Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grinnblade
Sep 24, 2007
I finally got around to finishing Spirit of Justice a few weeks ago, and that was a pretty drat good game.

My only real complaint is that case 4 is where it is. It feels weird to have a case completely unrelated to the overarching plot that late in the game, especially when it's essentially there to go "hey, remember Athena has the Mood Matrix, because we're putting all the poo poo into the finale!"

Now to get hold of consistent internet again so I can do SoJ's dlc and maybe check out DGS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

Case 4 is still related to the game's themes of parenthood (surrogate or otherwise) and succession.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Zerilan posted:

better 3d art .

fancy taking this to court, big guy?

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Case 4 also had weeb Blackquill so it was more than worth having.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

chumbler posted:

Look we all know the chemistry of Phoenix and Edgeworth is untouchable, but other characters need to be given their time to shine.

that's what capcom makes mega man and resident evil for

if they wanted to make an apollo justice game they should've built an rear end attorney franchise

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
The 3D models are fine but AJ was the artistic peak of this series

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
The 3D models in DGS actually look amazing compared to the mainline 3D games. Way more character in the animations too.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Part of why I want an Athena arc is because she and Blackquill’s courtroom dynamic massively outshine Apollo’s and Klavier’s. Was it SoJ Case 4 where it goes first-person into Blackquill’s PoV for a moment and he shakes Athena by the shoulders, encouraging her to pull it together?

Also I’ve said it before but since Juniper Woods wanted to be a judge I want to see her guest-judging a case with a huge beard made of crocheted sunflowers.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

That would be a pretty major conflict of interest.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

the 3d models look ok for the most part when it came to the new characters

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

chumbler posted:

That would be a pretty major conflict of interest.

Only if Apollo was the defense attorney.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

The spritework on Klavier's fingers during his air guitar riff are enough for me to not mind the guy.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?

Amppelix posted:

Also there's a bit of a running joke that Apollo does not pay attention to current popular culture in the slightest

He outright says he hates the kind of music Klavier plays.

Which makes his sarcastic "oh, that's a shame" quip when Klavier tells him his band broke up even better.

I love Apollo and Klavier's dynamic. They have a Homer Simpson/Ned Flanders thing going on where one just hates the other for being a nice guy.

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

"That's going in the cringe reel for sure."

For the switch version that's coming out, are they adding any QoL stuff like message log reading, and going back to old cases in the middle of them, or is it just a straight port of the trilogy... again?

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
the trilogy is out today! maybe THIS time if enough people buy it they'll localize dgs1+2 and aai2, for real this time

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Chieves posted:

The spritework on Klavier's fingers during his air guitar riff are enough for me to not mind the guy.

klavier is apollo's nemesis so naturally i think he's an ok guy

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Athena and Blackquil rule as a courtroom team and so does Case 4 in SoJ.

Next Ace Attorney game I want to see more of those two.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I had a dream last night that AA7 was out and Athena had a really nice new suit for it.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Even though I've bought the trilogy on several platforms before, I really like this version. They've done a nice job with the UI, and the backgrounds look very nice. I'm super interested in getting 4, 5, and 6 like this.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Apollo was also really good in that one DD case where he got to be Athena's sidekick and was just a wholly decent dude and mentor-type. Especially when he got a fantastic synth jazz theme song out of nowhere.

I'm down with AA7 letting Nick retire and putting Athena in the spotlight, but the game had best also keep featuring Mr. Fine. And Weeb Blackquill, obviously.

Ceramics
May 26, 2014

man nurse posted:

Even though I've bought the trilogy on several platforms before, I really like this version. They've done a nice job with the UI, and the backgrounds look very nice. I'm super interested in getting 4, 5, and 6 like this.

I agree its really nice.

Plus just not having to pull out my 3ds for my all too frequent replays is more then worth it.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I wonder what random orphan kid Phoenix will bring into the agency for AA7.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Funky Valentine posted:

His own

:shepicide:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Funky Valentine posted:

A young man from the Sunflower Orphanage by the name of Kiryu Kazuma...

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Iris had one last bullshit secret to keep from Feenie...

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Turnabouts, huh?

I'm starting to see the appeal...

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Funky Valentine posted:

We already have one! (SoJ spoiler) Army Buff!

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?

Silver Falcon posted:

We already have one! (SoJ spoiler) Army Buff!

pls let this happen

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

That was the most adorable character

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The slower version of Apollo's theme in 5 is some top tier AA music.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I completely forgot about them and yes.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

Pablo Nergigante posted:

"Defend Kiryu Kazuma on the stand as he's being accused of murder, in addition to 582 counts of assault, 1180 counts of assault with a deadly weapon, public intoxication, and property damage"

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/inflictedorgan/status/1008224022662823936?lang=sv

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Phoenix Wright would've been 18 years old at the time, so why was he giving law advice to a yakuza........

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

IShallRiseAgain posted:

Phoenix Wright would've been 18 years old at the time, so why was he giving law advice to a yakuza........

phoenix wright has always had a sense of justice. you don't need to be a lawyer to help majima

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

IShallRiseAgain posted:

He's a prodigy

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Waffleman_ posted:

He's a prodigy

Wright started being a lawyer at the late age of 23. He must have been held back multiple years.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

CuddlyZombie posted:

Wright started being a lawyer at the late age of 23. He must have been held back multiple years.

Given his backstory about wanting to save Edgeworth, it's probably because he decided a little later than he should have.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

There is no decisive evidence that Phoenix ever actually transferred into law, and didn't just craft his badge in his art classes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Gruckles posted:

There is no decisive evidence that Phoenix ever actually transferred into law, and didn't just craft his badge in his art classes.

he got a special lesson from mia, channeling the spirit of franziska von karma, and passed the bar

it's like you didn't even play phoenix drive