Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

One of the replies on Justin's tweet says that asking to be on the final season of a show he started watching a month ago is peak Travis and I agree, but it's not in a good way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
I don't know that I've ever seen "peak Travis" used positively.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Do you people think the title of Middlest Brother is a loving joke?

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

This is 100% in spirit of become the monster and it owns. Especially because it’s so dumb

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

George H.W. oval office posted:

This is 100% in spirit of become the monster and it owns. Especially because it’s so dumb

seriously Travis is, as always, living his best, dumbest, life and hell I support it.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Campaigning to get a part is usually an excellent way to never get that part (this even applies to A-listers who talk up a dream role they haven't actually been cast in), so the fact that the Trolls 2 gambit worked is an unfathomable miracle and Travis shouldn't push his luck.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!
They got the parts in Trolls 2 because they had a LOT of fans actually working at Dreamworks when they made the joke, and they seem to have a good agent. Travis campaigning Twitter and tagging the stars of the show seems like the polar opposite approach and exactly the wrong one. If this were just a joke, it would be pretty funny, but you can tell it's mostly sincere and he'll probably push it just a little too long.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
Based on the Youtube video description this stunt was Joel’s fault

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Regardless, Travis should have the sense of responsibility not to direct a mob of harassment at the cast and crew - a cast and crew who already deal with deranged fans.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Poor Miserable Gurgi posted:

They got the parts in Trolls 2 because they had a LOT of fans actually working at Dreamworks when they made the joke, and they seem to have a good agent. Travis campaigning Twitter and tagging the stars of the show seems like the polar opposite approach and exactly the wrong one. If this were just a joke, it would be pretty funny, but you can tell it's mostly sincere and he'll probably push it just a little too long.

Don't forget that in that long-shot casting campaign, Travis himself also jeopardized it with his piss shirt at a business meeting. Travis is all about dancing with the devil and I hope it doesn't break bad this time.

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Justin is encouraging said Twitter harassment by making jokes.

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

DoctorWhat posted:

Regardless, Travis should have the sense of responsibility not to direct a mob of harassment at the cast and crew - a cast and crew who already deal with deranged fans.

I have to imagine that the middle of the Venn diagram that are McElroy/Supernatural superfans are the woooooooorst

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
Superfans of anything are horrible, this is a universal truth

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I mean their agent explicitly said that begging for the job is expected and encouraged

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Maybe he's a lovely agent. Or he's giving good advice in a terrible system.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Travis is a good actor and will an emmy for his inevitable part in Supernatural

Thank Travis for Travis.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I'm not sure if any amount of Mcelboy fans annoying Supernatural creators would even rise above background radiation variance.

It would be like me directing my 178 followers to get me booked as a guestspert on MBMBaM and 3 of them tweeting at them.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
I though we all agreed Peak Travis had already been reached after Sawbones revealed that he has a picture of himself on his desk.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
at this point the supernatural people must deal with this kind of thing on a monthly basis

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Not Operator posted:

I though we all agreed Peak Travis had already been reached after Sawbones revealed that he has a picture of himself on his desk.

I thought it was when he got a selfie light for Christmas (a gift from himself!)

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I think yall worried about the Supernatural staff getting harassed is really cute. They'll probably find Travis's efforts cute and still tell him no. Supernatural fanbase is terrifying to me.

Now if he tries this again, the bad taste alarm will blaring full force.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Perhaps to become the monster... you must first hunt the monster...

vlad3217
Jul 26, 2005

beer and cheese?!

yaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy!

I mean their agent explicitly said that begging for the job is expected and encouraged

I assumed he said this as a joke after the trolls 2 podcast and Travis took him seriously.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
personally I think travis is maybe playing this up for a joke

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Well that's certainly what he'll say afterwards

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i don't know how you can watch the video and not think it's at least partially tongue in cheek

justin the oldest brother, griffin the youngest brother, travis the "bitch eating crackers" brother

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Wait, hold on, back the gently caress up: Supernatural is still on the air?!!!

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!
For one more season. I believe what's left of tumblr will finally implode in on itself when the show finally ends.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
Tumblr hasn't cared about supernatural, generally speaking, for like, 4 years. Times have changed.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9Rf5-6N-2c

gnome7 posted:

Tumblr hasn't cared about supernatural, generally speaking, for like, 4 years. Times have changed.

Also yeah, there's a reason people in this thread didn't know it was still airing.

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

Well that's certainly what he'll say afterwards

Typical comedians, playing things up as jokes.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

ha ha wouldn't it be funny if they put me on this tv show, ha ha ha like in a speaking role and everything ha ha like wouldn't that be a really funny joke

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
A little, yeah.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I wouldn't mind a MBMBAM season two where they try their hands at doing different styles of TV shows. Especially where it's obvious the producers are trying to limit the damage the boys can do.

E.g., a renovation show but they can only renovate a few rooms. A flipping show but with stuff bought on Craigslist. A "katering show" revival where they have to cook a meal to impress the Kates'.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Tumblr still exists?

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008

C-Euro posted:

Tumblr still exists?

Less surprising than the fact that SomethingAwful still exists

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
I think I am going to try and get MBMBAM tickets tomorrow for Cincy since my brother will hopefully be able to make it this time. He had to work and missed the Columbus show. Does anyone else think $42.50 might be a little too expensive though? I don't even remember there being a preshow Sawbones/Shmanners etc when they came last time.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I hope new live TAZ ends up being Nights

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

In San Jose TAZ had no preshow and was about an hour and a half total. MBMBAM had 30 min Sawbones, 30 min Schmanners, and a a bit over an hour MBMBAM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
The latest mbmbam is a banger. That live format rocks with all the mini segments.