rabbids pretty cheap these days. I got it for $30 off Ubisoft’s store, and I think it is the same for US Amazon. D3 seems like it would be a better deal price wise.

Personally I’m a little disappointed with MR. I wish you could use more than 3 units at a time. I know hating Rabbids is low-hanging fruit but I wish we just got a Mario tactics game instead. Give me Waluigi with a shotgun instead of these loving minions.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Stan Taylor posted:

To add my Diablo opinion to the pile: I think the game is good and fun on the switch, but the confusion about what the game is/how to play is dumb as hell and bad design from blizz. I guess you should play the story through on the hardest difficulty you can still 1shot generic baddies on, but only so that you can appreciate how much better the adventure mode is.

Honestly just start on adventure mode and get up to 70 as quick as you can and then start pumping up the difficulty. My friends are playing the campaign and they take loving forever to do anything and inspect a the trash loot they get after each loving area and it is totally miserable after having played rifts and bounties. The game should really indicate to the player better how to get to the turbo lootin.

how loving dare they

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
D3 retails for $60 and Rabbids is around $15 used and frequently on sale at Best Buy for $20.

Definitely go with the one that won't drop in price for a year.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
My friends are getting in the way of my numbers going higher because they insist on playing the game is an incredible nerd take

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Knorth posted:

My friends are getting in the way of my numbers going higher because they insist on playing the game is an incredible nerd take

"I enjoy the game at a different speed than my friends" is a pretty normal take, actually

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Maybe if you're a tedious nerd

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Knorth posted:

99.9% of the thousands of pieces of loot the game throws at you every minute are worse than garbage and if you stop to look at every single one you will never actually be playing the game hth

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Knorth posted:

Maybe if you're a tedious nerd

Everyone Who Is Not Exactly Like Me Sucks

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Imagined posted:

99.9% of the thousands of pieces of loot the game throws at you every minute are worse than garbage and if you stop to look at every single one you will never actually be playing the game hth

This is the correct answer.

The only loot worth picking up is marked in red containers or has colorful auras.

loving lockers and toilets and boxes have like $13 in them which is basically a penny once you're past level 10.

e: thought I was in the Borderlands thread, lol

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

How is Skyrim on the switch? I've played it like crazy on the PC. I've got a family trip coming up with like 20 hours of car time to and from.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Imagined posted:

loving lmao at this gatekeeping

"you aren't enjoying the game in the way I do, therefore you aren't actually playing the game at all"

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

It is actually pretty annoying when your friends want to look at every piece of loot and max out their equipment after every fight. Like... you're gonna have better stuff five minutes from now. Let's keep going.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Your Computer posted:

loving lmao at this gatekeeping

"you aren't enjoying the game in the way I do, therefore you aren't actually playing the game at all"

I'm going to go to every person's house and watch them play the video game I like and the instant they do something I wouldn't do I hit them with a bat

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Lemming posted:

I'm going to go to every person's house and watch them play the video game I like and the instant they do something I wouldn't do I hit them with a bat

is this one of them japanese game shows

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

That's not gatekeeping, it just isn't much fun to go an art gallery with a rube that that thinks the exit sign is high art, much in the same way it isn't much fun to get held up by someone meticulously considering the merits of a white drop that's gonna get replaced 30 seconds later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Saxophone posted:

How is Skyrim on the switch? I've played it like crazy on the PC. I've got a family trip coming up with like 20 hours of car time to and from.

it is bog standard skyrim. no additional content, bugs, lag, or anything. just skyrim on a small screen.